Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Dehcu the Disruptor of Organs" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120887
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 01-Jun-14 07:26 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120887, "(DELETED) [None] Dehcu the Disruptor of Organs"

Sun Jun 1 07:23:32 2014

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Dehcu perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:118

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Dehcu the Disruptor of Organs, Akresius, 02-Jun-14 06:15 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Dehcu the Disruptor of Organs, Daevryn, 01-Jun-14 04:01 PM, #1
     Reply Your pimp hand is still strong., TMNS, 01-Jun-14 07:04 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Your pimp hand is still strong., Daevryn, 01-Jun-14 08:03 PM, #3
     Reply Any chance you guys noticed Baelen/Caldysias? NT, TMNS, 04-Jun-14 02:57 PM, #8
          Reply Not sure what this has to do with Dehcu's goodbye., Akresius, 04-Jun-14 03:49 PM, #9
               Reply But you guys issue a perma warning on me that was prett..., CD, 04-Jun-14 09:58 PM, #10
                    Reply Wrong thread, wrong head, Twist, 05-Jun-14 12:14 AM, #11
                         Reply I'm still waiting for you to make a real religion and p..., CD, 05-Jun-14 12:45 AM, #12
                              Reply He is quite active., Aereglen, 05-Jun-14 01:03 AM, #13
     Reply Ditto, incognito, 04-Jun-14 10:48 AM, #7
     Reply What are you even talking about?, Babalubagini, 01-Jun-14 09:18 PM, #4
          Reply Looks like he's implying, enyuu, 03-Jun-14 09:36 PM, #6

AkresiusMon 02-Jun-14 06:15 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120899, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Dehcu the Disruptor of Organs"
In response to Reply #0

From QHCF: "This was before the interactions with 'An immortal' started. It didn't start off accusing me, but said that it looked fishy. I told the immortal that was dumb, as I can see the who screen from both characters, and it wasn't like I was a duergar/assassin with another character, and could see all the hidden people. I was an invoker, and a transmuter. I could see the exact same thing from both windows. The immortal told me to maybe log in my other character after 15 or so minutes. I told them that was fine, but there were sometimes where I'd only wait a few minutes, and log in. I don't know why, but whatever I was doing, it was done, and I just forgot. If I wanted to be a hard ass, I'd say there's no rule being broken for me logging on another character. That's what the immortal said as well, but with my history, I'm always getting ####ed with by someone."

The last sentence made me laugh the most. Thanks for that. Truth be told, I (An immortal) brought you up to the ROTD and tried to talk to you about a perceived issue that could have become a rules violation if it persisted. In fact, you had Dehcu, Lasaat and a lowbie imperial kicking around that you would switch back and forth between. Maybe you weren't scouting for your other characters, but maybe you were. I took _no action_ (read: no "punishment") other than to take you aside and try to explain how your actions might look.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt more than once, but I see now that I was wasting my breath on a guy who plays the martyr.

DaevrynSun 01-Jun-14 04:01 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120889, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Dehcu the Disruptor of Organs"
In response to Reply #0

It's a pretty effective counterproof to the idea that we relentlessly stalk your (or anyone's IP) that the people who gave you talks about staying in character after dying and the talks about not logging this character off and logging your Fort character on when you don't like your PK range weren't aware just how many times you've gotten those talks in the past.

You complain about people who get things you don't, but don't want to consider that it might be because they're not logging on a different character when the going gets tough while simultaneously complaining about the same behavior.

GLWYN.

TMNSSun 01-Jun-14 07:04 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#120890, "Your pimp hand is still strong."
In response to Reply #1

Glad to see you guys notice this stuff sometimes.

DaevrynSun 01-Jun-14 08:03 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#120891, "RE: Your pimp hand is still strong."
In response to Reply #2

It's crappy when people do it, but it's crappier when people like to put on airs like it's something that other people do when they're currently one of the biggest offenders.

TMNSWed 04-Jun-14 02:57 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#120937, "Any chance you guys noticed Baelen/Caldysias? NT"
In response to Reply #3

NT

AkresiusWed 04-Jun-14 03:49 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120940, "Not sure what this has to do with Dehcu's goodbye."
In response to Reply #8

But as for me, I did not.

CDWed 04-Jun-14 09:58 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
#120945, "But you guys issue a perma warning on me that was prett..."
In response to Reply #9

That hindered my characters btw

TwistThu 05-Jun-14 12:14 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#120946, "Wrong thread, wrong head"
In response to Reply #10

1. This is the BF thread for Dehcu, not Baelen, and not the currently active char Caldysias.

2. When we speak to player(s) about rule breaking and/or warnings, it is generally meant to be between the immstaff and the player(s). Most of the times the playerbase hears about it is when the player(s) have issues with how they were treated, in one shape or form, and make it public.

3. We do notice things, and when appropriate, take action, such as we've done in the past with you. Sometimes, incredibly enough, the player(s) simply say "All right, understood." and go on their merry way. Sometimes the behavior changes, and everything is fine. Sometimes not, and further measures need to be taken.

4. Just because you don't hear about something like that, doesn't mean it only happens to you.

5. No further discussion on this topic on this thread, nor about any currently active characters.

CDThu 05-Jun-14 12:45 AM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
#120949, "I'm still waiting for you to make a real religion and p..."
In response to Reply #11

nt

AereglenThu 05-Jun-14 01:03 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120950, "He is quite active."
In response to Reply #12

It's not his fault nobody makes a decent attempt to follow him. He tatted someone not that long ago, someone who well deserved it. He plays mortals often, and those mortals tend to be very good at showing other people the game. I can't begin to catalog all the useful stuff I've learned from Twist's mortals from either direct interaction or even logs. He also does a lot of OOC for the game. Did you see what he did for the christmas season last year since there was no santa zulg?

I understand what you're saying though. There's a lot of times I see other IMMs on and my head sags in sorrow as I try to remember the last time I saw Twist in game, being all Twisty and shaking stuff up. Though that really does make it a special treat when he *does* show up.

incognitoWed 04-Jun-14 10:48 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120934, "Ditto"
In response to Reply #2

This kind of behaviour is exploiting ooc means to gain ic advantage.

Pick which char you are going to play for a session, and then stick with it.

BabalubaginiSun 01-Jun-14 09:18 PM
Member since 05th May 2010
20 posts
#120892, "What are you even talking about?"
In response to Reply #1

First of all, you really ought to use punctuation. That first sentence of yours belongs in a marathon.

>It's a pretty effective counterproof to the idea that we
>relentlessly stalk your (or anyone's IP) that the people who
>gave you talks about staying in character after dying and the
>talks about not logging this character off and logging your
>Fort character on when you don't like your PK range weren't
>aware just how many times you've gotten those talks in the
>past.
>
>You complain about people who get things you don't, but don't
>want to consider that it might be because they're not logging
>on a different character when the going gets tough while
>simultaneously complaining about the same behavior.
>
>GLWYN.

Uh huh. How is that a pretty effective counter proof? It doesn't seem like an effective anything to me.

enyuuTue 03-Jun-14 09:36 PM
Member since 15th Apr 2005
155 posts
#120932, "Looks like he's implying"
In response to Reply #4

that if he was checking funnyone's IP on this character, he wouldn't have just got a slap on the wrist for borderline rule breaking.

In any case, its just Daev's opinion on the character. Cheer up broseph.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120887 Previous topic | Next topic