Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Nargash the Warlord of the Grinning Sk..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122047
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 24-Sep-14 09:56 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122047, "(DELETED) [None] Nargash the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls, Killer of One and Only One Elf"

Wed Sep 24 09:53:25 2014

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Nargash perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:141

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Nargash the Warlord of the Grinnin..., Dolindar (Anonymous), 24-Sep-14 05:23 PM, #4
Reply I don't fault you for it, not in the least, KaguMaru, 24-Sep-14 05:50 PM, #6
     Reply Total respect after reading this, Dolindar (Anonymous), 24-Sep-14 07:48 PM, #8
     Reply Don't get into the measuring contest, incognito, 26-Sep-14 09:52 AM, #16
Reply Goodbyes, KaguMaru, 24-Sep-14 11:51 AM, #3
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Thrakburzug, 24-Sep-14 05:24 PM, #5
Reply Well I killed a few wood elves, KaguMaru, 24-Sep-14 06:01 PM, #7
Reply RE: Goodbyes, BaeloTheOrc. (Anonymous), 24-Sep-14 09:08 PM, #9
Reply NNOOOOO!, Sekruk (Anonymous), 25-Sep-14 03:17 AM, #10
Reply Sorry!, KaguMaru, 25-Sep-14 03:35 AM, #11
     Reply No worries., Sekruk (Anonymous), 25-Sep-14 04:31 AM, #13
Reply You will be missed, Ashmon (Anonymous), 25-Sep-14 04:15 AM, #12
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Quiys (Anonymous), 25-Sep-14 09:39 AM, #14
Reply All the best., Mendos, 25-Sep-14 11:43 AM, #15
Reply NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!, Padfeinwen (Anonymous), 24-Sep-14 10:30 AM, #1
     Reply So sorry!, KaguMaru, 24-Sep-14 11:05 AM, #2

Dolindar (Anonymous)Wed 24-Sep-14 05:23 PM
Charter member
#122054, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Nargash the Warlord of the Grinnin..."
In response to Reply #0

Good and bad.

The good. You were very hard to pin down, that's for sure. Your RP was good orc RP, even if some of your tells were borderline OOC reasons to not want to fight me. For a while I really thought you'd only want to fight me when you could find someone like tral to bash me down(Which I was dumb and shouldn't have died BTW), or jump me as I fought someone else. Good orc RP and fighting no doubt. And thats all fine.

The bad. Going to Dios and pontificating on how great you were... When Trekberg was a way tougher fight even without his Army... Solo, I was more worried fighting him than I ever was you. From my point of view, killing people where you have a heaver side of the matchup doesn't make you great. It's the other way around. I am far from great. I can't kill a whole lot of folks who aren't total newbs, but then again, I don't go to Dios an claim I'm the second coming of ocrdom either.

As for the afk kill, it went down pretty quick, wasn't much I could do to tell you were AFK. You had just killed the villager and were just standing there at the entrance to the village and started fleeing every which way, it was like 4 wraths to take you down. I was glad you got a bit more bold after that. Good luck with taking a break.

KaguMaruWed 24-Sep-14 05:50 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122056, "I don't fault you for it, not in the least"
In response to Reply #4

It was my own lack of awareness that got me killed, I scrolled up to admire my own tactics, not realising you were logged in. If anything it was a black mark on me for mentioning it in game, but I can't help myself. I've said it before but I learned the game playing evils during Oshui's reign, and my last orc spent several hours a day hiding from Caldysias/Baelen with andira scrying on me, so avoiding death is something I've largely gotten the hang of.

####-measuring on dios is exactly that. Again, I just get drawn into these things and don't want to be the guy to back down first.

I was really surprised actually at how well that final fight went for me, I really couldn't believe how long I had you locked down for given how good avoid has always looked from the other side, or that I was even outdamaging you given the melee output I usually see from monks. I guess I just don't understand the class. Maybe I had you lagged so much you couldn't switch on intensify? Even then, I was barely outdamaging you, to the point where orc wimpy denied me the kill.

You're right though, killing one tough opponent is probably a bigger accomplishment than wiping out a group of weaker opponents, even if there is a certain very orcish satisfaction in the latter. And there was certainly room for improvement in terms of staying in character. Thanks for the feedback, and sorry for avoiding you so much, I just have traumatic memories of fighting previous monks.

I get the feeling you'll probably still be around when I make my return, so until then.

Dolindar (Anonymous)Wed 24-Sep-14 07:48 PM
Charter member
#122060, "Total respect after reading this"
In response to Reply #6

Very well said, hope to see your addiction rise again soon.

incognitoFri 26-Sep-14 09:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122074, "Don't get into the measuring contest"
In response to Reply #6

As a general rule the measurements tell very little of the story. And people then sacrifice the most positive things about themselves as players to try to maximise the measured things.

A very simple example is that someone who cares about measurements is more likely to ooc info share and then use what they learn to repeatedly waste newbies.

What made you one of the most popular players is that you hadn't been corrupted by this in the past, and you always helped out other players.

KaguMaruWed 24-Sep-14 11:51 AM
805 posts
#122050, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Orcs:

Thrakburzug, thanks for the tattoo. Sorry I didn't kill a wider variety of elves but they're a scarce commodity, and I had to make do with wood elves quite often.

Zurbag, you were probably Nargash's best friend, keep orcing.

Baelo, kind of a badass from what I saw, I rest easy knowing there's another predatory orc out there to bash what needs to be bashed. Definitely more of an evil orc than a comic relief orc vibe.

Trekberg, didn't see much of you. If I had, there would have been a throne challenge for sure. Like Ogrot and Oloice all over again (but without the latter 300 hours).

Sekruk, did my best to give you a leg up, hope being a goblin works out for you.

Other orcs, I didn't really see much of you aside from handing out the extra gear I came across, but I hope you all make it big. GSV could be a real force with just two or three active orcs in hero range.

Anathemas/scions/scarabs, good stuff. This orc was more anti-rager than Ogrot, shaped by experiences IC, and you guys are pretty much all mages so alliances were natural. Tsalantha, I do think I was unlucky to have died to you but I don't begrudge that and nor did Nargash, hope my super secret A-P advice works out for you. Tralgdar, I gave you a lot of crap for spamming bash in the log comments on dios, and when you suggested we both spammed bash I was really thinking it was a terrible idea but it actually worked, so kudos for that.

Imperials, I didn't get to fight many of you. Ashmon, you were as classy as ever, perhaps even classier. You certainly learned from your battles with Ogrot and I had a much more difficult time of things trying to solo kill you as Nargash. Nearly pulled it off but I screwed up, in any case very well done.

Fortress, you were all suprisingly tough at hero range. I shall have to plot a build that can deal with the kinds of characters who hero in fort.

Neutrals, mostly victims in the mid ranks, mostly exploration/mob fighting allies at the higher ranks. The group we did the dragon lairs with was one of the biggest I've ever been in, sorry I didn't stick around for Tiamat.

I might be forgetting someone. In any case, this latest CF binge is now over for me so, see you all next time.

ThrakburzugWed 24-Sep-14 05:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
83 posts
#122055, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

I liked the character for the most part. Personally I felt that the multi-killing of the elf was ok until I realized how many times it had ended up being. Even then, I wanted to fix your title so much, but I never saw that you had killed another elf.

I loved the way you encouraged the lowbies with equipment, something I hadn't seen for quite some time and it was very nice to log in and see 3-4 orcs around.

Good luck with the next and don't stray too far from GSV.

Thrak

KaguMaruWed 24-Sep-14 06:00 PM
805 posts
#122058, "Well I killed a few wood elves"
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Wed 24-Sep-14 06:01 PM

They totally count, right? Actual elves were at something of a premium most of the time.

About the multikilling. I really didn't want to take it that far, but he was sitting on Eastern road of all places and I had other enemies running up and down fighting me, and didn't want to end up getting double teamed because I'd shown mercy to an elf. I should have tried to be more creative in figuring out a solution after the 2nd or 3rd death in the same spot, but equally well he could have just moved off the road and I didn't want to be less stubborn, it was sort of a weird situation.

Thanks again for the tatt, it was definitely encouraging. I'll be back eventually for sure, and this won't be my last orc.

BaeloTheOrc. (Anonymous)Wed 24-Sep-14 09:08 PM
Charter member
#122061, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

You lived and died too soon. Orcs are an interesting breed. I have noticed a spike in orcs and that is always neat.

I've always wanted to play a shig-ru.. however, I felt mundunugu was where it is at for the character I had created. It also gives a fresh spread of utility among the village.

You seemed to know the mechanics rather well.

I had hoped you would have lived longer. You were more of an outgoing warmonger.. which really kept things lively. I unfortunately can't play predictably anymore in the time-frame you were unleashing your savage instincts.

I'm sure you'll be a little goblin whelp one day. Gnawing on the limbs Baelo did not want.

Sekruk (Anonymous)Thu 25-Sep-14 03:17 AM
Charter member
#122062, "NNOOOOO!"
In response to Reply #3

I had no role in mind, so decided to make an weak orc being slave to other bigger ones (Mostly Nargash and Baelo), but then I saw a goblin slot (The first day they opened?) and thought a goblin whelp is more fitting. I couldn't find any other elder orcs other than Nargash and I had FUN RPing the way with Nargash.
But now.. Not seeing Baelo any more either, what should Sekruk do?
I don't know why you deleted, but you need to make another very fast!
GLWYN

KaguMaruThu 25-Sep-14 03:35 AM
805 posts
#122063, "Sorry!"
In response to Reply #10

I deleted for RL reasons, the character itself was doing excellently, but last weekend I realised I had to cut myself off from it and would do so on the next PK loss. I then realised (barring a 'that doesn't count I was afk' moment) I was unlikely to die in PK any time soon and had to simply pull the trigger. I didn't tell Sekruk because I knew you'd be likely to try to talk me back from the ledge. In any case don't give up on your character, I'm sure you can find a way to keep going without me. Sorry!

Sekruk (Anonymous)Thu 25-Sep-14 04:30 AM
Charter member
#122067, "No worries."
In response to Reply #11
Edited on Thu 25-Sep-14 04:31 AM

Now other big orcs need to be more active, or you'll miss a potent (?) goblin.

BTW, I had my fun already, do not worry about my feelings.

Ashmon (Anonymous)Thu 25-Sep-14 04:15 AM
Charter member
#122066, "You will be missed"
In response to Reply #3

I doubt I would ever get revenge on Nargash, but it still is disappointing that I won't get the chance

I liked Nargash. You were very tough and very dangerous.
That time where you were guarding the codex in GSV was very exciting and frustrating too. Well done!

I hope to see you again in one guise or another.

Quiys (Anonymous)Thu 25-Sep-14 09:39 AM
Charter member
#122069, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

Somehow we only ever fought each other that one time, after which you basically said it was too annoying to fight a thug thief (which I can understand). I was looking forward to some more encounters, there just haven't been enough people on lately. Oh well, GLWYN. Maybe next time, limit yourself to a couple hours a day? It might help you last longer.

MendosThu 25-Sep-14 11:43 AM
Member since 16th Oct 2013
180 posts
#122070, "All the best."
In response to Reply #3

Hope your hiatus works out well and come back and binge again over the Christmas holidays.

Mendos

Padfeinwen (Anonymous)Wed 24-Sep-14 10:29 AM
Charter member
#122048, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 24-Sep-14 10:30 AM

We were going to take you to the big one!

KaguMaruWed 24-Sep-14 11:05 AM
805 posts
#122049, "So sorry!"
In response to Reply #1

Doing Tiamat as an evil would have been great. I'd never done any of the ancient dragon before, much less four in one morning.

In any case, I was going to delete in a day or two anyway, I just decided to pull the trigger ahead of time. Nothing wrong with the character, I was having a lot of fun playing, I just wasn't doing anything else with my time.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122047 Previous topic | Next topic