Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22160
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 05-Nov-03 03:14 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22160, "(DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord"

Tue Nov 4 15:20:53 2003

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Zivular perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:165

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord, Zivular (Guest), 04-Nov-03 04:59 PM, #1
     Reply Too bad..., Juktar (Guest), 04-Nov-03 05:29 PM, #2
     Reply You don't do it? Remember Arial City?, Foslin (Guest), 04-Nov-03 05:37 PM, #3
          Reply well, the way I feel about it, Daurwyn (Guest), 04-Nov-03 06:27 PM, #7
          Reply Re: Foslin., Tykrul (Guest), 05-Nov-03 12:37 AM, #19
               Reply You have no idea what you are talking about., Foslin (Guest), 05-Nov-03 12:37 AM, #17
     Reply Scion Interviews are difficult, even for me., Foslin (Guest), 04-Nov-03 05:41 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Scion Interviews are difficult, even for me., Zivular (Guest), 04-Nov-03 05:49 PM, #5
     Reply re the new charge system, Daurwyn (Guest), 04-Nov-03 06:25 PM, #6
     Reply RE: re the new charge system, Zivular (Guest), 04-Nov-03 06:40 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord, Zulghinlour, 04-Nov-03 07:36 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord, Zivular (Guest), 04-Nov-03 07:44 PM, #10
          Reply As an aside.., Zivular (Guest), 04-Nov-03 07:57 PM, #12
               Reply You're forgetting..., Brotmin, 04-Nov-03 08:07 PM, #15
               Reply If that's the case, damn I need to quit drinkin. n/t, Zivular (Guest), 04-Nov-03 08:09 PM, #16
               Reply Whoops, you're right...Mathematics is part of the axis ..., Zulghinlour, 05-Nov-03 01:53 AM, #18
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord, Alierl (Guest), 04-Nov-03 07:45 PM, #11
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord, Gerferas (Guest), 04-Nov-03 08:02 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord, Zivular (Guest), 04-Nov-03 08:04 PM, #14
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord, Baielko (Guest), 06-Nov-03 11:58 AM, #20
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord, Zivular (Guest), 07-Nov-03 12:59 PM, #21

Zivular (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 04:59 PM

#22161, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord"
In response to Reply #0

Well, what to say. I got ganked and lost my sweet set and decided to just delete. This was basically a char just for fun with no role or real direction other than to get some charges.

I got titled for level sitting at 40 which was ok because I did sit there for a little bit, but not nearly as long as a lot of others. Having mob deaths with less than 5k to rank 5 different times helped a lot. Hit 41 and once again took a mob death right before I hit 42. Damn teleport. Then my range thinned out with hardly anyone to rank with. I did try believe it or not.

The new charge system blows IMHO. If the imms wanna call #### on me let em. I know I had over 30 charges and no fire control. I killed considerably more people than I had charges. Only two people gave me more than one charge, with most not giving me anything. I had one stretch where I think I got 4 charges out of 12 kills. I actually avoided fighting anyone before hittin 36 so I could have a ####ty ratio/kill count and thus test to see if charges depended on it. Well I did end up killin 2 people before 36 so I kinda screwed the ratio thing.

I died 4 times to pk total, but only the last one bothered me which is partly why I deleted. I knew I wasn't going anywhere with this char so there was no real motivation. Plus as always I was stripped naked. I never once full looted anyone, and usually I took nothing besides the coins and maybe a potion or two.

I'm guessin my pk ratio was somewhere between 85-95% because I never kept an accurate kill count nor did I log anything. To the villager(s) and maran who ganged me near the Inn, nice job I ####in hate poisoner thieves. Villager(s) that was pathetic, I know you were just pissed I killed you solo at the village while retreiving the scepter so you decided to gang me. Nice to know the village leadership didn't seem to care too much either.

Well, I'm out for a little bit. I have a lot of things swimming thru my head right now and I can't decide what to play next. See you in the fields.

Jafel

Juktar (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 05:29 PM

#22162, "Too bad..."
In response to Reply #1

Looks like another good a-p bites the dust.

"Nice to know the village leadership didn't seem to care too much either."

That's an unfair statement. We kill magi, and while some (most!) prefer to do it on even terms to test themselves and their courage, others are so consumed with rage for magi they lose control. While Juktar wouldn't have done it that way, he doesn't crucify those that do, unless they have repeatedly shown cowardice. Sorry I didn't make that clear in game.

Luck with the next.

Foslin (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 05:37 PM

#22163, "You don't do it? Remember Arial City?"
In response to Reply #2

From what it sounds like, this was exactly what was tried on me. Poisoner sleeps me, he calls in you and both you and the thief attack me at the same time while I'm alone (and without servants, thanks to mind control nofollow "bug"). Remember the thief knifing and you trying to bash me instantly after?

Honestly, it does seem like the cabal leadership doesn't care about this, and, I hate to say it, its a pretty fair statement from most of my interactions with villagers, except for Zhelrantix and Slathigern.

I was in the village just a short time back and people were constantly removed for it. I don't know what changed, and if you can tell me, please do. Thanks.

Daurwyn (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 06:27 PM

#22168, "well, the way I feel about it"
In response to Reply #3

I don't mind someone doing it so much if they also fight alone, which Juktar does.

I do mind being ganked if that person is incapable of killing without ganking.

If I was a village leader, I'd boot the guy who only gangs (perhaps, depends on what kind of villager he is), and keep the one who ganks at times but has shown he doesn't need to.

Tykrul (Guest)Wed 05-Nov-03 03:14 AM

#22174, "Re: Foslin."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Wed 05-Nov-03 12:37 AM

You all came to raid an we won (like normal) then you run to Arail city an you think the raid is off? Hell no, you stirred the hornet nest, deal with it. We don't play by Foslin's rules. I could have came up there as well, but I didn't. The raid rules for battle do not start an stop when you say so. You don't want to die, or fight, don't send a gaunt. I recall me coming back from a gear run an you sitting in the ruins trying to get back the Scepter, you failed to do so, an they caught up with you on your escape, either run further an faster, or die. You chose the latter.

Foslin (Guest)Wed 05-Nov-03 12:34 AM

#22180, "You have no idea what you are talking about."
In response to Reply #19
Edited on Wed 05-Nov-03 12:37 AM

I nightgaunted the poison thief during a time when there was no raiding going on. I did not raid before after the nightgaunting, there was nothing going on, just me deciding to nightgaunt the thief.

As for the situation, you were not there, I was. I got slept by the poison thief, he called in buddies, and they all came up to gang me, including Juktar, who said that he never does this kind of crap, which is a lie.

As for this "raid situation", you are telling me that a raid situation takes you all the way to arial city? And I was sitting in arial city for a good 10 hours prepping and gathering things there that I wanted. So suddenly its a raid situation whenever and where ever you want?

Induct You None

And let the real ragers like Zhelrantix not get tainted by this utterly poor excuse for your poor roleplaying.

Foslin (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 05:41 PM

#22164, "Scion Interviews are difficult, even for me."
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed how you answered the questions. It was very... fire giantish, which I liked. Pretty good with the dumb, fire giant role. Your note I forced you to write I found quite entertaining, thanks. All in all you were a good anti-paladin. The level sitting stuff is expected for an anti paladin for a long time, but I believe I inducted you at level 40, and you only made it to level 42 by the time you deleted right? Thats almost a month and a half isn't it? Oh well. Good luck with your next one.

And remember, team evil needs your help!

Zivular (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 05:49 PM

#22165, "RE: Scion Interviews are difficult, even for me."
In response to Reply #4

Glad you enjoyed him, but I think you inducted me before 40. Also, I didn't sit at 36 for very long like most people either. I did sit there for awhile, but like I said.. nowhere near the time other people did. Besides, after gettin the title I almost wanted to stay there because I liked it.

Zivular the Victor of Minor Battles

Daurwyn (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 06:25 PM

#22167, "re the new charge system"
In response to Reply #1

I thought the new charge system was ok. Once I knew who was worth a lot of charges, I'd hunt them over other people. One guy worth 4 charges on average I got 5 times (I think), though once I didn't get the charges because of bad luck.

So yeah, while you sometimes won't get any charges (eg don't bother with heralds much), you can up your charge ratio if you go for the big fish. I quite like that.

And yeah, I said all along that I had to get more than 30 charges to get my control. It was 35 in pk for me to get fire control. I think that's ok, because you really do get a jump in power when that first control kicks in.

I think I got about 4 two'rs and one 3'er too.

Zivular (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 06:40 PM

#22169, "RE: re the new charge system"
In response to Reply #6

Here's my take on the charge system and a suggestion. I think basing it on the kill count of someone is ok. I think basing it on the ration is ok. I imagine right now it's based on both. However, I think it could be improved to include the difficulty of the opponent you are fighting. I know it would be a coding disaster that even I wouldn't want to attempt.

Perhaps a simple solution to give each race/class/cabal a number value to show their difficulty in respect to the ap's race. I know at 41 fighting a 48 cloud giant axe spec rager and getting no charge just blows when I can get one from a 37 elf tranny with no kills. The elf is infinitely easier to kill yet gives a greater reward. Haljunei was a tough kill, and without voker shields I would have died. Yet I got nothing. This was common place among some of the tougher people I fought. I killed Mauchelle a few times, 0 charges. She was a difficult target for me considering her specs/race/cabal etc. And as for the people who gave me two charges, one I never saw again, and the other when I killed him again I got 0.

If one of the imms would show my kill/charge ratio I would like to see it. I can almost guarantee it was less than 1-to-1.

ZulghinlourTue 04-Nov-03 07:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22171, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 04-Nov-03 07:36 PM

>The new charge system blows IMHO. If the imms wanna call ####
>on me let em. I know I had over 30 charges and no fire
>control.

That'll be me then. Actually you had 30 charges gained in combat, and that is why you don't have a fire control.

>I killed considerably more people than I had charges.

You killed 39 people. You got 30 charges. Of the 9 people who gave you no charges the RNG screwed you once. The rest of those people were close to worthless.

>Only two people gave me more than one charge, with most not
>giving me anything.

Correct, you got 2 charges twice.

>I had one stretch where I think I got 4
>charges out of 12 kills.

You had two strings of 3 chargeless kills. The closest thing you had was 3 charges out of 10 kills.

Looks like the system is working exactly how we had hoped. Hanging around level 36-40 to build up charges isn't nearly as easy as building up charges in the 47-51 range, 'nuff said.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Zivular (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 07:44 PM

#22172, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord"
In response to Reply #9

Thanks for the info Zulg, but I swear my math had my charges around 34-35. Iron grip control comes at 20 right? I counted at least 14 after that. If I remember correctly I had a 9 charge axe, a 13 charge, one 6, and one 7 charge axe.

Zivular (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 07:57 PM

#22175, "As an aside.."
In response to Reply #10

What you said cannot be true. If I killed 39 people and I got 30 charges and two of those gave me two charges then 11 people didn't give me a charge. Not 9. I think something is screwed up, and now I wish I had logged every kill. I know I kept an accurate charge count.

BrotminTue 04-Nov-03 08:07 PM
48 posts
#22178, "You're forgetting..."
In response to Reply #12

You said yourself, you killed two people before 36th. Zulg probly wasn't counting these in the 9 he said didn't give charges, since they *couldn't* give charges.

Zivular (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 08:09 PM

#22179, "If that's the case, damn I need to quit drinkin. n/t"
In response to Reply #15

n/t

ZulghinlourWed 05-Nov-03 01:53 AM
9792 posts
#22187, "Whoops, you're right...Mathematics is part of the axis ..."
In response to Reply #12

>What you said cannot be true. If I killed 39 people and I got
>30 charges and two of those gave me two charges then 11 people
>didn't give me a charge. Not 9. I think something is screwed
>up, and now I wish I had logged every kill. I know I kept an
>accurate charge count.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Alierl (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 07:45 PM

#22173, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord"
In response to Reply #1

eh...
well thieves are really powerful
overpowered even I guess

its so damn sucks not being able to see
hidden... even if you can see it sucks
if you're not a thief I think

its so easy for a thief to jack you and to
call a gop on you...

well I really try not to gang anyone but
they came when I knocked you out in de forest
and I just feeled like calling them after I
knocked you at the Inn that unfaithful
day *sigh* shame on me

good luck with the next char man

Gerferas (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 08:02 PM

#22176, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord"
In response to Reply #1

You were the only one that I probably ever had good luck against with my disruption spells, and I don't know whether it was just that you were a few ranks younger, or just that you were a fire giant. All I knew is that when I hit you with neuro and organ and you started throwing up and dropping things, I was really rather impressed with the new system. You didn't drop your unholy there did you?

Zivular (Guest)Tue 04-Nov-03 08:04 PM

#22177, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord"
In response to Reply #13

Yes, I dropped my iron griped unholy and Nancheun picked it up. I did get it back quickly tho. Ya, that was my first experience with the new disrupt organ stuff, it sucked. Same as emetic poison just doesn't last 48 hours. *mutter*

Baielko (Guest)Thu 06-Nov-03 11:58 AM

#22214, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord"
In response to Reply #1

I killed you once (I guess you could said I acounted for 25% of your deaths then?), and I didn't take much, I don't even think I got your charged axe. We had some good fights, good job

Zivular (Guest)Fri 07-Nov-03 12:59 PM

#22236, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Zivular the Evil Lord"
In response to Reply #20

No you didn't take much, but all your buddies did. There were three other villagers in there who decided to take everything. Yes, they did take and sac my unholy.

That death pissed me off to so much I almost deleted. I had you convulsing, and I had 600 hp left. 2 rounds and I died. If I would have used a nightwalker you would have died. Unfortunately you attacked within like 2 minutes of me getting inducted so I hadn't even checked to see what my powers were. This was my first scion since the change in powers.

Good job tho, we did have some good fights.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22160 Previous topic | Next topic