Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142941
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 18-May-22 09:45 PM
Member since 28th Mar 2024
16748 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142941, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of the Misty Ruins, Captain of the Brigade"

Tue May 17 18:34:11 2022

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Eilela perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:801

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply What can I say?, Thormmstein (Anonymous), 24-May-22 10:22 PM, #13
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of..., Oneofyourenemies (Anonymous), 18-May-22 07:34 PM, #9
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of..., Oneofyourenemies (Anonymous), 19-May-22 12:30 AM, #10
Reply (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of the..., Eilela Goodbye (Anonymous), 18-May-22 10:30 AM, #4
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of..., Welverin, 18-May-22 01:00 PM, #5
Reply I consider it a massive improvement, Artificial, 18-May-22 02:40 PM, #7
Reply Well done., Ash (Anonymous), 18-May-22 01:37 PM, #6
Reply impressive, dro, 18-May-22 05:35 PM, #8
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of..., Zxti-whatever (Tika) (Anonymous), 19-May-22 12:34 AM, #11
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of..., Dichael (Anonymous), 19-May-22 01:02 PM, #12
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of..., Dohri (Anonymous), 18-May-22 07:35 AM, #2
Reply From qhcf, JohnEveryMan, 18-May-22 07:00 AM, #1
     Reply RE: From qhcf, mourningstar, 18-May-22 09:22 AM, #3

Thormmstein (Anonymous)Tue 24-May-22 10:22 PM
Charter member
#143008, "What can I say?"
In response to Reply #0

The little elven wisp of a girl with kamikaze fire and titanium spine. I remember coming in to help heal you when you were in teens and thinking "Wait, she is going to do WHAT?!" and then pick my jaw up off the floor when you would pull your escapades. And of course, that one time when I simply couldn't heal you quick enough when you charged a group of three, as you customarily did.

I haven't seen such balls to the wall since Amriith. I think you were possibly TOO zealous (if that's possible) for a Captain. But it definitely was damned inspiring.

The other point to touch on: 801 hours. Damn. You were on ALL the time, whenever I logged on. Kudos on that.

Oneofyourenemies (Anonymous)Wed 18-May-22 07:34 PM
Charter member
#142951, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of..."
In response to Reply #0

I full looted you, then later I killed you and I took nothing. So now you know who is posting.

I'd like to apologize for that full loot. At the time I was a bit disgusted by the imm rewards of your char, especially given the imm nerfs of my own char. So that was why it happened.

But at some point I realised, this is one of the few guys that actually wants to fight me. And it would be even more boring without you. So it seemed like the wrong action to take. Plus you seemed like a decent enough guy.

RE: your comments about jaguar vs cheetah comparison. That's not the point. If I was water/air and was given the Cheetah I would be over the moon. In fact, there is probably not a lot of difference between those two forms as you say. If you were an offense/air shifter, I am sure nobody would complain about you getting jaguar.

Some people hide from air shifters under water (but you had shark), some people hide from shifters on the road (but you had owl), normally the counter is to just beat the owl and avoid water, but you had jaguar. Then some people may avoid your session but you often played 16 hours straight. You were aggressive to the one person you could not kill, I can only imagine the horror you imposed on everyone else.

Oneofyourenemies (Anonymous)Thu 19-May-22 12:30 AM
Charter member
#142954, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of..."
In response to Reply #9

Re: your comment on QHCF.
Change in my playing times was not you. You were only ever potentially close to killing me in one of the fort ganks, I took a certain educated guess that everyone performing their role perfectly wouldn't happen, which was the case. I guess it's hard to coordinate in form

I don't think I was that hurt prior to the teleport, Just had the worst destination possible, so that doesn't count

I sometimes play less when a char gets boring, rather than delete. Future player base movements can always make it fun again. You were all in til the bitter end and as a leader, that's the right thing to do.

Good luck with your next.

Eilela Goodbye (Anonymous)Wed 18-May-22 10:30 AM
Charter member
#142945, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of the..."
In response to Reply #0

I tried to post these to the officials but no matter what I try, I simply cannot post on officials. IMMS claim I'm not banned in a couple different emails, and yet no matter what I do I cannot post there. Even when I switch computers and wifi and all that. So I'm going to post goodbyes here and maybe someone will be nice enough to copy and paste them to my death thread on officials.

First of all, I rolled Eilela because I had a really interesting idea for an out of form shifter. Eilela was chaotic/good Elf Shapeshifter Air/Water. Eilela was my first and only air shifter. Playing an air shifter for over 800 hours has been very eye opening and I will take the lessons learned with me.

Role:

Eilela was the middle child of seven sisters. Her sisters were all exceptional and accomplished. Some were beautiful, others were warriors and so on. Eilela was rather unremarkable and plain, which is why she didn't get as much attention growing up as her sisters. She eventually just left Darsylon, mostly unnoticed, and started her career with the driving force that she wanted to be noticed and remarkable as well. She was a Darsylon Elf and that meant a lot to her. She was High Elf through and through, and it took her a while to get over her stuck-upness. However, when she finally came around, she was quite the pleasant and fun character to be around.

She was meant to be active and aggressive. She was meant to serve her lady Baerinika through and through.

Forms:

Rooster - A fun first form with the added bonus of being able to nest.

Yellowjacket - Very useful in many ways. My first form I was able to fly. Poison is nice. Some dam redux is nice. Hits hard.

Electric Eel - A more PK friendly lower tier form. I wanted caiman, but we don't always get what we want.

Boulder Hawk - An EXCELLENT form that really helped give Eilela some more depth and different tactics. I thought about swapping out for Pseudodragon, but I'm happy I didn't.

Hippo - An outstanding lower tier form. Great in the low ranks.

Owl - Such an awesome form. I'm very very lucky to have received this form and I wouldn't have had any other air form.

Shark - I got Squid then rolled into shark. Shark is what it is. Very powerful. Very strong, but mostly tanking with its face.

Sleek Black Jaguar - What an awesome form. Just excellent. Far from OP, but very very good. For the record, to anyone who says Black Jaguar is OP, Cheetah beat Jaguar in most 1v1 fights. Just saying...

Baerinika:

You were an excellent IMM and I'm very glad I had the chance to serve as your Speaker. It took me a while to get some comfort in your religion, and that likely showed. Still, I felt I figured it out overall. Your religion is very much a "create your own story" religion which is very nice and refreshing. I never felt like I was being pushed or pulled any way. It always felt like you were just watching and reacting to the character that I was trying to create which was awesome. Thank you so much for allowing me to flourish in your religion. After I played Amriith, I was very impressed by you and I wanted to give it a real go. I'm very happy with the results and I'm glad to have made a Baer follower. I hope I did you proud and I recommend you to anyone who's interested in making a more PK forward character.

Goodbyes:

Dohri - You are an exceptional player and you made this game more fun for me and everyone around you. Well done.

Rolen - You know how to PK very well, and you were very fun to be around. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Salera: I'm happy to help you along as much as I could. I hope you keep trucking. You seem very interesting and fun. Good luck.

Zxt (Arial Shaman) - I forget exactly how to spell your name, but it was a blast playing with you, and I'm happy we had the fun fights we did.

Azorinne - You seem like a lot of fun. Thank you for your presence and attention.

Ceva - You were the stand-out character from Eilela's perspective. You gave it all, no quits. You stuck to it when most would have given up. I gained so much respect for you, as a player, you have no idea. TRULY well done.

Thormmstein - You were fun and a pleasure to be around.

Gwendelya - An outstanding character that truly stands out.

That's about it. If I missed you, I'm sorry. Give a shout on my death thread, even if I can't reply. I'll reply in spirit.

WelverinWed 18-May-22 01:00 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142946, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of..."
In response to Reply #4

moved from dios

So, where to go....

The good:
I was uber impressed with the out of form PK your did with this one. Solid PK skills. Great presence for fort, and I'm sure in lots of ways great RP with folks, I never got to see a ton of it, but I hear that it was there. Congrats on a truly impactful character

The Bad:
Having seen your character grow and progress across multiple of my own(yeah I know I should stick it out) You were way selfish in PK for a Fortie. Your early ranks, you were constantly looking for hero support over CB to help you land kills. I can't tell you how much it made me cringe the sense of entitlement that came across(I doubt it was intentional) on CB when you were calling for support for your PK's when most of us had our own to get done. You seemed to have struggles on goodie specific stuff that most of us serial goodies just take for granted. Not sure I can come up with specific examples, and maybe you were just RP'ing it that way.

The Ugly:
You were so over the top aggressive in PvE and PvP you got people killed A LOT, which is kinda anti-leader for a fort leader in my opinion. I don't mind the aggressive nature, in fact it something that fort desperately needs some times. But it has to be balanced with caring for and watching out for the folks in the cabal you are a leader for. Maran = Soldier = Killer. Fort leader = protector, advisor and teacher.

All in all, good char. Just cringy in certain parts. GLWYN

ArtificialWed 18-May-22 02:39 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#142949, "I consider it a massive improvement"
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Wed 18-May-22 02:40 PM

His previous chars were so embarrassingly conservative that this was a breath of fresh air.

And a baer maran is supposed to be reckless abandon killing evils, not #### footing oh no my bitch allies might die on the path.

Great job on the char. Much respect.

Ash (Anonymous)Wed 18-May-22 01:37 PM
Charter member
#142947, "Well done."
In response to Reply #4

Though again we did not do much together, I thought of you as a kindred spirit to Rolen, both even elves and similar with your aggressive stance setting a good example for the rest. You always seemed to be out there either fighting or scouting for others, while also finding the time to preach the faith. Well played!

droWed 18-May-22 05:35 PM
Member since 16th Feb 2019
65 posts
#142950, "impressive"
In response to Reply #4

stroke guy-
met you across a bunch of souls nary a bad impression
the first of which was mid range i was playing a duerg pincer spec imperial i remember logging on to no codex and our moobish assassin as my awake ally the future emperor. spoke about you with caution like you were handing him his ass. im going ok elf shifter im pincer spec whats his forms?
he doesntuse forms. just wands. i go WHAT?! i think this is someone even my one handed ass can kill lets go retrieve.
i think you killed ceva and then msde me run. i did end up getting you but you changed my mind. made me want to play on your team.
next time we met i had a fire sword spec imperial i cant remember his name but he just eyejabbed you every time you swooped i had a plan to kill you but i never could hero that character. was tough times for empire then
you were always a classy enemy
did not think the jaguar was op i thought the sword spec coulda beat it if he prepped ok. i had a no magic room i was gonna entwine you in. i was absolutely sure your hubris would have folllowed me in i suppose i could have retreated there too and forced a pounce
next meeting is a still living char we did some pve i was pretty impressed how tanky the jag is i expected more of a ram or something
glwyn

Zxti-whatever (Tika) (Anonymous)Thu 19-May-22 12:34 AM
Charter member
#142955, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of..."
In response to Reply #4

Eilela was the epiphany of full-throttle attack mode. I remember watching her come up the ranks, taking on beefcakes while out of form and thinking to myself, "I'm glad she's on my side." There was almost nothing in Tika's life more exciting than our fights, the way they tended to domino into a cascade of blood and death. Thank you for your leadership as Captain all those years. It's because of you that Tika realized she was gearing wrong (that outburst had me cackling with laughter at my own obvious stupidity but of course Tika was paying close attention) and that change alone made a noticeable difference in her survivability. But she also learned the importance of taking the initiative whenever we had momentum and I am guessing that an awful lot of other squires and Maran learned much of the same during Eilela's tenure. Also, thanks for your patience with all the newb-moves. Really, I can't stress enough how much Eilela impacted Zickty. It was a true and utter blast.

Dichael (Anonymous)Thu 19-May-22 01:02 PM
Charter member
#142956, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of..."
In response to Reply #4

Well done but I don't even get a mention? I'm hurt, well not that hurt.

This was good just trying to be more wary of your allies, but that is my complaint for most of the Fortress. Good luck with your next

Dohri (Anonymous)Wed 18-May-22 07:35 AM
Charter member
#142943, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Eilela Eldwhen the Speaker of..."
In response to Reply #0

You were a wonderful Captain! I had such a good time with you. I only wish that I could have saved you more. I still get irritated thinking of some of the fights where I failed to help. But you were just wonderful. I loved your description, by the way.

JohnEveryManWed 18-May-22 07:00 AM
Member since 25th Aug 2012
247 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142942, "From qhcf"
In response to Reply #0

http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?3,1127114,1127114#msg-1127114

Sent from my Iphone

mourningstarWed 18-May-22 09:22 AM
Member since 22nd Mar 2021
31 posts
#142944, "RE: From qhcf"
In response to Reply #1

I have this same problem k-b mentions but I can't post on any other forum except battlegrounds. These forums truly are a piece of antiquated ####, I doubt you're actually banned, k-b. Ishuli has gone crazy trying to figure out why I can't post on the bug board...

Great character!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142941 Previous topic | Next topic