Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cabaq Freeman the Claw of the Jagu..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122342
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 07-Nov-14 07:10 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122342, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cabaq Freeman the Claw of the Jaguar, Marshall of the Fortress"

Wed Nov 5 05:47:30 2014

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Cabaq perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:328

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Glad to have met the character, Yllonis (Anonymous), 21-Nov-14 08:28 PM, #26
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cabaq Freeman the Claw of the ..., Keara (Anonymous), 12-Nov-14 06:54 PM, #25
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cabaq Freeman the Claw of the ..., Tam (Anonymous), 07-Nov-14 02:18 PM, #14
Reply Obviously I thought you are an evil shifter., A lowbie neutral/chaotic applicant assassin (Anonymous), 07-Nov-14 05:46 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Obviously I thought you are an evil shifter., Daevryn, 07-Nov-14 08:24 AM, #2
          Reply How do you justify a full loot as a goodie?, TJHuron, 07-Nov-14 11:43 AM, #3
          Reply Cognitive Dissonance (n/t), N b M, 07-Nov-14 01:03 PM, #4
          Reply I suppose I'll bite here..., Destuvius, 07-Nov-14 01:07 PM, #5
          Reply Let's see., The assassin. (Anonymous), 07-Nov-14 01:39 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Let's see., Destuvius, 07-Nov-14 01:46 PM, #8
               Reply Either you didn't follow correctly or .., The assassin. (Anonymous), 07-Nov-14 02:07 PM, #10
               Reply I think that:, Sarien, 07-Nov-14 02:16 PM, #21
                    Reply Full loot vs. loot, The assassin. (Anonymous), 07-Nov-14 02:33 PM, #15
               Reply Loot Rules, mackle, 10-Nov-14 01:54 AM, #22
          Reply Yeah I saw the log and it got me fired up, TJHuron, 07-Nov-14 02:54 PM, #16
               Reply Not defending Full Looting, Destuvius, 07-Nov-14 03:14 PM, #17
                    Reply Yeah I agree that distinction makes a difference, TJHuron, 07-Nov-14 03:35 PM, #18
                    Reply Well said, incognito, 07-Nov-14 05:09 PM, #20
                    Reply You booted me from nexus for a perceived full-loot. nt, Amander (Anonymous), 07-Nov-14 04:24 PM, #19
          Reply Lets see if I can explain this in detail for you., Zephon, 07-Nov-14 01:09 PM, #6
               Reply Partially true:, The assassin. (Anonymous), 07-Nov-14 02:11 PM, #11
          Reply The point is that the assassin was not evil., The assassin. (Anonymous), 07-Nov-14 01:49 PM, #9
          Reply This is what I don't get., Cleauseau, 07-Nov-14 02:16 PM, #12
               Reply Rager., The assassin. (Anonymous), 07-Nov-14 02:17 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Obviously I thought you are an evil shifter., Hutto, 10-Nov-14 07:31 AM, #23
               Reply Lol, that's just brilliant, Murphy, 10-Nov-14 09:50 AM, #24

Yllonis (Anonymous)Fri 21-Nov-14 08:28 PM
Charter member
#122438, "Glad to have met the character"
In response to Reply #0

Figured I would give you a shout out as well. I liked what I saw from Cabaq and it gave Yllonis alot of perspective on my religion and how to be a Scribe. I wish we would have gotten the chance to debate more on dogma and what not. GLWYN

Keara (Anonymous)Wed 12-Nov-14 06:54 PM
Charter member
#122400, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cabaq Freeman the Claw of the ..."
In response to Reply #0

I thought Cabaq was a great character, and I really enjoyed all of our interactions, limited though they were. I don't know that I have saw the Blaguar in action once you got it, but from what I saw, if there was a goodie shifter deserving, it was you.

RP was good, killing was good. Best of luck with the next, whatever you're choose to play!

K

Tam (Anonymous)Fri 07-Nov-14 02:18 PM
Charter member
#122372, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cabaq Freeman the Claw of the ..."
In response to Reply #0

You looked me up once and showed me a place for something I had not known, but probably should have. I couldn't quite justify a close relationship with Orderly Fortress so I lost out on the opportunity to interact more. Good luck on your next.

A lowbie neutral/chaotic applicant assassin (Anonymous)Fri 07-Nov-14 05:45 AM
Charter member
#122357, "Obviously I thought you are an evil shifter."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 07-Nov-14 05:46 AM

I attacked you in the sanctum and gave you the upper hand of the magic there, and you full looted (FULL) me. I didn't care at all and thought you are an evil shifter. But when I saw you as an initiate of a jaguar... The jaguar should look more closely.
Now that you are gone, I will post the log on the other forum.

Edited: It was my only interaction with the char, so I never was a fan.

GLWYN

DaevrynFri 07-Nov-14 08:24 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122358, "RE: Obviously I thought you are an evil shifter."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Fri 07-Nov-14 08:24 AM

I don't know enough about this character to have an opinion on them one way or another, but what does alignment have to do with looting someone who tried to murder you?

Edit: Alignment or Baer-ness would be a better question. I don't think either is relevant.

TJHuronFri 07-Nov-14 11:43 AM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122360, "How do you justify a full loot as a goodie?"
In response to Reply #2

I can't really see how. He was clearly being an asshole. The player bleeds through. Evil plays a goodie.

N b MFri 07-Nov-14 01:03 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#122361, "Cognitive Dissonance (n/t)"
In response to Reply #3

DestuviusFri 07-Nov-14 01:07 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#122362, "I suppose I'll bite here..."
In response to Reply #3

Why is full looting something that has an alignment associated with it? If Cabaq was evil, then would he still be an asshole if he full looted the guy?

I guess my biggest question to you would be are you upset that a full loot occured or that a full loot occured when the person who did it was good aligned?

The assassin. (Anonymous)Fri 07-Nov-14 01:39 PM
Charter member
#122364, "Let's see."
In response to Reply #5

To be honest, I didn't like to be full looted, and try to avoid looting myself. But I don't mind a lot, if an evil loots or if an evil full loots.

Regarding the case, I was sad to see later that the shifter is a LIGHT walker. Remember that the assassin was not evil.

DestuviusFri 07-Nov-14 01:46 PM
1012 posts
#122365, "RE: Let's see."
In response to Reply #7

Im attempting to see if I follow this correctly:

You attacked Cabaq. Cabaq then kills you and loots all your gear.

You think Cabaq is uber lame because you learned way later that he is good align, but you only dislike it because he is good align?

There is exactly 0 wrong in an RP sense with a goodie dropping a full loot in 99% of situations, just like there is 0 wrong in an RP sense with an evil dropping a full loot in 99% of situations. As Zephon was kind enough to point out, often sportsmanship trumps RP in an effort to keep the fun level higher.

The assassin. (Anonymous)Fri 07-Nov-14 02:07 PM
Charter member
#122367, "Either you didn't follow correctly or .."
In response to Reply #8

I didn't say it in a right way.

Yes. I attacked Cabal and he killed me and full looted.
It tasted not well (does it ever tastes well?) to get the full loot, but as always I said to myself "OK. he just caused me wasting half an hour wasting time to gather all that again, but well.. I don't know why he has done it, most likely should fit his RP"

What I think about Cabal now is: next time act carefully and be more prepared, and expect a probable full loot, so don't get sad if it ended that way again.

Later I see the char is one of the light. Does it make him uber lame? not just one single encounter, and that's why I kept this till the char's death.

Why do I talk about it now? But I never can understand how a good RP can result in full-looting a blank-past neutral assassin. I am talking about it so the player can do it better next time, or others tell me that it's totally acceptable in their eyes, and I change my expectations from good RP.

And I absolutely deny accepting what you said about 0 wrong in RP and such, for the good aligned chars. Again, it is not constructive for the game if evils full loot, but it's not bad RP. it is not constructive for the game if goods full loot, and it's bad RP in the very case we talk about.

SarienFri 07-Nov-14 07:10 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#122369, "I think that:"
In response to Reply #10

Looting has nothing to do with RP.

The "RP" things I see in your interaction with Cabaq are.

Neutral Assassin attacks Good Mage(Fine RP wise)
Good Mage forces Neutral Assassin to flee, then decides to finish him off (Fine RP wise)

That is the end of the RP, Looting is irrelevant

The ONLY thing that could have been BAD rp, is if good mage attacks neutral assassin without reason/warning/whatever. But, Neutral assassin attacking first gives good mage the "RP reason" to follow/kill/loot/whatever

The assassin. (Anonymous)Fri 07-Nov-14 02:31 PM
Charter member
#122373, "Full loot vs. loot"
In response to Reply #21
Edited on Fri 07-Nov-14 02:33 PM

Looting is not wrong at all. Just direct consequence of PK-win.
Full-looting when you have no real reason (weakening enemy, getting your items back, ...) is another story, and should have the prerequisite independent RP reasons.

Edit: I didn't intend to hijack the thread. I won't post anymore.

mackleMon 10-Nov-14 01:54 AM
Member since 08th Mar 2014
237 posts
#122387, "Loot Rules"
In response to Reply #8

Here are the unofficial sac loot rules.

1) Don't sac loot because of your roleplay reasons, it's lame. An exception might be ragers, they should sac visible wands/pots (but no need to dig them out of the girdle).
2) Don't sac loot because you don't like their characters roleplay.
3) Especially don't sac loot if the person showed guts taking you on.
4) Especially don't sac loot if you ganged them.
5) Do sac loot if the person has been harassing you.
6) Do sac loot if the person has been abusive to you.
7) Do sac loot if they already done that to you.

Sac looting is like telling your opponent, I am lucky i got you and now I will destroy your stuff otherwise next time you likely will kill me. So the opposite is like, have your stuff, you are no match for me.

In the case of Cabaq, a shifter with no form, these classes are always getting bashed by warriors and orcs at low level. I found the log impressive, lowbie mage revenge. Then it was a bit of a downer to see he sac'ed his gear. If you suspect a re-attack on unghosting, then partial sac weapons a few pieces of armor. It is so lame to destroy someones food and drink!!

I was responsible for charm person spell being removed from the game because of its abuse with, charm, gate, order all drop all, sac 1. sac 1. sac 1.. So as a reformed more mature player I know a thing or two about being a di(k from both sides of the equation.

TJHuronFri 07-Nov-14 02:54 PM
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122375, "Yeah I saw the log and it got me fired up"
In response to Reply #5

Disagree with me if you want. I don't care. Full looting someone for no reason is a despicable thing to do. You are purposely going out of your way to ruin someone's day in pastime we are all here to enjoy. I personally have zero respect for that kind of pathetic ####. Doesn't matter the alignment. I know it exists and is probably warranted as retaliation in some instances but I think it's excessive and plain mean. Take a few things and be done. Isn't the fact you just killed them enough? Or are you suck a #### you need to twist the knife more?

It did get me thinking because that act is so deplorable in my opinion how you'd justify it as a goodie. Which is why I asked the question.

If you think it's justifiable then we don't see eye to eye. Are you defending full looting?

DestuviusFri 07-Nov-14 03:11 PM
1012 posts
#122376, "Not defending Full Looting"
In response to Reply #16
Edited on Fri 07-Nov-14 03:14 PM

Just making sure that the hate on full looting isnt based on the alignment of the character doing it and that it is rooted in the action.

Hating full looting in all its forms is a totally different thing to me than thinking full loots are acceptable if someone has a red aura instead of a gold aura.

*Edit*
And while I do not support full looting, I will also not punish someone for it because it can have some RP reasoning behind it.

TJHuronFri 07-Nov-14 03:35 PM
1132 posts
#122377, "Yeah I agree that distinction makes a difference"
In response to Reply #17

And I also don't blame you for not punishing those you see doing it. For better or worse, it exists as part of the game.

We're a community, a shrinking one at that, of people who enjoy playing the same obscure text mud. Why not have a little respect for each other?

incognitoFri 07-Nov-14 05:09 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122381, "Well said"
In response to Reply #18

This behaviour does not help player numbers. At the very least there's effectively one less player while he regears , more if he takes time to cool off, and more still if he quits. There's no real need for full saccing either.

That said I don't buy the "attacked in there to give the advantage". A skilful assassin should catch him pants down anyway, or at least have moves to escape.

Amander (Anonymous)Fri 07-Nov-14 04:24 PM
Charter member
#122378, "You booted me from nexus for a perceived full-loot. nt"
In response to Reply #17

nt

ZephonFri 07-Nov-14 01:09 PM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
#122363, "Lets see if I can explain this in detail for you."
In response to Reply #3

It is fully within the capacity of a goodie to full loot/full sac. Especially when you are talking about someone who tried to kill you. Destroying an evil person's gear is actually a valid RP standpoint, you do not want them to be at full power. The difference is this game has an idea of sportsmanship which seems to go beyond RP sometimes. There is a fine line between fulling for RP/revenge reasons and full sacking because you want to ruin someone else's fun. I personally wouldn't do it often but I might if someone really pisses me off. If it happens to me, I try to take it on the chin. Then calmly plot a way to get ahead. There is nothing more satisfying than killing the person who fulled you.

Anyway, hate to high-jack a death thread. But don't assume "He was clearly being an asshole." Not that I can vouch for the player, looks like it was claimed on Dios, but I like to give the benefit of the doubt.

The assassin. (Anonymous)Fri 07-Nov-14 02:11 PM
Charter member
#122368, "Partially true:"
In response to Reply #6

>>>>>> Destroying an evil person's gear is actually a valid RP standpoint,
>>>>>> you do not want them to be at full power.
That's not the case here. If it was, I had nothing to say.

Anyway, I don't call a player/char and a*****e just based on one encounter, and I didn't have any more interactions. I was trying to make it a constructive post. Seems that it's turned to something else.

The assassin. (Anonymous)Fri 07-Nov-14 01:49 PM
Charter member
#122366, "The point is that the assassin was not evil."
In response to Reply #2

I did prepare a long answer, but then decided against to post it. Either others think same as me and defend, or they won't and I learn that not many share my viewpoint.

Just some clarifications here:

1. assassin was not evil.
2. I am talking about good-char-RP. I don't see good and evil like team red and blue, but as real good vs evil!
3. I didn't question Baer at all.
I questioned alignment. I named Baer because she was the specific Imm, but it was meant for all the other Imms too. It's obvious that they might have not see it and the char might have not done so many bad-RP (in my definition), which are all understandable.
4. I think I should not have said that the jaguar should pay more attention, because I have not seen much more bad-RP from the char myself (I didn't have anymore interaction at all). The last sentence just caused misinterpretation in what I was saying.

CleauseauFri 07-Nov-14 02:16 PM
Member since 22nd Feb 2014
40 posts
#122370, "This is what I don't get."
In response to Reply #9

You weren't evil because you typed neutral neutral at creation?
What was the provocation that caused you to attack him? Balance, rager and he was a mage? Or just because? It makes a big difference to me in game.

The assassin. (Anonymous)Fri 07-Nov-14 02:17 PM
Charter member
#122371, "Rager."
In response to Reply #12

I was trying to join the village.

HuttoMon 10-Nov-14 07:31 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
234 posts
#122388, "RE: Obviously I thought you are an evil shifter."
In response to Reply #2

Murder in CF is not like murder in real life. It does not end you permanently. It is more like trying to knock someone unconscious (which becomes easier and easier the more times it happens to you).

Personally, I think full looting is worse than taking 1/3 of a Con and making them a ghost for a few minutes. If it is a war and you're trying to destroy them, sure, I can see a goodie doing it to an established enemy they want to hurt as much as possible.

So I'd disagree phrasing it as, "looting someone who tried to murder you" to make it sound like murder is the greater offense.

Then there's the whole visual of some scumbag guy laying knocked out on the street and the Knight in Shining Armor taking the time to grab the guy's wallet and yank off his Nike shoes. CF is a special place.

Of course, Cabaq went ahead and took his pants and shirt too.

Hutto, the Sleepy

MurphyMon 10-Nov-14 09:50 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122389, "Lol, that's just brilliant"
In response to Reply #23

This mental image is going to haunt me for a long time.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122342 Previous topic | Next topic