Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Helfinu Shino'Kage the Avatar" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121822
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 29-Aug-14 03:01 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121822, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Helfinu Shino'Kage the Avatar"

Fri Aug 29 14:59:17 2014

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Helfinu perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:shaman
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:271

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply ...I am glad I could serve you a dish of the Death you ..., Azzael, 30-Aug-14 11:07 AM, #5
Reply RE: ...I am glad I could serve you a dish of the Death ..., Perpetual_Noob, 30-Aug-14 06:40 PM, #6
Reply "Death comes to us all", Helfinu (Anonymous), 29-Aug-14 10:55 PM, #1
     Reply RE: , Bemused, 30-Aug-14 01:29 AM, #2
     Reply Ya, it's a live and learn thing there. , Perpetual_Noob, 30-Aug-14 02:28 AM, #3
     Reply RE: , Cahnthennot (Anonymous), 30-Aug-14 04:59 AM, #4
     Reply RE: , Perpetual_Noob, 30-Aug-14 06:45 PM, #7
     Reply Very neat RP, Ashmon (Anonymous), 31-Aug-14 07:25 AM, #8
          Reply RE: Very neat RP, Perpetual_Noob, 31-Aug-14 09:05 AM, #9

AzzaelSat 30-Aug-14 11:07 AM
Member since 27th May 2014
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121831, "...I am glad I could serve you a dish of the Death you ..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 30-Aug-14 11:07 AM

Well played character and I had great interactions as both Carriil and Azzael.

I hope you enjoyed the very brief internal struggle I tried to bring to the Tree with Carriil.

I find the Reaver vs Warden concept very intriguing within CF and after playing alongside you for sometime as Azzael, thought it was something you enjoyed as well.

I made this character with the idea of hunting primarily Reavers, particularly the Nightreaver, whom I thought would be Koom, and when I finally get all hero'd up, I think you were basically the only one I ever saw.

Ohhh well.

Perpetual_NoobSat 30-Aug-14 06:40 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2012
358 posts
#121833, "RE: ...I am glad I could serve you a dish of the Death ..."
In response to Reply #5

I enjoyed the banter back and forth and I especially played up the drama and tension that is meant to be between Reaver and Warden. I flat out dictated dictated that Wardens not actively being fodder (retrieve/defend/raid) were to be slaughtered. I also tried to make my disdain for Wardens not to sound contrived but actually realistic hatred over CB.

I was quite annoyed by my over extension of my position with Carriil that fight but it wouldn't be the first or last time I did that. I really attempted to push my PK to the limits. It also seemed that it gave the Imms something to watch to when I pulled a kill out by the skin of my teeth.

Ya, I'm working 12-18 hour days here so I've got little time for anything but work and family sleep/food.

GLWYN

Helfinu (Anonymous)Fri 29-Aug-14 10:55 PM
Charter member
#121825, ""Death comes to us all""
In response to Reply #0

Sadly, work cut my in to my CF time. Damn you work! If CF paid what work does I'd be on 12+ hours a day. I notified the powers that be that I would be unable to play since they pushed up my travel time lines. I didn't want to hog a leadership spot since I knew that work had essentially killed my character.

Back to the Character..

I have always had a struggle with understanding the philosophical presuppositions of the religions of Thera - grasping the epistemology, and metaphysics of them sometimes just left me scratching my head. So I decided that I would make my own religion.

I got it in my head one day and outlined some notes on a character who had a horrid life from the get go. A young girl sexually abused in an orphanage by those who were supposed to protect and guide her. In an attempt to protect herself from the advances and lecherous actions of a priest she accidentally killed the priest. Instead of magistrates seeing the situation for what it was she was thrown in prison where she was subjected to many awful things. These things forever altered her state of mind to have no faith in anything, anything but the truth that everyone dies and nothing else really matters. She develops an almost sociopathic lack of care for life and in so Death begins to enter and influence her mind. TO show her a truth to that belief and further feed the desire to kill and make others to kill... It goes much more in depth but you can read the roles that outline the depravity and influence of death.

This was my first truly evil character. I had a necromancer back in the day but I never RP'd it that well. I really enjoyed doing things like, gathering groups to go level and when too many people actually showed, I would tell them to fight over the position. I made Reavers fight each other. Then there was the sacrificial emotes... I tried to give everybody a skull and a "mark" that represented the fight.

I tried to fight everyone and, although it seemed like I was throwing con away, it was simply me learning how to play the shaman. I did get frustrated with some attempts to PK and in the end I shot myself in the foot and by snapping over "cure poison". #### happens I apologize, and I'll log off the forums as well as the game.

I met and spoke with MANY people with this character and this is also my most loved and long lived character. I think I had almost made a few disciples too.

So much to say about this character... I'll just cut it here and say some thank you to the IMMs who run the game and gave me some very fun interactions that really helped to push my to keep being evil. Thank you for the players that played the game with me and kept on trucking after I killed you or you killed me. I hope that I was a positive for you as you were for me.

Too all my fans and haters, post and I'll respond when able.

P_N

BemusedSat 30-Aug-14 01:29 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#121826, "RE: "
In response to Reply #1

I was a fan. Ranked with you a bit and you had really solid arpee going on. I was surprised to see you getting PKed so much at the hero ranks. Bitching on the forums is fine but don't link an active character to it. I didn't look at Hellfinu the same after it.

GLWYN

Perpetual_NoobSat 30-Aug-14 02:28 AM
358 posts
#121827, "Ya, it's a live and learn thing there. "
In response to Reply #2

I realized the error of my ways after I hit, post a few times. Especially when you throw out stupid ultimatums. :-p I died at hero because I pushed and tested my limits and then never accepted those limits and just tried to see what would happen, and from an IC stand point Death was not a fear and that if there was possibility to kill someone else, I attempted it.

Cahnthennot (Anonymous)Sat 30-Aug-14 04:59 AM
Charter member
#121828, "RE: "
In response to Reply #1

I had a blast early on with you as an enemy. Longish fights across the lands with some roleplay thrown in. Thanks for that.
Lately was rooting for you to maintain that part of the tree. It is too bad you weren't able to keep going. Would have been fun to be a part of.
Hopefully you'll have time again for this game.

Perpetual_NoobSat 30-Aug-14 06:45 PM
358 posts
#121834, "RE: "
In response to Reply #4

I was always happy to have RP related PK events and if I killed someone or they killed me I really attempted (though not always accomplished) to make it know that I was doing it for RP not for grief or numbers.

My time for the game won't come I don't think until December or later. I do have an interesting combo or role I'm looking to try out when the opportunity presents it self.

As far as holding up the tree.... I only did 3 interviews and I tried to make them worth wilds but honestly no one pledged. I checked everyday and I always let me people know about recruits in my IC fashion. I forgot in my Death thread to mention that this was my first Leader.

oh well,
P_N

Ashmon (Anonymous)Sun 31-Aug-14 07:25 AM
Charter member
#121838, "Very neat RP"
In response to Reply #1

You were a malevolent force in action. Strife makes for great stories.
I wish we could have had more encounters. Looking forward to what you will think of when you get more time for CF in your schedule.

Perpetual_NoobSun 31-Aug-14 09:05 AM
358 posts
#121843, "RE: Very neat RP"
In response to Reply #8

Thank you, I thought I would struggle RPing an evil character but once I had my view point and I filtered it all through that it was just fun.

I would have liked to had more encounters and done more religious battles too. I had lots of fun in Thera-style philosophical discussions.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121822 Previous topic | Next topic