Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ceiglore the Baron of Meteors" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26368
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 15-Apr-04 08:00 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26368, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ceiglore the Baron of Meteors"

Thu Apr 15 19:58:40 2004

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Ceiglore perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:35
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:110

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Enjoyed our fights., Aidrickson (Guest), 16-Apr-04 09:22 AM, #6
Reply Minotaur Pitfalls, Ceiglore (Guest), 16-Apr-04 10:38 AM, #7
Reply Aww, Iborenn (Guest), 16-Apr-04 08:25 AM, #5
Reply hmm, Elijsie (Guest), 16-Apr-04 12:44 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ceiglore the Baron of Meteors, Ceiglore (Guest), 15-Apr-04 08:29 PM, #1
     Reply *grumble*, Janakt (Guest), 15-Apr-04 09:03 PM, #2
     Reply RE: *grumble*, Ceiglore (Guest), 15-Apr-04 09:31 PM, #3
     Reply Well now..., Glilanthis (Guest), 24-Apr-04 12:28 AM, #8

Aidrickson (Guest)Fri 16-Apr-04 09:22 AM

#26379, "Enjoyed our fights."
In response to Reply #0

Especially the one where you fell for the second oldest trick right after swearing that you would not fall for the oldest trick.

But, man it was hard to understand your speech.

Good luck.

Ceiglore (Guest)Fri 16-Apr-04 10:38 AM

#26381, "Minotaur Pitfalls"
In response to Reply #6

Yes, they were fun. And one on one fights are really the way to go. I'd never actuually been over to that portion of the sewers. Since you summoned me in, I didn't realize that was a watery area and therefore didn't take the seaweed I had in a sack out and eat it.

I kept sitting there thinking: "Did I miss a turn or something."

Worst part about being a minotaur was the speech. I couldn't even say 'Cat' without everyone wondering what the heck I was talking about. Made even attempting to speak to people frustrating because half the time I tried, I think they were just sitting at their keyboards just staring at the text and then replying:

'Whatever, I don't speak cow.'

I got that one a lot.

But the overall worst thing about being a minotaur was the lack of wimpy. Anyone that reads this: 'If you are bad at calculating lag, DO NOT TAKE A MINOTAUR.' I am, which led to a lot of my deaths since the second command I typed in usually wasn't flee. In cases where I'd be fighting a few people, (Jhasojin and Naz come to mind) they're lagging ability on me usually ended up whooping my butt, especially if they got the polearm out of my hands because the combination of tripping, throw, pincer usually was enough to do the job. With a high set wimpy, at least there's the miniscule chance that it will kick in and save you from that. As a minotaur, it was pretty rough knowing if you got lagged at about 50% health, unless the next thing you typed in was flee, you were going to be dead. Sometimes that wasn't even fast enough. I didn't have that problem with you, but the fatigue/plague usually got me in the end.

All in all, I did have fun with this character. You, I probably had the best fights against. I wasn't particularly deathful, but then again, I never really am with any characters I've played.

Iborenn (Guest)Fri 16-Apr-04 08:25 AM

#26378, "Aww"
In response to Reply #0

I was actually hoping to see you in hero range at some point
Though I couldn't imagine you actually trying to .. organize/rp/raid....
I couldn't understand a damn word you said 70% of the time.

Eh, sorry things went so badly for you this time,
Try again!

Elijsie (Guest)Fri 16-Apr-04 12:44 AM

#26372, "hmm"
In response to Reply #0

I liked you alot and from what I saw you did pretty we.. considering the spec/race thing :/ Now who is gonna be around to watch me take a beating ? Good luck with the next

Ceiglore (Guest)Thu 15-Apr-04 08:29 PM

#26369, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ceiglore the Baron of Meteors"
In response to Reply #0

Well: Shouldn't have taken polearm spec when it got right down to it. I didn't like the end result.

Distance: didn't work all that well, especially against groups of people who is pretty much who I fought a bunch of the time.

Entrap: I think this worked once in a PK. Against Aidrickson, but he was able to get his axe because I had to flee right away. I tried using it a bunch of times (Even the last one against a paladin. Didn't work.)

Chop: Worked pretty often.

Cutoff: I practiced this twice, taking it to 69%. Considering I was 35 when I deleted, I didn't have the skill all that long, but it was really one of the reasons I took the spec. I'd have been happy if it had worked once. Nope. Not once did this fire in all the fights I'd had since I practiced the skill. Not once.

Charge Set: Pretty happy with this overall, but practicing it was well nigh impossible.

Only the ramblings and observations of one person. Battle was pretty fun, but it ended up leaving a sour taste in my mouth a few days back when I was fighting...oh, six scions or something on two separate occasions. With the polearm skills, just wasn't having any fun, so....off you go to the trash heap.

Hasta

Janakt (Guest)Thu 15-Apr-04 09:03 PM

#26370, "*grumble*"
In response to Reply #1

Well, that's aggravating. You really should have stuck it out. You weren't that far from your second spec, and you could have picked an offensive spec. Having that combo works out really nice. But, oh well I guess. You did pretty decent from what I saw, but I guess it's over and done with now. Good luck with the next.

Ceiglore (Guest)Thu 15-Apr-04 09:31 PM

#26371, "RE: *grumble*"
In response to Reply #2

Yep. I've always thought when it's not fun, then it's not fun, why make it a grind?

Thanks for the interview by the way.

Glilanthis (Guest)Sat 24-Apr-04 12:28 AM

#26492, "Well now..."
In response to Reply #1

I really wanted to go more into that whole
shifters/mosters thing.
While once in a while I get lost by what a mino
says I do my best. It just takes a little time is all.

I kept trying to talk to you that day, but you had
already logged out. I figured that it was almost
as bad as being in form with people not understanding what
you said, so I gave a shot at conversation.

I had thought about trying to go with a pole spec mino
(if i ever got a chance to make one)
And after hearing your thoughts on it, I'll still have
to see for myself, but that day just got pushed back
some so I'll play with something else with the first
one I manage to roll.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26368 Previous topic | Next topic