Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #143386
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 04-Sep-22 09:25 AM
Member since 19th Apr 2024
16795 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#143386, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend of the Battlefield, Imperial War Master"

Sun Sep 4 09:23:01 2022

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Zeskabal perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:151

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend..., Zeskabal (Anonymous), 04-Sep-22 04:51 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend..., Wasted, 04-Sep-22 08:05 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend..., Oberserver (Anonymous), 04-Sep-22 11:05 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend..., Zeskabal (Anonymous), 04-Sep-22 11:20 PM, #4
     Reply You're telling me that with your last character, Just some random enemy (Anonymous), 05-Sep-22 01:05 AM, #5
     Reply $hitty deaths will always happen because of $hitty peop..., Abernyte, 17-Sep-22 04:57 AM, #9
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend..., Jhyrbian, 05-Sep-22 06:43 AM, #6
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend..., Thokran (Anonymous), 07-Sep-22 04:55 PM, #7
          Reply In my defence I deleted before the Mino, just took awhi..., Zeskabal (Anonymous), 07-Sep-22 07:37 PM, #8

Zeskabal (Anonymous)Sun 04-Sep-22 04:51 PM
Charter member
#143388, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend..."
In response to Reply #0

I've basically decided I am not playing anymore Empire unless orbs are made non-limited again or insects is nerfed.
I don't want to play like some of the tribunal and just avoid any hard raids on the tree. Cabal raiding is the part of the game I most enjoy.

I think it was balanced, orbs can cost a lot to get, you can be dirted/blinded, you can be lagged out so can't hold them, you have a team member wait in galadon for it.

Instead the situation exists where you can be inside tree with insects, hurt from the spirit and OL can log in mid-raid and snare the exit. Then you are suppose to run away while they have windwalk?

This also opens up the opportunity for OL to log in while you raiding via OOC means (e.g, discord). I am fairly sure that happened to me, but even if it was a coincidence, I am the kind of person that has a lot of enemies and so the sniping temptation would always exist.

I apoligize to Thok, you put a lot of time in to me. Sorry man.

WastedSun 04-Sep-22 08:05 PM
Member since 21st Jun 2015
111 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#143389, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend..."
In response to Reply #1

You're playing the most cookie-cutter OP power combo that there is and complaining about a leader power that arguably pales in comparison to your own leader power.

You can't just win every time, man... And you getting killed is not a massive conspiracy, despite how conservative you like to play.

Just play the game for funsies. You ain't gonna beat it, I promise.

Oberserver (Anonymous)Sun 04-Sep-22 11:05 PM
Charter member
#143390, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend..."
In response to Reply #2

Are you actually saying tactics is better than insects? You have to be joking on that point. And the fact it is not only a leader power is the problem. The inner spirit guardian problem insects more than any leader, since most in outlander don't fight invaders as the don't have to protect the fetish.

Zeskabal (Anonymous)Sun 04-Sep-22 11:20 PM
Charter member
#143391, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend..."
In response to Reply #2

Not sure how many people would consider tactics to be better than insects. I should point out it's not just a leader power, you pretty much can't go on the spirit and avoid insects unless you have mobs.

I am not complaining about the character. I agree this combination is strong (though I do think duergar sword is better). I just don't like how every strategic instinct says do not go the tree. When that is why I play this game. It's that I am not conservative, is the problem. If I was conservative, it would be easy, I can sit in a hole and admire my shiny gear (tribunal style).

I also think Limited orbs is not good for OL. Because they are going to get bored. While some risk-all players (the life blood of CF) will throw themselves at their enemies, many risk-averse players will not go near the tree. Since many OL are also risk-averse they wont leave the tree and so not much is going to happen. I expect a bunch of deletions soon.

I am willing to raid the tree, take on superior odds and risk death if they can out play me. But I am not interested in dying to a simple mid-raid log in by a ranger where I have 3 tics to think about how to survive and nothing comes to mind.

Just some random enemy (Anonymous)Mon 05-Sep-22 01:05 AM
Charter member
#143392, "You're telling me that with your last character"
In response to Reply #4

***I am willing to raid the tree, take on superior odds and risk death if they can out play me. But I am not interested in dying to a simple mid-raid log in by a ranger where I have 3 tics to think about how to survive and nothing comes to mind.***

You didn't have random orcs log in mid raid to absolutely #### up lower level retrievers? GTFO out dude, this #### is called Karma. You do it, they will do it. Like the previous poster said, stop, and so will they.

PS - Pretty sure you had orcs defending scion mid retrieve too. This kind of stuff is laughable. Stop playing like you do, and maybe you'll get a legit game in return.

AbernyteSat 17-Sep-22 04:57 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
972 posts
#143440, "$hitty deaths will always happen because of $hitty peop..."
In response to Reply #4

Like the dark-elf warmaster who, with the help of out of range lowbie healer, brings a duergar blade with about 6-7 ranks advantage over wood-elf warrior scout, into the village to rescue said duergar at the destructor with the sole purpose of getting a PK win for said duergar.

It was a $hitty death and some may argue that it is a very imperial thing to do and maybe it is, so I didn't fuss about it too much. Or when empire calls in the chaotic orcs to defend the Empire because Empire has no pride.

It's CF man and we all die and we get pissed because we are human and we get over it and if we choose to get back into the game again it is because ultimately we like the challenge. It is only when $####ty behaviour becomes the norm and everyone treats each other in the same manner that the game becomes too toxic to enjoy. Let's hope that never happens.

JhyrbianMon 05-Sep-22 06:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#143394, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend..."
In response to Reply #2

Good thing you posted anonymously to hide the fact that you know approximately jack ####.

Thokran (Anonymous)Wed 07-Sep-22 04:55 PM
Charter member
#143402, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zeskabal Zang'nar the Legend..."
In response to Reply #1

And again, no war master...hells...

Zeskabal (Anonymous)Wed 07-Sep-22 07:37 PM
Charter member
#143405, "In my defence I deleted before the Mino, just took awhi..."
In response to Reply #7

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #143386 Previous topic | Next topic