Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Qintaris Trandorian the Revitalized Pr..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120964
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 08-Jun-14 07:51 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120964, "(DELETED) [None] Qintaris Trandorian the Revitalized Practitioner of the Twin Honors, Bloodoathed of the Empire"

Sun Jun 8 07:49:35 2014

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Qintaris perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:312

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbye, Amatrysti (Anonymous), 09-Jun-14 08:36 AM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Qintaris Trandorian the Revitalize..., Charade, 08-Jun-14 01:43 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Qintaris Trandorian the Revitalize..., Daevryn, 08-Jun-14 02:08 PM, #2
     Reply This is exactly true, Charade, 08-Jun-14 02:29 PM, #3
     Reply What do you mean no reason?, TheBluestThumb, 08-Jun-14 02:31 PM, #4
     Reply Very true, Charade, 08-Jun-14 03:12 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Skill loss:, Valguarnera, 08-Jun-14 03:26 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Skill loss:, Charade, 08-Jun-14 05:18 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Qintaris Trandorian the Revitalize..., Destuvius, 08-Jun-14 03:36 PM, #7
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Qintaris Trandorian the Revitalize..., Charade, 08-Jun-14 05:21 PM, #9
     Reply Well done. Thanks for everything in game. , Maligor Torwin (Anonymous), 08-Jun-14 07:05 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Well done. Thanks for everything in game. , Charade, 08-Jun-14 10:14 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Well done. Thanks for everything in game. , Maligor Torwin (Anonymous), 08-Jun-14 11:30 PM, #13
     Reply A great nemesis..., Crrya (Anonymous), 08-Jun-14 08:33 PM, #11
     Reply So long my worthiest of opponents.., Voszoad (Anonymous), 09-Jun-14 10:30 PM, #15
     Reply Inspiring, Ashmon (Anonymous), 21-Jun-14 10:12 PM, #16

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Mon 09-Jun-14 08:36 AM
Charter member
#120981, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

I was happy to see you log in every time, put a little pep in my step. I truly enjoyed the talks, the chases and the fights. I was only able to aid in killing you 2-3 times because you were quite skilled and slippery when wet.

As for the nice, civil evil doer? Brilliantly well done! Just because one is evil does not mean they have to be like an Orc or a dominating drow matron or serial rapist. You were a cool sort of evil that is refreshing.

CharadeSun 08-Jun-14 01:43 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120966, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Qintaris Trandorian the Revitalize..."
In response to Reply #0

I just happened to look at facebook and saw Niji was the new Emperor and so I felt it was time to go. Never played a Shaman before and it had been years since I played Empire so when neoshaman went in I really wanted to try one. Had a role in mind but Enlilth was MIA so I shelved it and mucked around trying to find something to play. Bard Outtie, Druid nexite but nothing was sticking. Then Destuvius showed up and I saw my in. His religion was exactly what I liked and so I started Qin. Never supposed to be a leader character. Figured high priest maybe but never emperor. But sadly when Gharzal deleted Anhkran was a shoe in for emperor but OOC crying made him delete. He did the you Vote for me I'll vote for you deal and so I'm willing to bet all the sects voted for him he voted for me, he deleted and I won emperor with one vote. Just a guess. Qintaris believed wholly in the Empire as the pinnacle of civilization and that all were welcome to take the bloodoath. He believed in civility in nearly all things and interactions. I really tried to recruit with the character. I would search out younger characters and try to talk them into the Empire. Think I did that well. I'm sure I had more bloodoaths than anyone else in Empire and probably got a few people who weren't thinking of joining. Most of the time I gave them a bit of gear as an incentive. Went along fine for a long time then hit a patch when I had to go out of country for work for a couple weeks and couldn't play and then hit three weeks of brutal work right when I got back which is when the first coup happened. Didn't work. I hate even the idea of ruining a persons character and so I knew I wasn't going to Anathema anyone since a coup was totally justified. Niji was the first one I saw so I got his version of it and the talked to my high priest. Niji played it perfectly. When I got called before Destuvius I told him to bloodoath Nizili and Ahthamael for the coup. I let the other two off and that's when I was titled and unempowered down a tier. Which was completely the right thing to do religion wise and really gave this character a new way to grow since he was stagnating a bit. *Soapbox* It's sad to me that so many would have quit and deleted right here because the got a crappy title and lost some power. It's such an opportunity and people just cry and quit because they can't take anything bad happening without calling it an Imm conspiracy. Roll with it. Play it out. Try. *Soapbox*. Anyway I played him afterwards as overcompensating in power and being more of a I said so leader since he felt he was in a weakened position. That felt like a natural reaction. I know some imperials didn't like that but it was an RP decision not a your input is bad one. I never felt like I ever got back too much footing though I did get empowered and retitled. I wanted to try and con die but I knew that since I could only play 7-10 hours a week another coup was probably coming and told myself that I could delete if it did. Also I had made a statue and was trying to get a quest going for a mint but never heard anything from either so I knew that this character had probably run its course. Only regret was I really wanted something in game that I contributed but I just couldn't get it done. All in all I think I did well. Solo raided a lot and ALWAYS tried to retrieve. Stupidly so sometimes. Back to back leaders have burned me out on that aspect though.

THE GOOD:
Neoshaman: Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Just so cool. Thanks Daev. And everyone else. My paths were Anger and Vengeance and I think they are the two toughest paths together. I would definitely be careful handing them out together to a strong shaman player. Nothing fights like a shaman since it's such a tightrope walk of rope-a-dope. Really loved the class.

Destuvius: Thanks for the enjoyment. Your religion was great and I really enjoyed our every interaction.

Empire: Was great. Emperor powers are sick. Though I have no idea how anyone would play a shaman without black channel or the like. When I didn't have the codex it was BRUTAL on my mana.

THE BAD:
I see 2 shadows in the scion cabal. I co afflict 2. and one must have left so I end up accidentally targeting myself. 100% afflict goes to 79% afflict. I understand why this was in the game long ago to stop from spamming spells on yourself but not seeing why it's still there. Even if it stays, 21% seems steep for a mistake. 5 to 7 would viable though I think you should just get a message saying that you can't target yourself with that spell or some such. My fault for doing it that way but a steep price to pay.

GOODBYES:

Write and I'll write back. I'll forgo those whom I've already said goodbye to and really only going to post a select few.

Niji: Nice work. I wanted to anathema you but I couldn't since I had no concrete reason and Civility dictated that I needed one. I knew you were plotting and I could have left the council empty on the black side but it just seemed cheap to do so.

Jarlduz: Such a great beast. Loved having you around.

Voszoad: I loved loved loved fighting you and just anytime you were on. So glad you Imm'd. You were far and away my favorite opponent.

Amartrysti: Another opponent I loved, though I could't land anything on you. Your saves must have been sky high or my luck terrible since there were times I would go 6-9 spells without one of them landing. Our talks were highlights for me.

Turmi: So glad when you got back in command. You were always just and fair and I knew the Empire could deal with you.

Crraya: Great enemy, great character once we got to talking. Excellent work getting away in the Imperial lands. an Epic battle. Think its the reason I got re-empowered since I was fighting without my top spells and then I accidently hit wither and it went through and I was like, whoa, I have everything again, sadly by that time you were able to get away.

Foedett: A great trapper thief to be sure, and I can appreciate not fighting head to head. Smart play. That being said I think to garner the most respect you have to at least stick around every once in a while and fight. Your traps were super strong and annoying but to just set them to annoy does just that. I would have respected you more if you stayed a bit. But thats just me. Still a great character from what all the outties say.

Any questions about Shamans I'll try to answer.

Thank you Immortals for all your time. I cant find enjoyment in any other game that I can find in this one.

See you in the Fields.

Charade

DaevrynSun 08-Jun-14 02:08 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120967, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Qintaris Trandorian the Revitalize..."
In response to Reply #1

Generally a very good character all around. Your one fatal flaw (and I think you'd be the first to admit it, based on your goodbyes) is that at times you really struggled to be as evil as the character should be. Lots of people struggle with that one, though, you definitely aren't alone in that.

Good luck with your next.

CharadeSun 08-Jun-14 02:29 PM
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120968, "This is exactly true"
In response to Reply #2

I'm nice guy evil. It's something I really need to work on. But try not to overreach to douchebag evil. Someday.

TheBluestThumbSun 08-Jun-14 02:30 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
#120969, "What do you mean no reason?"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sun 08-Jun-14 02:31 PM

What do you mean no reason? I warned you! Ooglarr approached you TWICE about Niji's scheming and how he was plotting a coup.

Big fan of Qintaris by and large. Sure, at times you were a deadbeat dad, but you had that whole preachey thing down to a T.

CharadeSun 08-Jun-14 03:12 PM
120 posts
#120970, "Very true"
In response to Reply #4

Civility made me look for one more instance besides your words. I needed more than he said she said. And I could never get the concrete second instance. High priest didn't back up your words and we had no dread lord.

I knew you were telling me he truth, but i just couldn't pull the trigger on that alone. Stupid civility.

Damn I missed you when you were gone. Ooglarr was so great.

ValguarneraSun 08-Jun-14 03:26 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120971, "RE: Skill loss:"
In response to Reply #1

THE BAD:
I see 2 shadows in the scion cabal. I co afflict 2. and one must have left so I end up accidentally targeting myself. 100% afflict goes to 79% afflict. I understand why this was in the game long ago to stop from spamming spells on yourself but not seeing why it's still there. Even if it stays, 21% seems steep for a mistake. 5 to 7 would viable though I think you should just get a message saying that you can't target yourself with that spell or some such. My fault for doing it that way but a steep price to pay.

There was a weird discrepancy there where mages got a much lighter hit (and a clear warning) relative to communers. I made some adjustments that should be more permissive to accidents, but a better filter for cheese.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

CharadeSun 08-Jun-14 05:18 PM
120 posts
#120973, "RE: Skill loss:"
In response to Reply #6

Thanks Valg.

DestuviusSun 08-Jun-14 03:36 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#120972, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Qintaris Trandorian the Revitalize..."
In response to Reply #1

Glad you enjoyed it, and I think you did a really good job on all fronts. I had really high hopes for you making a resurge after losing Emperor, but apparently it was not meant to be. The mint thing seemed to be a continually off again on again thing that never really got a full head of steam going, which made it difficult for me to do anything to plan for it. The statue however, I am more than willing to use as an object in the shrine if you are okay with it.

CharadeSun 08-Jun-14 05:21 PM
120 posts
#120974, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Qintaris Trandorian the Revitalize..."
In response to Reply #7

I would LOVE that. Feel free to change it if spelling errors occur or if a more descriptive passage comes to your mind. Thanks for every interaction. It was top notch. Well done with the Empire.

Maligor Torwin (Anonymous)Sun 08-Jun-14 07:05 PM
Charter member
#120975, "Well done. Thanks for everything in game. "
In response to Reply #1

I will post more about the plots when I am gone.

I enjoyed everything about your character, not as much as the emperor so hence the plots.

GLWYN.

CharadeSun 08-Jun-14 10:14 PM
120 posts
#120977, "RE: Well done. Thanks for everything in game. "
In response to Reply #10

Thanks. You were kinda the enigma in the puzzle. I could have demoted you for not growing the sect but I knew that was #### since there wasn't anyone to grow it with really and I didn't think it would help me to do it. So basically it was just trust that you would rather see me there instead of him and hope I set you for emperor after. Good job with him.

Maligor Torwin (Anonymous)Sun 08-Jun-14 11:30 PM
Charter member
#120978, "RE: Well done. Thanks for everything in game. "
In response to Reply #12

My only issue with you and I mean only cause I loved the character was the lack of playing that often.

I play so much more than you that I would die long before you and so I would never be emperor.

After all my passion was to be emperor.

Guess that was not worked so far.

Again excellent character.

Crrya (Anonymous)Sun 08-Jun-14 08:33 PM
Charter member
#120976, "A great nemesis..."
In response to Reply #1

You were always a good and respectable enemy. Willing to fight without a bunch of other Imperials, even when they were around... which is not typical behavior for Emperors that I've seen.

You did come across as very "civil", so your RP was top notch.

Voszoad (Anonymous)Mon 09-Jun-14 10:30 PM
Charter member
#120989, "So long my worthiest of opponents.."
In response to Reply #1

What can I say, but awesome job all around.
We grew up opposing each other through the
ranks and had some blood rushing and thrilling
fights. Like a lot of the enemies I faced, I rarely
dipped into the spoils of the kill with you. And
I'm pretty sure we had the utmost respect for
each other even with being polar opposites. I can
relate with your similar struggle with playing evil
as true evil. It becomes a conflict with your real
Personality and for me I don't want to spoil the fun
Factor of being an ass. Hope I added good fun factors
to Qintaris and thanks for helping be a part of what
of Voszoad's fun. I still kick myself I'm the ass for
Even engaging you during the bloodbath..
Awesome job Charade! Keep trucking in the Fields.
Good things are coming!
Crooooooooaaaaak!!!

Ashmon (Anonymous)Sat 21-Jun-14 10:12 PM
Charter member
#121083, "Inspiring"
In response to Reply #1

Qintaris had a large impact on my character, despite we rarely met.
I thought you had a lot of panache and I liked all the small touches:
the civil nudges with a darker undercurrent, the notes on protocol,
your comments about appearance.

I would have liked to discuss matters of Destuvius with you, but when we shared
logins you were usually busy.

Thanks for contributing to the fun.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120964 Previous topic | Next topic