Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain in th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121789
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 27-Aug-14 08:16 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121789, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain in the Assery, Harbinger of Thar-Eris"

Mon Aug 25 19:02:21 2014

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Foedett perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:672

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply One hell of a character. Respect. n/t, Mayal (Anonymous), 15-Sep-14 09:52 AM, #24
Reply Bah, I told you about that sword!, Azzael, 30-Aug-14 10:53 AM, #21
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..., Helfinu (Anonymous), 29-Aug-14 03:08 PM, #20
Reply And so...The "Putrid Pebble" plops forth from out of th..., Voszoad (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 08:23 PM, #19
Reply Adios., Mendos, 28-Aug-14 07:48 PM, #18
Reply Farewell, Stinky Pebble., Mirozah (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 09:39 AM, #10
Reply RE: Farewell, Stinky Pebble., Foedett (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 10:42 AM, #11
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..., Foedett (Anonymous), 27-Aug-14 08:34 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..., Strienat, 27-Aug-14 08:55 PM, #2
     Reply Oh yeah!, Foedett (Anonymous), 27-Aug-14 09:21 PM, #3
     Reply Took me a while to get used to your attitude., Murphy, 28-Aug-14 04:56 AM, #4
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..., Regrag (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 06:56 AM, #5
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..., Foedett (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 10:47 AM, #12
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..., Yegrut (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 08:41 AM, #6
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..., Foedett (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 11:24 AM, #15
     Reply One of my favorites all time., Dallevian, 28-Aug-14 08:59 AM, #7
     Reply RE: One of my favorites all time., Foedett (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 10:48 AM, #13
     Reply awesome job, Llaryin (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 09:21 AM, #8
     Reply NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!, Diri Dauntless (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 09:37 AM, #9
     Reply YEEEEEES!, Foedett (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 10:53 AM, #14
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..., Erjoloc (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 12:09 PM, #16
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..., Corlx (Anonymous), 28-Aug-14 12:48 PM, #17
     Reply A true trickster, Ashmon (Anonymous), 31-Aug-14 07:27 AM, #22
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..., Crraya (Anonymous), 01-Sep-14 08:03 PM, #23

Mayal (Anonymous)Mon 15-Sep-14 09:52 AM
Charter member
#122000, "One hell of a character. Respect. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

AzzaelSat 30-Aug-14 10:53 AM
Member since 27th May 2014
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121830, "Bah, I told you about that sword!"
In response to Reply #0

...but you just gave me some smart-@$$ answer if I recall and I just rolled with it. I figured you knew what it did but had some grand scheme in mind.

I enjoyed you as both Azzael and my brief stint as Carriil. Glad I could see you from a non-nightreaver perspective.

Similar to what Helfinu mentioned, it was hard not to like you as a player, but IC it was a real pain not to lose track and just go along with all the insanity! (especially considering I was neutral-evil). I really wanted to keep gathering those embers, but, you know, it was just tooo damn nice a thing to be doing!

Thanks again for everything. I learned a lot as a first-time leader with you around and am truly grateful.

Helfinu (Anonymous)Fri 29-Aug-14 03:08 PM
Charter member
#121823, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..."
In response to Reply #0

Believe it or not, I enjoyed this character a lot. Though IC I couldn't enjoy the happy go lucky. It went against all that Helfinu was. I personally never held any grudges about that death. #### happens, but IC I tried to RP an pissed off nightreaver.

GLWYN

Voszoad (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 08:23 PM
Charter member
#121820, "And so...The "Putrid Pebble" plops forth from out of th..."
In response to Reply #0

All I gotta say is, awesome, awesome, character..Rising through the
ranks with you and seeing both our characters grow and evolve was
cool to see. Your roleplay was top notch, and I think character
wise, we fed off of each other pretty well that it spread to others.
When things like that happen, you know you got something special
going on and your character is making a positive impact to the game
as a whole. Their was sooooooo many times that I would be staring
at the screen in complete tears laughing so hard. When we both got
busted by the Spirit and got a tongue lashing for taking the orb
was priceless, considering I was more to blame then you.

The Primeval Spirit says, This is not Thar-Toad or Thar-Foedett!!

The incident that Mirozah brought up too..I remember..When we
went into the dream, something was telling me who the hell is
this transmuter and what the hell is Foedett getting us into.
I just knew in the back of my head this drow was ready to pounce
at the right moment.

It was fun interrupting your interviews and summoning some giants
to add a little "toad flavor and pestilence" to test the spirits
of your potential "recruits".

I also wanted to thank you..Because you were an integral part to
Voszoad character wise and added to the fun factor for not just
me, but Im sure plenty of others.

Finally, a special Toad farewell since I wasn't present when you
died..

Slinking through the heavens, a solitary toad-like being drags
a pox covered and diseased storm giant corpse in tow, in his
constant search for the elf Mendos.

The toad's insatiable hunger for the elf's ears is culled
momentarily as he feels a disturbance from the Ancients.

Shooting across the heavens a streak a glowing light catches the
attention of Voszoad, as his bulbous eyes peer at it entranced.

Suddenly, the toad spots something falling from the luminescent
form, as a tiny deformed pebble plummets forth striking Voszoad
atop his misshapen head.

Screaming out in pain as a rather large knot forms from the
impact, Voszoad croaks and shouts at the streaking form....

"No!! No!! You dirty pebbless!! No fairss!! You notsss have the
lassst laugh on the Toad!!"

Voszoad reaches down clasping the grimy pebble in his twisted
hands as a sickly green glow encompasses it.

The toad croaks with glee as he whispers, "You finally
will be reunited with your lovesss!! I keepsss your secretsss
safe yesss!!"

Voszoad pulls out a soiled linen bag, peering around for prying
eyes, he pulls out a mummified elven ear as he begins to laugh.

Croaking in delight, the toad hops up and down, as he says...

"Pebble Foedett isss finally reunitedsss with himss love Nalaya!"

Voszoad plops both the glowing pebble and mummified ear into the
soiled bag together as he hops off into the heavens disappearing.

MendosThu 28-Aug-14 07:48 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2013
180 posts
#121819, "Adios."
In response to Reply #0

You did a pretty great job with Harbinger, especially as a thief. In the immortal words of Ikemasuka: sad to see you go.

GLWYN.

Mirozah (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 09:39 AM
Charter member
#121810, "Farewell, Stinky Pebble."
In response to Reply #0

My Betrayal of you and Voszoad in the dream was one of the best pk's before I hit hero.

What made it awesome was that I pulled it off.

You must have hated Mirozah, but I absolutely loved your character. Sorry for killing you a bunch of times, I'm sure I contributed to the con loss.

Good luck with your next character, whatever pain in the arse it might be.

Foedett (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 10:42 AM
Charter member
#121811, "RE: Farewell, Stinky Pebble."
In response to Reply #10

I had fun with that too. I think Voszoad got tattooed right around then, I remember it being in the dream.

My one regret with that I think I expressed IC. I had traps, and instead of setting them i just kind of stood there. But that was early on, and I got much better at roasting people even if it was suicidal to set a trap as time went on, I am sure helped in part by your betrayal.

After that I think your pk's were vs leader con, but I bet you did get 1 or almost 1 con at least, all in good fun tho.

Foedett (Anonymous)Wed 27-Aug-14 08:34 PM
Charter member
#121797, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..."
In response to Reply #0

Well that was fun! My original hope was to try a wood-elf thief after Gedunthos, because I saw all these weird builds like elf shaman, fire nec, etc. but I am kind of terrible/lazy about contacting imms, so svirf outlander thief it was. Did a binder outlander before, and this was a lot more fun esp now that I am more experienced with thieves. Kept telling thieves who asked Gedunthos what they should study "Traps." and only one or two listened, and not for long enough. Over the shoulder of my wife playing her trapper, always wanted to do one. Think I got it out of my system, and thieves for a char or two.

Everyone seemed pretty nice, even enemies, barring a couple of rare gems of course. Post at me, and I will probably post back (for once). Thieves are in general annoying, and the character behaved like a mad bomber with the mental fortitude of a small child. Even played up learning new words as I went along and never spoke too intelligently, but uh...I swear, it's the character not the player.

And if you believe that...

Thanks to the imms for the interactions, Lyristeon early on and Strienat later. Thanks for the leader Impman, joke is on them after all, and the titles and the TEAR SOAKED HANKY!! Reminded me a lot of the last thief with the cabal being terrifyingly weak when I started playing, only there were imms in Outlander right off, apparently! And Strienat, not so Green Hoof now. Thanks for trying to get a quest started even though you were just barely getting your hooves wet in immland, and for other assorted kickassery and attentiveness to the cabal. Like Desty coming in to empire, you seemed a huge boon to everyone's experience, keep it up ppplllleeease! And thanks you two for the condeath after my crazy suicide bombing of the order cabals.

Think I am developing a playstyle of "Let's find the weakest/lamest cabal and play the crap out of it", but it could be a happy accident.

AND CONGRATS YEGRUT! Waited long enough right?

StrienatWed 27-Aug-14 08:55 PM
Member since 23rd Dec 2013
76 posts
#121798, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..."
In response to Reply #1

I really liked this character. Annoying as you could be, and I know you know you could be just from the speech, you were so much fun. I watched you a lot and was really happy having you as leader because no matter what, you did a great job getting people to do what they needed to be doing.

I wish I could have helped you out with the thing after the sword, but I really probably should have come down on you more, not as little as I did for using it, even without knowing, and because of that I couldn't help you push forward too much more after that to get back towards a greater amount of neutrality.

Thanks for the kind words and you can rest assured that I will be sticking around for a long while and will be keeping tabs on Outlander. I am extremely glad that I am here and able to do what I'm doing.

Foedett (Anonymous)Wed 27-Aug-14 09:21 PM
Charter member
#121801, "Oh yeah!"
In response to Reply #2

I like to make lemonade out of lemons, so I had fun either way. But as the Nerfbinger I was a bit less effective. No stoneskin and no 'cast insects xyz' made for a lot less lethality, but I could still do some things, and that was always enough to keep people away from the spirit.

Know what you mean though, but I liked the 'dreams' that I was getting a while back with other chars, that might be a good way to say things that force you to realize there is an intuitive leap you need to make, without spelling it out what that leap might be. Just an opinion though, and I had fun all along regardless, but I am easy to please.

I just figured either I had done something that made it irreversible as you had first mentioned, or that you guys were screwing the pooch or getting bored with me. A dream or some other poke that gives no clues, or shows that the silence is intentional, might do a lot to get we mere mortals to continue moving with our usual fervor.

Most everything that was started with me for questy kind of stuff seemed to dead end utterly. Holding quest items for months of real time, given the other restrictions of the quest and leaders coming and going etc. left me just plain old confused, not knowing how to proceed besides to hoard them longer. All of this is intended to be constructive criticism, if it appears too nice, or too mean!

MurphyThu 28-Aug-14 04:55 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121802, "Took me a while to get used to your attitude."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Thu 28-Aug-14 04:56 AM

I guess in the back of my mind I knew it wasn't player attitude but man did I want to kick your face in.

I like to think I know a thief's weak points. But between savage blow nerf and everything else I never got the chance to kill you again after Einrai.

Got a few chuckles out of talking to you as Bronri, too. Damn savageblow nerf. Damn it.

You piece of great mighty poo. GLWYN.

Regrag (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 06:56 AM
Charter member
#121803, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..."
In response to Reply #1

Man you were annoying, and with the two of you gone, the watch will get alot less busy...mabey. You had the trapping nailed, they could put you in a hurt even if you did have stats stacked. Good job and see yeh in the fields eh?

Foedett (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 10:47 AM
Charter member
#121812, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..."
In response to Reply #5

I love it when healers gate to me.

That day when you were just set on con killing me for whatever reason, was absolutely hilarious for me. I think the log of one part of that I posted already under something like vs Trib Gang.

I especially liked IC and OOC that you were basically on to me. To me that seems like, in the black and white world that cf is, corrupt for a magistrate. But then again, my character obviously only obeyed the laws when it would piss magistrates right the hell off. And you were like...nah, #### that. Hope you liked my P-word poem, you were the third prov-something to do something unbecoming of the title, but you wore it right on your sleeve and I REALLY liked that.

Really really.

Good luck with being what I imagine as a hard ass no nonsense cop!

Yegrut (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 08:41 AM
Charter member
#121805, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks and well wishes, man we are a couple of old coots. Always enjoyed our interactions and man were we a fairly good combo...when I had my full set of wands at least The Tree is seriously going to be missing having you around. I always knew when you were awake it meant nobody was likely to raid (or conversely a LARGE group might try). You were definitely one of those characters that will be remembered a long time from today. I hope I can have half that kind of impact.

GLWYN

Yegrut Finkle

Foedett (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 11:24 AM
Charter member
#121815, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..."
In response to Reply #6

It was good to have you around, I liked how your RP evolved as you went along your already long lived character from the Tiggle days to the more wizened oak neo-yegrut. Something I try to do as well, I think you pulled it off better.

Plus TBH I kind of loathed the Tiggle RP oocly, at least initially, because it just seemed... I don't know, actually. But Foedett always talked about how he lived with a bunch of nuts, mostly talking about himself, so it was good to have another walnut to have for an example

Thanks for the kind words and constant RP/philosophy discussions. Might I suggest learning some spots for non sleeks, I found transmuters to be the best for gathering certain wands with their amazing stealth. I also found transmuters to be terrible against some of the stronger builds in anything but 1v1 and that was without a glaring blunt vuln. Good luck with Harbinger!

DallevianThu 28-Aug-14 08:59 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#121806, "One of my favorites all time."
In response to Reply #1

it's pretty rare to have a favorite and never play in the same cabal, but you were just fun, well played, always up for action, helpful to lowbies, and super cool.

nice job as a trapper too!

Foedett (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 10:48 AM
Charter member
#121813, "RE: One of my favorites all time."
In response to Reply #7

Aww, thanks! People like you make my already over inflated thief ego approach problematic levels I think. But cheers, whoever it was you were IG!

Llaryin (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 09:21 AM
Charter member
#121807, "awesome job"
In response to Reply #1

Such a weird, old, creeper...you were awesome, and deadly. A total pain in the ass, but incredibly well played. Well done!

Diri Dauntless (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 09:37 AM
Charter member
#121809, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
In response to Reply #1

WE NEVER GOT TO PLAN THE WEDDING?!?!

I had a lot of fun with you at the waterfall, and during each interaction. You did a REALLY great job when you showed me your 'special' leg.

Sorry I voided out on you that time during that thing? But I had no choice on that one, just totally bad timing. I bet that would have been one AWESOME interaction, if I was actually able to play.

GLWYN!!!

Foedett (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 10:53 AM
Charter member
#121814, "YEEEEEES!"
In response to Reply #9

More my feet, what you said just sounds filthy. Sheesh.

"Special leg"

And no worries, that was the only time I got to use pen in an IC way player to player. I think I did mention you wouldn't want me cause I was all old and gonna die and live a dangerous life etc. Foedett was kind of immature and borderline lecherous, so it was nice to have something a little less...that. Good luck with that nigh unkillable build/set. I have a theory on who you might have played before Diri, I'll have to wait till you drop to find out though!

Erjoloc (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 12:09 PM
Charter member
#121816, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..."
In response to Reply #1

Aw man, you died! What am I going to do now? You and Reyn have been the only two I have seen of a regular basis and I have a #### ton of fun when you were around. Erjoloc loved you and believe me you will be sorely missed. GLWYN and Great Job!

Corlx (Anonymous)Thu 28-Aug-14 12:48 PM
Charter member
#121817, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..."
In response to Reply #1

You being Gedunthos makes so much more sense now. Chameleoned thief is a *****. Seemed like a solid character, through limited interaction....

Ashmon (Anonymous)Sun 31-Aug-14 07:27 AM
Charter member
#121839, "A true trickster"
In response to Reply #1

I always thought of the classical Loki stories or trickster/spider mythology when faced with your antics. Well done!

Crraya (Anonymous)Mon 01-Sep-14 08:03 PM
Charter member
#121851, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foedett the Spirit of Pain i..."
In response to Reply #1

You were definitely an interesting fella! You and those pesky traps.

Anyways, just wanted to say I enjoyed your char and the RP.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121789 Previous topic | Next topic