Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Vaedhor the Battle-Scarred, Imperial..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120673
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 15-May-14 03:24 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120673, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Vaedhor the Battle-Scarred, Imperial Blade"

Thu May 15 12:01:05 2014

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Vaedhor perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:37
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:58

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Liked this char, Akresius, 15-May-14 02:46 PM, #9
Reply Thanks., TMNS, 15-May-14 04:02 PM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Vaedhor the Battle-Scarred, Impe..., Amatrysti (Anonymous), 15-May-14 02:41 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Vaedhor the Battle-Scarred, Impe..., Drahrak (Anonymous), 15-May-14 01:38 PM, #6
Reply Wasn't dying that got to me..., TMNS, 15-May-14 01:49 PM, #7
     Reply Wasn't dying that got to me..., SideStrider, 15-May-14 03:22 PM, #11
          Reply RE: Wasn't dying that got to me..., Drahrak (Anonymous), 15-May-14 03:18 PM, #12
               Reply RE: Wasn't dying that got to me..., SideStrider, 15-May-14 03:26 PM, #13
                    Reply RE: Wasn't dying that got to me..., Drahrak (Anonymous), 15-May-14 03:54 PM, #14
Reply Booo (n/t), Riraneln (Anonymous), 15-May-14 12:13 PM, #2
Reply You were awesome. And big big kudos for doing it on yo..., TMNS, 15-May-14 12:22 PM, #3
     Reply RE: You were awesome. And big big kudos for doing it o..., Riraneln (Anonymous), 15-May-14 02:52 PM, #10
Reply I tried...but CF just isn't fun for me anymore. , TMNS, 15-May-14 12:13 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I tried...but CF just isn't fun for me anymore. , Daevryn, 15-May-14 12:37 PM, #4
          Reply No promises :) But I'll try ;) I was going to follow yo..., TMNS, 15-May-14 01:09 PM, #5

AkresiusThu 15-May-14 02:46 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120682, "Liked this char"
In response to Reply #0

From my limited observation, I thought you were doing a good job and were a classy character in both victory and defeat.

It looks like Empire needs some more players at the middle ranks right now, and I'd imagine you'll be sorely missed.

TMNSThu 15-May-14 04:00 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120689, "Thanks."
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Thu 15-May-14 04:02 PM

No sense being a ####.

I mean, I was evil, and I acted evil, but I didn't act like a prick. Or a whiner. I figured that if I didn't whine when I got looted after getting ganged maybe other players might notice and not whine when they got things looted, and mostly, they didn't (yay!).

But in the end, it's a game. And right now I have more fun trying to build a Pens team on NHL '13 that can actually win a Stanley Cup

Edited to add: My problems with CF are MY PROBLEMS with CF. The game still has a lot of cool things and a lot of stuff to offer. I tried to be as helpful as possible to any newer player I saw (including not hunting the poor dude from the log on Dio's). Glad to see you still kicking it up in IMMland.

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Thu 15-May-14 02:41 PM
Charter member
#120681, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Vaedhor the Battle-Scarred, Impe..."
In response to Reply #0

We had one interaction and I enjoyed your RP, was hoping for more soon. You were cynical without being whiney. The other imperial duergar warrior is a mute so while I was not looking forward to another tough as nails blade I did see some good times coming!

Drahrak (Anonymous)Thu 15-May-14 01:38 PM
Charter member
#120679, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Vaedhor the Battle-Scarred, Impe..."
In response to Reply #0

FWIW, I respected you as an enemy and purposefully looted nothing until you really pushed for a fight. You were a fight I would lose solo, so I assumed since you could see everyone else you knew it would turn into a gank. You had some terrible luck with parting blocks and skills both fights. I would have liked to see you stick it out and get up there, but I am not sad to see a duergar with your easy detect hidden gone.

TMNSThu 15-May-14 01:49 PM
2670 posts
#120680, "Wasn't dying that got to me..."
In response to Reply #6

...it was the grind when I wasn't PK'ing, to be honest.

The PK part was what it was. Yes, alone, you'd get splatted (which I kept telling you) so I never held it personally against you in any of the ganks.

Just frustration on top of frustration mainly. As Resdrenn mentioned to me, the one time I had numbers many of you died horribly and I felt not a lick of sadness.

Plus, CF really has low numbers. A lot of times I logged in and there were only 10-15 people on (and I'm talking about times I used to play and there would be 30-50). Not peak times but not 6am EST either. And my biggest thing is RP interaction so it bummed me out that literally the only RP I got mostly was post-death RP (or pre-fight RP) with my enemies.

You'll do well though.

SideStriderThu 15-May-14 03:07 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2007
208 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#120684, "Wasn't dying that got to me..."
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Thu 15-May-14 03:22 PM

This very well be my own view on things, but I'm seriously starting to lose my grip on the "fun-stick" when fighting the Fortress. Annoys the living bejesus out of me fighting level 20-30 Squires and Fortlings when everybody and their momma is wielding Light of Redemption, Vampire Slayers and the like, that I know they in no way shape or form have the ability to request yet.

So that either means they're just very lucky and are finding them on foes, which I find unlikely, but more like the skill "Request" is getting abused so bad the wheels have long since smoked away and then they just toss the items in the Fort's Altar instead of dropping or sacrificing the item if they don't make use. Hell I'm toughing it out still you wuss *jk* I'm determined to rock the wheels of this character though. Seriously I have no idea how they manage to get their mitts on em with the killing the good NPC restrictions. My last duergar made it to about your rank as well before I got tired of it and deleted.

That said, I traveled with you a few times with my current character and you seemed like you were an up and comer in the Empire. Sad to see you depart. We had more fun times coming.

GLWYN

**Edited to say I didn't see the Gameplay thread about this until after posting.**

Drahrak (Anonymous)Thu 15-May-14 03:18 PM
Charter member
#120685, "RE: Wasn't dying that got to me..."
In response to Reply #11

Just to be clear, I requested Light of Redemption. I know not everyone can say that with their weapons, but perhaps you shouldn't assume so much? This has been looked into in the Gameplay thread already.

SideStriderThu 15-May-14 03:26 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2007
208 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#120687, "RE: Wasn't dying that got to me..."
In response to Reply #12

"Just to be clear, I requested Light of Redemption."

You can't request LoR at level 20-25, guy. LIAR! LIAR! *Best Princess Bride impression*

Drahrak (Anonymous)Thu 15-May-14 03:54 PM
Charter member
#120688, "RE: Wasn't dying that got to me..."
In response to Reply #13

I think I did at 34? Don't think I had it that early, but I don't remember.

Riraneln (Anonymous)Thu 15-May-14 12:13 PM
Charter member
#120675, "Booo (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

(n/t)

TMNSThu 15-May-14 12:22 PM
2670 posts
#120676, "You were awesome. And big big kudos for doing it on yo..."
In response to Reply #2

Sorry you ate a nasty loot the other night, but I tried to warn you about it!

Riraneln (Anonymous)Thu 15-May-14 02:52 PM
Charter member
#120683, "RE: You were awesome. And big big kudos for doing it o..."
In response to Reply #3

>Sorry you ate a nasty loot the other night, but I tried to
>warn you about it!

Not a big deal. Even the luckiest man alive can't get all the breaks.

You're a great player, and I hope you roll something else.

TMNSThu 15-May-14 12:13 PM
2670 posts
#120674, "I tried...but CF just isn't fun for me anymore. "
In response to Reply #0

Back to lurking on the forums and making snide remarks!

DaevrynThu 15-May-14 12:37 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#120677, "RE: I tried...but CF just isn't fun for me anymore. "
In response to Reply #1

Could we skip the snide remarks part plzkthx?

TMNSThu 15-May-14 01:09 PM
2670 posts
#120678, "No promises :) But I'll try ;) I was going to follow yo..."
In response to Reply #4

Instead, I'm pretty sure you killed me twice lol.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120673 Previous topic | Next topic