Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gryeltus the Master of Instrumen..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120628
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 13-May-14 04:30 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120628, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gryeltus the Master of Instruments, Imperial Blade"

Tue May 13 16:27:49 2014

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Gryeltus perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:32
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:24

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply I had such high hopes for you, Ashmon (Anonymous), 14-May-14 11:47 AM, #9
Reply When I see this sort of thing, incognito, 14-May-14 07:07 AM, #3
Reply you know who this player is right?, Dallevian, 14-May-14 08:51 AM, #4
     Reply +1 nt, Aereglen, 14-May-14 09:37 AM, #6
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gryeltus the Master of Instr..., Amatrysti (Anonymous), 13-May-14 11:24 PM, #1
     Reply Enjoy a CF where one side is always winning. NT, TMNS, 13-May-14 11:56 PM, #2
     Reply Wow., Aereglen, 14-May-14 09:36 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Wow., Amatrysti (Anonymous), 14-May-14 10:16 AM, #7
               Reply RE: Wow., Aereglen, 14-May-14 10:36 AM, #8
                    Reply RE: Wow., Amatrysti (Anonymous), 14-May-14 01:11 PM, #10
                         Reply I wasn't going to get into this, but fine:, TheBluestThumb, 14-May-14 01:30 PM, #11
                         Reply fort, the original gangbangers nt, Dallevian, 14-May-14 02:14 PM, #12
                         Reply I thought it was Knights ;) NT, TMNS, 14-May-14 03:36 PM, #14
                         Reply RE: I wasn't going to get into this, but fine:, Amatrysti (Anonymous), 14-May-14 02:22 PM, #13
                         Reply Avalusci and help, TheBluestThumb, 14-May-14 06:08 PM, #17
                         Reply RE: I wasn't going to get into this, but fine:, Drahrak (Anonymous), 14-May-14 04:37 PM, #15
                              Reply RE: I wasn't going to get into this, but fine:, TheBluestThumb, 14-May-14 06:14 PM, #18
                         Reply Reap what you sow., Aereglen, 14-May-14 06:07 PM, #16

Ashmon (Anonymous)Wed 14-May-14 11:47 AM
Charter member
#120651, "I had such high hopes for you"
In response to Reply #0

Too bad.

incognitoWed 14-May-14 07:07 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120642, "When I see this sort of thing"
In response to Reply #0

I can't help wonder whether the char existed only to rank up some ap to unholy blessing.

Not saying this char did, but when I see good ranking class delete with few hours at this level, I always wonder.

DallevianWed 14-May-14 08:51 AM
1639 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120643, "you know who this player is right?"
In response to Reply #3

dude's not anybody's ranking bitch

AereglenWed 14-May-14 09:37 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120646, "+1 nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Tue 13-May-14 11:24 PM
Charter member
#120635, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gryeltus the Master of Instr..."
In response to Reply #0

The brutality of old Thera causes too many quickly burning flames. Alas, dark one, you did fade. Good riddance.

TMNSTue 13-May-14 11:56 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#120636, "Enjoy a CF where one side is always winning. NT"
In response to Reply #1

NT

AereglenWed 14-May-14 09:36 AM
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120645, "Wow."
In response to Reply #1

And I thought you were just an annoying prick IC. Way to cross over guy. Well done.

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Wed 14-May-14 10:15 AM
Charter member
#120648, "RE: Wow."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Wed 14-May-14 10:16 AM

I think I am being quite pleasant, considering. I treat each player with respect unless they cross a line. Each player has their own line of what they think good sportsmanship is. The bard crossed mine. I will gladly die a thousand deaths if it is to a worthy player. Not just a skilled player, but a good player all around. Too many vent RL frustrations in the game. I never do. How am I the target of such words? I am a healer being a healer IC. And cynical yet respectful on this thread.

AereglenWed 14-May-14 10:36 AM
476 posts
#120650, "RE: Wow."
In response to Reply #7

He deleted at level 32. You are level 51. You are a healer. Read between the lines. If you think what he did was without reason, you shouldn't be talking about what is or isn't good sportsmanship. My opinion, maybe it means less than nothing. Who cares as long as your team wins, right?

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Wed 14-May-14 01:11 PM
Charter member
#120654, "RE: Wow."
In response to Reply #8

No, your opinion is valid.

He had two squires slept. They called to for aid in waking up. Who wouldn't do that with a healer available to them on CB? I doubt any save a Villager. Surely not the bard if the situation was reversed. He had an incredible defensive position, and he knew it, when we decided to press. So, I am still not seeing anything to impugn my sportsmanship.

Once we all three fell (I smack myself and applaud the bard, I still can't put words to how I fell to the Council for the first time...ever, in any situation) He full looted all three corpses and sacked what he could not stuff into the sect.

So, he has two squires slept, one near death.
I rescue them upon their request (as any one would've called for CB aid from a healer and any healer would oblige)
He wins the day, bravo, bravo! We all three die.
So, to punish me for my perceived lack of respect (OOC or IC), he not only sees us die to his utter glee, he pulls a move that he had no reason to pull, in my opinion.

If I am missing something, then I would hear it. If this situation is a valid microcosm of what kind of player he is, then he deserves harsh words, not myself. It is a part of the game . I could not care less about losing armor. It is the meaning behind a full loot that bothers me. And in this case, an uncalled for triple full loot/sac.

I love competition. I do not like when every competent player rolls up an Imperial at the same time. I do not like it when every competent player rolls up a Fortress. I would love to have parity, which is achieved at times. It is not about my team winning, it is about enjoying the game and having success as a character and in the situations that come up.

For those of us who play the game a bit each day to unwind with some beer and help cultivate a cool gaming culture, it was a prick move through and through. Some think this game is their own personal test of toughness so they really try to be hardcore. It does not teach lessons, it only makes the other players angry, and in this case, I nudged the situation so that the same would happen to him, which it did. I do not want that environment but it is not a matter of chicken or egg. He was the chicken. He laid the egg.

TheBluestThumbWed 14-May-14 01:30 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
#120655, "I wasn't going to get into this, but fine:"
In response to Reply #10

You're glossing over the fact where I had been on the run for the better part of an hour from team Fort gank. And that's fine, despite the fact that a bashing polearm spec and an absurdly decked fort thug thief should (easily) be able to seal a kill against lvl 32 bard, especially if they have the +stat gear to cover languid/laborious (which one of them easily did). Despite all of that, a big part of CF is ganking, and I don't mind that.

However, in this David vs Goliath story they had A) already killed me not too long before, and B) had team gank chased me for the better part of an hour. The Codex was not in the Palace, as they well knew, and after running me into the Palace team Fort Gank decided to hit the outer to try to lure me out into their waiting gank.

I check the who list, see if I have literally anyone to call upon for aid. Not a single friendly soul is in the midbie group circuit, so I decide to prep up, tune my instrument, and pull a quick move on them. I run south of the vanquisher, rest and wait. They both flee and I sleep them both. Now I'm stuck here wondering what to do. The chance of me killing one of them as a solo midbie bard is absurdly low. I can't open with a lagging attack and I can't trap them on my own. One of them has +stats gear to the point where my songs do literally nothing to him, so he's just taking a nap. Odds are still pretty heavily in Team Fort's favor. It's not like I had a tripshotting thief or a bashing giant to call in for the assist once I had them slept.

Anywho, Amatrysti rolls in. I go back into my cabal and essentially tell them I'm not coming out and to leave me be, if they do come inside they're getting stripped because I'm sick of the co-dependency and gank-happy nature of my very non-threatening midbie bard.

They press in anyway, against a lone foe who they'd already killed and had been chasing as a unit for the past hour. Luckily, I'm not exactly a newb in the CF pk circuit and manage to finagle my way around the cabal, fleeing and running back up and causing them to get all sorts of disoriented while the Inners actually get pretty mean for once and drop a few key pummels to help me out resulting in all of them being dead. Then I dropped the full loots. Which I had warned them about, in advance, for breaking my fun stick. I knew I would be receiving full loots. That didn't bother me, Gryeltus was only partially deleted as a result of the full loots. Gryeltus was mainly deleted because Shamanman pedal-to-the-floor playstyle does not exactly jive very well with bard.

Any one of my warriors (as I've proven time and time again) at lvl 32 can regear with time to spare on the ghost timer to check hero areas for cast offs. Or they can do what Ooglarr/Gawlar did which is rearm with outfit at the guild and then pk/loot your way to glory.

I don't mind ganks, I mind multi-killing ganks that are vastly superior to a single enemy being further backed up by a hero healer with nothing better to do.

DallevianWed 14-May-14 02:14 PM
1639 posts
#120656, "fort, the original gangbangers nt"
In response to Reply #11

nt

TMNSWed 14-May-14 03:36 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#120658, "I thought it was Knights ;) NT"
In response to Reply #12

NT

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Wed 14-May-14 02:22 PM
Charter member
#120657, "RE: I wasn't going to get into this, but fine:"
In response to Reply #11

You still would have called me in. You did plenty as Avalusci and knowing who you are, much respect, you hardly need much help ( save with some of your awesome, crazy risk taking )

You were always respectful as Avalusci and you know I am as well. Ooglarr was cool too. Thus I am surprised this was you.

A healer often has little to do, mind you. Especially on off hours. I do hate that it came to this but peace and good luck with your next. You are a top notch player.

TheBluestThumbWed 14-May-14 06:08 PM
186 posts
#120663, "Avalusci and help"
In response to Reply #13

Avalusci is hard to compare with the current forties in that Fort was an underdog lacking much in the way of the warriors/melee classes when Avalusci came into power.

That said, Avalusci very rarely called for a healer unless numbers were against him or we were going to do something and came across some sorry SOB. One, because I didn't want to scare the enemy away. (I even let myself get slept by Merf and spelled up at great risk to myself, which has been gone over in Avalusci's goodbye. I did call on you for that but it was carefully called right when he woke me and I explicitly told no one else of the Fort to come close.)

On more than one occasion I specifically asked you or Deaer not to gate to me, or told people I was going hunting alone specifically. This (mostly) wasn't because I had something to prove, but more because enemies tend to stick around longer if they aren't grossly overmatched, leading to it being more likely they die.

Having said all that, Amatrysti was an extremely valuable character to Avalusci. We moved mountains and shifted odds, but it's hard to compare Avalusci to current Fortress simply because Avalusci wasn't dealing with super-saturated Fortress. I usually delete if things get boring.

I can say with certainty though that if Avalusci was slept and wasn't in immediate danger of a gank or beatdown, I likely wouldn't have called you unless I thought your presence would help assure their death, either by you being able to curse them or by you being able to altruism the sleep off of me.

Drahrak (Anonymous)Wed 14-May-14 04:37 PM
Charter member
#120661, "RE: I wasn't going to get into this, but fine:"
In response to Reply #11

As one of those mentioned...

I never killed you. I don't think I even have had an assist against you.

You also never told me you would full loot me if I brought in the healer.

There is nothing like parity in the Fortress. I had been fighting you a lot solo, but considering you wanted to do nothing but rope-a-dope and almost got me - a gank was needed.

I would have preferred to stay out of this, but I won't let you just outright lie about your pretend moral high ground.

TheBluestThumbWed 14-May-14 06:10 PM
186 posts
#120664, "RE: I wasn't going to get into this, but fine:"
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Wed 14-May-14 06:14 PM

This may actually all be true in that Drahrak may not actually have ever killed me. I just lumped you in with Calinashar/Resdrenn. It's hard keeping you all straight as you're all the exact same build, have all been given a guild leadership position, and all were in my range.

However, the other facts remain and are accurate as to my original post.

EDIT: Saying a gank is needed given the gear you have, the thug thief skillset, the surprise-factor you can cultivate, and how notoriously bold and risky I am, either I give you too much credit or that is just some combination of naivety and stupidity.

AereglenWed 14-May-14 06:07 PM
476 posts
#120662, "Reap what you sow."
In response to Reply #10

You got what you deserved. Saying he started it is a lie and you know it.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120628 Previous topic | Next topic