Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Calinashar the Marshall of the For..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120756
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 19-May-14 06:26 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120756, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Calinashar the Marshall of the Fortress, Godfather of Voralian City"

Mon May 19 08:27:26 2014

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Calinashar perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:thief
Level:33
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:102

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply was a pleasure, Cionadh (Anonymous), 19-May-14 01:24 PM, #10
Reply RE: was a pleasure, Welverin, 19-May-14 05:35 PM, #8
Reply cant believe i didnt nail you with the dwarf on the oce..., Ncugul (Anonymous), 19-May-14 06:04 PM, #9
Reply God I can't believe I never killed you., TMNS, 19-May-14 01:56 PM, #3
Reply Yeah...., Welverin, 19-May-14 05:34 PM, #7
     Reply Not sure I agree that you can't do stuff in wars, incognito, 20-May-14 07:52 AM, #12
          Reply As long as it's midbie...., Welverin, 20-May-14 10:21 AM, #13
               Reply Why care?, Tsunami, 20-May-14 10:38 AM, #14
               Reply I wasn't going to post on this..as most people immediat..., Sarien, 20-May-14 12:10 PM, #15
Reply To much OOC crap..., Welverin, 19-May-14 12:44 PM, #1
     Reply "So it was time to do something else", Dallevian, 19-May-14 12:53 PM, #2
     Reply With remarkably similar roleplay/alignment concerns, yo..., Falstaff, 19-May-14 02:08 PM, #4
     Reply Already in it. , Welverin, 19-May-14 02:10 PM, #5
          Reply great! good luck and good times. nt, Dallevian, 19-May-14 03:11 PM, #6
     Reply If you read the post I made about request, incognito, 20-May-14 07:42 AM, #11
     Reply Bummer, Keara (Anonymous), 21-May-14 10:04 AM, #16
     Reply I hated you! Argh!!!!, Groyli (Anonymous), 27-May-14 11:44 AM, #17

Cionadh (Anonymous)Mon 19-May-14 06:26 PM
Charter member
#120761, "was a pleasure"
In response to Reply #0

Servin the light with ya.

GLWYN

-C

WelverinMon 19-May-14 05:35 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120769, "RE: was a pleasure"
In response to Reply #10

Thanks, same back at you

Ncugul (Anonymous)Mon 19-May-14 06:04 PM
Charter member
#120771, "cant believe i didnt nail you with the dwarf on the oce..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

TMNSMon 19-May-14 01:56 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#120763, "God I can't believe I never killed you."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 19-May-14 01:56 PM

Great job, I never had a problem with your character (though you had some crazy pimp gear like hummingbird pendants and ####), and you didn't always bring a gang.

GLWYN. It's hard leading a cabal pre-hero no?

WelverinMon 19-May-14 05:34 PM
624 posts
#120768, "Yeah...."
In response to Reply #3

I am better at not dying now, just got to get better at sealing the kill and chasing. The time at the inn was sooooo chaotic., then on eastern it was very close.

I've done fort leader enough it's not too bad, but thief leader is harder because you can't do anything really in cabal wars except hunt and maybe if you are good or lucky retrieve. Wish u would stay...

incognitoTue 20-May-14 07:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120778, "Not sure I agree that you can't do stuff in wars"
In response to Reply #7

Thieves are one of those classes that can turn a 3 v 3 into a slaughter of the other side,
Especially if you have a warrior on your side to drive.

WelverinTue 20-May-14 10:21 AM
624 posts
#120779, "As long as it's midbie...."
In response to Reply #12

The point was that I couldn't actively participate in raids. With my pallys I could solo raid in the late thirties. Thief, not so much. I could defend midbies, and retrieve but during my playtimes I never had to so that all that much. At hero, sure a thief can be invaluable. But honestly the grind wast worth it given te OOC crap, it might have not been you specifically on the request thing but there were more than one tha specifically mentions a soon to be Marshall having the dagger at a very low level.

TsunamiTue 20-May-14 10:38 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#120780, "Why care?"
In response to Reply #13

It was one or two or three people poo pooing what they thought was cheating. Which those one or two or three people always do. Whether you cheated or not is irrelevant to them. Whining about their disadvantage is default, like an inner city kid that turns to drugs and gang rape.

The majority don't care and didn't comment. Let them cry as they like and continue doing your merry little thing. Hell, don't even look at the forums. They are cesspits of vomiting psychopaths anyway.

SarienTue 20-May-14 12:10 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#120781, "I wasn't going to post on this..as most people immediat..."
In response to Reply #13

But,

I liked seeing a low level captain. Having just complained that the whole "Maran jazz" takes too long (which by the way a good portion of the more vocal folks agreed with me) it was nice to see a low lvl leader kicking ass and taking names. That having been said, your leader dagger with its fire prog is likely just as "powerful" as heartseeker, and in more cases (as fire prog works vs neutral)

Anyways,

I think it was good you got promoted as early as you did..and as far as being handed epic gear...having personally handed defiance to one of Jalim's lvl 20 ish paladins...I don't agree that padding lowbies gear is bad, in fact I try to do it for many lowbies myself.

-Sarien

WelverinMon 19-May-14 12:44 PM
624 posts
#120757, "To much OOC crap..."
In response to Reply #0

Ok couple of things:

Heartseaker: someone had been holding on to this for a long time and out of the blue have it to me because they weren't going to use it. They were a ranger, so they had other things. I think I used it in one maybe two pk fights before I lost it. How did I lose it you ask? I was solo ranking on trolls in the past, dirt;disarm; ranger picks it up and then after a short fight where I kick his ass runs away never to be seen again until he ranks out of range with it. I never asked for anyone to request it, I don't do that, and do the record I have never requested an item for someone that they aren't able to request in their own. You join fort for many reasons, not the least of which is the donation chests, I have always used them liberally, fort folks delete, and the tend to put it all in there.
So yes for gears it's folks that way a lot of the time, it's no worse or better than the spire pit.

Godfather: I think I got about 30% outright given to me for this, 20% I found after Worogha deleted and left it in the fort, the rest I got on my own.

Marshall: I was about as surprises as the next guy. I was trying to do my part interview in and taking to folks hoping to at least get maran out of it. At first I was a squire Marshall which was kind of cool, but mechanics made that impossible, everyone I inducted went into the scribes. It was just easie at that point I think to make me maran. Did other people deserv it, maybe, did I have OOC knowledge as input into gettig it, absolutely not.

Ganging: 2v1 is not a gang IMHO, that said, I did not try to call in help as much as I could have. Sometimes it just comes. I shared a lot of ok range with a lot of folks. People hunt their ok range. It happens.

Anyhow it became obvious today that nothing I did with this character would matter given the OOC perceptions. So it was time to do something else.

DallevianMon 19-May-14 12:53 PM
1639 posts
#120758, ""So it was time to do something else""
In response to Reply #1

like a fort char? ha. : )

why not play something different for a change? you should

FalstaffMon 19-May-14 02:08 PM
136 posts
#120764, "With remarkably similar roleplay/alignment concerns, yo..."
In response to Reply #2

And if I may offer one suggestion: If you play a highly ranked/leadership character, STAY OFF THE FORUMS!!!!! Let whiny people be whiny and ignore it. Check out the various forums between chars (which is where I am at the moment), and address any whines that you care to in your death thread.

-Falstaff

WelverinMon 19-May-14 02:10 PM
624 posts
#120765, "Already in it. "
In response to Reply #2

Not fort and not a goodie, traditionally not my strong suit. We will see.

DallevianMon 19-May-14 03:11 PM
1639 posts
#120766, "great! good luck and good times. nt"
In response to Reply #5

nt

incognitoTue 20-May-14 07:42 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120777, "If you read the post I made about request"
In response to Reply #1

It was not specific to you, who I never encountered, and included,
among other things, references to my own time in fort.

Keara (Anonymous)Wed 21-May-14 10:04 AM
Charter member
#120788, "Bummer"
In response to Reply #1

I was really hoping to see you get to hero and interact more, as you were a good conversation when we did see each other. Made staying on longer in the mornings far less boring.

Best of luck with whatever you're doing now.

Groyli (Anonymous)Tue 27-May-14 11:44 AM
Charter member
#120835, "I hated you! Argh!!!!"
In response to Reply #1

Well done, though. Good fights in Hamsah.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120756 Previous topic | Next topic