Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Wildermore the Wizard of Earth" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119927
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 24-Mar-14 04:44 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119927, "(DELETED) [None] Wildermore the Wizard of Earth"

Mon Mar 24 04:35:34 2014

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Wildermore perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:invoker
Level:32
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:77

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mackle (NOT Arolin)Mon 24-Mar-14 04:54 AM
Charter member
#119930, "Arolin's come back is over (hrm why does my name say no..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 24-Mar-14 04:56 AM

Well that’s it for me (of course I said that a long time ago).
Imladri and Edoras should appear on this list in 3 days time (for some reason it’s a rage delete even though I have not died for ages).
For those that remember me, which is most people because I can’t see many young people playing a text base game, I played Arolin. Some people hated me, some liked me. I quit for 8 years (played from 1995 to 2005) mostly evil masters.

A few months ago the game I was playing (Lord of the rings online) was becoming dull with most of my end game raiding team leaving the game. I am going to play ESO which is released in a week, CF was an ideal gap fitter. To be honest, when I tried connecting to the game I was actually amazed it was still running, good job on the imms for keeping this game running long past its ‘best before date.’

Upon my return I made an invoker for scion, but unfortunately with two kids at my feet I don’t get to play on the weekends and my night time is off-peak timezone and so there are not many people on. Plus I had a run in with a scion transmuter who made me an enemy just because he had nobody else in pk.

So I ended up making two good align heroes for exploration. It really was weird playing a good align, I think I had only 2 good aligns out of countless characters in the past.
I really enjoyed evil conjurers so gave a good align one ago, they are a truly impressive explore character. My other was an invoker and my exploring was with another conjurer and I have to say you could not find 2 better combos for exploring, we pretty much cleared the mud as a duo.

I also tried a transmuter and shifter but they are not really suited for exploring so I stopped playing them early on.

It is interesting how your memory is, some areas I could navigate through blind as if I had not quit the game for 8 years. Other things had completely gone and I had to fully re-learn.

As for invokers, I like the skill learning mechanic I had 6 shields at 43 hours and all spells by 58 hours, but not going to reveal my methods here.

Well there you have it, Arolin can play CF without PKing, too bad my roleplay still sucks. I enjoyed re-learning the game mechanics and I enjoyed exploring some of the new areas made since I was away and some of the places I never properly explored. I have no regrets about the returned time, but given I’ve seen most of the areas now there is not much more to do.

Off to Elder Scrolls Online, farewell.
Arolin

Polymnia (Anonymous)Mon 24-Mar-14 07:53 AM
Charter member
#119933, "I enjoyed your brief return"
In response to Reply #1

You are right about off-peak numbers. It's the same 4-6 people every night. Explore wise we only missed Hell, Silent Tower and Tiamat's Lair. Clearly Hell wasn't an option. Good luck getting 2k Imm exp for Silent Tower. Good luck finding an off-peak group to do Tiamat's. Learning near on everything about every other area/quest was an itch that was well and truly scratched. GL in ESO.

Gurn BlanstonTue 25-Mar-14 08:46 AM
Member since 22nd Mar 2011
55 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119943, "Love to see Old School Players about"
In response to Reply #1

Even if it was just for a wee bit, glad to see people still get drawn back into the game. You were an awesome player.

Perpetual_NoobWed 26-Mar-14 01:16 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2012
358 posts
#119947, "I'm looking Forward to ESO (Imperial Edition)"
In response to Reply #1

I hope you pre-ordered so you can play early. :-D

GraatchWed 26-Mar-14 04:16 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
167 posts
#119948, "RE: Arolin's come back is over (hrm why does my name sa..."
In response to Reply #1

Hey, good to see you around. Send me a pm on dios with your email address.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119927 Previous topic | Next topic