Subject: "(DEL) Melkorath the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14768
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 30-Jan-03 11:49 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14768, "(DEL) Melkorath the Weaponsmaster"

Thu Jan 30 11:48:07 2003

9 o''clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Shadows on the Theran calendar Melkorath perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:224
PK Ratio:32% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Last of a long long line. (very long, very very long go..., Melkorath (Guest), 30-Jan-03 12:57 PM, #2
Reply Well played and a question., Charlie Sheen, 30-Jan-03 01:22 PM, #4
Reply Good, resist wrath was very usefull.nt, Melkorath (Guest), 30-Jan-03 07:58 PM, #11
Reply This bothered me slightly., Deveskrius (Guest), 30-Jan-03 01:52 PM, #5
Reply I think I rember that day., Melkorath (Guest), 30-Jan-03 08:03 PM, #12
     Reply RE: I think I rember that day., Deveskrius (Guest), 02-Feb-03 06:09 AM, #36
Reply From one old rager to another, sorry to see you go! n/t, Minyar, 30-Jan-03 03:02 PM, #6
Reply Yeah, old shcool ragers will probably always come back ..., Melkorath (Guest), 30-Jan-03 08:28 PM, #20
Reply RE: Last of a long long line. (very long, very very lon..., Abernyte, 30-Jan-03 03:09 PM, #7
Reply Yeah, I myself couldnt believe how often I got wacked., Melkorath (Guest), 30-Jan-03 08:07 PM, #13
     Reply One thing about spellbane and save vs spell, Hutto, 30-Jan-03 08:20 PM, #19
          Reply After near 35 ragers I knew this all to well., Melkorath (Guest), 30-Jan-03 10:17 PM, #22
Reply RE: Last of a long long line. (very long, very very lon..., Piental (Guest), 30-Jan-03 03:28 PM, #8
Reply Hahah, sup piental, i'll send you a email :) nt, Melkorath (Guest), 30-Jan-03 08:08 PM, #14
Reply That is a long time!, Intronan, 30-Jan-03 04:38 PM, #9
Reply Burned out., Melkorath (Guest), 30-Jan-03 08:14 PM, #15
Reply Good ole Karsus., Kloshen (Guest), 30-Jan-03 07:45 PM, #10
Reply RE: Good ole Karsus., Melkorath (Guest), 30-Jan-03 08:18 PM, #17
Reply Didn't know Melkorath but..., Araen, 30-Jan-03 08:14 PM, #16
Reply RE: Didn't know Melkorath but..., Melkorath (Guest), 30-Jan-03 08:20 PM, #18
Reply Thanks!, Yogor (Guest), 30-Jan-03 10:10 PM, #21
Reply Heheh, I liked your character, Melkorath (Guest), 30-Jan-03 10:20 PM, #23
Reply Hey!, Panir (Guest), 30-Jan-03 11:00 PM, #25
Reply heheh, Melkorath (Guest), 31-Jan-03 01:09 AM, #26
Reply RE: Last of a long long line. (very long, very very lon..., Darmok, 31-Jan-03 01:22 AM, #27
Reply :) thanks n/t, Melkorath (Guest), 31-Jan-03 04:20 AM, #29
Reply so few warrior scouts, Grogim (Guest), 31-Jan-03 03:46 AM, #28
Reply Started out a berserker, turned into a scout., Melkorath (Guest), 31-Jan-03 04:24 AM, #30
Reply Bah, you'll be back, we all come back...:P, Kolun/Sevietrem (Guest), 31-Jan-03 04:37 AM, #31
Reply RE: Last of a long long line. (very long, very very lon..., Broxx (Guest), 31-Jan-03 09:56 PM, #32
Reply Going hard to find a fight was the best way to have fun..., Melkorath (Guest), 01-Feb-03 10:14 PM, #34
Reply RE: Last of a long long line. (very long, very very lon..., Kastellyn, 01-Feb-03 08:17 AM, #33
Reply RE: Last of a long long line. (very long, very very lon..., someone (Guest), 01-Feb-03 10:55 PM, #35
Reply Lol, yeah alps was fun., Melkorath (Guest), 02-Feb-03 10:28 PM, #37
Reply Wait wait Your Grurk???!!!!!, Pa..rick (Guest), 25-Sep-07 10:16 PM, #38
Reply You did well., Lightmage, 30-Jan-03 12:01 PM, #1
     Reply hehe :), Melkorath (Guest), 30-Jan-03 01:01 PM, #3
          Reply Damn, Lightmage, 30-Jan-03 10:47 PM, #24

Melkorath (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 12:57 PM

#14769, "Last of a long long line. (very long, very very long go..."
In response to Reply #0

Well where do I start. This wasnt a rage delete. This wasnt a deletion because everyone is deleting out of battle. This was a delete because it was the final straw in reguards to being bored. I had loged on and was actually thinking about a few more aspects that might spice up the fun for me, But then the dullness set in. I am well and truely all cf'ed out. In my last few years I wasnt playing cf for the kill ratio, or to be rembered as one of the greats of the year, I played for events that might occour which I could sit at my keyboard and grin about for hours afterwards. To be proud of achieving something. Unfortunatly when a couple of those events did occour It didnt give me a buzz at all.

Immortals: You strive to make this a better game unfortunatly the players ##### things up something fierce, Immature kids learn from the dickheads and then think they can only be kewl by being a dickhead themselves. I interacted with well over ten immortals (this char). Whoever was switched into lord kia, that was a mean arse task but fun as all hell.
When Yassby started yelling abuse at me when I was solo killing him for his claymore I smiled for a full day. That too was really kewl.

Intronan, You always see through all my ragers and see the old worn down old school rager. Thank you for the multiple interactions. You will always be my view on what a rager should have strived to be.

Thror dam boy where do I start. I dont know how you do it, how you keep the zest the inspiration, I admire you for your work. I knew you as a mortal and I had a blast pking your arse .

Kasty I tried endlessly to start a spark of rp, I always wanted something from you but after 2 years of trying I guess I just wasnt the right sorta person for you.

Holtz, I had a blast with some of the quests and rping that we did long long ago. Pitty to see you fade away.

Nimbuss, hahah we had some fun times. I just wished that you were around alot lot more back then.

Bt, Bastid!!!! even after you faded away you totaly brought me back to life when you transed me for a name transfer. I was grinning so much knowing that you were still about just never visable . I had heaps of characters that followed your religion and ways. I also rember playing during your mortal days.

pico, bummer is all I can say. You got the ##### end of the stick you really did. People always complained about you and your religion and induction into entropy. I could see it clear as crystal and we seemed to click 100%. If your still about like bt, I really enjoyed all the entropy characters and interactions.

Ishy, dam boy I miss you.... miss you alot. That time you turned yourself into a bottle in my inventory I pissed myself laughing... dunno how you did that, but it was way kewl. Thanks for empowering my sphere water dwarf healer . hahahh.

mayesha, my little sex kitten. Time and time again I tried to draw you into rp but you shruged me off. I suppose you get 123091823 sexual rp advances a day . I shoulda made a female

Crydia, scarab. Dam I rolled that character as a pre test character and then fully got into the mission impossible odds that I came up against. I strived to survive the mass pkings that came for me.. and rarely had enough time to kill lots of people

Scar, that whole lich thing was way kewl. Pitty I was to blind drunk and missed key room echos . Tough break on hell, as a old school area builder I know how much somthing like that hurts. The whole lich aspect that you play and play so well makes my skin crawl when I get chances to rp with you.

Twist, Thanks for believing in the impossible. I had a blast with the few characters that I played under you. And morso with characters that walked a tight line under your religion.

Radickon, Your tat was the #####, nothing to this day (may except bt's) beats it. Miss you soo sooooooo much.

Uller, thanks for your rp with my cleric and paladin that was way kewl.

Sebeok, Dam I was soo pissed of with you when you ruined my sphere deception character. But hey I guess role wouldnt have come in if it wasnt for that major incident. No hard feeling now but

Jullias, one thing and one thing only. Love your rp/your religion.

Nep, I rember the gnome bashing squad on you when you were mortal. Back in the days when gnomes were hunted down and slaughtered so hard and fast they rarly made it past level 30. Glad that there is someone up there that still has a sense of humour

Zulgh, loved you as a mortal and also happy to see you up there kicking it with the best.

Guerric, dam I hated your guts when you were mortal. But as a imm you were kinda kewl. I used and abused your shrine

Shokai, The ever elusive. I saw you often now and again and I even rember eating a few beatings from you when I pushed abit to hard. I was never once inspired to play a maran or a knight. The whole aspect of goodies that are really evils killing only evils doesnt get me going.

Shadow: Heaps of friends from shadow, you few who still play there simply has to be a way to bring it back!!!

Masters: GO DWARF CLERICS! hehehe, had lots of masters heaps of dwarf clerics , tonnes of fun.

Arbiter: had a few and had a blast back during 1st age, when mortorn was intro'ed into the game and a group of about 15 wanteds came to explore the new area I couldnt resist hitting you all with chain lightning and crushing hands hahahaha. Sure I died, but it was more funny seeing you all die when the demon 900 hp UNSPEAKED you all
I dont think I've come across a more corrupt arbiter than I once played

Entropy: Dam kewl, really kewl. I had heaps of characters in arbiter all who had a total blast. Real shame that its gone... real shame.
Mirrors were the ##### nothing beat mirrors hahaha... fond memories.

Empire: Was kewl when it wasnt packed with morons. Morso when morons were in crontrol.

Battle: Well I've been a die hard battle player since pre-purge. I was the first of my group to get into battle and from that day forth I just totaly loved it. It was only in the last year that It started getting sour. It wasnt the cabal itself, but everyons view of the cabal and their assumptions and sterotypes that made it really bad.

Friends and enemy of melkorath:
This list is just to massive to start on. With quests and the ammount of time I poured into this character and over such a long period its hard to even start to name everyone. So I think I will generalise.

Friends, it was a blast playing with you, ranking, rping, questing and lastly pking.

Foes, disgusting is all I can say. People just dont know how to solo fight these days. There were probably 5 people in like 80 that just could fight alone. Real shame. I still respected alot of you and tried to change your ways with my actions and such. But still alot of you didnt even bother striving to better yourself.

A few aspects about cf:
Warriors are warriors for a reason. They should fight the best, but they dont not by a mile. Forms crap all over a warrior and crap all over a warriors damage. Unparrably dodgeable shark bites than do insane damage. Forms that you cannot physically hit in 120 rounds of combat. Forms that hit 5 times a round and you cannot parry/dodge. Well you get the idea.

Warriors healing rate is a joke, 23 con sleeping for 50-75 hp. Gnome can tick 200 mana out of 1200, but a warrior only ticks 50-75 out of 1100. Berserk should be shorted to 3 ticks (2 hours), so they can use it as a form of healing. Warriors should get something like pitch tent, (similar to rangers camp). It took me 20 + ticks to sleep to full from a death BORING!.

still think something is heavily broken with spellbane/saves. But I guess I just managed to roll under 5 in 100 near 400 times

resists (barrier aura etc) are probably the worst thing i've seen come to cf ever. Before hand everything worked well was balanced. Clerics and sanc was a part of life. Now cleric sanc just make you near unkillable when combined with other resists. Nothing rocks more than 115 damroll doing grazes and scratchs.

Learning rates of skills/spells/prayers. If immortals keep pluggin the "mastering them isnt that important" line. Why not just make it extremly easy to master all your skills. Blowing 80 hours as a giant to master weapons/defenses is a joke. Your wasting players time when they could be having fun. Never lose sight of that aspect this is a game and the players want fun.

food/drink consumption, Might just be me but this is a pain in the arse for giants that are hasted etc. Melkorath ate near 10 times as much food as my last human mage, that is just harsh. I rember selling equipment that I had pked for just to bloody pay for my food bill when I was level 24.

excessive damage: Ragers lost 5x db, but mages and forms still whip out hugely massive damage. If you expect tactics to be used in a fight. The fight needs to last longer than 5 rounds.

End of aspect report

A few characters that i've played over the years that I can rember off the top of my head at 6 am in the morning .

Scrape
Oldwin
Grunk, Grunk 2, Grunk 3
Silverback
Shellie
Thomas
Rincewind
Isabella
Karsus
Drannomar
Dureena
Malor
Nicat
Guntur
Melvin
Horvald
Orsk
Hastur, hastur 2
Decado
Giddion
Grennick
Marlek
Melkorath

There are many more that I just cannot rember off the top of my head, many many more that I play as a smugger with other smuggers (before I brought arolin and zhar to cf, then many more with them)

Id paste my role in also but its like 5 pages long... so here is my score/prac before I deleted.

Melkorath the Weaponsmaster
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level : 51 Sex : male Race : fire
Ethos : Chaotic Align : Evil Class : warrior
Practices: 14 Trains : 1 Hometown : Galadon
Exp : 592272 To Level : 21728 Sphere : Purity
Hit Point: 915 /1111 Mana : 369 /369 Move : 778 /778
Str : 25(25) Int : 15(15) Wis : 17(17)
Dex : 16(16) Con : 21(21) Chr : 16(16)
Carry # : 4/29 Weight : 72 lb 14 oz (Max 577 lbs)
Gold : 0 Silver : 0 Copper : 0
Wimpy : 0 hp Morale : Moderate Position : Standing
Hitroll : 24 Damroll : 19
AC pierce: 20 Somewhat armored AC bash : 20 Somewhat armored
AC slash : 20 Somewhat armored AC magic : 32 Somewhat armored
vs Spell : Somewhat protected vs Paralysis : Not protected
vs Breath: Not protected vs Petrification: Not protected
You have 0 weapon specializations.
You have 0 legacy choices.
You are specialized in sword.
You are specialized in whip and flail.
You have cast out the divine by meditating upon the Forsaken Thoughts.
You smash foes to the ground with the charge of Greeting the Avalanche.
You are affected by:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<915hp 369m 778mv 21728tnl>
The healer closes his eyes for a moment and nods at you.

<915hp 369m 778mv 21728tnl> prac
charge 1%( 1%) axe 100%(100%)
dagger 100%(100%) flail 100%(100%)
mace 100%(100%) polearm 100%(100%)
spear 100%(100%) sword 100%(100%)
staff 100%(100%) whip 100%(100%)
bash 100%(100%) berserk 100%(100%)
dirt kicking 100%(100%) disarm 100%(100%)
dodge 100%(100%) enhanced damage 100%(100%)
hand to hand 100%(100%) kick 1%( 1%)
parry 100%(100%) rescue 78%( 78%)
trip 100%(100%) second attack 100%(100%)
third attack 100%(100%) fourth attack 100%(100%)
cross 1%( 1%) offhand disarm 100%(100%)
shield cleave 1%( 1%) pugil 1%( 1%)
lash 1%( 1%) fast healing 100%(100%)
haggle 1%( 1%) meditation 100%(100%)
recall 100%(100%) spellbane 100%(100%)
resistance 100%(100%) truesight 100%(100%)
lore 1%( 1%) warcry 78%( 78%)
shield block 80%( 80%) dual wield 100%(100%)
double thrust 100%(100%) flourintine 100%(100%)
riposte 89%( 89%) jab 1%( 1%)
flurry 91%( 91%) drive 100%(100%)
parting blow 72%( 72%) feint 100%(100%)
choke 100%(100%) pull 100%(100%)
strip 63%( 63%) eyejab 66%( 66%)
retreat 1%( 1%) dash 100%(100%)
entwine 100%(100%) pen 1%( 1%)
critical hit 100%(100%) discern spell 70%( 70%)
spell evasion 70%( 70%)

Hastur all cf'ed out. If you wanna contact me email Hastur@tpg.com.au

Live life on the edge otherwise your just a waste of space!

Charlie SheenThu 30-Jan-03 01:22 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
25 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14801, "Well played and a question."
In response to Reply #2

How'd you like Forsaken Thoughts?

CS

*opinions are like assholes, everyone has one*

Melkorath (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 07:58 PM

#14802, "Good, resist wrath was very usefull.nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

Deveskrius (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 01:52 PM

#14798, "This bothered me slightly."
In response to Reply #2

Foes, disgusting is all I can say. People just dont know how to solo fight these days. There were probably 5 people in like 80 that just could fight alone. Real shame. I still respected alot of you and tried to change your ways with my actions and such. But still alot of you didnt even bother striving to better yourself.

-My one fight with you was a village three on one on eastern where you claimed, due to a raid an hour later, that it was a raid situation. I'm rather curious how you attempted to "better others with your own actions." This whole paragraph came across slightly hypocritical, all in all. Then again, maybe I just caught you on a bad day. I did ganging myself, but I really don't recall being an uber-ganger relatively speaking. On the other hand, I don't really recall all that very many fights where I would face an honest challenging one-to-one, especially not from villagers (with a few exceptions, though not nearly enough exceptions). Just my 2 cents.

Melkorath (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 08:03 PM

#14799, "I think I rember that day."
In response to Reply #5

The destructor started talking to us, we were raiding and chasing people raiding us. The eastern road is 9 rooms from the giant. Some people think that is to far to consider it a raid location I dont. Nexus consider the whole of erin, scion the whole of the desert and the dry river bed, the mountains also and probably even Hamsah. Even tho I was following the group leader and spamming bash I was kinda annoyed that they did assist. Prior posts we spoke about if I would get pissed off at them. I did in the end and I think I even killed one in the cirlce of rites.

But as you know you cannot control everything 100% of the time.

Deveskrius (Guest)Sun 02-Feb-03 06:09 AM

#14800, "RE: I think I rember that day."
In response to Reply #12

I agree with most of your post, yet you lost me at 45 = 9. Eastern road is *not* a raid situation. If I was right outside the shortest path to the village then maybe, but I was about 2 rooms from the Khalid River...and no one was raiding you.

MinyarThu 30-Jan-03 03:02 PM
504 posts
#14796, "From one old rager to another, sorry to see you go! n/t"
In response to Reply #2

n/t

Melkorath (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 08:28 PM

#14797, "Yeah, old shcool ragers will probably always come back ..."
In response to Reply #6

there is always that lingering thought that nomatter what you can come back and slip into battle as if it was only yesterday .

AbernyteThu 30-Jan-03 03:09 PM
975 posts
#14792, "RE: Last of a long long line. (very long, very very lon..."
In response to Reply #2

Some people are easier to spot than others. Melkorath hadme second guessing you though due to your getting twatted often. Not you at all hastur, see you when you come back.

-----Abernyte

Melkorath (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 08:07 PM

#14793, "Yeah, I myself couldnt believe how often I got wacked."
In response to Reply #7

Its been one thing that I took for granted with all my ragers. Spellbane worked and worked well with about -40 saves at 100%. What blew my noodle was when I designed a character to have -80 to -100 saves I thought I would have it all sorted out.

Spellbane for me and other ragers is working about 20% what it did when I had marlek. Invokers just sit there and cast as if your a unsubbed rager. I dont think I killed a single invoker 1 on 1. As the immortals said they have changed nothing (they did look into it and Im greatefull for that much, people who say they do nothing PFT!). I guess i had luck -1 and was just ubber unlucky.

HuttoThu 30-Jan-03 08:20 PM
234 posts
#14794, "One thing about spellbane and save vs spell"
In response to Reply #13

As has been pointed out by the Imms on these forums, save vs spells is dependant upon the level of the victim versus the level of the caster. As a fire giant, you're going to spend most of your non-hero days fighting people with more levels than you. You should (I know I did with my last giant Rager) notice a significant difference in how often you spellbane at hero fighting a hero, than level 42 fighting a hero, even with the exact same gear. My giant scout Rager had zero trouble with solo invokers at Hero, excluding the occasional immolate death.

Quicksand can be annoying too, but isn't related to this topic.

Hutto

Melkorath (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 10:17 PM

#14795, "After near 35 ragers I knew this all to well."
In response to Reply #19

at hero I spellbaned hero invokers just as much as I baned them at level 43, spellevasion didnt improve once for me in about 150 area spells (but I was a giant, low int and all). I changed from berserker to scout for critical and critical alone. It was the only way I could deal damage fast enough to get them to flee. Marlek never got over 50 saves, but he baned about 80% of the area spells whilst thirsting, and near 90% of directed spells. Melkorath was on about 4% area spells, and 15 % directed spells. As I said I guess my character was just really really unlucky.

Piental (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 03:28 PM

#14790, "RE: Last of a long long line. (very long, very very lon..."
In response to Reply #2

Hey Kars, send me a e-mail sometime, LordXanCaronis34@juno.com

Melkorath (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 08:08 PM

#14791, "Hahah, sup piental, i'll send you a email :) nt"
In response to Reply #8

nt

IntronanThu 30-Jan-03 04:38 PM
25 posts
#14788, "That is a long time!"
In response to Reply #2

Sorry you're a bit burned out. I'd suggest taking a break, and coming back with something fresh that you haven't done before, or in a while, but you seem to have made up your mind. Of course, I made up my mind to do the same thing about 3 years ago, and look at me! I took a break, and came back with a fresh perspective, maybe you can do. Regardless, good job, and thanks for the compliments. Love those hard-core rager players, they're a special breed. Heck of a list of characters, I've interacted with a bunch of them, in one way or another.

Melkorath (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 08:14 PM

#14789, "Burned out."
In response to Reply #9

Yeah, I've been burned out many times before and that is why littered through my massive rager list is lots of wierd paladins necromancers healers assassins a-ps etc. I dont think I like playing anything else in battle besides the hard-core go hard or go home rps. They are fun, more so if you can pull it off. Atm i've done the cardinal sin and moved to a whole new code base of mud. When I burn out there im sure ill turn back and say "Hey I wonder what cf is doing now".

Kloshen (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 07:45 PM

#14786, "Good ole Karsus."
In response to Reply #2

I miss the days of being the Leecher of Life. Too bad to see you go buddy, it's been a fun ride.

Melkorath (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 08:18 PM

#14787, "RE: Good ole Karsus."
In response to Reply #10

Yeah I missed them too. They were kickarse days and lots of fun. Perhaps if you speak to pien he might tell you where to find me

AraenThu 30-Jan-03 08:14 PM
2 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14784, "Didn't know Melkorath but..."
In response to Reply #2

I remember interacting with Marlek. Good show man, good show.

Melkorath (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 08:20 PM

#14785, "RE: Didn't know Melkorath but..."
In response to Reply #16

Yeah talk about not finishing on a high. From a total juggernaught like Marlek to a flop like Melkorath. What frustrated me as a warrior melkorath was soooo much better than marlek. Just goes to say you cannot always be consistent no matter how hard you try.

Yogor (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 10:10 PM

#14782, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #2

I learned a lot from you, could tell you knew what you were doing but even my bonehead mistakes didn't completely alienate you Good luck in future endeavors, and if not, see you in the fields.

Melkorath (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 10:20 PM

#14783, "Heheh, I liked your character"
In response to Reply #21

Mistakes are always a part of battle. You run into "mistakes" when your opponents are smart and do something different and unexpected.
You learned from your mistakes, Few do. Few understand that sometimes you can only make the same mistakes over and over because there is no better option (insert you can run and hide and not play the game) If you think that is "better".

Panir (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 11:00 PM

#14780, "Hey!"
In response to Reply #2

I had no idea you were marlek, you did read my obit and find out that I Was penz/narin others and whatnot, but anyways, good one, and good luck, do you still play Tsunami? or are you done with that, see you around, drop me a line sometime.

Melkorath (Guest)Fri 31-Jan-03 01:09 AM

#14781, "heheh"
In response to Reply #25

Nah I dont play tsunami anymore, its a rotten apple that just got alot more sour. If you wanna find me Ill be at Everwar. (everwar.dune.net)

Playing of the evil side, named Grunk.

DarmokFri 31-Jan-03 01:22 AM
0 posts
#14778, "RE: Last of a long long line. (very long, very very lon..."
In response to Reply #2

I liked Melkorath. We had one or two conversations via cabal channel or just standing around at the shrine and I thought you did a good job playing your role, as far as I knew it.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Melkorath (Guest)Fri 31-Jan-03 04:20 AM

#14779, ":) thanks n/t"
In response to Reply #27

nt

Grogim (Guest)Fri 31-Jan-03 03:46 AM

#14776, "so few warrior scouts"
In response to Reply #2

This is due to it being a helluva lot tougher than the berzerker ones. They require a slightly different approach and having now seen your list of past ragers I can see that maybe your more of a berzerker guy. I saw you a bit while I was without a job after a house move and then when my new job started we seemed to overlap rarely which is a shame because two scout warriors can make a real mage mess. Take a well earned break untill the burning urge to play a class/combo in battle grabs you again and then just run with it. I think your forsaken legacy was a good idea but an overall bad choice for you. The h2h and greetings was a good idea and would have been excellent on CF 2 years ago or so but nowadays there is too much of the old cb I am stunned, on eastern by Blahblah, help! or cb I am blackjacked, on eastern by blahblah, help! which detracts from good solo killers like yourself. Cursed weapons were your bane alot of the time from what I had seen. I too used them alot but in big melee situations the demon's to remove etc costs us our lives on occasion. From what I did, in terms of interaction, with you I enjoyed. Come back when your ready.
Old ragers never die, they just get too drunk to fight.

Grogim

Melkorath (Guest)Fri 31-Jan-03 04:24 AM

#14777, "Started out a berserker, turned into a scout."
In response to Reply #28

Old ragers never die, they just get too drunk to fight.

So true, but I think i've burned myself out this time well and good.
Cursed weapons at times yes were a bane, but then so many times they saved me from dying. Disarm is a pain, and for a sword spec was just to much of a pain.

Kolun/Sevietrem (Guest)Fri 31-Jan-03 04:37 AM

#14775, "Bah, you'll be back, we all come back...:P"
In response to Reply #2

I said I was leaving a couple times but I invariably end up back in the fold and so will you one day. It may be a while but you will be back *cackles insanely*

Broxx (Guest)Fri 31-Jan-03 09:56 PM

#14773, "RE: Last of a long long line. (very long, very very lon..."
In response to Reply #2

I'm gone for a week and miss so much. I thought I played a balls to the wall don't care about dying rager and then I met you and felt reserved. Whenever a group of enemies was spotted you'd ask where and then run right into them. I thought you were an odd fire giant, seemed more like a giant rabid gnome. Good luck, see you soon

Melkorath (Guest)Sat 01-Feb-03 10:14 PM

#14774, "Going hard to find a fight was the best way to have fun..."
In response to Reply #32

All I needed was two swords, boat and a container for food/drink hehe.

KastellynSat 01-Feb-03 08:17 AM
864 posts
#14772, "RE: Last of a long long line. (very long, very very lon..."
In response to Reply #2

Kasty I tried endlessly to start a spark of rp, I always wanted something from you but after 2 years of trying I guess I just wasnt the right sorta person for you.

Sorry about that, I'm not really sure what to say. There isn't a 'right sort of person' for me; since I interact with pretty much anyone, we must have just not overlapped very well. Judging from the fact that you are an Aussie, you probably ended up playing late evening/early morning US time, which are times that I just can't be on consistantly. That's the only reason I can think of.

From what I saw and heard, I liked Melkorath, but we just never really crossed paths. Sorry you're burned out, but that happens to the best of us. If you come back, you'll come back much refreshed.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

someone (Guest)Sat 01-Feb-03 10:55 PM

#14770, "RE: Last of a long long line. (very long, very very lon..."
In response to Reply #2

If this is really karsus, I have seen you do better with less. Good luck and hope your trip in the alps was fun, Thanks for the fish.

-Betrayer of elves-

Melkorath (Guest)Sun 02-Feb-03 10:28 PM

#14771, "Lol, yeah alps was fun."
In response to Reply #35

And that probably has to be my worst char
Could rape any combat class, couldnt kill a mage for #####, and as mornal couldnt kill any form that had half a brain

Pa..rick (Guest)Tue 25-Sep-07 10:16 PM

#62065, "Wait wait Your Grurk???!!!!!"
In response to Reply #2

Wow I thought you were meaner In person and such!! haha. I doubt you remember me, However I was A good orderly Assassin in the tribbys. Grurk use to help me equip and such. And then I created A Shaman Of justice, and you had me slay a little girl and get slayed by you in order to be empowered! THat was really funny!

LightmageThu 30-Jan-03 12:01 PM
319 posts
#14803, "You did well."
In response to Reply #0

For your first villager, I thought you did well. Bit too much talking after dying, which may have hurt you a bit, but hell...you played a good fire-giant. I am curious of your legacies, never noticed them in the game.

Come back for more, you will only get better..the village can use you.

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

Melkorath (Guest)Thu 30-Jan-03 01:01 PM

#14804, "hehe :)"
In response to Reply #1

This was far from my first villager, however it was the first villager i've had that just totaly and i mean totaly sucked REALLY HARD. I tried a whole new approach to being a rager. A suggested approach from the immortals about actually rping through being pked etc and rp more than pk etc. Rp came first for me always. Having a hugely troublesome role that was pre set and walked a very very fine line it was hard to stick to. For the first time in a long time I set goals to high for me to have achieved. It was kinda a last ditch attempt at trying to discover the fun of the game again.

LightmageThu 30-Jan-03 10:47 PM
319 posts
#14805, "Damn"
In response to Reply #3

Impressive list of charactors. I wrote my goodbye before you did....*sheesh* Your new approach didnt work!! heh....ahh well. Ive seen you in action with other charactors...take a break, and come back for another....

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14768 Previous topic | Next topic