Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Ildareen the Knight of the Glade" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19699
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 25-Jul-03 04:04 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19699, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Ildareen the Knight of the Glade"

Fri Jul 25 16:02:51 2003

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Ildareen perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:47
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:242
PK Ratio:19% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Role and descriptions, Igsoeh, 25-Jul-03 04:30 PM, #2
Reply RE: Role and descriptions, Telfolan (Guest), 25-Jul-03 07:25 PM, #5
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Ildareen the Knight of the Gl..., Igsoeh, 25-Jul-03 04:24 PM, #1
     Reply Ahh man! I knew this was coming, Ardyana (Guest), 25-Jul-03 06:33 PM, #3
     Reply Bye, Elrys (Guest), 25-Jul-03 07:02 PM, #4
     Reply oh...didn't want to see you die yet., Kertaki (Guest), 25-Jul-03 08:04 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Ildareen the Knight of the Gl..., Sev (Guest), 25-Jul-03 08:17 PM, #7
     Reply Shrizhiel..., Lhydia, 25-Jul-03 10:00 PM, #8

IgsoehFri 25-Jul-03 04:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19701, "Role and descriptions"
In response to Reply #0

Before you is a tall young man. You would place him at just over six feet in height. His handsome face is worn from weather and darkened from the sun. His jaw line is square, and his cheekbones high. There is a small scar on his forehead. His short brown hair is somewhat unkempt and gives him a roguish appearance. His eyes are a deep green, the color of emeralds. His thick neck evolves into broad shoulders and a barrel-like chest. His arms are large and very well-defined. His hands are as darkened and worn as his face, with numerous scars and small cuts. His legs are rather thin compared to the rest of his body, and quite long. His posture is proud and noble.

Before you is a middle-aged man. You would guess him at
about six feet in height, though he seems to be slouching a bit. His handsome face is very rugged, worn from weather, and
darkened from the sun. His jaw is covered with a thick brown beard, streaked with gray. There is a small scar on his forehead. His hair is short, and somewhat unkempt, brown and also speckled with gray. He has a bit of a roguish look to him. His eyes are a deep emerald green, and there is a bit of sadness in them. His neck is thick, and his shoulder broad. His chest is barrel-like, though not as big as it was in his younger days. His arms are still large, though no longer so well-defined. His hands are darkened from the sun, and creased with age. His legs are long and thin, as they always have been. His posture is somewhat slouched, but his head is held high with pride.

Ildareen knows nothing of the following….

The warlord cursed the heavens as he watched another of his seamen get
tossed over the side by the crushing waves. The rain slashed down at his face, seeming to be thrown at him by Shokai himself. That one made six in the last twenty minutes, at this rate, he would have to go down and try to manage the rigging by himself. He snarled as he turned struggled down to the lower decks, being thrown to the deck every few steps. A particularly violent lurch tossed him down the stairs when he was about half way down. He teetered through the hallway to a small room. Inside, his surgeon was overseeing the birth of his son. The woman was royalty in the port city of Seantryn Modan. Roughly nine months earlier, Marstilion had raped her. He had caught her unawares outside of the city, while she was picking flowers with her maidens. When it was learned that she would give birth to an illegitimate child, she was cast from the royal house. She staggered around in the city, until one evening, Marstilion spotted her and her swollen belly. He abducted her and set out for Arkham. He wanted a son, and she would give it to him. About a week out of Arkham, they hit a terrible storm, it threw them wholly off course, and now, he had no idea where he was. She had been in labor now for twenty hours, and the surgeon would have to cut her open to get at the child. Marstilion ordered it done, and the woman died on that table. The child was cleaned up, and swaddled in black cloth. Marstilion had no basinet, so he lay him in an emptied treasure chest. He named him Karsithius, and returned to the weather decks of the ship. This is the last time he would ever see his son, or anyone for that matter. The storm that night was perhaps the most terrible Thera had seen. His ship was tossed about like a child’s toy. Lightning struck the mast, and the ship was hurtled into huge rocks off the coast of Balator.
Miraculously, young Karsithius was spared. In the chaos, his makeshift
basinet had closed over top of him, and secured itself tightly. It was spared the crushing force of the rocks, and the fire that aided in consuming the ship. The storm almost immediately calmed, and deposited the child on the shores, unharmed.

It was in this way, that a watchman from the city of Balator found him. Safely locked in a chest, wrapped in black cloth. He looked about for a moment, and then carried him off to the orphanage in that township. It was there that the child was named Ildareen. He was raised with the other orphans, but preferred usually to be alone, running off through the quiet woodlands around Balator. He spent some time in the school for warriors there, though not as a student, mostly just watching from the corner, admiring the skill of the young warriors enrolled there. Life was carefree, until one evening, when he was heading home he heard screams from inside the orphanage. He ran into the orphanage, and nearly passed out from the scene before him. There were dead bodies everywhere, blood sprayed across the walls and floor, even intestines of
children strewn across the hallway. He could barely keep himself from
screaming when he heard another scream from a bedroom. He inched closer, and then a fire giant ducked out of the room, holding a bloody axe, he was followed by a scruffy duergar and then a drow with the most terrible, hateful eyes he had ever seen. The drow screamed out and went after him, he turned to run, but the evil elf grabbed him by the hair. The other two laughed as he went to slit Ildareen’s throat. Ildareen picked up his feet, causing the drow to nearly topple from the weight, and land only a glancing blow on his forehead. The boy rolled onto his back and kicked with all his might, sending the drow rolling backwards. In a flash, Ildareen was back on his feet and fleeing
through the hallway, and out into the woods. The three gave chase, but lost his trail just into the woods. A storm had begun to brew and was washing away any trace of the young boy.

Ildareen fled west across the forests and the plains. He finally ran into the River Erinin, and followed it north to Tar Valon. He wandered through the city for a few days, finally finding solace in the Ogier Grove. After spending only one night there, he was approached by a ranger from the guild in that city, who took him in and got him enlisted in the Academy.

Ildareen believes very strongly in the Lord Saldradien, being the god of
storms. It is by his grace, that he is alive to this day, and for that, owes him his service. He is pure, though (unbeknownst to him) the darkness, greed, and hatred of his father is deep inside him. He believes in the protection of the innocent, and that the darkness has no place in Thera.

Telfolan (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 07:25 PM

#19712, "RE: Role and descriptions"
In response to Reply #2

Hey man,

Sorry about just upping and disappearing on you. I honestly got bored with the assassin bit. If the fight was too hard, I"d hide out, if not, I'd strike and usually kill my enemy. Too many damn duergars about for a good assassin and all that Plus, I prefer mages over fighting classes! We did do a good bit of ranking there, and I could tell you were new to the Rangers Hope you enjoy your new chars and hope to work with you again, specially if your team evil!

Brian S.

IgsoehFri 25-Jul-03 04:24 PM
201 posts
#19700, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Ildareen the Knight of the Gl..."
In response to Reply #0

And so ends the failed maran ranger experiment. Man, I'm never doin that again, I'm goin back to arial assassins and Team Evil. Well, lots a good times, lots a bad ones too. Had kind of high hopes for this character, and was goin along pretty good until about 32 or so. I never figured out the stay in the woods thing, I never had fastcamo. Uhh, yeah, of course, there is my ever-pitiful pk ratio. I'll bet my total ratio can't be better than 25%, I just don't get it I guess. Umm, met lots of people, so forgive me already if I forget you.

Imms: Not much, just Saldradien is all, I was working towards eventually gettin your tat, but I obviously failed there, and I know it was my fault, when I was young, I prayed all the time, then after I talked to you that once, I quit praying almost altogether, then I came begging back for a con quest, so I don't blame you in any way shape or form for me not getting it, just me not having any motivation. I think I may try another storm follower down the line, cause you seem like a pretty cool imm.

Enemies: None real notable, mostly because of my own sucking. Ezrail, we had some fun ones. Haaslett, you too. Oh, Tirraerror, you beat me up alot, good work. And a duergar thief when I was younger, started with an 'S' I think. Oh, and Faeras and Knipit, fun fights with you two. And Sev, you too.

Friends:

Starkad- Introduced me to the storms sort of, thanks for the good interaction, never got up there to do any fighting with you cause I can't stand ranking but hey, thems the breaks.

Fahnrore: We didn't have a whole lot of interaction, but Ildareen looked up to you and always mentioned your name when interviewing young recruits, as well as giving them the same task you gave me.

Telfolan: What the hell happened man, you just up and dissapeared, you and Vorondel were my "old" friends. Had some good times with you.

Gherian: Thanks for all the shields and helping me rank and stuff. You'll do a good job as an imm.

Aemelius: Thanks for all the help ranking, had a lot of good interactions with you, never saw any of the bad stuff they were talking about.

Vorondel: My other old friend, lots of good times, thanks for all the help and spells and shizzle. Hope you find your brother and stuff, you'll make a good cardinal.

Jhanderin: Grumpy bastard. I said some stuff in your goodbye, take care and all, good work. Always there to scold me.

Delithraldor: I wish you hadn't deleted, having both you and Vor around would've been pretty damned cool.

Elrys: First person in the fort I talked to, you should show up more and stuff, or maybe you do and I just don't show up enough.

Ardyana: You're the ranger now, take care of em in the fort. Would've liked to have seen Nimras and stuff.

A bunch of you would've made it into my role if I my own computer had been hooked up and I could've worked on it, but as it was, my friend's computer was hooked up, and when mine got hooked back up I had 4 con, so I said to hell with it. All of the rest of you, I know I'm forgetting a bunch, thanks, yell at me if you want. I'm ghandi.

Ardyana (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 06:33 PM

#19707, "Ahh man! I knew this was coming"
In response to Reply #1

>Ardyana: You're the ranger now, take care of em in the fort.
>Would've liked to have seen Nimras and stuff

I really liked you and was hoping to get to spend a little more time with you. It was fun being able to see you standing there with me while we were both camo'd. It kind of sucks having to be camo'd all the time, cuz it's really hard to Rp that way with people who can't see you. On the other hand camo is a real life saver for rangers.

I really enjoyed reading your role, interesting story.

Good luck with your next.

Elrys (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 07:02 PM

#19708, "Bye"
In response to Reply #1

>Elrys: First person in the fort I talked to, you should show
>up more and stuff, or maybe you do and I just don't show up
>enough.

I thought you were cool for what little I saw of you. You're right, I should show up more. What I need to do is quit my job so I have enough time to do everything.

Kertaki (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 08:04 PM

#19714, "oh...didn't want to see you die yet."
In response to Reply #1

I'm so pissed now that I'm working so much and I haven't been on much save an hour or two at some crazy hour of the morning.

I remember first meeting you when I was solo ranking in the white tower and I saw you near. Had some words and contemplated killing you, but remembered seeing you just getting nailed near the inn by a few people and kinda felt bad...but you had no problem trying to get me regardless of clothing *grins*

Anyway, Kertaki kept lying to ya (sorry but hey) and making false promises of not slaying goodie mobs/players. then finally empire came around and...well rest is history. Made a good friend, and thanks for trying to help me after my screwup of underestimating Slindarnok

and if you go evil do NOT jump on that empire trip or I will be forced to kill you! (and again and again) heh.

lata -Kertaki

Sev (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 08:17 PM

#19715, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Ildareen the Knight of the Gl..."
In response to Reply #1

> And Sev, you too.

We never really fought big battles but I know what you mean. That last snare I thought I was really doing to die.

Not looking forward to your protege,
Sev

LhydiaFri 25-Jul-03 10:00 PM
2390 posts
#19719, "Shrizhiel..."
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, that was fun. You managed to whomp me a few times, but then I resorted to either ganging the hell out of you or just spelling you up after the jacking. I enjoyed it either way, and I really hated all those damned druids and rangers. Mostly the druids.

Shrizhiel

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19699 Previous topic | Next topic