Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Therek the Champion of Arms" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120560
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 05-May-14 11:40 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120560, "(DELETED) [None] Therek the Champion of Arms"

Mon May 5 11:35:41 2014

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Therek perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:75

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Our agreement!, Doz (Anonymous), 06-May-14 03:41 AM, #9
Reply You got way more than you could for 20 gold :P, Murphy, 06-May-14 05:20 AM, #10
Reply Meh, I just don't know how to warrior, Murphy, 05-May-14 11:57 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Meh, I just don't know how to warrior, Ekaerok (Anonymous), 05-May-14 12:43 PM, #2
     Reply Yes, it would have been a lot better at hero, Murphy, 05-May-14 01:32 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Meh, I just don't know how to warrior, Daevryn, 05-May-14 12:54 PM, #3
     Reply Practicing skills made me level up against my will!, Murphy, 05-May-14 01:02 PM, #4
          Reply Lowbie pk is actually really difficult., TMNS, 05-May-14 03:29 PM, #6
          Reply Moves...having to rest up or heal refresh takes a big b..., lurker, 05-May-14 04:53 PM, #8
          Reply I would argue.., TheBluestThumb, 05-May-14 04:01 PM, #7
          Reply Also more time effective., Valguarnera, 06-May-14 07:24 AM, #12
          Reply RE: Practicing skills made me level up against my will!, Daevryn, 06-May-14 07:11 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Meh, I just don't know how to warrior, Keara (Anonymous), 09-May-14 09:31 PM, #13
          Reply Hmm. I don't remember playing any warriors of repute., Murphy, 10-May-14 10:39 AM, #14
               Reply RE: Hmm. I don't remember playing any warriors of reput..., Keara (Anonymous), 11-May-14 10:09 AM, #15
                    Reply Well thanks. Glad to hear that :), Murphy, 11-May-14 09:26 PM, #16

Doz (Anonymous)Tue 06-May-14 03:41 AM
Charter member
#120572, "Our agreement!"
In response to Reply #0

You got the money and deleted? How dare you!

GLWYN

MurphyTue 06-May-14 05:20 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120573, "You got way more than you could for 20 gold :P"
In response to Reply #9

nt

MurphyMon 05-May-14 11:57 AM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120561, "Meh, I just don't know how to warrior"
In response to Reply #0

I expected to have many fun fights but in practice I was either unprepped and lost badly or I was prepped but never found an enemy to fight before the affects expired, or I got screwed by fillets and other preps with drawbacks.

Getting exploration xp early on is now very difficult. Having to refresh every three minutes made me sad.

Assassins made me sad. Outdamaged me even when I was wielding maces.

Scion has no leader to talk to. Made me sad.

Do not want.

P.S. Legacies are so difficult! There just aren't any two I could be happy with. Wish I could trade both specs for a third legacy...

Ekaerok (Anonymous)Mon 05-May-14 12:43 PM
Charter member
#120562, "RE: Meh, I just don't know how to warrior"
In response to Reply #1

You didn't even get to Enhanced Reactions.. I think you just gave up too early. It takes a while for a warrior to really come into their own, and being short a legacy and enhanced reactions can really cost you.

MurphyMon 05-May-14 01:32 PM
1639 posts
#120566, "Yes, it would have been a lot better at hero"
In response to Reply #2

But I just realized I wasn't going to have fun.

I hate inconvenience.

Typically I don't want to constantly worry about being attacked. By this I don't mean having no enemies or having all detects. I just want to stand a good chance in fights I didn't start. Unprepped warriors can't do that. And trying to keep preps on as a warrior is terribly, terribly inconvenient.

No I'm not going to play Battle. Thanks.

DaevrynMon 05-May-14 12:54 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120563, "RE: Meh, I just don't know how to warrior"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 05-May-14 12:54 PM

When playing something that's either new to you or that you know ahead of time you're not good at, my recommended approach is to level slowly and log everything.

Between play sessions, review your logs and try to figure out what you might have done wrong in fights you lost. If you can't come up with something you might try to do differently, post your logs and ask for advice.

To give you a specific example, I really felt like you had not developed a sense of when command denial was a good tactic on your part of a bad one. Maybe if you'd been level 15 for a while and gotten into a lot of fights with that limited skillset you would have developed a better instinct for it. Instead you're right up into specs territory and struggling to figure out when to use or not use those skills on top of the basics.

MurphyMon 05-May-14 01:02 PM
1639 posts
#120564, "Practicing skills made me level up against my will!"
In response to Reply #3

Unless you're suggesting I try to PK with 75% bash, parry, dodge and all weapons, I just don't see a human staying at level 15 for very long.

TMNSMon 05-May-14 03:29 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#120568, "Lowbie pk is actually really difficult."
In response to Reply #4

But not in the way most people think.

Nep is right though. To learn a class you have to PK through the levels and learn what tactics work at what times and against what characters.

lurkerMon 05-May-14 04:53 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120570, "Moves...having to rest up or heal refresh takes a big b..."
In response to Reply #6

Then once you get where they are, you have to rest up for the chase

TheBluestThumbMon 05-May-14 04:01 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
#120569, "I would argue.."
In response to Reply #4

Yeah, PK with 75% in all that.

I've never spam practiced anything. Ever. The way I tend to get any skill up is through pk and ranking.

A warrior with 75% skills at 15 is probably at around the same skill % as anyone else he is fighting. Being aggressive and learning when to use those skills is more important than spamming them up on some mob.

ValguarneraTue 06-May-14 07:24 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120575, "Also more time effective."
In response to Reply #7

A warrior with 75% skills at 15 is probably at around the same skill % as anyone else he is fighting. Being aggressive and learning when to use those skills is more important than spamming them up on some mob.

Let's say you have, say, 1 hour a day to play. And you're a player of moderate but not exceptional skill.

In a month, you could play three different characters for 10 hours each where you spent nearly all your time engaging with other characters, using default skill levels and accidental gear. You might only spend 5 of those 30 hours leveling up, buying some basic gear and supplies, grabbing a little cash, etc. If you lose a fight, the game is presently set up in such a way that it's really nothing.

Or you can spend roughly those same 30 hours getting one character carefully practiced up to 100% all the skills you might use, carefully scavenging a strong set of equipment, drinking coffee to stay awake, etc.

The first way not only will teach you a lot more about the game (three perspectives, more competition against humans instead of NPCs), but it will be a lot more fun to execute.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

DaevrynTue 06-May-14 07:11 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#120574, "RE: Practicing skills made me level up against my will!"
In response to Reply #4

> Unless you're suggesting I try to PK with 75% bash, parry, dodge and all weapons

If you have to, yeah.

Having bad skills and/or bad gear will change how common circumstances align that you should be tripping (for example) but still will help you understand how to make the decision whether or not you should.

Keara (Anonymous)Fri 09-May-14 09:31 PM
Charter member
#120597, "RE: Meh, I just don't know how to warrior"
In response to Reply #1

Having seen a few of your warriors now, I disagree. But that's just my opinion.

Also, that short convo we had in the mountains, I laughed. Mostly at myself and the situation, but your words spurred it. And the follow up talks, regardless of brevity.

Good luck with the next. Again. And again. And again.

MurphySat 10-May-14 10:39 AM
1639 posts
#120600, "Hmm. I don't remember playing any warriors of repute."
In response to Reply #13

I've only played like three (a herald and two tribs).

I was quite satisfied with my RP on this one, just didn't like mechanics of the class.

Keara (Anonymous)Sun 11-May-14 10:09 AM
Charter member
#120612, "RE: Hmm. I don't remember playing any warriors of reput..."
In response to Reply #14

Maybe its because you played an assassin like a warrior, for a while at least.

And your RP has always been solid in my eyes. Perhaps you've screwed up around others, but it's always been pretty spot on. And I don't just mean with Keara either.

MurphySun 11-May-14 09:26 PM
1639 posts
#120615, "Well thanks. Glad to hear that :)"
In response to Reply #15

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #120560 Previous topic | Next topic