Subject: "(DELETED) Sazgor the failed Empoweree of the Lurker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27688
Show all folders

SandDemonSat 05-Jun-04 10:13 PM
Member since 12th Apr 2004
101 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27688, "(DELETED) Sazgor the failed Empoweree of the Lurker"

Well for those that met me, this was my first attempt at empowerment and quite honestly not the best way to start out. I ranked real fast and got empowered by pure luck because Drok was actually there. Little to my dismay, it was a partial empowerment and then came the dead lock - stuck at level 20 with 3 hours on the character. I tried praying a bunch for a full week with no luck, so I decided to ask Nepenthe when his times were. 8-11pm system time....which I religiously prayed at for another full week. To my dismay, I'm suddenly at 30 hours and I had heard *nothing* - I sent 3 in game notes, one email, and talked to about 5 seperate Immortals on the subject with no luck. Nepenthe just wasn't around during my times. In the end, I realized that even if I did get empowered that I would hardly ever seen interation - actually I would probably never see it. So I decided to axe Sazgor even though I had grown to love the guy.

To all the Immortals, I know 30 hours isn't a lot, but that was 2 full weeks - with my time schedule and work, I really don't want to waste more than 2 weeks waiting so I had to. I pked, I explored, I chatted in the Inn but stuck at level 20 is something of a nightmare over two weeks. Even made another character, which I am finding more drawn to then praying with Saz. Any feedback would be nice, so please let me know.

To all the people I interacted with, it was fun. Hope I made some of you laugh, some of you cry, and some of you scream. To all the Heralds, it was fun littering the flower patches with milk bottles and screaming at blasphemers. To Grubbekul, I am no orc wench - half empowerment sucks against a 26 orc. To...damn, not going to remember your name, but that duergar who wanted to talk a lot - it made life interesting in a dull moment.

Thanks everyone and I'll try again later, but quite honestly, from a more frequent Immortal. It seems in trying for an "older" Imm, you get all hyped up and let down - also hearing great stuff about Velkurah, so watch out

SandDemon
(and before everyone rants on me for 30 hours being nothing, sitting at level 20 for 2 straight weeks is not what I call enjoyable)

Despite the fact that my weapons and armor are in desperate need of repair, I blow the entire king's reward on Ale and Whores!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nepentheSun 06-Jun-04 10:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27708, "Well, I'll say this..."
In response to Reply #0

I took a chance on this character, despite not being exceptionally won over by either his role (it wasn't bad, but I also didn't see why this character should particularly interest the Lurker) or the initial interaction. All of the above good enough to be given a chance, but not enough for me to be in love with the character, at least yet.

My time has been exceptionally ass the last two weeks, including a weekend out of town and another spend working.

That said, I did find a little time to watch Sazgor 2-3 times after I empowered him. These were times that my attention had to be split enough that I couldn't really manage an interaction, but could spare enough attention to read scrollback and see what was going on with him on and off.

On all of these occasions, he wasn't really doing anything.

Thus, the amount of empowerment he had was the amount of empowerment he stayed with as far as I saw him.

I didn't see him doing anything bad, but I didn't see him doing anything good either.

I've played priests higher with less empowerment myself and had a good time doing it. If you like the character, it's not hard. If you don't, better that you found out now.

SandDemonMon 07-Jun-04 01:53 AM
101 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27711, "RE: Well, I'll say this..."
In response to Reply #3

Probably for the best then. The first week I really played Sazgor well, I kept the story going and probably was B+ grade roleplaying and interaction. After the 2nd week of just logging in and not hearing anything, I'd sometimes honestly just sit there. With my limited time, it was just draining - I liked Sazgor a lot, just can't stand being limited like that for too long. Well it was fun, thanks for the feedback.

And what about responding to my email or notes? All that would have given me a nugget to continue instead of silence for two weeks straight. Just trying to give some adivce - even though you didn't have time to interact, replying or letting me know that is a billion times better than silence.

SD

Despite the fact that my weapons and armor are in desperate need of repair, I blow the entire king's reward on Ale and Whores!

Lurkerfan (Guest)Sat 05-Jun-04 11:27 PM

#27689, "RE: (DELETED) Sazgor the failed Empoweree of the Lurker"
In response to Reply #0

Hey.. you got empowered by the coolest imm on the game, who OPENLY admits that he rarely plays and even more rarely interacts. Lucky bastard, don't know what you expected, but kudos to you for getting empowered in the first place. Way cool.

SandDemonSat 05-Jun-04 11:52 PM
101 posts
#27690, "RE: (DELETED) Sazgor the failed Empoweree of the Lurker"
In response to Reply #1

I got partial empowered...big difference

Karnif (Guest)Thu 10-Jun-04 06:04 AM

#27811, "I doubt anyone ..."
In response to Reply #2

... get full empowerment from the start. So you shouldn't feel bad about yourself on that department. I think Amaranthe (sp?) posted about empowerment on gameplay. My advice is to read that and get back on track with another empowerment character. If you wish.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27688 Previous topic | Next topic