Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Tkrurg the Knight of the Apocaly..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122329
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 04-Nov-14 12:08 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122329, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Tkrurg the Knight of the Apocalypse, Imperial Black Magician"

Tue Nov 4 11:04:26 2014

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Tkrurg perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:anti-paladin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:65

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes/Thoughts, Undead_Irish, 04-Nov-14 09:41 PM, #2
Reply Re: mace in mainhand, Murphy, 06-Nov-14 01:58 AM, #4
     Reply As far as I understand it, no, Undead_Irish, 06-Nov-14 10:52 AM, #5
          Reply this has been clarified by an imm, laxman, 06-Nov-14 02:55 PM, #6
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Tkrurg the Knight of the Apo..., Magner (Anonymous), 04-Nov-14 12:36 PM, #1
     Reply Great, Undead_Irish, 04-Nov-14 10:03 PM, #3

Undead_IrishTue 04-Nov-14 09:41 PM
Member since 09th Jul 2005
13 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#122338, "Goodbyes/Thoughts"
In response to Reply #0

Where to start. I had a role in my mind for an mino ap that was a project of a dying emperor, but for years never got the mino spot to try it. While out from work for 6 weeks for the birth of my baby boy, I finally get the spot and approval to try it out. Awesome! Let me tell you, this was one of my best CF experiences ever. For those of you who remember me, I am a serial rager player and love the PK aspect, so this was a challenge on several levels for me. On to thoughts and goodbyes.

THOUGHTS

Minotaur A-P. On paper, it was an awesome thing. Giant sized, resistances, no vulns, gore for added lag. I loved the concept of it. Wisdom for good gains and learning. In reality, two things really killed my drive to continue playing him. Wands, and edges.

Wands - I have never had a hero mage and knew only a few locations in the old wand system so keep that in mind as it relates to my opinion. I LOVED and HATED the new system. I loved the searching aspect, the thrill of finding the wand and how I knew where to at least look. That is an amazing thing for players new to wands. What I hated, however, slightly outweighed my love of it. The fact that once I knew where the wand was, that I could not get it or would die trying, was crushing. To make a weapon at 36, I felt I needed to be competitive and would need at least aura/shield to do so, with stone skin for certain battles. I never got a steady supply of that, and as you will see since I bought my PBF, I went from doing well to getting stomp on repeatedly. That really crushes the spirit. I had thought of ranking to hero, but really felt I would still be behind would at least one control

Edges- Had a hard time earning the ones I wanted, but the real kicker here was I could not take merciless ambidexterity. It really killed the pk buzz because I am not a fan of using a mace in my mainhand as I seemed to get tooled while doing so. I wanted to crippling strike from the offhand, but apparently minotaur stats don't meet the requirement or some such. It definitely was a blow to how I envisioned the character.

I really did not know how best to play because after realizing you are giant sized, without the giant titanic strength, and only 19 dex, I got lost in really how I wanted to play.

Goodbyes/Thank yous

Immortals- You guys are great. I don't care what negativity floats on the forums, keep up the great work. To the immortal that gave me some xp when I was thinking about deleting, it was motivation like that makes the game worth playing. Makes you want to come back, and it is great to see that. Unfortunately, I was already spent on the character, and wanted to go for a little bit more because you made that effort. So thank you.

Also, thank you whoever coded Minotaurs getting into the Black Sect. That is such a positive experience when that issue arose and was addressed so quickly. Just amazing.

Baerinika - Thank you so much. You have no idea how thrilling it was to play a unique race/class combo. It really was spectacular. I told my wife about as we took the kids for a walk. I was so excited, she didn't care what I was saying or knew what it meant, but I had to tell someone!

Empire -

Jarlduz - Awesome, awesome Emperor. I will respond more on your death thread, but you made Tkrurg a much better experience than he already was. Keep trucking.

Greghon - You also made Tkrurg a great experience. Your vast knowledge is great, impressive and inspiring. Thanks for what you taught me and showed me.

Battle -

Yog - Yog yog. You do you, love it.

Magner - Awesome. Deadly. Scary. I see great things in your future.

Fortress -

Leata - Loved our fights. Couldn't get enough of him. Hope you do well and stick with it.

If anyone else responds, I will gladly continue. My 6 week old is getting fussy, so my post will have to end shorter than planned!

I really hope I made everyone have a positive experience with Tkrurg. I meant to carry him to con death, but lost a lot of drive when I felt unable to compete at 36. Plus, I go back to work soon and I felt I didn't want him to dwindle down to nothing over time.

Thanks, and see you all in fields.

Undead_Irish

(Tuggluk, Karashin, Thelnorn, Hargrumm, etc.)

MurphyThu 06-Nov-14 01:58 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122349, "Re: mace in mainhand"
In response to Reply #2

The reason you want merciless ambi is not to have a better parrying mainwield. Merciless ambi is so you can wield, say, mace and dagger and use crippling strike and faceslash without swapping weapons.

I mean, you'll parry the same with sword main/mace off as you will with mace main/sword off... won't you?

Undead_IrishThu 06-Nov-14 10:52 AM
13 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#122352, "As far as I understand it, no"
In response to Reply #4

Your parry will be better with sword main than mace main, even with a sword in the offhand. Obviously I have no access to the code and an imm would have to weigh in on if that was true, but from my experience through many characters, a sword in the main hand is always better than a mace in the main hand regardless of what is dual wielded. Could just have bad luck with the RNG thought

laxmanThu 06-Nov-14 02:55 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#122353, "this has been clarified by an imm"
In response to Reply #5

If you have 1 weapon it is always what gets checked for parry.
If you have 2 weapons it is a random 50/50 chance which weapon is used.

So...
Dagger Main + Sword Offhand is the same as Sword Main + Dagger Offhand
and
Sword Main + empty hand is the same as Empty main + sword offhand

You will get slightly more attacks with your main hand with everything perfected simply because your first attack check is always with it.

Magner (Anonymous)Tue 04-Nov-14 12:36 PM
Charter member
#122331, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Tkrurg the Knight of the Apo..."
In response to Reply #0

Solid enemy. Lots of respect. Surprised you deleted already. How was the mino AP experience?

Undead_IrishTue 04-Nov-14 10:03 PM
13 posts
#122340, "Great"
In response to Reply #1

Just didn't get the paper version to match the in character one haha. Great enemy, keep it up, you will go far.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122329 Previous topic | Next topic