Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Gvorn the Protector of the Meek" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121468
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 30-Jul-14 10:40 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121468, "(DELETED) [None] Gvorn the Protector of the Meek"

Wed Jul 30 22:39:02 2014

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Gvorn perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:33
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:48

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Sorry it went the way it did, Cionadh (Anonymous), 31-Jul-14 01:00 PM, #2
Reply What did you ask from him?, incognito, 31-Jul-14 03:30 PM, #3
Reply What I asked of Gvorn, Cionadh (Anonymous), 01-Aug-14 04:33 PM, #4
     Reply Fair enough, incognito, 01-Aug-14 11:36 PM, #6
Reply RE: Sorry it went the way it did, Corwyn (Anonymous), 01-Aug-14 05:54 PM, #5
Reply Very, very quick., Akresius, 30-Jul-14 11:17 PM, #1

Cionadh (Anonymous)Thu 31-Jul-14 01:00 PM
Charter member
#121474, "Sorry it went the way it did"
In response to Reply #0

I was rooting for you and I do hope you understand what I asked of you was not intended to deter your progress as you would have gained nothing from being a squire that would have helped with your frustration.

GLWYN

incognitoThu 31-Jul-14 03:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121475, "What did you ask from him?"
In response to Reply #2

And I beg to differ if you think being a squire isn't a step up from not being one. There's more to cabals than just the powers. Like knowing when people are retrieving and fighting them where it is harder for them to flee, while having easy access to a healer. Plus the pit.

I'm not saying you didn't make the right decision, but I am not sure I agree that being a squire wouldn't have helped. Even advantages aside, a sense of progress, recognition, and belonging are worth something in frustrating times.

I would have liked to see gvorn succeed because he kept to the code where many other paladins flout the spirit of it.

Cionadh (Anonymous)Fri 01-Aug-14 04:33 PM
Charter member
#121499, "What I asked of Gvorn"
In response to Reply #3

Good points as regard being a squire.

'If you feel worthy, come not unblooded before one of the commanders of the Brigade.'

It is typical that I ask pledges whom I interview to talk of their Victory. In Gvorn's case there were aspects of his answer that led me to asking him to defeat another foe. More than that should remain IC or be discussed at Gvorn's discretion.

incognitoFri 01-Aug-14 11:36 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121517, "Fair enough"
In response to Reply #4

I half wondered if he had a specific target who wasn't on much or who was never going to die to his combo.

Corwyn (Anonymous)Fri 01-Aug-14 05:54 PM
Charter member
#121502, "RE: Sorry it went the way it did"
In response to Reply #2

I was actually hoping Gvorn was going to become a squire relatively soon after that discussion. I liked the character, even though Corwyn's initial IC reaction was errm...I'm not so sure.

We had two brief interactions, and I enjoyed them. GLWYN. Stop playing 60 hours a week! You are worse than me.

AkresiusWed 30-Jul-14 11:17 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121469, "Very, very quick."
In response to Reply #0

Some things I noticed about this character.

1. You said all the right things. It was easy for me to see that you understood the basics of the religion. Well done, there.

2. You were not afraid to mix it up with anyone in your range. You didn't give up on fights, and you kept coming back for more against some pretty tough opponents. Again, well done!

3. You played a ton, and I mean a ton of hours in a very short time. All told, this character maybe lasted a week, which was about as long as Olaf lasted. You were empowered on Monday at 18 hours and were praying on Wednesday at 40 hours saying you had learned about combat. Way too soon, in my book.

4. Yes, I knew this was you. If that bothers you, I would advise you to be more discreet in the future when posting questions regarding your active characters. Personally, I do not like knowing who the player is behind an active character. I am happy, though, that I decided to have Gvorn as a follower.

5. All that being said, I was looking for a positive situation from you so I could dole out a virtue. Points 1 and 2 were awesome, but in the end, I need some results to work with.

I wish you luck on your next character.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121468 Previous topic | Next topic