Subject: "(CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Thurmonbrue Eisenwald the Broken Sp..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121429
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 21-Jul-14 08:44 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121429, "(CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Thurmonbrue Eisenwald the Broken Spectre, Maimed by a Cautery Iron"

Mon Jul 21 20:40:25 2014

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Thurmonbrue perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:327

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Was pulling for you., Guargoux (Anonymous), 23-Jul-14 05:43 PM, #13
Reply You will be missed, Soalar (Anonymous), 22-Jul-14 10:45 AM, #11
Reply RE: You will be missed, SideStrider, 22-Jul-14 10:54 AM, #12
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Thurmonbrue Eisenwald the Broke..., Amatrysti (Anonymous), 22-Jul-14 02:35 AM, #7
Reply Cool character., Tsunami, 22-Jul-14 12:38 AM, #6
Reply yep, cool and enjoyable. nt, Dallevian, 22-Jul-14 08:54 AM, #9
     Reply Ditto, incognito, 22-Jul-14 10:34 AM, #10
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Thurmonbrue Eisenwald the Broke..., SideStrider, 21-Jul-14 09:05 PM, #1
     Reply Bummer, Quarissa (Anonymous), 21-Jul-14 09:29 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Bummer, SideStrider, 21-Jul-14 11:13 PM, #5
     Reply Lich, TJHuron, 21-Jul-14 10:32 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Lich, SideStrider, 21-Jul-14 10:52 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Thurmonbrue Eisenwald the Broke..., Isabaeux (Anonymous), 22-Jul-14 02:38 AM, #8
     Reply Damn., Kwoalewei (Anonymous), 01-Aug-14 08:19 AM, #14
     Reply RE: Damn., SideStrider, 01-Aug-14 12:43 PM, #15
     Reply Thanks!, Aurtu (Anonymous), 04-Aug-14 08:44 PM, #16

Guargoux (Anonymous)Wed 23-Jul-14 05:43 PM
Charter member
#121445, "Was pulling for you."
In response to Reply #0

I couldn't help but like your character. Slightly sinister mage of the undead without the sway into a$$hole territory made for some fun interactions. I traveled with you a good bit, visited a couple places that I hadn't fully understood before hand and really wanted to see you be successful with the elixir. It seems there have been several attempts in the last couple years with no real notable successes and I wanted to be a part of one. Anyway, I wish you the best with your next one and hope this one hasn't soured you for long.

Soalar (Anonymous)Tue 22-Jul-14 10:45 AM
Charter member
#121441, "You will be missed"
In response to Reply #0

I probably ran with you more than any other char (at least since I joined the Cult), and I really enjoyed our discussions about necromancy, necromantic tactics, etc.

Hope you come back soon with another exemplary char - your presence will be missed.

SideStriderTue 22-Jul-14 10:54 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2007
208 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#121442, "RE: You will be missed"
In response to Reply #11

Yup. I could kinda see you hadn't picked up on some the things I had with all my test necros. So I decided to pass them along. Hopefully you tough it out the end too. Who knows maybe you can thumb your nose at me and become the mortal undead wandering the temple

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Tue 22-Jul-14 02:35 AM
Charter member
#121437, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Thurmonbrue Eisenwald the Broke..."
In response to Reply #0

I was looking forward to many more interactions. I was a pain in your arse while you were younger to some an extent. Enjoyed the lone battle we had. I expected you flee/teleport at any second but you hung in there. Solid character.

TsunamiTue 22-Jul-14 12:38 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121436, "Cool character."
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed our interactions.

DallevianTue 22-Jul-14 08:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#121439, "yep, cool and enjoyable. nt"
In response to Reply #6

nt

incognitoTue 22-Jul-14 10:34 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121440, "Ditto"
In response to Reply #9

Most of the time I want to see the liching fail because lich can be op, but in your case I really wanted it to succeed. Which is because you seemed cool rather than because you wouldn't be op even as a lich

SideStriderMon 21-Jul-14 09:05 PM
208 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#121431, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Thurmonbrue Eisenwald the Broke..."
In response to Reply #0

Man what a ride. I was so sure I was going to make it. I blame you Quarissa you led me wrong! *jk* I played a few necromancers just to test the waters then I started this character with every intention of going for lich from the very beginning. One of my friends who is in the army on security detail challenged me to try to get a lich, plus I was tired of hearing him brag about his from half a bloody century ago.

It was fun. I didn't have a whole lot of trouble in the earlier ranks, but once I got to spectre I pretty much became a punching bag made out of meat. Just didn't have success landing my spells against people towards hero ranks, but it was fun anyway.

Throwing out a goodbyes to people I noted. If I miss somebody drop a thread and I'll come back to include you.

Scarab: All of you. Most notably Kwoalewei- Thanks for all your help buddy. You were pretty much my goto guy in the Cabal. We spent a great amount of time running around together. Was good times.

Fortress: Cionadh- If there were in game pills for stress you seem to need them. For a lightwalker you were mouthy as all hell. You need to simmer down a bit.

Amatrysti- I didn't see much of you but when you were about you were a constant thorn in my side. Man I wanted to kill you.

Resdrenn- You were a pain in my butt as well. Atleast Im glad I got to see you dead at my feet a few times. BANSHEE POWER ACTIVATE!

Battle: Hrast and Gergan- You two were constant pains in my butt. Always after me like flies after horse dung.

Erighan- You always had a knack for showing up when I just died or didn't have any power behind me yet. Sorry I wasn't a better sport.

Herald: Eralsodiz- Thanks for all you did for me. You were a great help getting to where I wanted to go.

Scions: Anilsanatne- Guess your going to have to reign alone. Thanks for all the necromancer tips in the beginning stages.

Tribunal: Elasia- Thanks for your map!

Empire: Niji- Another hated foe. I despised those phoenix kicks and took a edge for it, not that it helped one little bit. You were pretty good with assassinate and I know I always had to be on the look out for you and Jarlduz wandering about.

Nexan: Guargoux- Thanks for the help. You were one of ones who helped keep me entertained when I was hard up for it.

Ahh the good times. *sniffle*

So long,

Thurmonbrue, Balli Ishwah, Stromm, Rozerto, Grax, Burmillion and at least a hundred others.

Quarissa (Anonymous)Mon 21-Jul-14 09:29 PM
Charter member
#121432, "Bummer"
In response to Reply #1

Was fairly sure you'd be able to at least roll the dice on the lichdom, you were so close. Unfortunately, seems like you didn't find that last item. Too bad I couldn't help you with it, absolutely no idea where it could be.

As for leading, well, sure it's totally my fault, but the Temple is all about the free Will, so I try hard not to order anyone around, but rather be there if the help is needed.

Good job as far as I can tell, but perhaps give off a more evil vibe if you're this awful necro who wants to be a lich?

GLWYN!

SideStriderMon 21-Jul-14 11:05 PM
208 posts
#121435, "RE: Bummer"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Mon 21-Jul-14 11:13 PM

You lie like a rug woman. Your the one who told me where to go collect it and like the good little sheep I was I trusted you *sniffle*

Again I joke. Your guess was as good as any because the same type of item I found was made from the wrong material than the one you suggested, which was the correct material.

And my evil is more of a show. People who were around me enough or immortals that watched me enough probably got a see a bit. I probably had a list of emotes twelve pages long for this character. With the current playerbase and dynamic the game is in I cannot bring myself to be too much of a prick. I mean how much bawling did you hear over someone loosing one sword let alone, if heaven for bid I had pillaged or killed someone more than once. I look at it if I don't really think I would be too pleased to have it done to me I cannot really do it myself. If my showmanship doesn't cut it then no matter. It's how I've always done it and I tried my best with how I wanted to do it, which was why I joined scarab in the first place.

**edited to add this**

However I did have three additional role entries that I did not add because they involved my transformation. If I had succeeded the character would have spun in a completely different direction and demeanor. It was why I checked to see if there was any chance to recover from the failure. I really wanted to try out what I had in mind. It was what I intended from the start, but I guess I can throw this horde of notebook paper with scribbles on them away now and scrap this role.

Ah well I rolled the dice and failed. What do you do eh?

TJHuronMon 21-Jul-14 10:32 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121433, "Lich"
In response to Reply #1

So did you get a Lich quest and die drinking the elixir?

SideStriderMon 21-Jul-14 10:52 PM
208 posts
#121434, "RE: Lich"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah. One of the items I required was wrong, thus the title, but hey I got some of em right..... Honestly if I wasn't such an explorer rat with all of my previous characters there was likely a good chance I would not have found any of them though. Still have no clue where what I got wrong might have been.

Isabaeux (Anonymous)Tue 22-Jul-14 02:38 AM
Charter member
#121438, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Thurmonbrue Eisenwald the Broke..."
In response to Reply #1

Gratz on getting as far as a lich quest regardless of the outcome.

Kwoalewei (Anonymous)Fri 01-Aug-14 08:19 AM
Charter member
#121484, "Damn."
In response to Reply #1

Really thought you had it all lined up and we were soon to have a Lich within the Temple. Damn. Had some big plans for our future that were not meant to be.

Regardless, I had a lot of fun running around with you, and learned a good deal. Your search became my own, and I did what I could as the Eye to truly see to it what you searched for was found. That was no easy task, quite clearly.

You shall fight on as a revenant of the Temple, I am sure. See you around? Be well.

-The Eye

SideStriderFri 01-Aug-14 12:43 PM
208 posts
#121491, "RE: Damn."
In response to Reply #14

Yeah, I had hoped I had it in the bag, but whatever not this time . Eventually after I give it a bit of time again I'll give it another go. It's my mission to get a lich one day. I've done damn near everything else the game has to offer.... well I've actually never played a lightwalker, but that just isn't my cup of tea.

I had thought about trying to play one of the other types of undead, but I really really want to give a lich a go. Simply because of some of the roles I have in mind, it is the best fit.

I haven't given up yet, but figured it'd be a bit tacky just to roll another necro right away.

Aurtu (Anonymous)Mon 04-Aug-14 08:44 PM
Charter member
#121583, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #1

You were probably the most constant presence for Scarab since I was inducted. Thanks for helping me out with RP and the occasional piece of gear. Sorry your quest items didn't work out. I was really pulling for you. Best of luck on your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121429 Previous topic | Next topic