Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rynir Kalrend the Legend of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121128
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 28-Jun-14 02:30 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121128, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rynir Kalrend the Legend of the Battlefield"

Sat Jun 28 14:29:23 2014

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Rynir perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:88

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Cionadh (Anonymous)Sun 29-Jun-14 07:12 PM
Charter member
#121130, "What happened?"
In response to Reply #0

This surprised me as you just hit hero. Mind sharing your thoughts?

Rynir (Anonymous)Mon 30-Jun-14 09:26 AM
Charter member
#121139, "RE: What happened?"
In response to Reply #1

Fort people are awesome, as they generally have been. I really hated to delete for the sheer amount of help I had gotten from people like Cionadh and Amatrysti.

The overly short answer is that I don't get giant tactics. I keep pushing myself to play them every once in a while, hoping to figure out what I am missing. For each giant I have played, it felt like 15-25 I was awesome, 25-35 I was okay, and 35 on I was just lackluster.

I was fairly happy with mace, though I didn't hit nearly as much as I would have hoped to and started to wish I had gone axe at the end. Spear defended better than I expected and impale was more reliable than I thought it would be. Cry is as powerful as it always is. Calming is where the issue began. Before I reached 48 to take it, I was getting destroyed by transmuters. I might as well have walked away from the screen because I would spend 8 rounds + just frozen (I guess this is from the 17 intelligence?). I started trying to gear for saves and svp and took calming, and the exact same thing happened. Granted, I am not claiming to have been geared greatly. I think I should have just geared for damage in the end and tried to run them off before dying myself, but that really meant I just wasted a legacy for little effect.

In general, I am not sure why everyone hates on goodies and gear. I'd much rather play a neutral or evil every day of the week. At least then I could kill anything that held gear I wanted without having to have all the moral dilemma's. If it wasn't in, I could kill it then check if it came back. If an "ally" had it, depending on the character I would wait for them to fall or potentially kill them for it.

Overall, I just ended up as a character who could be very useful to an ally but by himself was more or less a chump. He could have developed into more, but I didn't see the power ceiling raising much. I didn't have the numbers to roll around with an ally non-stop and everyone I was matched against had me outclassed so I deleted.

Cionadh (Anonymous)Mon 30-Jun-14 10:05 AM
Charter member
#121142, "Thanks for replying"
In response to Reply #2

Glad to hear it was game mechanics, sorry you didnt find giant fun enough to stick it out. I enjoyed our times together. GLWYN.

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Tue 01-Jul-14 06:28 PM
Charter member
#121180, "RE: What happened?"
In response to Reply #2

You seemed to do well and was looking forward to hunting by your side while we could. I loved leading you to your foes , stepping aside, and watching you work.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121128 Previous topic | Next topic