Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Balok al'iblith the Watcher of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121058
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 20-Jun-14 07:08 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121058, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Balok al'iblith the Watcher of the Storms"

Fri Jun 20 07:07:24 2014

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Balok perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:41
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:95

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Just never felt the role, Welverin, 20-Jun-14 07:28 AM, #1
     Reply congrats on non-fort, for real. nt, Dallevian, 20-Jun-14 08:47 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Just never felt the role, Keara (Anonymous), 21-Jun-14 06:40 AM, #3
     Reply No relationships???, Wendo (Anonymous), 21-Jun-14 10:56 PM, #4
     Reply RE: No relationships???, Welverin, 22-Jun-14 09:27 AM, #5
     Reply Try an evil?, incognito, 23-Jun-14 06:22 AM, #6

WelverinFri 20-Jun-14 07:28 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121059, "Just never felt the role"
In response to Reply #0

It was fun, the build was absolutely solid for surviving as long as I didn't make dumb mistakes. Most of my interactions with folks were pretty awesome. I just couldn't get into it. I tried, oh how I tried. I was actually surprised at how well I fought outside the wilds, but not having built in DAM redux just make life soooo fricken hard. I missed my Sanc from my typical pally builds. It was really hard trying to engineer kills becuase for a long time I was pretty sure that I couldn't fight outside the wilds and survive. I landed at least one good kill in the Lands against Drem, but he gave i right back with a zillion trap explosion at the vanquisher.

Lots of folks out there I interacted with, but I don't feel like I really developed any deep relationships, all in all I feel the character was pretty shallow, and hence the Delete.

See you with my next.

DallevianFri 20-Jun-14 08:47 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#121061, "congrats on non-fort, for real. nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

Keara (Anonymous)Sat 21-Jun-14 06:40 AM
Charter member
#121074, "RE: Just never felt the role"
In response to Reply #1

I didn't get the vibe you hadn't developed the character, just maybe that it hadn't fully come to fruition yet.

Regardless, was nice talking when we did, brief though our chats were. A friendly voice from the trees some of those days was very nice.

Best of luck with the next.

K

Wendo (Anonymous)Sat 21-Jun-14 10:56 PM
Charter member
#121087, "No relationships???"
In response to Reply #1

I'm hurt...

WelverinSun 22-Jun-14 09:27 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
#121089, "RE: No relationships???"
In response to Reply #4

You were one of the few notable exceptions to that. It was fun having you around for sure. I think I will try the build again some day, but probably somewhere that I can buy preps. Outtie is fun for mots of the time, but it was tough having to learn where the easiest prep gathering spots were. I learned a few, but the randomness of an AI made it tough to rely on, not that I ever got it up that high. I might come back to the tree eventually with something, just not sure what.

incognitoMon 23-Jun-14 06:22 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121096, "Try an evil?"
In response to Reply #1

It's important to see the cf experience from the other side once in a while. Otherwise you develop a bias in most cases.

I remember hating imperials and scions until I tried them. Completely changed my view of how different factions behave, whilst recognising that players may shift and change how factions behave over time, and the impact on the game.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121058 Previous topic | Next topic