Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Olddarund the Legend of the Battlefi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119798
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 17-Mar-14 10:11 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119798, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Olddarund the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade"

Mon Mar 17 10:02:53 2014

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Olddarund perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:175

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Jakke (NOT Gorach)Tue 18-Mar-14 02:01 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

It had been some time since I last played an evil, so I did something out of the ordinary (playing a low int race), and I sure had a blast with Olddarund. Playing a low int race made me decide that I would not spend hours and hours on getting everything to 100%, and it turned out to be a rather good choice; everything went up 'fairly' easy until the higher 90s, and that was just fine. Maces are way better on a duergar than on an arial, and I for some reason I seem to think that whips are too. I should definitely have gone for something more offensive, both in terms of weapons and legacies. As all ways, Cry of Thunder remains one of my favorites, but gates was a complete loss - not in the least because I never succeeded in getting a full plate set (be that spiked or something else). It was a very utilitarian build, and as such I was able to steer fights my own way and do some nice stuff that I would have never thought possible (killing Dern with fairly ease, getting gold with the Aboleths, ...) All in all, I really enjoyed the duergar warrior build, surely something I will probably going to explore more!
As for my friends and enemies: you all seemed decent enough. I do hate the very one-sided paladin fights, even with a certain shield and protections.
Empire, rock on, I've met both newer and more experienced players and that's a nice mix to do stuff with. Destuvius, a special mention to you; the player interactions are greatly appreciated and inspiring. I personally think you're doing very good stuff with the Empire and act very well on player frustrations (like the elite related message you sent out a couple of days before; but also throwing around gold for various reasons)- your no nonsense style, I like very much. From what I saw, you're a stern, but correct Immortal - and that's just the way it should be. Blades, nice interactions and great fights - War Master, I didnt' see you much, I just hope our playing times didn't match - if not, clear the space.

Peace out,
Gorach

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119798 Previous topic | Next topic