Subject: "(AUTO) [SCION] Durzan the Master of Defense" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122725
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 18-Dec-14 06:55 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122725, "(AUTO) [SCION] Durzan the Master of Defense"

Thu Dec 18 17:53:19 2014

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Durzan perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:32
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:122

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HumbertFri 19-Dec-14 05:02 PM
Member since 13th Jun 2009
179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122728, "RE: (AUTO) [SCION] Durzan the Master of Defense"
In response to Reply #0

I made this character to try CF out again after a long time away. Unfortunately my internet went down, and I couldn't play, so I had to let Durzan autodelete.

Thanks to the enemies (Scion Durzan really didn't have many friends) for all the fights.

It was fun, and I think I managed a somewhat sub-par PK ratio (by my standards for a duergar sword spec). Either I've become rusty, or the remaining playerbase has a higher average skill level than before. I'm thinking it's a combination of both

SarienFri 19-Dec-14 09:03 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#122727, "Poop."
In response to Reply #0

Liked fighting/talking/etc with you as Fenx.

Another class act, Starbright.

HumbertFri 19-Dec-14 05:07 PM
Member since 13th Jun 2009
179 posts
#122729, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Fri 19-Dec-14 05:11 PM

I liked Fenx too, you were always up for a scrap and you did both victory and defeat graciously and with good sportsmanship.

I must say it was seriously frustrating having to fight you. Your combo countered mine so hard I was at a loss to beat you. That one time when your resist fell - I got lucky. Most of the time if you went with fists, I would lose the melee. I thought you must have chosen the edge for unarmed fighting, but it appears you didn't. If you did I think I would've fared much worse.

And one doesn't expect to lose melee fights as a sword spec with 100% defenses and all weapons (except whips) and riposte (not 100%, but still helps). I wonder if it would've gone better if I'd switched to dual maces or something, even without spec skills?

Edit to add: Oh, and I usually had +13 str and +7 dex - more than enough to cover a single kotegaeshi or kansetsuwaza. And the melee fights were mostly without both effects on at the same time.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122725 Previous topic | Next topic