Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Gwydien the Eclipsed, Seeker of a New ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122662
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 15-Dec-14 03:28 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122662, "(DELETED) [None] Gwydien the Eclipsed, Seeker of a New Course"

Mon Dec 15 14:26:08 2014

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Gwydien perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:159

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply General thoughts/goodbyes, KaguMaru, 15-Dec-14 06:42 PM, #11
Reply RE: General thoughts/goodbyes, Tovyn (Anonymous), 15-Dec-14 09:36 PM, #12
Reply RE: General thoughts/goodbyes, Magner (Anonymous), 15-Dec-14 11:38 PM, #13
Reply You.... IDIOT!, Serahsti (Anonymous), 16-Dec-14 12:10 AM, #14
Reply Interesting All Around, Kalinthos (Anonymous), 16-Dec-14 11:26 AM, #15
Reply RE: General thoughts/goodbyes, Keara (Anonymous), 16-Dec-14 11:48 AM, #16
Reply RE: General thoughts/goodbyes, Von (Anonymous), 17-Dec-14 04:01 PM, #17
Reply Thanks for the rp, Tsalantha (Anonymous), 15-Dec-14 05:09 PM, #4
Reply RE: Thanks for the rp, KaguMaru, 15-Dec-14 06:20 PM, #9
Reply Good job, laxman, 15-Dec-14 05:08 PM, #3
Reply RE: Good job, KaguMaru, 15-Dec-14 05:49 PM, #7
Reply Thanks!, Olansir (Anonymous), 15-Dec-14 04:53 PM, #2
Reply Yeah low/mid mages are such a grind and nobody wants to..., KaguMaru, 15-Dec-14 05:47 PM, #6
Reply Well done. Good roleplaying. , Aoirse (Anonymous), 15-Dec-14 06:12 PM, #8
     Reply Thanks, KaguMaru, 15-Dec-14 06:24 PM, #10
Reply Much Appreciated, Undul, 15-Dec-14 04:31 PM, #1
     Reply Guessing who you are, KaguMaru, 15-Dec-14 05:38 PM, #5

KaguMaruMon 15-Dec-14 06:42 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122677, "General thoughts/goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

First goodie, first character with flaws, first character with self-imposed limitations (beyond flaws). Goodie conjurer is so much easier than (pre-change) evil conjurer it's not even funny - and I'd say more powerful to boot. Devils are probably a little more deathful than archons, but the potential for deathfulness with an archon is definitely there.

I'd only intended to play this character for 100 hours or so but I enjoyed RPing enough to keep him going longer. Although, I see what other people are complaining about now with regards fortress promotions. It seemed to me that getting the rest of the cabal powers was something that might never happen, and if it did, it'd take longer than I was willing to wait for it. Especially acolytes - full Maran powers have always looked good from the other side, but Acolyte powers seem like they'd only be a game changer for this particular build.

Lots of fort people RP well and I'd say the typical standard seems better than in Empire (by no means a hard and fast rule, only the vaguest of generalisations). Actually interacting with Keara beyond trying to bash him for once was a pleasure. Yet another of my characters you outlived!

I'd like to apologise to Avderlain for screwing up as a follower when the religion's new. The interactions we had were great, and the religion was the thing that inspired me to try a goodie in the first place, though if I did it again I'd probably attempt a shaman, and actively try to incapacitate enemies. It was a real effort not to PK aggressively, and eventually I couldn't keep it up anymore.

People who haven't posted or been mentioned so far - Yuolud and Serahsti, amazing stuff from both of you. Sorry to everyone who had unfulfilled hopes for me, but the restrictions I put on myself became too much for me to retain interest once I'd heroed and done all the solo exploring I reasonably could.

I did enjoy seeing it from the other side but I don't think I'll be playing another goodie for my next. I'll probably stay away for a little while and come back with a turbo A-P sometime in the future.

Tovyn (Anonymous)Mon 15-Dec-14 09:36 PM
Charter member
#122678, "RE: General thoughts/goodbyes"
In response to Reply #11

I'm very sad to see this, as I could tell there were potential angles with the character that no other Fortress member could come close to. I was a little behind the curve, as I was starting to cook up some plans that I hoped would help push you a little bit towards where you were apparently already headed . It seemed like there was some fresh ideas/original theology going on with you that I was very enamored with, both IC and OOC, and I'm bummed we won't get to have those conversations we were planning on.

Good, interesting char, imho. GLWYN!

Magner (Anonymous)Mon 15-Dec-14 11:38 PM
Charter member
#122679, "RE: General thoughts/goodbyes"
In response to Reply #11

You were a tough fight. You seemed pretty confident with what you were doing. I got the sense I didn't worry you too much. Good conjies are tough, especially on a duergar! Definitely some fun fights though.

I thought it was cool you took the time to find out what Magner was about and I appreciated the gesture with the berries as it seemed something that someone in your position ought to do. While I'm sure it would work mechanically, it just isn't supposed to in the role I'm trying to play.

Good luck with your next AP then! BWAHAHA!

Serahsti (Anonymous)Tue 16-Dec-14 12:10 AM
Charter member
#122680, "You.... IDIOT!"
In response to Reply #11

Really sorry to see this. I was hoping you'd make it past the change to get yourself back to magic and Lightwalker status.

Had a great time with our interactions, though. Very well done on the RP, and good luck with your next. Here's hoping your next isn't trying to kill me. :p

Kalinthos (Anonymous)Tue 16-Dec-14 11:26 AM
Charter member
#122687, "Interesting All Around"
In response to Reply #11

Enjoyed talking with you, exploring a bit with you, and figuring out, the best I could, what made your character tick. Good stuff, sorry you couldn't see it through.

Keara (Anonymous)Tue 16-Dec-14 11:48 AM
Charter member
#122688, "RE: General thoughts/goodbyes"
In response to Reply #11

Enjoyed our interactions (again), glad I wasn't on the receiving end of your bashes.

And sorry I didn't have more knowledge to give you about conjurers. I've spent time with some good ones, both good and evil, and hell if I just don't pay enough attention to things.

Good luck with the next one, even if you do end up spamming bash keara ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Von (Anonymous)Wed 17-Dec-14 04:01 PM
Charter member
#122705, "RE: General thoughts/goodbyes"
In response to Reply #11

That was kind of a surprise - contrary to what you were thinking yourself. You gave me the impression of a not-your-typical conjurer, I cannot really pinpoint it, just a feeling; but I am perfectly fine for that. Can't have you gaunting in the Fort though, a pity. See you around in the fields!

Tsalantha (Anonymous)Mon 15-Dec-14 05:09 PM
Charter member
#122670, "Thanks for the rp"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed the time I spent with you. It was really refreshing to see someone willing to give up their cabal powers and support network for rp.

I understand why imms strip spells and supplications for an alignment change but I thought you rp'd it well enough that you would generate enough interest to make your period of downtime short. I was pulling for you to get into scarab and start rocking your stuff, if you could be less suicidal than the last evil conjurer you played.

I gave your commentary to Scarabaeus, so you know. I get the impression he didn't know you had deleted yet.

Hope to see you in the fields again soon.

GLWYN.

KaguMaruMon 15-Dec-14 06:20 PM
805 posts
#122675, "RE: Thanks for the rp"
In response to Reply #4

If I'd known he'd log on tonight I might have held out. I'd have liked to have seen what he made of them. But honestly, I couldn't really bring myself to go full scarabite evil, as tempting as it was (I was trying to go over justifications to start slaughtering goodie mobs etc without the transition being too jarring but couldn't justify it). And I know that RP isn't enough where scarab is involved. I went over and over the methods in my head but even pulling out all the stops I just couldn't conceive of a way to seal a kill on an ungimped hero as a conjurer without spells. We might have done it together, I think I was actually hitting harder in melee than you (but presumably that wasn't your PK weapon).

Even so, I'd already burned out on the character. Flipping out and getting betrayered happened after I had already stopped having fun inside the limits of my original role.

And I still regret that last conjurer con-dying so early. I was actually at 6 con when I deleted this one, so any return to power, however glorious, would have been short lived.

laxmanMon 15-Dec-14 05:07 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#122669, "Good job"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 15-Dec-14 05:08 PM

You had a lot of presence and it sounds like you did a good job of helping out other folk.

Good job dude.

KaguMaruMon 15-Dec-14 05:49 PM
805 posts
#122673, "RE: Good job"
In response to Reply #3

Thanks. I like to think I always help people out, even when I play really sociopathic evils. If anything it was harder to do with this character because of the restrictions I imposed on myself, I couldn't dump gear on people the same way as I do when there's no problem killing mobs willy-nilly.

Olansir (Anonymous)Mon 15-Dec-14 04:53 PM
Charter member
#122666, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for all the help! This was my first char in a few years and I was a bit rusty. Showing me around the Sanctum made things a lot easier on me. GLWYN

KaguMaruMon 15-Dec-14 05:47 PM
805 posts
#122672, "Yeah low/mid mages are such a grind and nobody wants to..."
In response to Reply #2

So knowing how to use what's there to get over that bump is a really big deal. Sorry we never got to do the exploring, but I had burned out some time before I actually pulled the trigger. Anyway, thanks for being there to show the sanctum to and tag along, it made it much less monotonous.

Aoirse (Anonymous)Mon 15-Dec-14 06:12 PM
Charter member
#122674, "Well done. Good roleplaying. "
In response to Reply #2

Hope you enjoy our fights and interactions.

GLWYN

KaguMaruMon 15-Dec-14 06:24 PM
805 posts
#122676, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #8

Little constructive criticism though, your own RP, while consistent, seemed a little shallow. I never got a sense from you of WHY you thought magic was bad. Don't take that the wrong way, you have a solid character, but a little more nuance would make him more interesting.

UndulMon 15-Dec-14 04:31 PM
Member since 15th Dec 2014
1 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122665, "Much Appreciated"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 15-Dec-14 04:31 PM

You were ridiculously nice to one of my characters considering the degree to which I don't know what I'm doing was probably quite annoying. Just wanted to say that I appreciated that. GLWYN.

KaguMaruMon 15-Dec-14 05:38 PM
805 posts
#122671, "Guessing who you are"
In response to Reply #1

You should be on a good footing now if you can manage not to lose it all before you rank up a bit. Use the IC connections you've already made to acquire the knowledge to do that. It's really difficult to get over that hump but it will be worth it once you do, even if you do lose it. Good luck!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122662 Previous topic | Next topic