Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Illisza the Disciple of Ancient W..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27586
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 02-Jun-04 01:12 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27586, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Illisza the Disciple of Ancient Ways, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris"

Wed Jun 2 13:09:02 2004

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Illisza perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:219

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Oh no., Vonyx (Guest), 02-Jun-04 08:22 PM, #13
Reply Some commentary, Illisza (Guest), 02-Jun-04 03:16 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Some commentary, enihslum (Guest), 02-Jun-04 04:03 PM, #2
     Reply Balance and dance., Illisza (Guest), 02-Jun-04 05:43 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Some commentary, Zadatak (Guest), 02-Jun-04 04:32 PM, #3
     Reply I just have to say this, Allisza (Guest), 02-Jun-04 04:56 PM, #4
     Reply RE: I just have to say this, Illisza (Guest), 02-Jun-04 05:42 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Some commentary, Amaranthe, 02-Jun-04 05:05 PM, #5
     Reply Just a few things, Illisza (Guest), 02-Jun-04 06:13 PM, #8
     Reply and another one, another bites the dust, Evernstaine (Guest), 02-Jun-04 06:19 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Some commentary, Maresin (Guest), 02-Jun-04 06:24 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Some commentary, Lyristeon, 02-Jun-04 06:54 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Some commentary, Lemath (Guest), 02-Jun-04 07:20 PM, #12
     Reply So he'll never know., Felar Serpent (Guest), 03-Jun-04 05:05 AM, #14

Vonyx (Guest)Wed 02-Jun-04 08:22 PM

#27604, "Oh no."
In response to Reply #0

I had a bad feeling when I didn't see you around lately. I've been around but at different times. I've also been getting my ass beat like a red headed step child, so I know what you mean about getting tired of losing.
I had a real good time traveling with you. You always seemed to RP decently when I was around. In fact I was getting jelous that every ten minutes you were whisked away for some immteraction. Well a real shame to see you go, good luck with your next one. And remember never north on the bridge!

Illisza (Guest)Wed 02-Jun-04 03:16 PM

#27588, "Some commentary"
In response to Reply #0

Well, this was my first character I tried to RP with. Infact there were a lot of firsts for me with this character. First time I joined a cabal too. Also the first character I've gotten past level 38. I think I got the lowbie ranks down.. but hero range was a whole other ball game to me. It was kinda embarrasing to not know my way around areas that the hero ranges frequent. Or being asked to raid a cabal and you get lost trying to find it.

I did alright in the lowbie ranks, and if I found a one on one fight in the higher ranks I usually came out on top but did have a hard time sealing the kill. And group situations were way too spammy for me to even begin to know right away what to do, so those usually went poorly for me.

As far as RP goes.. I know I could have done better. Problem is I just don't like to RP that much. So, a few people may have saw me shine when I really felt like it, but most the time I just didn't feel like it. Thats one of the reasons I chose to play a girl character: to help me stay in character (not that I go ooc, it just feels like stock RP any other time.. like you know how everyone is supposed to talk so you just do that).

Oh yeah, I deleted because I wasn't having fun anymore. I guess getting your ass handed to you can only be fun for so long. So, I've been thinking about it for a couple days now and today I tried to hurl throat the captain to retrieve, but there was a lowbie spireling in there that gave me away.. so, yeah I think there was 5 or 6 characters on me in a few seconds. Fun.

Goodbyes and Thank yous:

Thanks to the immortals that gave me attention, it really saved me from deleting earlier. Also gave the character some much needed direction. I always felt I was way too good to be a dark-elf, and after those interactions I felt a little more sure of myself and what I should be doing. Also, sorry about the induction mistake.. a little misscommunication can really screw things up. Also, the storm giant mother thing was a lot of fun.

I liked all the outlanders...

I had the best of times with Vonyx, I dug your character a lot. Haven't seen you around lately though.

Kelara was fun to be around. I dig your RP a lot too.

Learned a lot with Blehtain.. that time in the bowels of the world with you and vonyx had me laughing.

Was always fun to explore with Evernstaine.

Tjok was cool to run around with, good RP. Same goes for Gharnok.

Zadatak I was just getting to know kind of. Seemed cool to me.

The newer characters all seem pretty trigger happy, which seems like a good thing. Keep it up.

Feels like I'm forgetting some. The rest I didn't really interact with all that much. Login times are pretty sparse. Was good to run around with you when we could though.

Other characters:

Kungkruk: Really wanted to interact with you more.. whenever we did, I was never really in RP mode, which was a shame.

Krithasi: You were a annoyance. You were around a lot whenever I didn't want you to be. I found that dagger specs were pretty potent against thieves with this character. Shame I didn't fight you more when I could entwine. Fight damned good though. Quick.

Lemath: We kind of chatted once. Well, tried to insult each other. Made me really look forward to more interaction with you, but it never happened. Was fun trying to raid/retrieve from you regardless.

Paladins in general: I was no match. And there are so many of you. I think I could do better if I knew more about preps/areas/everything. But, this round goes to you. When I was figuring out my combo when I first created.. I figured I could disable any class besides communers. I really didn't think I'd have to fight that many communers.

Thats about it. Any comments, opinions, and critisism is welcome. Helps me learn and all.

Thanks you imms for the well thought out fun game.

Balroth, Jahlial, Cynzin, and now Illisza.

enihslum (Guest)Wed 02-Jun-04 04:03 PM

#27589, "RE: Some commentary"
In response to Reply #1

trigger happy eh? I guess I can accept that. Anyways I had fun in my interview with you. I had fun seeing you online and I loved your title, Mistress of thorns, that was kick ass. Too bad yu got burned out and not bad for a first hero range char, remake and if you want to glean game knowledge make a healer. That will teach you real quick about lots of things. Just interested what were your legacies?

Illisza (Guest)Wed 02-Jun-04 05:43 PM

#27597, "Balance and dance."
In response to Reply #2

I wanted a legacy that would give me more staying power to land maledictions. So balance. Also helped in ranking and gathering eq.

Zadatak (Guest)Wed 02-Jun-04 04:32 PM

#27590, "RE: Some commentary"
In response to Reply #1

Glad to run with you. I'm pretty quiet but you were ok in my book. Wanted to hunt for preps next time we had nothing to do (I obviously don't know that many either), but, oh well.

And don't feel too bad about your char. Being the leader of a closely-watched cabal and getting a weapon is nothing to sneeze at.

See you in the fields.

Allisza (Guest)Wed 02-Jun-04 04:56 PM

#27592, "I just have to say this"
In response to Reply #1

I didn't interact with your warrior with this shifter, but I have to ask. Did you name your char. Illisza because you saw someone named Allisza? This really annoyed me to no end. If you didn't, that's cool. I actually did interact with your char though with my current, seemed pretty deadly. Good job, later.

Illisza (Guest)Wed 02-Jun-04 05:42 PM

#27596, "RE: I just have to say this"
In response to Reply #4

No, it was just a coincidence. Sorry, I'm sure that would be annoying. I was playing warcraft 3 when thinking up this character, and the night elf guy in that game is named illadem or something like that. I though a name with Ill in it would sound cool. So I made it girlish by adding isza.

AmarantheWed 02-Jun-04 05:05 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27593, "RE: Some commentary"
In response to Reply #1

While it doesn't surprise me too much that you didn't consider yourself the greatest roleplayer, it surprises me to hear you actually don't *like* roleplaying. I didn't think anyone who didn't like roleplaying would choose a dark-elf Outlander warrior, (especially someone who isn't a superstar in the pk area), but maybe that's just me.

I had a lot of mixed feelings about Illisza, because she was clearly very capable of roleplaying well, but really didn't most of the time. Whenever you put your mind to it, you roleplayed fine - well even. Though you lacked a role most of your career, your description stuck out as one with a solid Outlander dark-elf concept. I also saw you shine quite a few times, mostly through interactions, but occasionally with mortals as well. Occassionally. I was always disappointed that I rarely saw your real capacity to rp come out with most other mortals - but since I never saw you actually *break* character so to speak, I was keeping my fingers crossed that maybe I just happened to be watching you at "off" times. From what you're saying, I guess not. A lot of what I saw through random watching was lackluster - and not really "evil" enough for my liking (which is why you probably felt some -nudging- to be more evil through your interactions.

All in all though, a pretty solid character. If you want to avoid pressure to shine roleplaying wise in the future though, I'd advise choosing a less "pick me! pick me!" combination of race/class/cabal ;P

Illisza (Guest)Wed 02-Jun-04 06:13 PM

#27599, "Just a few things"
In response to Reply #5

Well, maybe me saying that I don't "like" roleplaying isn't exactly true. I do like it.. just not constantly I guess. Sometimes I like to be mindless and explore and get cool items or just PK. Maybe when I get more experience I'll get more adept at it.

I choose the character because I just thought it was a cool idea. I did want to shine. To see another facet of CF I hadn't yet experienced. Though, I did feel like a sham once I hit the higher ranks. I just figured if I didn't go for it I wouldn't learn.

Also, I like outlanders. I read a book shortly before it came in called The Culture of Make Believe. I learned a lot about indigenous peoples and such. So, I just felt closer to the outlander concept then any other cabal. Just seemed like it would be funner to play. And it was fun for a while. I just got jaded -mostly because of my own inexperience.

Thanks for the response.

Evernstaine (Guest)Wed 02-Jun-04 06:19 PM

#27600, "and another one, another bites the dust"
In response to Reply #1

Kekeke, at least you try to roleplay

I was fun running around with you, but my knowledge of most areas are limited as well, exploring alone as a warrior is a bad idea. I felt bad for not able to help more when you were around.

I was wondering how you liked your weapon specs? and what legacies you chose?
Drow warriors rock, my drow sword spec rocked, but fighting more than two people wielding mithril weapons spelled certain death.

Good luck with your next character.
It was nice to meet you.

Maresin (Guest)Wed 02-Jun-04 06:24 PM

#27601, "RE: Some commentary"
In response to Reply #1

Learning as a hero in the beginning is tough. If this was your first, you accomplished a lot. The trick to it is more in persistence and taking the beatings when they come and learning from it, and finding others to explore with you. Outlanders is a bit of a tough route for that because of the loner mentality for those of us who are evil. Next time, don't give up just because you keep getting the worst end, just look at it as a learning experience.

LyristeonWed 02-Jun-04 06:54 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27602, "RE: Some commentary"
In response to Reply #1

There were times I thought you were a good Nightreaver, and times that I thought we gave it to you through default. Knowing this was your first hero now, I have to admit, you did an excellent job considering.

That being said, playing a successful hero can take a lot of time. But, you have to put in the time. Deleting because you felt useless didn't help you. I can understand the frustration and losing the fun aspect, but if you turned your "fun-o-meter" towards learning, you would have gained more insight.

Keep trucking and good luck with the next.

Lemath (Guest)Wed 02-Jun-04 07:20 PM

#27603, "RE: Some commentary"
In response to Reply #1

I always looked forward to seein you on, it's really not obvious that you've not been in hero range before. Though we didn't get much iteraction we had some and it was intresting to say the least. I remember that talk and it wasn't really insults as much as it was 'smack' talkin back and forth.
"Oh, I did this, and you didn't do that!"
"Well whore, I did THIS, and you didn't do that so hah!"
Was fun and well done. Outlander still has a long way to go and new cabals always do. Back in the day Tribunal was first made it was really just a joke. Back in first days of the Tribunal I remember there was never a Vindicator or Justiciar and not even a Provost really, and seein a Provincial was so rare that you just had to laugh at it. But Outlander will get up there and it's no one's fault it's not yet. Well done leading because leading a new cabal really isn't easy and at times almost impossible. The first days are sorta setting policy and trying to figure things out that havn't already been figured out. Good char, try for another and just keep on kickin it till you got it all down, hell I know I'm still a kickin away.

Lemath

Felar Serpent (Guest)Thu 03-Jun-04 05:05 AM

#27607, "So he'll never know."
In response to Reply #1

' Problem is I just don't like to RP that much. So, a few people may have saw me shine when I really felt like it'

I will consider myself one of those 'lucky few'. Not too long ago we had a conversation about Drow warriors in Outlander shortly after the fight our characters had in the outlying villages. Illisza's responses to my character's accusations were straightforward and confident, and in my opinion they suited a Drow of your position very well. They certainly made me want to interact with you more.

At a certain point you told him that you'd show why there was no inherent conflict between serving Thar-Eris and being a darkfriend in the heart. I guess now he'll never know why Illisza was so very convinced of this exactly. It also means I'm going to miss out on some rather interesting interaction on the subject.

And that is unfortunate.

Arthakar

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27586 Previous topic | Next topic