Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Garmudgeon Val'Kotahn the Holy..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121869
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 03-Sep-14 03:51 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121869, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Garmudgeon Val'Kotahn the Holy of Faith, Stowaway"

Wed Sep 3 15:48:50 2014

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Garmudgeon perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:74

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bah!, Abernyte, 06-Sep-14 08:17 AM, #1
     Reply Current fort, incognito, 06-Sep-14 03:03 PM, #2
          Reply Almost completely disagree, Sertius, 06-Sep-14 06:33 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Almost completely disagree, incognito, 07-Sep-14 01:23 PM, #6
          Reply Build, Abernyte, 07-Sep-14 08:18 AM, #4
               Reply I'd definitely go light armor, incognito, 07-Sep-14 01:18 PM, #5

AbernyteSat 06-Sep-14 08:17 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
975 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121910, "Bah!"
In response to Reply #0

I did try to post a nice farwell but it was lost when I was forced to log back in to submit it and I cant be arsed doing it again in full so....the study notes version.

Thanks Neltouda for empowerment etc
Thanks Nepenthe for the RC stuff
Thanks fortress for making me despise the cabal a little less.
Thanks to anyone I had interactions with.

incognitoSat 06-Sep-14 03:03 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121913, "Current fort"
In response to Reply #1

Are much better rp'd than fort of the dominant times IMHO, where people used to talk a good game but act like wimps.

Current bunch are generally to be respected as they live up to what they say. In fact, I think the general standard seems to have improved in all cabals recently.

Would love to hear your thoughts on your build.

SertiusSat 06-Sep-14 06:33 PM
Member since 17th Nov 2008
360 posts
#121915, "Almost completely disagree"
In response to Reply #2

The vast majority are still huge wimps completely unwilling to fight unless having overpowering force (usually three on one). There are some (I can think of two) that due to the build can *sometimes* stay longer than a round in a one-on-one situation, but even they prefer to word instead of fight when it's close. (I'm writhing, you're writhing kinda deal). I cannot think of a single current good Maran or Squire (as they should be played). This is coming from playing two successive evil characters in 40-51 range.

incognitoSun 07-Sep-14 01:23 PM
4495 posts
#121929, "RE: Almost completely disagree"
In response to Reply #3

Guess we'll disagree then, since I don't want to give examples of good ones since you can't really give examples of bad ones or disagree with me without breaking forum rules re active chars.

AbernyteSun 07-Sep-14 08:18 AM
975 posts
#121923, "Build"
In response to Reply #2

I loved desolation as a path though Lava fountain was a pain in the ass, more harm than good. Earthrend was great but very seldom did any of the special extra things happen in PK but it was still very cool. Typhoon was quite nice in Theory for group fighting but more for group V group.

I just could not nail kills as a shaman.....could get people screwed up but never enough to finish.

I chose heavy armor thinking I would be fighting gangs a lot and I regretted it as the mana regen was awful, worse than being a conjurer for the time spent sleeping. The only times people ganged were when they had a basher and a shaman to dispel.

incognitoSun 07-Sep-14 01:18 PM
4495 posts
#121928, "I'd definitely go light armor"
In response to Reply #4

But what are the special effects of earth rend?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121869 Previous topic | Next topic