Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Maaballah the Grand Elder of Changelings" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122059
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 24-Sep-14 06:20 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122059, "(AUTO) [None] Maaballah the Grand Elder of Changelings"

Wed Sep 24 18:15:28 2014

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Maaballah perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:shapeshifter
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:76

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply stealing an item you could not use and holding it, Cionadh (Anonymous), 25-Sep-14 05:50 PM, #1
     Reply He's evil, incognito, 25-Sep-14 07:04 PM, #2
          Reply RE: He's evil, Cionadh (Anonymous), 29-Sep-14 04:24 PM, #3
               Reply It would be crappy, incognito, 29-Sep-14 04:26 PM, #4
                    Reply I took it to see what it was. nt, CD, 30-Sep-14 09:28 AM, #5
                         Reply RE: I took it to see what it was. nt, crsweeney, 01-Oct-14 12:07 PM, #6
                              Reply Just one point, incognito, 01-Oct-14 02:06 PM, #7
                                   Reply His character is a shifter, crsweeney, 01-Oct-14 02:37 PM, #8
                                   Reply Regardless, I stole it because i wanted knowledge, CD, 01-Oct-14 10:38 PM, #11
                                   Reply RE: His character is a shifter, incognito, 02-Oct-14 01:40 AM, #12
                                   Reply You might be reading into this a bit much, laxman, 01-Oct-14 03:23 PM, #9
                                        Reply I didnt even remember I had the hood(and it purged at s..., CD, 01-Oct-14 10:36 PM, #10

Cionadh (Anonymous)Thu 25-Sep-14 05:50 PM
Charter member
#122071, "stealing an item you could not use and holding it"
In response to Reply #0

I am curious if you would not mind explaining why you stole the item you did from me and then held it so long? I think given the context you will remember this.

incognitoThu 25-Sep-14 07:04 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122072, "He's evil"
In response to Reply #1

So I'm guessing he did it to weaken you, whatever it was.

Cionadh (Anonymous)Mon 29-Sep-14 04:23 PM
Charter member
#122091, "RE: He's evil"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Mon 29-Sep-14 04:24 PM

>So I'm guessing he did it to weaken you, whatever it was.

Doesnt matter much to me now, but it was the hood of redemption.
He'd attacked the maran to draw me out on five or more occasions and then kept trying to steal it. It is not a combat item, didnt impact his characters abilities on mine, and he died to eventually after 30 or so attempts though he did eventually steal it. I didnt notice it was gone for a bit as I'd had it since level 20 or so, something like 300 hours of my characters life.

Then he held onto it the rest of my characters life. He could not make use of it. I was hoping to hear just that, hey I was evil so I was messing with you. Not "Hey my other character is such and such shaman, so I took it from you with this character and sat my happy ass on it. hah! suck it!" Because that was where my thought process went every time I'd divine object and see him carrying it around on what I saw as a garbage, throw away shifter character.

incognitoMon 29-Sep-14 04:26 PM
4495 posts
#122092, "It would be crappy"
In response to Reply #3

If his other char was a shaman, or indeed if he sacced it and grabbed it as a goodie. However, if he did it to allow an ic shaman ally to take advantage that's reasonable.

CDTue 30-Sep-14 09:28 AM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122095, "I took it to see what it was. nt"
In response to Reply #4

Original character was to see how shape shift partials worked in the lowbie ranks. I chose felar. I spent some time PKing but eventually i realized they were not as interesting as I'd have imagined so ranked up.

I had decent form combination until I got howler monkey. It still needs a few tweaks(a longer time on howler is annoying when it only lasts so long--not to mention the whole concept of the form is given to vampyre bat with a fly-to ability to open with). And then the pummel is just worthless.

I did not know what the hood of repentance is nor where it is even from. And it was always in your inventory so did not seem you were making use of it. I held onto several good-aligned things for a while that i was able to steal which was difficult.

crsweeneyWed 01-Oct-14 12:07 PM
Member since 17th Apr 2013
202 posts
#122101, "RE: I took it to see what it was. nt"
In response to Reply #5

>I did not know what the hood of repentance is nor where it is
>even from. And it was always in your inventory so did not seem
>you were making use of it. I held onto several good-aligned
>things for a while that i was able to steal which was
>difficult.

Thank you for responding, I do appreciate it. I see from your frequent posts you are not a new player but one whom I would say is likely highly veteran at CF and has multiple characters simultaneously, so I'll vent a bit.

Take an item for some possible gain/use in game, take an item so that it weakens a specific enemy? Sure. Take an item this way, by exploiting another player who is RP'ing correctly in response to your actions(attack maran/flee) with a limit of 1 that doesnt relate to combat effectiveness, then sit on it for a month+ RL time? - Douchebag move.

Your thought process as this character on sitting on good aligned items was, I'm team evil so I'll carry around useless stuff, not try to sell it or gain benefit from having them, but the forces of good will be weaker because of my effort?

Not, I only play evil characters, or god I hate Fortress so I'll weaken my other characters enemies by taking and sitting on good aligned things using this utility shifter since I would delete him as I don't like my forms?

Good to know it is the former, makes it much less frustrating to play the game with people like you.

incognitoWed 01-Oct-14 02:06 PM
4495 posts
#122102, "Just one point"
In response to Reply #6

Hood of temperance does give combat perks because it negates much of what an enemy can do to you in combat, by removing the effects once combat has ceased. Often that will enable you to survive a fight where you would otherwise have died, or stay longer in a fight etc.

crsweeneyWed 01-Oct-14 02:37 PM
Member since 17th Apr 2013
202 posts
#122103, "His character is a shifter"
In response to Reply #7

The hood only effects communes now and then pretty much only weakness, doesnt work on things that require a curing spell. The main benefit is PVE and down time reduction.

CDWed 01-Oct-14 10:38 PM
277 posts
#122109, "Regardless, I stole it because i wanted knowledge"
In response to Reply #8

It was also the only thing you were carrying that piqued my interest and I could eventually try to get. I wasn't exactly beating you with a fox/howler monkey. But I did have lesser tier forms and enlivens to make my enemies a little more cautious.

incognitoThu 02-Oct-14 01:40 AM
4495 posts
#122112, "RE: His character is a shifter"
In response to Reply #8

>The hood only effects communes now and then pretty much only
>weakness, doesnt work on things that require a curing spell.
>The main benefit is PVE and down time reduction.
>
>
In my experience, the hood did the cleanse effect. That can rid you of spores, thorn heart etc to name just a couple of things that can be specifically nasty to paladins

laxmanWed 01-Oct-14 03:23 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#122104, "You might be reading into this a bit much"
In response to Reply #7

Knowing that player if it was his goal to grief you individually, than it would have been very obvious as he is extremely capable.

It is most likely what he said is really all it was. He had a character to try out some mechanical things at lowbie, had his fill of that. Ranked up to see what forms he got, ended up with a final form that could steal, spent some time exploring what he could do with that form. You happened to have an interesting item so he stole it, stole things from other people too, held onto them as trophies (I mean if I spent that much time setting up a steal I would certainly value the item as a trophy). He may have also held onto them just to get folks to want to proactively hunt him, a not so bad tactic with a utility final form.

CDWed 01-Oct-14 10:36 PM
277 posts
#122108, "I didnt even remember I had the hood(and it purged at s..."
In response to Reply #9

While you were still alive FYI. I would have deleted but I think I had a pending e-mail or suggestion someplace I was seeing if it would get a response via howler.

If i were griefing id still have the hood, heartseeker, and whatever else I managed to steal with my low percentage and not very buff shifter. I could hold onto them indefinitely. Unfortunately, I forgot I was suppose to be griefing you so I accidentally auto'd. Right.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122059 Previous topic | Next topic