Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Koom the Holy of Faith" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121471
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 31-Jul-14 07:36 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121471, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Koom the Holy of Faith"

Thu Jul 31 07:32:08 2014

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Koom perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:200

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HuttoFri 01-Aug-14 02:45 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
234 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121481, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Wanted to see if I could enjoy a more casual character. My goals were: 1) Have fun with a not so serious RP; 2) pk without prepping.

I think I was successful on the first. The sexist stuff was fun, even though I was surprised by how many people are playing female characters these days.

The second? That's a part of why I'm taking a break again. I don't have a lot of time, and I don't want to spend it prepping or looking for secret Outlander stuff. Was hoping I wouldn't have to prep as much with an empowerment character, but in the end there were a lot of fights where stoneskin or shield would have helped soooo much. The only prep I consistently gathered was teleport potions. Maybe one of the shaman paths can get teleport? That'd be cool. Maybe drop chromatic flame in the Anarchy path?

I did enjoy Outlander. Chameleon, wind walk, and harvest are great for relaxed play.

Thoughts on the Paths (Venom and Breaker):

Malice gets kills.

For the rest I felt like I need more time in the fight to land enough to do anything. Basically, if you're not going to prep, you're going to have to play like a support character.

I love the idea of Devalue Life and Questioning Thoughts, but they are both savable and take 2 rounds per cast. Imagine the frustration when trying to land other 1 round supplications, only with twice the lag. There was one fight, which I'll post sometime, where me and Azzael got someone with Devalue, Questioning, Muddle, and Insects. So. Much. Fun. Some more fights like that and the character would have been a lot more fun to play. I couldn't have done it without him though. If someone had decent saves, my only real choice was trying to outdamage.

Forbidden Thoughts rarely seemed worth the attempt (might as well energy drain).

I enjoyed Avatar of Venom.

Noxious Cloud is a 100 mana RP tool, right? I had hoped it would at least wake me up from being knocked out, but nope. Maybe drop it to 25 mana and drop the recast timer to 3 hours? Let the Venom shaman spam it more. As it is, it's so niche as to be practically worthless.

Fearful Mind was my go to for damage as it was only 1 round, unless they were convulsing then I'd use Miasma to try to finish. I didn't practice Demonfire or Dispel Good, so I don't know how these all stack up.

Fire giants need to start with higher stats. Seriously.

Azzael: Thanks for the empowerment talk, induction, equipment, healing, sancs, adventures, and top notch RP through it all. Thanks and nice job as Nightreaver.

Hughli: Enjoyed the character. I must admit I was surprised when I did "who sphere" after I saw your tattoo and saw you were chaos too. I guess there's rooms for all types. I think you caused a lot of eq to end up in my hands, so thank you for that.

Praemothar: I was looking forward to a 1v1 sometime. I don't blame you for the 2v1 attempt. I would have done the same in your spot.

Sivane: I liked this char. I wanted to go on a pking spree with you sometime, but it didn't seem to fit either of our RP.

Sugny, Foedette, Yegrut: Enjoyed our talks.

Llaryin: Sorry about getting you when you were almost naked and convulsing. It isn't like I knew, and there had been plenty of build-up in the logins leading up to that point. Surprised you kept trying to kill me when I was raiding other cabals. I tried to log all your tells and cb complaints for posterity, but the bard really likes to talk and can hold a grudge like its nobody's business. It did make things more interesting, don't you think?

Helfenau (sorry, I'm sure I mangled your name): Congrats on Nightreaver. This is a great char. Loved the 'purist' type of RP.

Cionadh: I love some gruff dwarven RP. Sometimes yours was so authentic it almost felt like you had to be complaining about me personally, about how I was playing (fleeing and resting when I ran out of mana). I loved it when you said something about "Having fun?" when you were hilt-smashing my face and fleeing, and then promptly fell over dead a tick or two later from supplications while I was still blind. I got a good laugh from the timing of that. Fun fight in Kiadana. I've got that one logged.

Guargoux: Thanks for showing me that sharks can disembowel. Sucks I lost that ring.

Hrast: I wanna guess who plays this character, but it'll have to wait.

Fenwick: Fun fights. Because of you I used two valuable inventory slots for save vs para.

Tralgdar, Ruakao, Jarlduz, Niji, Elasia, Cetali, elf warrior whose name escapes me: We had some good fights.

Kwoalewei: Really?!

Imms: Lyristeon, thanks for the paths. I was intending to ask you pick the second, so that worked out perfectly. I think that was the only time I ran across any Imms. My first empowerment character since I had a healer of Nashyr and I only manage 1800 Imm xp. Was hoping for a few more edges, but oh well. I was fully empowered, so that's nice.

Hutto, the Sleepy

Helfinu (Anonymous)Fri 01-Aug-14 12:29 PM
Charter member
#121488, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

I really liked the tension in our religions difference. I was lookong forward to when I got to/near hero, the fight for dominance between us that was... (queue agent smith voice) inevitable. Alas - Death comes for us all.

GLWYN

Cionadh (Anonymous)Fri 01-Aug-14 03:50 PM
Charter member
#121495, "Bah, bloody annoyin giant!"
In response to Reply #3

If I squint I was sure ya was an orc ya were such a coward. I'm still workin on 'at mine right through the swamp ya loved so much by the way!

I did feel like a complete idiot when malice took me there in Hamsah. I thought you did a great job with an imp follower, better than most of the others i've run into as you tended to be completely unpredictable.

GLWYN

Yegrut (Anonymous)Thu 31-Jul-14 08:23 AM
Charter member
#121472, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Koom the Holy of Faith"
In response to Reply #0

You had a unique RP angle and I enjoyed our (admittedly brief) interactions. Why the delete?

DallevianThu 31-Jul-14 08:48 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#121473, "Yah, I liked Koom and thought"
In response to Reply #1

he was more dangerous than he probably really was. Nice job.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121471 Previous topic | Next topic