Subject: "Llauriele, Herald of Talia" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21295
Show all folders

Zanya (Guest)Fri 19-Sep-03 11:11 PM

#21295, "Llauriele, Herald of Talia"

Well with the new coding on hero deletions, I don;t know when my actual gravestone will post here if ever since I won;t be reactivating. So this will have to do for now.

This was one of my first characters since I came back to CF after one of my extended breaks, and will be my last (at least for another few years). Not that I did not enjoy it, or this game, because I enjoyed both very much. Just a little too much. I had taken to spending every second of my free time on the game like I used to do back in college. But I'm not in college anymore and I need to focus on other things. My real life has lost momentum.

Anyway, I began Llauriele after I played a few other characters up through their lower levels and realized that I didn;t really know what I was doing or where anything was anymore. It had, after all, been over two years since the last time I played. So I figured I would go with a character I knew has some exploration potential and which I could easily fall into the role. Since I had played an elven healer in the past and did quite well, I rolled one up. My intent was to join Sylvan and be a Bria follower... in other words, Zanya the sequel (to those who have long memories). But then, at level 9 some immortal decided to give me a chance to do something else entirely with this character. I wasn;t the only one who heard the voice, I know, but I guess I was the only one who really tried to figure it out or something. Anyway, I was lucky and unlucky at the same time. Lucky because this was so fun and interesting throughout the character's existence, and unlucky because it was horribly, hopelessly, addicting.

Throughout most of Llauriele's life, she has been getting more imm interaction than I could ever have hoped for or imagined possible. I almost felt guilty for it. I tried to keep things interesting for the imm or imms who played Talia and the other interesting characters I spoke with. Hopefully I succeeded.

I apologize to anyone who this deletion will harm RP or storywise. I had intended to play this character unto age death, since that would be a first for me, but it just isn't to be. Real life concerns as well as horrible connection issues have finally made me realize that I need to move back, walk away, and get moving again.

Enough of that, on to goodbyes! I had a lot of things I imagined myself saying in my goodbye messages, but a lot of it still can;t be said because of the presumably ongoing plot. But I'll do my best.

+++++ TALIA +++++

You get your own section. Thank you a million times over for all the interaction and fun with this character. I hope I kept your interest as well as you kept mine. I don;t know if leaving me with the meteor swarm skill after the demon possession was a mistake or done purposely, but it added a fun twist to my life as Llauriele (and I can still brag that I got a quest skill if I should ever care to). And I didn't even use it to PK anyone! How's that for self-control? I was a bit disappointed when the interaction tapered off and then petered out altogether for this last month. Since Llauriele's whole life was based upon her religion and she wasn;t really even allowed to get mixed up in cabal wars, life got pretty boring without Talia around. I promise that isn;t the reason I deleted though. I knew you'd be back. I'm sorry if I messed up anything you had planned. And I'm sorry for my lousy typing skills. I have to have long nails for work, and it's murder on my typing. Take care of Miphon for me.

+++++ BEST FRIENDS +++++

Ocelevan- I imagine this will take you by surprise probably more than anyone since I spoke to you of possibly immorting. I must admit that, though this desire was in character and, as such, unavoidable (since she loved you and wanted to be with you forever), I as a player never wanted to be immortal. I never have and never will. But, I do wish we could have been married before the end at least. We had a strange relationship, to say the least. You were one of the most interesting characters I have ever met in this game through the many years I have been involved.

Ariaera- Though I strongly doubt you read this forum (since I'm pretty sure I know who your last character was), I will leave you a goodbye as well. Good job with the evolution of this character, I was afraid you would try to emulate Llauriele forever. And thank you for the interaction there at the end. I had fun, I hope you did too! I wish I could have seen the reaction after I actually deleted. I do hope it gave the right echo. I'd hate to think people just thought I quit out after plunging a dagger into my heart. hm...

Benvale- Though I saw little of you after I heroed, you were one of my best friends throughout my ranking process. You were fun to be with, even if your riddles were kind of easy.

Gwyythinniel- Now who are you going to get to cure the rot? You were fun on the few occasions we actually got to spend together. Take care of your old voice.

Javaco and Aldarri- I know Aldarri won't be able to read this, but I had fun with you two on your zany adventures. There were times like I felt I was turning into your personal archon, but most of thime it was pretty cool.

+++++ Enemies +++++

Um.... oh. I didn't have any.

+++++ Everyone else +++++

You can't imagine how many people I spoke to every day, and I can;t really remember most of the names right off the top of my head. So please reply to this post and I will try to write you back.

Well, that's it from me. I didn't log anything, not even my role (which was huge and extensive), so I won;t offer to post it. As far as I'm concerned, CF should be like theatre, existing only in the moment. I hope my moment left an impression. Goodbye!

Cynthia (Llauriele, Zanya, Mystrel, Pitti, Cassanna, etc.)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Hi Llauriele, Meladori, 24-Sep-03 05:52 PM, #45
Reply RE: Hi Llauriele, Llauriele (Guest), 24-Sep-03 10:59 PM, #46
Reply RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia, Isildur, 22-Sep-03 09:02 PM, #38
Reply Hehehe, Llauriele (Guest), 23-Sep-03 12:31 AM, #40
Reply RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia, Talia, 21-Sep-03 10:39 PM, #35
Reply Thank you!, Llauriele (Guest), 22-Sep-03 01:29 AM, #36
Reply Talia, Observer (Guest), 22-Sep-03 07:04 PM, #37
Reply RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia, Javaco (Guest), 21-Sep-03 09:42 AM, #32
Reply Yup, Llauriele (Guest), 21-Sep-03 02:24 PM, #33
     Reply RE: Yup, nepenthe, 21-Sep-03 08:07 PM, #34
Reply All I have to say.., Lorthieral (Guest), 20-Sep-03 07:35 PM, #30
Reply Ah yes, another I forgot to mention, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 08:09 PM, #31
Reply RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia, Straklaw, 20-Sep-03 04:52 PM, #26
Reply Orcs?, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 05:42 PM, #28
Reply thanks, Kertaki (Guest), 20-Sep-03 11:13 AM, #19
Reply No worries, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 03:07 PM, #25
Reply Wow..., Illademn (Guest), 20-Sep-03 10:00 AM, #18
Reply Another person I forgot to mention!, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 02:53 PM, #24
Reply A pity.., Gwy (Guest), 20-Sep-03 09:27 AM, #17
Reply The bard with the hard name, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 02:48 PM, #23
Reply RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia, HappyORB (Guest), 20-Sep-03 05:13 AM, #14
Reply Long nails, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 02:43 PM, #22
Reply What?!, Benvale (Guest), 20-Sep-03 02:36 AM, #11
Reply RE: What?!, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 02:41 PM, #21
Reply RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 20-Sep-03 01:35 AM, #8
Reply Amazing, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 02:16 AM, #10
Reply So let me get this..., Ocelevan (Guest), 20-Sep-03 03:21 AM, #12
     Reply RE: So let me get this..., Jhyrb (Guest), 20-Sep-03 05:14 AM, #15
     Reply Uh oh. Jhyrb's possessed by Vlad. (n/t), Valguarnera, 20-Sep-03 12:48 PM, #20
          Reply Heh., Jhyrb (Guest), 20-Sep-03 05:13 PM, #27
          Reply Your NT was a fib, and your post was NOT very huggy!, Vladamir, 20-Sep-03 05:55 PM, #29
     Reply RE: So let me get this..., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 20-Sep-03 07:53 AM, #16
Reply Darn, Lariya (Guest), 20-Sep-03 12:58 AM, #7
Reply Ocelevan's other "old hag", Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 01:40 AM, #9
Reply Talk about big suprises, Ocelevan (Guest), 20-Sep-03 12:06 AM, #5
Reply Goodbye, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 12:27 AM, #6
Reply you little gnome buddy, natherin (Guest), 19-Sep-03 11:44 PM, #3
Reply Natherin!, Llauriele (Guest), 20-Sep-03 12:01 AM, #4
Reply If it makes you feel any better, I was trying to get ev..., Urden_X (Guest), 19-Sep-03 11:28 PM, #1
     Reply Wow, Llauriele (Guest), 19-Sep-03 11:40 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Wow, Jhyrb (Guest), 20-Sep-03 04:55 AM, #13
               Reply Smash the glasses., Niv (Guest), 22-Sep-03 11:19 PM, #39
                    Reply RE: Smash the glasses., Jhyrb (Guest), 23-Sep-03 04:39 AM, #41
                         Reply Smash the glasses anyway., Nivek1, 23-Sep-03 01:40 PM, #42
                         Reply Are you sure?, Talia, 23-Sep-03 02:27 PM, #43
                              Reply RE: Are you sure?, Jhyrb (Guest), 24-Sep-03 05:10 PM, #44

MeladoriWed 24-Sep-03 05:52 PM
Member since 30th Aug 2003
42 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21414, "Hi Llauriele"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I'm sure you had lots of fun with that character, huh? Meladori liked Llauriele a lot, she seemed really innocent. Talia scared her a bit, but she was very fond of Llauriele. It must be kind of nice having your own immortal! Personally, I liked the character, I like to think of Elves as being kind instead of stuck up. Llauriele was so polite and sweet, I couldn't resist getting entangled a bit in the whole Talia thing, that's all I'll say though. Well, it's too bad you couldn't ride the character to the end, I'm sure things would have heated up. Are you ever making a new character? Or is this it for you? Carrion Fields does get addicting, doesn't it? Almost as addicting as trouble.

Some people wake up every day thinking the world is going to make sense. How fun would that be anyway?

Llauriele (Guest)Wed 24-Sep-03 10:59 PM

#21426, "RE: Hi Llauriele"
In response to Reply #45

I had a ton of fun with this character most of the time. It was a bit like being a cabal leader sometimes, in that I spent a lot of time repeating the same things over and over to a lot of people. And I got to listen to a lot of really thin background stories. But overall, almost every interaction was a joy. And due to the particulars of Llauriele's character, I got to change things up quite a bit if I felt like it. It was great!

I most likely won;t be making a new character since the reason I deleted this one was to get away from my CF addiction and concentrate of real life for a while. Making a new character even with the intent of only playing her a few hours a week would be courting disaster again. And actually, since deleting Llauriele, I haven;t had an overwhelming desire to make a new one anyway. One of the things about having such a cool character (as I'm sure you well know, since Meladori was as cool as they come) is it is kind of hard to want to start again.

Anyway, I loved my interaction with you as Llauriele, and I totally agree with what you say about the characterization of elves. I always got the feeling that Llauriele and Meladori could have been good friends if I wasn't always just trying to pry information about the Coven from you. I hope your next character is as fun for you as the last was.

IsildurMon 22-Sep-03 09:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21367, "RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia"
In response to Reply #0

I interacted with Llauriele as Edeana, then with Pitti as my current char. You're fun. I tried to help out by taking you to get some gear- hopefully it didn't seem like I was doing it just so you'd reciprocate later.

Hope real life gets back on track.

btw, I was *sure* I would win that bet. So much for my theory on how familiars are determined.

Llauriele (Guest)Tue 23-Sep-03 12:31 AM

#21370, "Hehehe"
In response to Reply #38

That was fun, one of the few fun times I had with Pitti unfortunately. Perhaps my obsession with elves was the start of my downfall, but I think I had other, deeper, problems. I guess I should never expect my first real attempt at a class the be a success, but in the end it doesn't matter much anyway. Thanks for the fun though!

TaliaSun 21-Sep-03 10:39 PM
Member since 23rd Jun 2003
4 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21357, "RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia"
In response to Reply #0

>only one who heard the voice, I know, but I guess I was the
>only one who really tried to figure it out or something.

That's pretty much it.

>Anyway, I was lucky and unlucky at the same time. Lucky
>because this was so fun and interesting throughout the
>character's existence, and unlucky because it was horribly,
>hopelessly, addicting.

I decided to pick someone at random and start a quest that would make for the ride of a lifetime. And you were a blast to interact with! I was glad you kept a role going so I could be sure of what was going on in your head while the story moved forward (and I knew when you immediately used the shovel correctly that we could have some fun). You continued to surprise me as we went along, but that kept me on my toes and kept it fun for me too.

>use it to PK anyone! How's that for self-control? I was a
>bit disappointed when the interaction tapered off and then
>petered out altogether for this last month.

I apologize for that. I've started getting more and more involved in sort of volunteer work and I found myself faced with a dilemma. Do I spend my time helping people IRL or playing a fantasy game? Telling stories is fun, and getting people involved in those stories is fun, but... do you see where I'm going? So I ended up taking a step back and some time away from it. If telling this story just ended up in you getting addicted to it and neglecting RL stuff, then that really makes me wonder if I should continue at all.

It was fun though, wasn't it?

Llauriele (Guest)Mon 22-Sep-03 01:29 AM

#21358, "Thank you!"
In response to Reply #35

Yes it was fun, more fun that I imagined I would have playing CF. I basically came back to kill a little of my free time while I waited for a few leads to play out in my carreer, and ended up with a character I really did not want to say goodbye to. I have no regrets at all, I just had to leave when I did. I was going to work into it a little less abruptly, since I wanted you to be a part of my final moments, but oh well. Ariaera at least got to be part of that particular wierdness.

I would understand if you decided not to go forward with the story now, but then I am not playing anymore. I know I am not the only one on the edge of their seats about this story line.

Anyway, thank you, thank you, and thank you again for all of the time you spent with me and others making this game fun. I often hoped I was not boring you, since I have no problem sitting in one room for two hours talking to someone in character. And I'll never forget how fun it was trying to translate all of the lines of text coming at me way too quicky with the help of three different internet translation sites while still trying to type enough myself so you knew I was still listening.

I'm rambling. Thanks again, I will miss it. Take care of yourself, IC and especially OOC.

Cynthia

Observer (Guest)Mon 22-Sep-03 07:04 PM

#21365, "Talia"
In response to Reply #35

Ive interacted with Talia with a couple of charactors and you are making the game fun. Keep it up Talia...real cool stuff.

Javaco (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-03 09:42 AM

#21345, "RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia"
In response to Reply #0

Well here goes one more of the last of my friends. The one real memory I have of you is when I first met ya and you were crying in the Inn because you were I guess RP wise forced into being a Herald or something I wasnt sure all I remember is that you were crying.

Llauriele (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-03 02:24 PM

#21346, "Yup"
In response to Reply #32

The more I hear about what people thought about this character now that she is gone, the more I realize that even though I was roleplaying all the time, most people didn't know what the hell was going on with her. And a great percentage didn;t care either. I would be very curious to hear if any of the immortal staff at least appreciated what I was trying to do. Oh well.

nepentheSun 21-Sep-03 08:07 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21351, "RE: Yup"
In response to Reply #33

> I would be very curious to hear if any of
>the immortal staff at least appreciated what I was trying to
>do. Oh well.

Everything I heard secondhand was favorable, for what it's worth.

Lorthieral (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 07:35 PM

#21338, "All I have to say.."
In response to Reply #0

Excellent job. Had the heart of a tiger, and the spirit of a... well.. you get it. Awesome job, may your next be even better!

Lorth

Llauriele (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 08:09 PM

#21339, "Ah yes, another I forgot to mention"
In response to Reply #30

Lorthieral, you were always fun talk to. I loved our near arguments about good and evil. Llauriele considered you like a sister. I'm sorry I didn;t have a lot of time to spend with you the last little while. Oh well. Have fun!

StraklawSat 20-Sep-03 04:52 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#21332, "RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia"
In response to Reply #0

> +++++ Enemies +++++
>
> Um.... oh. I didn't have any.

Mwahaha! If only you knew. I actually spent a good deal of time trying to convince people to kill you. Unfortunately, you seemed to have too many allies, and I never managed to convince anyone to. But in the end, the Orcish Clans were victorious! One more elf has perished, thanks soley to our tenacious pursuit, and awesome might. First one elf, then then world!

Llauriele (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 05:42 PM

#21334, "Orcs?"
In response to Reply #26

Yes, the might and subtlety of the orcish clans is great indeed! They managed to defeat me without ever once attacking me. Hehe!

Kertaki (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 11:13 AM

#21323, "thanks"
In response to Reply #0

I really feel bad I never got around to ranking up to hero to help you out (though as you said you didnt have many enemies anyway)

I just feel bad cause I always meant to talk/help/whatever with you and all that ever ended up happening was "fight imperials for hours" then I end up exploring or teleport from a fight and get stuck in a noexit room or something and I ask you if you could help me get out.

I just really hate being "that whiny guy that keeps getting his sorry excuse for an ass stuck".

Other than that, I was convinced by Ocelevan to become a mercenary for Talia but at that point I had little to no con left and Talia never contacted me (probably because I didn't have stellar RP or something) ah well just rambling about irrelevant things now. very nice job in my opinion and don't worry. Romanul just enjoys ruinning peoples days *wink Romanul*

-Quid

Llauriele (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 03:07 PM

#21331, "No worries"
In response to Reply #19

I doubt you not being contacted had anything to do with your RP. Likely the immortal who is playing Talia just didn;t have time. I don;t know who the immortal is, but they seem to have an aweful lot on their plate. I feel pretty bad about making that worse by leaving, but what's done is done and was necessary.

I never minded getting you or anyone else unstuck from those noexit rooms. Par for the course as a healer. I always thought it would be fun to play a neutral or evil healer to charge people for getting them out of those places, but then you would have to quest for the sanctify room suplication. There's an idea for someone.

As to Romanul, it isn;t just him. There seem to be a lot more people like him who play this game than there used to be. Maybe I'm just older and can;t grasp the prepubescent mentality of these people, who knows. But I can't imagine why they would play a textbased roleplaying game if they truly believe even a quarter of the things they say. Really people, buy an Xbox or something. Anyway, if I ever come back to this game, I really hope there will be more actual roleplayers and little less flacid posturing.

Illademn (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 10:00 AM

#21322, "Wow..."
In response to Reply #0

You've been one of the permanent fixtures in Illademn's life. It seemed like you got titled and a quarter of the MUD became a "Mercenary of Talia" over the span of a week. It's been really fun to watch the progression, and from what I've seen, you did a stellar job.

On a bit more personal note, I'd like to express gratitude for your patience. You never seemed to get tired of showing me around, helping me get that certain staff, or saving me from my own idiocy. Thanks.

Illademn

Llauriele (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 02:53 PM

#21330, "Another person I forgot to mention!"
In response to Reply #18

Illademn, of course! I was hoping to turn you into a mercenery some day, but not just for the sake of it, but because you were always fun to go places with. I think you showed me around just as much as I showed you. Come to think of it, I don;t really even know much about Illademn's role, I always just enjoyed your company. Even if it involved talking to a sleeping ram.

Gwy (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 09:27 AM

#21320, "A pity.."
In response to Reply #0

I'm really sorry you had to go.. in the very beginning it looked as if we would be spending a lot time together, but then a) my playing hours changed somewhat, and b) you didn't show up regularly anymore .. really a pity, because it clicked.. Ah well.. I hope to see you around, if not, good luck with whatever you're planning..

Gwyythinniel

Llauriele (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 02:48 PM

#21329, "The bard with the hard name"
In response to Reply #17

Actually I got really good at typing your name after a while. I wanted to hang out with you more since you really seemed to know where everything was, and one of the main purposes behind Llauriele's creation was to explore and learn things. But I always had a hard time with any of you Fortress members since you always had to run off for a raid or defence, and I wasn;t permitted to take an active part. I thought you were pretty fun though. Sorry I flubbed the only raid I ever did go on with you.

HappyORB (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 05:13 AM

#21315, "RE: Llauriele, Herald of Talia"
In response to Reply #0

You need long nails for work? Dare I ask why?

Llauriele (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 02:43 PM

#21328, "Long nails"
In response to Reply #14

I'm a model and trying to get into acting. Press-on nails look totally fake, so I get to live with my real ones.

Benvale (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 02:36 AM

#21308, "What?!"
In response to Reply #0

Aww, and I was hoping that you'd stay until I could play more... I can't play much these days, that's why I wasn't around much after you hero'd.

Is it your RP to be awfully nice to everyone?.. I mean, so many times you're either being someone's "personal archon" (you got that from my conjurations didn't you =P), or helping gear-crazy freaks get equipment?... I think the most impatient I've ever heard you get was when you said something along the lines of "Didn't your mother tell you that beggars can't choose?" when we were helping Yuriel regear. Can't blame you though, but other times you're all sugar and sunshine =).

The trip to Aran'gird was nice, though you got dented (sorry about that!).. wish you stuck around so we could go and see more places.

And rest assured your moment did leave a great impression..

Anyway, bye-bye and good luck with your next character,.. is it going to be another healer next time?

Llauriele (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 02:41 PM

#21327, "RE: What?!"
In response to Reply #11

Yes it was my RP to be not only as nice as humanly possible, but several times above that almost all of the time. I spent hours collecting gear that I couldn't use just to give out. I would find a random lowby group and help them rank. In some ways, I was trying to recruit and get out the word of Talia, and in some ways it was just what I enjoy doing (as a player) and how I feel an elvish healer would behave. In our world, we view good people on a sliding scale but figure everyone has a little bad in them somewhere. In CF you have more clearly defined alignments. I figure an elvish healer has to be about as "good" as you can get, and tried to act accordingly. Also, Llauriele was just very very innocent. But who knows, maybe some of that good karma and favors I never collected on will pay off for me in real life.

I can;t really say what my next character would be, since I don;t intend to play again for a long long time. It was two years since the last time, so... I do enjoy healers though.

Circuits Edge (inactive user)Sat 20-Sep-03 01:35 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

Well, I didn't see much of you up till the point of your so called 'deletion', on which I'd like to comment. I've seen bad RP'ers and I've seen good RP'ers. I've been annoyed by overzelous emoters, who ask me to emote more. For those people, RP is not about emoting. I could emote I'm doing the hammer dance too. I could also emote I'm picking ticks off my balls. But I don't. I choose subtlety, and I have confidence that the IMMs will see my subtle RP and reward me for it with special titles and tattoos. This hasn't happened but oh well.

Now onto Llauriele. I was very tempted to just say 'take off the idiot suit dumbass' when I first saw you do the voice changing bit, because frankly, what the hell is that? You wanted everyone to gather at the inn so you could do a little show by changing your voice? Come on. Get the fireworks, get the shawtabbies, get the goddamn quest elementals, don't just ####ing change your voice. Recite a scroll of mass death or whatever, and attack the paladin.

I guess emoting a bit isn't a bad thing either, sometimes.

That was just goddamn disappointing, thanks for wasting my time.

Circ.

Llauriele (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 02:16 AM

#21305, "Amazing"
In response to Reply #8

That was stupid beyond words.

Ocelevan (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 03:21 AM

#21310, "So let me get this..."
In response to Reply #8

You don't emote, and knock people who do emote. Then you talk about how great your subtle RP is, yet, you never get a title or tatted like the people who do emote. Then, you knock her RP because you have no idea what was going on, and say she would have done better by attacks a paladn with a scroll of mass death, as an elven healer. She's right, that was stupid...

Jhyrb (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 05:14 AM

#21316, "RE: So let me get this..."
In response to Reply #12

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, a char named Ocean's Eleven has no right to call anything stupid.. But i'm sure it was a complete coincidence. *snickers* Right.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.

ValguarneraSat 20-Sep-03 12:48 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21326, "Uh oh. Jhyrb's possessed by Vlad. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #15

What?!@?! You people never saw Season Three, Episode 4 of Battlestar Galactica?!%?!?1 The kitchen robot!&!! The KICTHEN ROBOT was only two letters off!?!?!!!one

Author's note: I have no idea how Ocelevan chose his name. But it's something of a stretch to imply it's inappropriate for CF use.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Jhyrb (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 05:13 PM

#21333, "Heh."
In response to Reply #20

I'm sorry i missed scene ten of episode 4 of season 3! I was just making a point, he shouldn't be slinging #### around about people when his existence is bordering on 'stupid' in itself.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.

VladamirSat 20-Sep-03 05:55 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#21335, "Your NT was a fib, and your post was NOT very huggy!"
In response to Reply #20

And names are my pet peeve. Sue me.

Circuits Edge (inactive user)Sat 20-Sep-03 07:53 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #12

>You don't emote, and knock people who do emote.

Yes. I mock them too. Actually I just mock/knock people who emote every little thing they do, thus thinking they're gods gift to rp.

>Then you talk about how great your subtle RP is, yet, you never get >a title or tatted like the people who do emote.

I never do, no. I would imagine it has more to do with my lack of interest in chars, and never passing the 100 hour barrier. Or maybe my IP is forever marked *CIRC - DO NOT AWARD, DO NOT TITLE. EMPOWERMENT IF ROLE GOOD. IMPS*

>Then, you knock her RP because you have no idea what was going on, >and say she would have done better by attacks a paladn with a scroll >of mass death, as an elven healer. She's right, that was stupid...

A possessed elven healer. Or was she really possessed? It certainly didn't look that way to me. Looked more like an elf trying to talk funny. I'm sorry if I'm not part of the goodie happy family that like to sit on a green lawn and sip tea while they discuss what piece of gear to hoard next and then cry when 10 imperials don't play 'fair'.

Lariya (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 12:58 AM

#21302, "Darn"
In response to Reply #0

Well, you were fun to be around. I won't really comment on the Talia stuff since it is still ongoing, but it was fun to play out. We weren't really close friends, but we'd say hi now and then and explore here and there. Good luck with whatever is next!

Llauriele (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 01:40 AM

#21304, "Ocelevan's other "old hag""
In response to Reply #7

I should have mentioned you in the main post, sorry about that. I really enjoyed interacting with you. You were quirky. One of the few Fortress people who didn't bother trying to preach to Llauriele about the importance of destroying evil and what not... but instead preached about the importance of covering one's body.

Ocelevan (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 12:06 AM

#21300, "Talk about big suprises"
In response to Reply #0

I look up and you've deleted. Well, it was fun fun fun. You were the main reason that I even became Mercenary Captain, and I thank you for that. It's probably one of the reasons I immorted. I had a feeling that you really didn't want to be an immortal, but it was cool that you rolled with the RP and said you wanted to anyway. We went through a lot from the time we first met in Galadon up until our last conversation. Ocelevan always wanted to be with Llauriele but he couldn't dishonor his marriage to Liriel that was blessed by Talia herself. After Liriel showed up on the battlefield I was going to see if we could get married, but you go and delete! Anyway, you were always fun to be around. Sometimes I would log on just to see if you were around. When we got together, I never knew what to expect... laughing, crying, Cersai popping up at the shrine. Well, I guess this is goodbye...

Llauriele (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 12:27 AM

#21301, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #5

Yeah it was fun. That last adventure we had getting the Blood of Selric was pretty much one of the last fun times I had with Llauriele. After that, you kind of stopped showing up and so did Talia. And then you immorted and I couldn;t really interact with you like I used to. And god help them, everyone else just weren't as interesting to interact with. I know there would have been more fun times in the future too, but oh well. I hope you do well as an immortal. I guess you must be writing an area or something right now. Maybe I'll play that area if I ever return.

natherin (Guest)Fri 19-Sep-03 11:44 PM

#21298, "you little gnome buddy"
In response to Reply #0

well from rank 10 where you helped me and a few friends rank to level 49 where I help you out in your secret place everything was a pleasure. You where a constant a fun person to rp with and always willing to help out no matter what. I learned allot from you and enjoyed our talks everytime, even if some days all we had time for was Tell llauriele Howdy Herald!, Llauriele says "wow you sure are getting big" it was funny and you will be missed. oh yeah and I still owe you like a million

Natherin

"It's Breakfast In Hell and I am Buying the Coffee"
Chesty Puller
USMC COL RET.

Llauriele (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 12:01 AM

#21299, "Natherin!"
In response to Reply #3

Well its too late to collect on favors now. It was fun taking your level 10 group to like level 20 or whatever it was so quickly. I was glad to see at least one of you went on to become something. Gnome warriors are funny to me. I can just picture this tiny little guy with a huge polearm dragging along behind as he walks. You were cool, since you were one of the few people who would just say hello without expecting something. Healers don;t get many of those. Thanks, and good luck in the future!

Urden_X (Guest)Fri 19-Sep-03 11:28 PM

#21296, "If it makes you feel any better, I was trying to get ev..."
In response to Reply #0

Ilrahsek had a big portion of his role that basically revolved around
you and Talia. It was the reason I got my tattoo. I'd love to post it,
but I still haven't been given an "ok" to do it. Oh well.

Llauriele (Guest)Fri 19-Sep-03 11:40 PM

#21297, "Wow"
In response to Reply #1

That's news to me. I was killed a few times with this character, but really very very few. Especially toward the end of my life. Not by any great skill, mind you. It's just that nobody tried. Talia would come interact with people who tried to kill me when I was younger. I would have thought that would be incentive to kill me, but I guess not.

Anyway... Ilrahsek? I don;t think I really interacted with you much. I wish I knew why you wanted me dead.

Jhyrb (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 04:55 AM

#21311, "RE: Wow"
In response to Reply #2

How do you think an imm plaguing, sending demons after, and straight up killing the person attacking you would encourage more people to attack you? Rose colored glasses my friend. Very rosey indeed.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.

Niv (Guest)Mon 22-Sep-03 11:19 PM

#21369, "Smash the glasses."
In response to Reply #13

Roll up an evil bastard - not too hard for you Jhyrb, I know - and kill them anyway.

Mercenary of Talia is DEAD!!!

You scream in agony as plague erupts from your skin.

You tell Talia 'You can plague me, you can take my equipment, you can kill me. I am still going to permanently send every one of your followers to the grave.'

It's all in the RP.

Jhyrb (Guest)Tue 23-Sep-03 04:39 AM

#21372, "RE: Smash the glasses."
In response to Reply #39

Yea, but i've seen Talia actually kill morts.

Nivek1Tue 23-Sep-03 01:40 PM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#21373, "Smash the glasses anyway."
In response to Reply #41

It takes 15 minutes to decently regear a hero warrior with a 30-40 damroll. Repetitive regearing does suck at times, but is it worth that 15 minutes to kill a "protected character?" I think so. If you can't strike back at the Power, strike at the followers.

The best way to weaken an enemy force is to ensure that no-one wants to be a part of said enemy force. It's the basic premise of cabal wars. I don't see how it's any different from a Nexan killing Rager apps or a midbie Empire AP killing midbie Marans. People out killing cabal applicants have no way to strike at the head (Leaders) so they chew up the body as much as they can and spit out the bones.

In this case, the Leader is basically untouchable, like a God. You're not going to hurt Sacer, Talia, Thrakburzug, etc. by running up and trying to run them through. You are going to hurt them by annihilating anyone who follows them.

TaliaTue 23-Sep-03 02:27 PM
Member since 23rd Jun 2003
4 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21374, "Are you sure?"
In response to Reply #41

Talia has killed one mortal (on August 8th). Wirub, a level 3 conjurer who attacked her twice in the Inn. The logs have been checked. It's the only time it's ever happened.

Who have you seen killed?

Jhyrb (Guest)Wed 24-Sep-03 05:10 PM

#21413, "RE: Are you sure?"
In response to Reply #43

Eh, maybe he didn't die, but you attacked em, forget who, was an imperial at the fort when you were doing one of your little power trip dealios.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21295 Previous topic | Next topic