Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Zefpha the Lady of the Apocalypse" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27076
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 12-May-04 11:57 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27076, "(AUTO) [None] Zefpha the Lady of the Apocalypse"

Tue May 11 14:11:20 2004

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Zefpha perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:anti-paladin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:122

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Random Guy (Guest)Wed 12-May-04 08:12 PM

#27107, "RE: (AUTO) [None] Zefpha the Lady of the Apocalypse"
In response to Reply #0

You always seemed to have a certain somebody at your side so I never got a one on one whack at you. Whatever happened to your character? Oh well, better luck with your next.

ValguarneraThu 13-May-04 02:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27134, "According to our records:"
In response to Reply #1

The staff took notice of the non-coincidental ubiquity of this certain someone at Zefpha's side, and put an end to it. Zefpha did not log in again after the permagroup was dissolved.

I point this out because:
1) If a rules violation does not end in the denial of a character, we tend to handle it quietly, so that the character has a clean chance to amend the problem and resume a normal existence.

2) The more vocal elements of the playerbase frequently misinterpret the effects of this policy, and proclaim that we do nothing to stop cheating. As someone who pulls a share of the enforcement load (*), I assure you that once cheating is detected or reported, investigations are conducted with surprising thoroughness and speed. It's actually a sign of the staff's professionalism that the honest subset of the playerbase is largely unaware of the majority of these events.

(*) Less so recently due to my decreased online time.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Random Guy (Guest)Thu 13-May-04 09:25 PM

#27146, "RE: According to our records:"
In response to Reply #2

Thank you for the clarification. I certainly did not mean to stir the kettle or kick up any mud on current characters (why I left the other party members' names out).

VladamirFri 14-May-04 05:11 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#27152, "Gotta agree with lich boy."
In response to Reply #2

I've noted imms about permas or cheating, and often times I get a note back within 24 hours saying "So and so was looked into" and usually with some sort of resolution. It's nice to know they look into this sort of thing, even if you don't always know EXACTLY what happened to them.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27076 Previous topic | Next topic