Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Mreenaria the Champion of Arms" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27975
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 14-Jun-04 12:00 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27975, "(DELETED) [None] Mreenaria the Champion of Arms"

Sun Jun 13 23:59:14 2004

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Mreenaria perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:106

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Klaak Mreenaria (Guest)Mon 14-Jun-04 04:34 PM

#28019, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Mreenaria the Champion of Arms"
In response to Reply #0

Well, for those of you who interracted with me with Mreenaria, I'm sure this is quite a bit of a surprise. My reasons for deleting were completely based on reality. Mreenaria was a great char and I loved playing her. I don't normally have such successful pk characters. Yeah, I died some too, but much less I think than many of my previous chars. There are actually a few reasons why I deleted, but they all come back to one main reason. I had actually decided to quit with CF permanantly shortly after I returned from the army. After being away from it for 6 months though, I decided to stop in and check out the recent changes. I saw the new felar and dwarf inherents and became fascinated and curious, deciding to roll up a char just to check them out "briefly". Obviously, I ended up getting sucked back in. As a result, CF has become too much of a distraction from more important things in my life. This fall I'll be going to school to major in Theology, and then go on to Seminary to become a pastor and go into evangelism. Since I got back from the army, Carrion Fields has become a big distraction from my focus on God. I find myself spending all my "down time" thinking about what I can do with my characters instead of what I can do to become a better Christian and to do God's work. Instead of reading the Bible to learn how to better deal with all situations in reality, I'm playing a game that teaches me how to survive in a fantasy setting that isn't based one bit on biblical principles (I'm not saying this to condem the game, just explaining why it's so much of a distraction). It's time I refocused my attention on God and doing His work. The other big reason is, there's a girl (OF COURSE!!!!!) that I'm very interrested in, and could very well be the woman I marry. However, to win her heart fully, there are some things I need to change about myself; things that I've known for a long time that I need to change. She's also a very devout Christian, and unless I can show her that God has just as big a part in my life (which He does) as He does in her's, then all we'll ever be is "just friends" (TORTURE!!!!). I also find that I'm spending more time thinking about what I can do with my characters than I am thinking about what I need to do to win this wonderful woman's heart.

Unlike the last time I quit, this time it will truly be permanant, because of one distinction. Last time I got drawn back in because I looked back. I got to wondering about what was going on, and what kinds of changes had occured while I was gone, wondering what people were doing now, and so forth. This time, however, I'm not looking back. I've once again removed my client and all my world files. Once I get my logs posted, I'll be deleting all of them too (unlike the last time). The only thing left to remind me of cf at all will be the memories in my head (unfortunately I can't just delete those) and the few cf'ers that I have on AIM. I won't even be going to the cf oriented IRC chatrooms any more.

It's been an exciting 6 year ride, and I now that I've finally begun to achieve "old-schooler" status, I'm giving it up. I'd like to say that I'll miss it, but as I look at what God has in store for my life (and I only see the very beginnings of His plan for me), I have to say reality promises to be FAR more exciting than the wildest dreams of any fantasy world. There's an exciting journey ahead, just waiting for me to grab the reins of life and turn them over to God to do the steering. I wish you all the best, and hope that one day you'll find in reality the exciting adventure you get from fantasy.

Below is a list of some of my more notable characters in order (though there may be some slight discrepencies in the order).

Kaden--Elf ranger

Talen--Elf healer empowered by Raisa

Gailen--Elf conjurer, first to recieve Selric's tattoo

Klaak--Svirf thief (old-school) {berserker}

Pleckis--Arial thief (old-school) {scout}

Brakak--Arial assassin first to recieve Thror's tattoo {scout}

Azlath--Gnome tranny (old-school) focus <shapeshifting> Air/water

Hruptek--gnome tranny (old-school) focus <shapeshifting> Offense/utility

Anastrianna--Half-elf invoker (prior to ooze and affinity), tattooed by Ilraeth

Seryella--Half-elf invoker

Mreenaria--Felar warrior spear-staff/polearm

*Mreenaria grasps her spear tightly in both paws and snaps to attention, giving a sharp salute and downward slash with her spear, then turns and strides away toward paths of excitment and adventure she can only begin to imagine.*

Istirith (Guest)Mon 14-Jun-04 08:59 AM

#27990, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Mreenaria the Champion of Arms"
In response to Reply #0

Never saw this coming.. any particular reason why you deleted?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27975 Previous topic | Next topic