Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Grilbo the Legend of the Battlefield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120957
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 05-Jun-14 10:44 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120957, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Grilbo the Legend of the Battlefield"

Thu Jun 5 22:41:08 2014

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Grilbo perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:342

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EzmoochFri 06-Jun-14 07:19 AM
Member since 15th Apr 2014
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120959, "I won at CF!"
In response to Reply #0

This was my first character since my unaligned felar ranger back in 2003. I started with no direction and I am sure it showed early on. Once I decided on Nexus I really tried to be relaxed about it, giving the balance a little time to work out before going all bloodthirsty. I also tried not to pick on people who would have been easier kills. If Grilbo made you run, he felt like he had won. This meant using drum and setting off their wimpy when a cranial might have gotten them dead. Never really looted much from anyone, even though I know it might have helped me to do so. Grilbo also ran from and avoided lots of fights, mostly in the name of keeping the balance, or staying alive. Grilbo pretended to be lost while running through zones, which was true 50% of the time.

Mace/whip, Gates/Fires
Maces I liked, whips were good in situations but hard to land the skills
Gates of the Forge was decent, but restricted armor choices somewhat, and Fires of Adversity seems to work backwards and awesome.
I would not get hurt much at all in the beginning of fights, and just got owned once under 40% health. Even against foes that did not lower stats. I also have a couple of logs where I am disarmed fighting multiple foes when close to full health, and don’t even get hit. Vanguard and the edge with it might have helped, or offhand parry with a 22str. Anyway, loved Fires as it seems to be now, maybe not so much if it works like it says it does.

I should have entwined people more…

Nexus was filled with interesting people of all sorts, and I was glad to be a part of it with you all. It was my first time being a balance keeper and other than that one guy that one time (Kosolan), I tried to warn people and not just attack out of the blue.

Saphina – it was great doing the whole Nexus bond with your porca-gator, and your aggressiveness pushed me a little out of my comfort zone, which was good
Turmi – I had my idea of what I wanted to be as a Nexan, and then found your relaxed style to be exactly the same as mine. Good having you around so much.
Gaurg – siege encamp fun early on and some water exploring later showed me places I had never been
Hexugar – Once I figured out your combo I knew why I was in trouble most of the time. I wanted to see how bad it would be if I kept trying, and of course found myself at the pit… still good having a known foe around, even if I had to avoid you.
Oloice – That big rumble at the nightwalker was something, I gave you the chance to bash me down and you accepted. For some reason there were few times after that when evil+chaos were in power while I was on, so I avoided fights with you.
Ogrot – I really liked your character and was glad we got that last fight in before you were gone
Ooglarr – the first time we met there was balance, so I was avoiding a fight. The arena was fun and I went to practice backhand after that! Warlord tactics and that staff were nasty; I lost what, 6 weapons in 30min? Always good interacting with you.
Sindy – great fun having you gate to me. I tried a plan, and it almost worked, so I was ready for the next time, but then you were gone.
Crraya – sneaky or not I could tell when you were around because of the shift in balance. Good fights even if I ran from most of them. Who stays in a fight with the leader of battle with a broken wrist anyway?

My time was getting reduced with a newborn and school now being out. After exploring many zones I had never been to it felt like I had completed everything and more that I set out to do. I had 50+ deaths worth of con left, but did not want to drag out the character for another 6 months or turn into a fight them all kill them all character that Griblo was decidedly not.

I know I left off people, especially a few members of nexus and battle, but everyone was great and I promise my next character will have a plan from start to finish. I logged most everything, and will be posting some of the fun ones.

Guargoux (Anonymous)Fri 06-Jun-14 06:00 AM
Charter member
#120958, "You'll be missed."
In response to Reply #0

I had a lot of fun draggin you around to various areas as my dwarven wrecking machine. I'm glad that you're back and enjoyed the character. Come on back soon.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120957 Previous topic | Next topic