Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Thalric Rowanee, the Dauntless Exp..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27700
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 06-Jun-04 02:44 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27700, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Thalric Rowanee, the Dauntless Expeditionist, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Sun Jun 6 14:44:00 2004

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Thalric perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:309

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply And so the trips end., Thalric (Guest), 06-Jun-04 02:59 PM, #1
     Reply Gah, you said you wouldn't leave us! Very sad to see t..., Audriel (Guest), 06-Jun-04 07:40 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Gah, you said you wouldn't leave us! Very sad to s..., Thalric (Guest), 13-Jun-04 12:54 PM, #7
     Reply I cant believe, Xaan (Guest), 06-Jun-04 09:27 PM, #3
     Reply RE: I cant believe, Thalric (Guest), 13-Jun-04 01:21 PM, #11
     Reply Rats, Miaree (Guest), 06-Jun-04 11:21 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Rats, Thalric (Guest), 13-Jun-04 01:02 PM, #8
     Reply Bye bye, Els (Guest), 07-Jun-04 06:35 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Bye bye, Thalric (Guest), 13-Jun-04 01:09 PM, #9
     Reply Still my all time favortie conversation was with you., Lerrik (Guest), 12-Jun-04 12:56 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Still my all time favortie conversation was with yo..., Thalric (Guest), 13-Jun-04 01:16 PM, #10

Thalric (Guest)Sun 06-Jun-04 02:59 PM

#27701, "And so the trips end."
In response to Reply #0

Ah well.. here I am then. I’ve been thinking about moving on for some time, somehow I wasn’t able to muster the strength and willpower and make more fun for myself and others in this form.
Thalric was made as my first empowered character to give it a shot. Now that I’ve been through it I have mixed feelings about it all but I have to say it’s leaning to the positive still. On a positive note, I was empowered less than 8 hours from rolling and in the beginning I had a blast, wandering around and doing more or less what I wanted. Then over time it just faded for me, I ran out of ideas and it might’ve shown through.
The shaman class as a whole I liked a lot, arguably one of the more powerful classes I’ve played so far. The only trouble I had was figuring out tactics and even if I myself didn’t really get a hang of it I learned a whole lot about what a pain a shaman can be to face as a foe. I quickly wrote a note to myself though: “Sanctuary doesn’t make me invincible!”.

I’ve not much else to say that I can remember, so on to the few goodbyes I have:

IMMORTALS
Arvam – When I came to ask for empowerment I didn’t really know what to expect, but somehow you nudged me along. A pity we didn’t get to speak more, but after a while I just… stopped showing interest and I don’t know if you did as well but I know I would Thank you for everything though, it was a blast while it lasted.

Vynymlak – Thank you for taking me to the fields those times we got to meet, it really did mean a lot to Thalric to see something not many mortals get to see before their deaths.

HERALD
Miaree – My fuzzy! You stayed as a true friend and more throughout Thalric’s life and meant a lot to him. I liked the times we had together very much.

FORTRESS
Vorondel – Thank you for inducting me, you were an old fart but a very stable and uplifting presence in the Fort through some harsh times.

Audriel – I’m sorry Audriel, but I won’t be able to stand beside you anymore. You are a very much needed person in the Fort to keep people back from just mindlessly going out and doing what they want, keep it up and good luck as the new Cardinal!

Vahletharien – You play an elf as I see them before me, a bit aloof over the other races and you seem to know what you’re doing. We had a few very good fights together against the ever-present centurions with a healer behind them in Balator and that time we managed to push through against Zauttevre and some other schmoe really made my day.

Lariya – A powerful one for sure, a shame I didn’t get to see you more often than I did.

Nhiala – Good luck up there in Asgaard, I think you can bring some good things to the place.

The rest of you, keep on trucking, you’re doing a good job from what I can see.

SCION
Zavin – I fought you once when you were around 46 and was able to send you running. Then you heroed and things got a whole lot nastier.

EMPIRE
Zauttevre – Easily the most annoying thing in the empire so far. Two pairs of shrouded centurions isn’t something that anyone with a sane mind will go up against if they’re alone.

Grottimgesh – Fought you a few times and didn’t have too much trouble maledicting you. If there’s one skill I’ve come to hate, its strip. I happened to like that blade you took from me and lever let go off again.

Yanacek – Annoying as hell as there were no way to bring you down without at least three people and even then your set would be able to save you for another half an hour while backup arrives.

I fought a lot of people and probably forgot a whole bunch, so holler up if you’ve something to say and I’ll try to respond.

Audriel (Guest)Sun 06-Jun-04 07:40 PM

#27705, "Gah, you said you wouldn't leave us! Very sad to see t..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

Thalric (Guest)Sun 13-Jun-04 12:54 PM

#27959, "RE: Gah, you said you wouldn't leave us! Very sad to s..."
In response to Reply #2

Yep, I know. It stung in me too, but I felt this was the best way for all involved. I had a lot of fun with Thalric but when logging on takes more and more willpower it becomes a chore and I'm not interested in turning CF into one.

Thalric

Xaan (Guest)Sun 06-Jun-04 09:27 PM

#27707, "I cant believe"
In response to Reply #1

for how long your title was misspelled.

Thalric (Guest)Sun 13-Jun-04 01:21 PM

#27963, "RE: I cant believe"
In response to Reply #3

I didn't notice until very late myself and never thought much about it. Blame Arvam for it, it was his fault after all!

Miaree (Guest)Sun 06-Jun-04 11:21 PM

#27709, "Rats"
In response to Reply #1

Sure, go and delete on the old cat. We had great fun hanging
out together though, from first guiding you around to Arvam
(after which you killed yourself with alcohol poisoning, heh)
to getting in trouble together while exploring places. Shaman
acolytes are pretty nifty for that, though I still have no idea
how come you died right off from using altruism on me.

Anyway, thanks and good luck!

Thalric (Guest)Sun 13-Jun-04 01:02 PM

#27960, "RE: Rats"
In response to Reply #4

I thought it was age-less kitty

But yeah, we had a lot of fun I think. And that death wasn't my fault, it was the alcohol's! Note to self: don't drink yourself into a stupor and go to Ysigrath without any coin and run out of moves in the middle of the swamp.
Shaman was very neat for exploring, with a few invoker shields they can do wonders. As for altruism, that time wasn't the only one it got me into fatal trouble so to say *cough*.

Now you'll have to find a new lap to sit in though, make it a comfortable one!

Thalric

Els (Guest)Mon 07-Jun-04 06:35 AM

#27714, "Bye bye"
In response to Reply #1

We had a few good runs in the beginning, but then my playing times dropped drastically. From what I can remember you fairly competent, and you made a very good acolyte. My playing times have been going up of late, so I guess it's a pity you aren't there anymore. Anyways, good luck with your next one.

Elstratuviel

Thalric (Guest)Sun 13-Jun-04 01:09 PM

#27961, "RE: Bye bye"
In response to Reply #5

Yeah, I noted the same. I've run into you with a few characters now and I'll always welcome another bard. You know what you're doing and I think we could've given the imperials a few good fights together.

Good luck and take care!

Thalric

Lerrik (Guest)Sat 12-Jun-04 12:56 PM

#27919, "Still my all time favortie conversation was with you."
In response to Reply #1

nothin' but enemies on who pk.
empire has your orb.
something along the lines of:
Lerrik: Want to go get the orb back?
Thalric: Think we can against blah blah blah and blah?
(don't remember who all it was)
Lerrik: Not a chance in hell, want to try it anyway?
Thalric: let's go.

P.S. If you meet another fellow like Lerrik
don't listen to him. it will just get your whole
party dead. Though you were hard to kill being
a shaman and all.

So how was being a shaman? I never played one.
Though i think you would have done well as a paladin.
might want to try that when you feel another empowerment
character coming on.

Thalric (Guest)Sun 13-Jun-04 01:16 PM

#27962, "RE: Still my all time favortie conversation was with yo..."
In response to Reply #6

Ah yes, I remember that time, it was a good day to die as they say

Well, if I ever spot your characters around again I think I know what will come of it: Good fights, twenty minutes of regearing and then at it again

Shaman is a great class in my opinion, at least for staying alive. You have good protections, healing and an ability to cure most stuff. Bundled up with a thief they can be outright nasty with their very good offensive power. The only gripe I had was trying to dispel hero invoker shields, it's just futile
Try it out sometime, it's the best way to learn after all!

Toots.

Thalric

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27700 Previous topic | Next topic