Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Elrahdriahl the Master of Offense" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27806
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 15-Jun-04 12:13 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27806, "(DELETED) [None] Elrahdriahl the Master of Offense"

Wed Jun 9 22:17:01 2004

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Elrahdriahl perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:31
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:52

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply A common theme I see in Cabal Inductions., Audriel (Guest), 10-Jun-04 05:52 PM, #7
Reply ...., Acutally (Guest), 10-Jun-04 06:12 PM, #8
     Reply I understand., Audriel (Guest), 10-Jun-04 06:30 PM, #9
     Reply ..., that was not it (Guest), 10-Jun-04 06:50 PM, #10
     Reply RE: ...., Remthael (Guest), 10-Jun-04 08:29 PM, #16
Reply Making things up IC just to be petulant before deleting..., Celebrimbor (Guest), 10-Jun-04 02:29 PM, #4
Reply I made nothing up, well.. (Guest), 10-Jun-04 03:16 PM, #5
Reply Uhh, bs., Celebrimbor (Guest), 10-Jun-04 07:12 PM, #12
     Reply whatever you say, hmm.. (Guest), 10-Jun-04 07:22 PM, #13
          Reply You know, I started out here trying to be helpful to yo..., celebrimbor (Guest), 10-Jun-04 07:43 PM, #14
          Reply No offense to you, but I didnt change a single thing..., Remthael (Guest), 10-Jun-04 08:17 PM, #15
Reply Speaking of awareness, Half-aware (Guest), 10-Jun-04 05:36 PM, #6
     Reply I didn't say or do anything defensive, Celebrimbor (Guest), 10-Jun-04 06:53 PM, #11
Reply heh, met you (Guest), 10-Jun-04 09:29 AM, #2
Reply uh?, ... (Guest), 10-Jun-04 11:52 AM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Elrahdriahl the Master of Offense, Miryusa (Guest), 10-Jun-04 07:24 AM, #1

Audriel (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 05:52 PM

#27834, "A common theme I see in Cabal Inductions."
In response to Reply #0

Applicants and entry-level inductees often feel neglected, underappreciated, and undercompensated. Leaders often feel that their applicants and inductees are underappreciative, whiny, unmotivated, and overly demanding.

I understand why you would be frustrated over not being inducted. However, the reason was quite simple: MARAN IS FULL. If you don't have the patience to wait this out, you won't have the patience to become a Maran. As a squire, you have very minimal power in comparison to your duties, and must undertake many of the same risks the marans do.

In your case, my feeling is that you just gave up in the face of adversity. The hardships you endured are nothing compared to what the Marans and Squires face.

If you feel the Fortress doesn't care about you, I don't know what to say. I distinctly remember you asking me for healing aid near Forest of Nowhere and accommodating you, despite having 3 people to look after:

Elrahdriahl tells you 'extend aid?'
Elrahdriahl tells you 'I am in the forest of nowhere'

And so, I extended aid. Just over one week later, you make thankless comments like this:

Elrahdriahl says 'Though none of them will aid me ever'
Elrahdriahl says 'They care little of me, only those in their hall'

Oh, really? Selective memory works in funny ways. As a true Soldier of the Light, your actions are done without expectation of compensation. You should be killing evil, no matter what. Your attitude should be that it is an honor to serve. Instead, you are upset that "none of them will ever aid." The Marans are expected to face unfair odds, with little expectation that others will help them.

In your final hour, you were surrounded by the Cardinal and a scribe, offered IMMteraction by a Fortress Lord, and you still deleted. None of the squires get this sympathy. I sure don't remember people counseling me or catering to my needs as I ran around naked, trying to avoid getting bashed to death. Most players can say the same about their experience in these lands.

Was it the Fortress who let you down, or was it you who let the Fortress down? In truth, the Fortress cared about you, especially because you made quite a few of us upset at this deletion. Perhaps Scion or Empire would offer better counselling and support, but I highly doubt it.

This is a perfect illustration of the frustration experienced by leaders and applicants. We feel you let us down, and you feel that we let you down. In the future, you must stop depending on others so much for your own happiness. There are people who care about you, and you should remember that.

Acutally (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 06:12 PM

#27835, "...."
In response to Reply #7

When I delete I delete. I came to pay my respects and when you kept dragging things on and on about how I should not delete and people yelling for me to get off... it didn't go so hot. I actually had hoped to only go in rage delete but instead things got held up so long that is turned into a real delete. When I get hot, I get tempermented. I took many deaths and so I do what I usually do, delete and maybe come back. This time it was not so fortunate.

Audriel (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 06:30 PM

#27838, "I understand."
In response to Reply #8

This was a well thought out character, and I hate to see characters like this lost in the heat of rage. I don't like to see anyone get upset.

Good or bad, more than a few characters had some kind of emotional investment in Elrahdriahl. I know I was rooting for you. We all work together as players, friend or foe. That's why we're not going to let you delete so easily.

Next time Lemath kills your maran for breaking the law, don't give up. Get right back up, kill some more, and keep breaking the laws. He's doing his job. You're doing yours.

Good luck on your next, and find your own spear!

that was not it (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 06:50 PM

#27839, "..."
In response to Reply #9

I have no quarrels with lemath. In character I did, Elrahdriahl hated the fact that while he was trying to talk lemath just shows up. It is the things following that had nothing to do with lemath.

that passed by and more events happened.

Remthael (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 08:29 PM

#27867, "RE: ...."
In response to Reply #8

I'm not sure how you and Audriel came to talk, but next time just log on, delete;delete, and be on your way if that's all you meant to do. Audriel and I especially, and I'm sure a few others, know what you did for the Fortress, I witnessed you helping as well. Of course we're not going to let you go down easily.

I dont mean this in a rude way, but if you truly believed you were fit to be a Maran, you'd have continued to do what you were doing without a watcher/items/pit and when the Lords opened induction again, you'd have been known to aid and would have pretty much guaranteed admission.

I'm sorry things turned out like they did and I even offered help in obtaining that spear for you when I was speaking with the thief who had it at the time, but I didnt have the funds to purchase it. Gear comes and goes a lot when you're in a cabal and are required to be in PK situations. Good spears are hard to come by at low levels, at least they were for me when I had a spear spec. Pick up what you can and keep trucking. I hope your next character will be more fun for you.

Celebrimbor (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 02:29 PM

#27828, "Making things up IC just to be petulant before deleting..."
In response to Reply #0

You made some crap up just before you deleted, that I heard about from one of the Scribes. Thats just really poor form, and just taints whatever good things might have been thought about your character.

Fortunately in this instance, I didn't think a whole lot of positive things about you, so there's not much to taint. Nearly every person in the Fortress who I asked about you told me the same story. You were constantly asking them for their equipment, or help with equipment, or for spare equipment, or for something to do with equipment. Thats not the kind of element I'd be eager to bring into the Fort, even if inductions weren't on hold for the time being (Something else I tried to explain to you that you just didn't seem to understand).

I'm trying to discourage people who are too worried about their shiny set, or too scared they may lose it. I would take a player who is obviously green and clueless, but who is willing to fight and learn, over a player who is clearly a veteran, very saavy, but is too concerned about eq to be an asset.

Next time, try not to be so wrapped up in shinies. Don't rely so heavily on other people for advice or justification. be self reliant and more aware of how the people around you view you. Good luck with the next.

well.. (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 03:16 PM

#27830, "I made nothing up"
In response to Reply #4

it was all true. Nor was it all that bad of information I said. If you take offense, that is your ordeal. I only questioned about spears.

Celebrimbor (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 07:12 PM

#27846, "Uhh, bs."
In response to Reply #5

You claimed that I gave you an order to attack someone in a town, which was blatantly untrue. You weren't mine to order around, since I knew I couldn't induct you anyway. You asked me what I thought about attacking in a protected city, and I told you what my thoughts on it were.

You then complained that when you got flagged for breaking the law as I had "ordered you to" and came to me for protection, I didn't do anything to defend you from Lemath. You never said word one to me about Lemath being after you. You showed up at the Fortress while a raid was taking place, and sat there. The first anyone knew what you were there for, Lemaths guards are yelling your name and 2 seconds later you're gone.

If you're going to be petulant and delete because you can't get into a cabal, then just do it. Going completely counter to your character and lying about people before you delete just sullies you, not them. Try not to do it in the future.

hmm.. (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 07:22 PM

#27849, "whatever you say"
In response to Reply #12

say all you wish.. cele did lie on one or more occassions. Thus the reason my elf hated you.

celebrimbor (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 07:43 PM

#27857, "You know, I started out here trying to be helpful to yo..."
In response to Reply #13

But now you're just being a pissant. How you, someone I spoke to from a distance a small handful of times, and saw in person twice (if that) come to the conclusion that Celebrimbor lied, just floors me.

Lets be perfectly frank here kid, paladins are heavily "watched" characters, not just by their own immortal patron, but by others as well. Add to the mix a tattoo in a gods religion, and you have even more immortal attention on you. Throw in a dash of cabal leadership, and you have a character who ought to assume that at all times someone, somewhere, is watching what they do and say. For a paladin of this type in the Brigade, the last thing anyone who wants to keep said character would do, is tell a lie. Just because you may not agree with things that happened is no excuse for you to break your role before you delete, and try to smear someone you had almost no interaction with. I tried to be helpful and point out to you that doing this diminishes everything you did with the character.

Celebrimbor never lied, certainly not to you. We never had more than maybe two minutes of actual conversation. How, from that tiny interaction you came to the IC conclusion that I lied, astounds me. To be frank, if I were going to break my role for someone, it would be someone important. You just weren't.

Remthael (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 08:17 PM

#27865, "No offense to you, but I didnt change a single thing..."
In response to Reply #13

you told me when I spoke to the Captain.

Half-aware (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 05:36 PM

#27833, "Speaking of awareness"
In response to Reply #4

My original flame has been dimmed to this:

A lot of your posts on the forums make me view you more negatively because there seems to be a common theme that you take things said personally and try to influence how we see the character Celebrimbor on the forums. They're common faults and ones I have myself. Doesn't change that it makes you look bad though.

Celebrimbor (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 06:53 PM

#27841, "I didn't say or do anything defensive"
In response to Reply #6

I commented that making things up IC that never happened, pre-deletion, was poor form. The rest was a (semi) helpful reminder that being too concerned about gear turns some good aligned people off. Nothing more.

met you (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 09:29 AM

#27820, "heh"
In response to Reply #0

Well it might seem respectless but when I met you you asked me for a piece of equipment that I wore, expecting to get it? wtf? that's not even elven arrogance, that's plain stupid I believe if you want to play a successfull goodie you'll have to be alot more respectful.

... (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 11:52 AM

#27824, "uh?"
In response to Reply #2

You tell Paladin: Would you like a a collar?
Paladin: No elf, I don't care about gear.
You tell Paladin: I see, what do you wear about your neck?
Paladin: What does it matter? I wear a hammer pendant and *forget what else*
You tell Paladin: Indeed then. Might I offer trade for such pendant?
*** idea you actually were true about not caring for gear. soo...***

Miryusa (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 07:24 AM

#27816, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Elrahdriahl the Master of Offense"
In response to Reply #0

wadda hell? EH? deleted just because you got deceived by scions and not let into fort? Eh? Car'mon, don't be a quitter! Good luck with the next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27806 Previous topic | Next topic