Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Jithis the Champion of Ancient W..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121818
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 28-Aug-14 02:46 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121818, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Jithis the Champion of Ancient Ways, Elite Imperial Blade"

Thu Aug 28 14:42:38 2014

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Jithis perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:172

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dan83Sat 30-Aug-14 12:50 PM
Member since 05th Mar 2013
24 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121832, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Jithis the Champion of Ancie..."
In response to Reply #0

Copied from QHCF

Thanks to everyone who interacted with me, either by ally or enemy. Enjoyed running with Niji, Jarlduz, Ilune, Kelastys, Daphrdan, Ashmon and prob some more who I forget. Had some good fun with this char at times, mostly pre hero to be fair as that is where I was more successful with my spec and legacy choices. In the end due to a combination of playing times slacking over the last couple of weeks and the char starting to feel like a chore at times decided to move on.
I really enjoyed dagger spec early on, but once in hero range I couldn't get it to work for me as well. By the time I cut them up, i was already losing due to things like flurry/wrath etc which just ate me up and felt little difference in melee even if i did get most of my spec skills off. Anyway always wanted to try dagger so pleased I did.
Hand to hand is quite nice and another spec I always wanted to try. Prob should have gone spear or something but wanted to try something more interesting.

As for legacies, love Soul of the mountain for arial. I had almost 1300 hp at lvl 50 with gear which meant I could stand upto things a little more and would always pick now on low hp races. Plus I seem to recall surviving once when I was on minus hp.

Took One with Shadows aswell, which seemed a mistake in the end as I never used it. Thought It would be handy for outlander fights but wasn't really needed.

Loved the gnome bashing outside the Inn with the Imperial gang when we were stageing roadblocks outside of it, cool immteraction.

Highlight - prob killing the Chancellor and the thumbs up from Destuvious after.
Low point - None really, even dieing to people like Hrast (who was kick ass and wiped the floor with me multiple times) with ease was cool. I generally took it as a good learning experience and was always soon back for another go.

Think I will take a very short break and come back with something else. Something with a bit more raw power.

***EDIT
As a side note. Thanks for the nice comment from Destuvious in my PBF. Also cheers for gracing me with your presence afterwards. Good to know that even the little people (noobs) get noticed now and then.

Padfeinwen (Anonymous)Sat 30-Aug-14 08:01 PM
Charter member
#121835, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Jithis the Champion of Ancie..."
In response to Reply #1

I say you pop in and out of PK about two or three times and so I felt compelled to help you against that battle rager that was clearly trying to pad his PK ratio.

It was really good to see you hang in there and not get flustered too much by a few defeats. Some vets could learn a thing or two from you.

GLWYN

Ashmon (Anonymous)Sun 31-Aug-14 07:21 AM
Charter member
#121837, "Thanks for playing"
In response to Reply #1

I liked that you were very "gung ho". You didn't let a few losses slow you down.

As for dagger specs being less effective at hero. We probably should have done better when grouped, but it takes practice to get good at something. I know I had more than a few "If only I had done this and Jithis had done that..." moments. The times when we were slaughtered by Erighan and Hrast come to mind.

I am a poor judge of PK, but it seems to me that the breadth of skills, environments and allies/third parties at hero makes the meta game around fights much more important.

Then again raw power with a timely retreat now and then seems pretty effective.
GLWYN!

Dan83Sun 31-Aug-14 08:17 AM
Member since 05th Mar 2013
24 posts
#121842, "RE: Thanks for playing"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, I was quite 'gung ho' at times as you put it. I very rarely shirked away from a fight and always wanted to have a go no matter who they were. I was a blade, and blades don't shy away from a fight no matter what.
I did die a lot and I kinda got used to it. With less full looting going on I felt like I could have a go and not worry to much about coming back to an empty corpse. Quite often I didn't even lose anything in spite of having a few choice pieces at times.

There were quite a few times though as you said where if we actually had a plan, we could have done a lot better in certain situations. Something I hope to do better on my next char.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121818 Previous topic | Next topic