Subject: "(CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Quarissa Praenuntia the Undying Pla..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121542
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 03-Aug-14 06:11 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121542, "(CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Quarissa Praenuntia the Undying Planewalker, Voice of the Scarab"

Sun Aug 3 18:09:11 2014

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Quarissa perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:400

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Finally I was able to Embrace Father, Quarissa (Anonymous), 03-Aug-14 07:55 PM, #1
     Reply Oh, Hi there., Guargoux (Anonymous), 03-Aug-14 08:17 PM, #2
     Reply Never had the heart to kill you really, Quarissa (Anonymous), 04-Aug-14 05:48 PM, #9
     Reply Re: The Final Embrace, Kwoalewei (Anonymous), 03-Aug-14 09:14 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Re: The Final Embrace, Quarissa (Anonymous), 04-Aug-14 05:48 PM, #10
     Reply It's a weird world we live in where IMMs claim more cha..., TMNS, 04-Aug-14 07:13 AM, #4
     Reply Which imm claimed this char? Nt, incognito, 04-Aug-14 11:23 AM, #7
     Reply Was referencing RayBaer claiming Andira..., TMNS, 04-Aug-14 12:41 PM, #8
     Reply I'm a complete unknown someone, Quarissa (Anonymous), 04-Aug-14 05:50 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Finally I was able to Embrace Father, Amatrysti (Anonymous), 04-Aug-14 07:52 AM, #5
     Reply Yeah, Quarissa (Anonymous), 04-Aug-14 06:29 PM, #12
     Reply Creepy Git, Ysaloerye, 04-Aug-14 10:38 AM, #6
     Reply Conjies are a lot of upkeep, Quarissa (Anonymous), 04-Aug-14 06:31 PM, #13
     Reply Thanks for everything, Aurtu (Anonymous), 04-Aug-14 08:42 PM, #14
     Reply No prob, Quarissa (Anonymous), 06-Aug-14 07:17 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Finally I was able to Embrace Father, Scarabaeus, 06-Aug-14 03:05 PM, #15
          Reply I was more or less done after initial Temple opening, Quarissa (Anonymous), 06-Aug-14 07:24 PM, #17

Quarissa (Anonymous)Sun 03-Aug-14 07:55 PM
Charter member
#121544, "Finally I was able to Embrace Father"
In response to Reply #0

The solution apparently was to reset my con to 3 again and slay me in rather cold blood until dead. To all the conjies out there: don't let your familiar die if it's your final death!

Quarissa begun as a personal conjie experiment, never played the class before, so I wanted to see what it was all about. The first hint of greatness was the imp as a familiar, with the impcurse and one that can actually kill people on its own. With the edges, it was a quality meatshield and damage-dealer. Plus, with sphere Destruction, you can't go wrong trying to Destroy people.

In the mid-twenties or thereabouts the question of cabal arose. I had scions before and it seemed a perfect fit for Quarissa to become one. But the return of Scarabaeus provided a perfect segway into going that route. Needless to say, I was somehow successful in rebuilding the Temple and spreading the Truth.

A small gripe - Temple powers are not that exciting and seem rather underpowered. Perhaps move Tower down to thirties at least if not willing to give them more power? Just that the Scarab idea is more for the loner types and when the whole mud is trying to kill you it can be a bit much at times. Wasn't a problem for me personally since conjies are so strong and self-sufficient, but I could easily see how a melee type would struggle.

The quest lancehead familiar was rather strong, and buggy at first in being able to enter cabals. I didn't overly abuse it though and stopped entering cabals after a few days, but it was hilarious to chase the villagers around the village. They'd always flee to Destructor and think themselves undestructible and now there was nowhere to hide. The emetic poison was very strong, but the familiar could be killed, especially if you're Jarlduz. Still unsure what it was given for, since the IC reason was bringing two statue pieces to Scarabaeus instead of whomever ran that quest, but that doesn't quite warrant the quest familiar I don't think. Maybe a reward for reopening the Temple.

Second reward was dex at 25 (after handing Rayihn a dex quest piece that Kwoalewei found and didn't need, also during the first night of 100 players). That helped at edge dodge I suppose, if ever so slightly, and with carry capacity, but nothing to write home about. Third reward was lowering the cost of Tower by a bit. In everything else I was just a regular conjie.

Gripe about nightgaunt edge - seems it needs perfection in nightgaunt spells. Needless to say, I didn't have it.

Contrary to popular belief, I didn't kill everyone. For example, I let neutral and evil Outlanders be, only killing if they dared attack me first. I also let scions live, except for those of Deception. At times I let imperials live, and at times I chose to kill them. Depended on the person also.

The end of this char came when devils broke. There was a period of about two weeks when conjies were completely unplayable and I died each time I conjured. It just knocked the wind out of me and any desire to play was gone, so I rolled an alt and only semi-played Quarissa. Fortunately, now conjies are playable again, if not a free ride.

The time it took to condie a leader without suiciding was enormous though. I think the vast majority of my deaths are to devils, followed by demons, followed by familiar deaths. Typically, the only people who could kill Quarissa before dying were very very few, and really only Crraya, Hughli, Erighan and Jarlduz come to mind. Even then, I mostly didn't bother to prep more than barrier/aura. When Erighan grew too bold, I really prepped, fed my servitors properly and killed him. He was rather surprised. Pretty much nothing can stand to a prepped conjie one on one. At least I don't know of anything. If I didn't want to die, I could Not Die much like Zhenyen. I intentionally underprepped all the time and took any odds.

Side gripe is for heavy looters - for example I come and raid versus heavy opposition, and you kill me on the way back with me hurt from you and inners and carrying the item and maybe with less servitors. Or I kill you and leave the corpse be, maybe take one item, and you gank me and loot heavily. Or you had nothing to do with the PK, just get all corpse. I've tried not to loot even if you're a douchebag, however. No reason to stoop down to your level and spread the love.

By the way, there is a trick in raiding Temple with opposition and a way to deal with revenants. I'll let that be an exercise for some clever people though. But the cowardly Fort would never do that without Headdress of Doom (instakilling Lich until it was fixed). Kudos to those who tried (and did it wrong) and died. Your corpses stayed (mostly) untouched, even Niji's.

Big thanks go to Imms, especially Scarabaeus (perhaps give more specific attention to the Pure?) and thanks to all the players. Most of the people around are quite enjoyable to be and play around.

Unfortunately, I'm very bad with names and it's been a long-lived char, so sorry if I forget you. Post and I'll reply. Also, if there's a log you're interested in, I can post pretty much anything.

Scarab:

Kwoalewei, the Eye brother-in-arms. We rarely traveled together, as I made significant effort to be alone and not pile on the enemies, but you've been there since the beginning and helped to make it happen. Hope the Shadow thing goes well for you.

Zhenyen, the Flame. When I suggested the Temple to you, I didn't expect it would actually succeed. Thanks for taking a leap, too bad the devil thing made you delete.

Thurmonbrue, the Dead. Sorry about being wrong on that item, but you showed me one that wasn't the right material and I remembered the same type of item that was actually the right material. In the end, I don't quite know what it could've been, and this one fit the description seemingly.

Others: I hope my Tasks weren't too difficult, I am fairly auto-induct kinda leader, but in the Temple I wanted you to be able to kill alone and retrieve since that's fairly required set of skills. I don't think I left any applicants hanging.

Fortress:

(Don't whine like small girls when I loot Bal'talon or Heartseeker. That's meh, especially when it's the only item I loot and you loot heavily yourself). Plus there should be zero IC reason to whine to pretty much Evil Incarnate and ask for your toys back. Plus, it's going to get sacrificed and you can get it back.

Amatrysti, the foe. Unfortunately, was far too difficult to raid against you. But I think I got you a few times. Also, my deletion thread is later than yours!

Paladins: typically meh, very cowardly, very quick to hide at the watcher and/or never come fight.

Others: sorry I was able to kill you at the watcher.

Empire:

(Lots of deleted text about various douchebags)

I was never orderly and didn't like the idea of empire IC and viewed it as a form of enslavement. Thus I battled you. If you were someone I liked, I left you alone and let you have the codex.

Outlander:

Hughli: I think we left each other be on purpose. Maybe a spat here and there, but I left outlanders alone on purpose and you probably worried about your set. Or just didn't see enough reason to kill me despite me being a conjie. Loved the elemental talks. Still owe you a river of them.

Others, I mostly left alone. When you attacked, you were hunted and then left alone again.

Battle:

Crraya could usually beat me no matter what I do. No idea why, but it seemed I was the victim of three deathblows landing in two rounds pretty much every time we fought. Didn't have that trouble with anyone else.

Erighan is a damage beast, but at least I could overprep and beat you.

Others: sorry, tried not to loot.

Scion:

Sindy and Ormee: Deception is antithesis to the Truth, that's why you died. Big thumbs up for willing to fight me.

Thinking I left others alone.

Nexus:

Didn't care much for or against, killed some of you from time to time.

Sorry I forgot your name.

All in all, I loved the experience and the fact that mortals can influence the world in a significant way. Thanks again, everyone!

Guargoux (Anonymous)Sun 03-Aug-14 08:17 PM
Charter member
#121546, "Oh, Hi there."
In response to Reply #1

I truly enjoyed our interactions. You taught me a few things about
what conjurers were capable of and I think in the end, I annoyed you
more than anything but the conversations were delightful. I made an
attempt to read the text that you suggested and did some studying
about the Temple to better understand you as the character. I'd also
like to say that I respect that even when you were outnumbered or
things were heavy against your favor and I'd offer help, you often
refused.

I don't suppose I ever got to fully witness your fury like I saw of
Zhenyen but if you two were similar, I believe I have a pretty good
idea. For now, I'll just ask, do you mind if I post a couple of your
deaths? Oh, and GLWYN.

Quarissa (Anonymous)Mon 04-Aug-14 05:48 PM
Charter member
#121576, "Never had the heart to kill you really"
In response to Reply #2

Sorta I took pity on you, water/defense is hard enough. Plus I didn't mind you sharking me up, kept me honest. A bit annoying at times, especially when I run with an item to place, but I didn't mind.

Didn't really see any compelling reason to attack Nexus as a cabal.

Feel free to post whatever.

Kwoalewei (Anonymous)Sun 03-Aug-14 09:14 PM
Charter member
#121548, "Re: The Final Embrace"
In response to Reply #1

By chance (or will alone) we envisioned the rebirth of the Temple in our youth. And thus we separately set out for something that likely neither of us expected to succeed, perhaps more the futile path of a lone visionary. And then it happened most suddenly, remarkably early on, and from there it's been one grande adventure.

You were a rare beast that struck terror into damn near everyone, as far as I could tell. Just impressive and truly entertaining to watch-- and always one to be glad was an ally and not an enemy. We didn't run together so much, as is our way, but the times that did were memorable, to say the least.

I thought you did a spectacular job as the Voice and clearly put a lot of heart and soul into it. Well done.

Quarissa (Anonymous)Mon 04-Aug-14 05:48 PM
Charter member
#121577, "RE: Re: The Final Embrace"
In response to Reply #3

Thanks for the kind words. I hope Father makes you the next Voice.

TMNSMon 04-Aug-14 07:13 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121554, "It's a weird world we live in where IMMs claim more cha..."
In response to Reply #1

Other than that, and the fact that the lancehead was OMGWTFBBQ?!?!?! seemed like a really solid character.

incognitoMon 04-Aug-14 11:23 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121563, "Which imm claimed this char? Nt"
In response to Reply #4

Nt

TMNSMon 04-Aug-14 12:41 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#121567, "Was referencing RayBaer claiming Andira..."
In response to Reply #7

...and people like Nepenthe/Twist/other IMMs being pretty awesomely transparent by claiming their chars.

Quarissa (Anonymous)Mon 04-Aug-14 05:50 PM
Charter member
#121578, "I'm a complete unknown someone"
In response to Reply #4

My nick wouldn't tell you much of anything. I tend to play under the radar usually. I'm a vet and my overarching motto is "Don't be an asshole" - there are many of us actually, I meet others in the club often.

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Mon 04-Aug-14 07:52 AM
Charter member
#121555, "RE: Finally I was able to Embrace Father"
In response to Reply #1

As I said, enjoyed you greatly! Properly snide (though your goodbye comments are sort of in line with Quarissa personality. Lol love it.)

I think a revenant got me once with you defending but I can't recall you ever killing me. Maybe once. Not saying you didn't but I can't remember.

See you in the fields soon.

Quarissa (Anonymous)Mon 04-Aug-14 06:29 PM
Charter member
#121580, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #5

The key there was mors dispelling you. A very fun and chaotic fight, with you guys scattering like rats. Unfortunately, only happened once, you learnt. Posted on qhcf.

YsaloeryeMon 04-Aug-14 10:38 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#121559, "Creepy Git"
In response to Reply #1

Man watching you made me want to try an evil conjie sometimes, then I'd see you die horribly to a devil or another of your charmies and I'd think....em maybe not.
When you were rolling you were unstoppable. Always with a good, creepy evil vibe, often leaving people wondering if you were just about to kill them at any moment.

Solid character

Quarissa (Anonymous)Mon 04-Aug-14 06:31 PM
Charter member
#121581, "Conjies are a lot of upkeep"
In response to Reply #6

I could've been more conservative, but it's no fun. I accepted dying to servitors as part of the class. Was a slight touch annoying for it to happen in the middle of the raid though.

I've tried the evil, creepy, but not an asshole vibe.

Aurtu (Anonymous)Mon 04-Aug-14 08:42 PM
Charter member
#121582, "Thanks for everything"
In response to Reply #1

I really enjoyed our (too short) time together in the Temple. Never played a Scarab before, and you taught me a lot. I loved your RP and thought you did a good job of being sufficiently creepy. Hopefully your next character is equally as successful.

Quarissa (Anonymous)Wed 06-Aug-14 07:17 PM
Charter member
#121598, "No prob"
In response to Reply #14

Thanks for making a Scarabite. I've tried to make sure the dogma is there with the Scarabites at least. But usually tried to spread it to Thera as a whole, as no doubt everyone knows. Good luck at being creepy yourself! Have to pick up the flag now.

ScarabaeusWed 06-Aug-14 03:05 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#121594, "RE: Finally I was able to Embrace Father"
In response to Reply #1

(perhaps give more specific attention to the Pure?)

I do apologize for not being more accessible. From mid-December through April I was very sick and, after a month or two of that, found myself falling behind in every other area of life. I tried to keep MUD responsibilities going, but Scarab is not the only item on that list.

I'm glad someone figured out how to kill you finally! I published your PBF just a few minutes ago.

Quarissa (Anonymous)Wed 06-Aug-14 07:24 PM
Charter member
#121599, "I was more or less done after initial Temple opening"
In response to Reply #15

Not sure what else could've been done with the char after that. (Well, aside from a few inducts). But for other people, especially someone who didn't get to experience Scarab prior, I'd think it would be a huge boon.

Sorry you got sick, hope you're better now, thanks for the PBF, was for some reason sure I hit 200 pk, but oh well.

Could've stayed around forever, had enough edge points for a train, and probably for another at least, but kinda asked around if I was needed and got the feeling I'm done.

I'm fine with our interactions, was able to accomplish what I set out to do, but it's more for the younger set who might not have ever interacted with you. I mean, the Temple is fairly specific at who imm-leads it.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121542 Previous topic | Next topic