Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dalenvyr the Solicitous Preceptor ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119696
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 07-Mar-14 02:48 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119696, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dalenvyr the Solicitous Preceptor of Purity, Priest of the Jaguar"

Fri Mar 7 01:41:38 2014

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Dalenvyr perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:168

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dalenvyr (Anonymous)Fri 07-Mar-14 02:27 PM
Charter member
#119705, "Fun run"
In response to Reply #0

I hadn't played the game in years before I made this guy. I had tons and tons of newb moments since I forgot how to find ANYTHING in this game. It was usually pretty embarassing when some lower level people would check me out and go "Hey, uh. Why don't you just go to this area and grab a ring?" "Oohhhh yeah."

Also I'm not sure I'd pick elf monk as a 'relearn the game' combo. It took me awhile to get the hang of monk well enough to not just get my crap rocked nonstop. Anticipate is an amazing skill and the few times I felt I used it right I felt like a total Matrix dodging badass. When I forgot to put it up or spent the whole fight with the sword spec warrior anticipating 'sleep', I felt kinda dumb. Avoid was another interesting ability. There are aspects of it that are amazing and other parts where I really wished I just went sword and board. I also felt like I forgot about ascend a lot and never quite found too many uses for it. The few times I remembered I had it, I'd be indoors so I couldn't use it anyway. If I had to do it again I think I'd probably go human or maybe dwarf on a monk. The iron vuln and lack of hps and general weak melee tanking meant I got tore up fast and easy.

Fort was largely fairly in power but I tried to make a point of fighting solo and not hunting in any kind of band. When I'd spot someone I wouldn't call it out on cb or let anyone know. I wanted to make sure the fights stayed solo. (Unless it was a group then I might call in some backup to even it up) The only exceptions were raid situations and a few others. I wasn't perfect in this goal but hopefully nobody felt like I was wrangling up a possee.

Goodbyes!

Baer: I sorta played this guy as a strength sphere Shokite. Which, uh, I quickly found out wasn't quite in line with Baer's religion. I kinda winged it to evolve a bit but I never thought I really quite nailed it.

Drogtar: You were probably my favorite enemy. You were a late night player like me and I could always count on a fight. Early on things were kinda one sided since the faith virtue makes shaman pretty easy to handle, but you started mixing up your tactics later and playing the long game and things started to really even out. I think it would take a big mistake for us to kill each other though. (And the one kill I did get I think your sanc dropped naturally and I took advantage of it)

Gedunthos: You were another great enemy. We had some great talks and you were a serious glass cannon. You'd rock me or I'd rock you. There was no in between.

Sehdara: Another favorite. I loved all the talks we'd have in between you rending the #### outta me. It was a bit frustrating since I knew I had no real chance to ever kill you, the best I could hope to do is get you to fly off.

Deaer: Great healer. Always knew when to show up and how to keep people alive.

Andira: We had some great chats but our times just never seemed to mesh. I think I saw you maybe 3 or 4 times?

Viclannan: You started out super green but started to come along in the end. I hope you're having fun in this game, and while it can be pretty punishing it's definitely very rewarding if you see things through.

Saersha: Always up for a fun adventure. It was a great time hanging out with you and Corlx seeing where we could explore.

Corlx: Never did have that drink.

Hothgar: Mostly a foe but a great one. I loved how focused you'd be on your goals. You'd raid us to regain Empire's item and completely ignore me if I attacked you. Fall back, heal, and weaken the Maran further. ...this was another case I knew I'd never land a kill unless you made a big mistake.

Yegtheg: Another good enemy. Anticipate bash was a godsend for fighting orcs. However even with that your raw melee power could often make me need to fall back. We largely fought one on one, but there were a few times I took you two on one and you got me in a few two on ones too.

Drogtar/Naldigar/Some Orc you owned/Kraldinor/some (Anonymous)Fri 07-Mar-14 05:03 PM
Charter member
#119710, "How the hell did you only have 168 hours!"
In response to Reply #1

I had a lot of fun with you. I think the only character I ever actually killed you with was Kraldinor (at least I think I remember killing you), of course I Was an 800 hour Emperor at that point and you were an elf paladin just entering hero ranks so I might have had an advantage. You handled my orc pretty easily (mamlauk is horribly suited to fight a monk). We had some close fights w Naldigar, but all the Ws went to you. I at least got back on even footing with Drogtar and I think the one death came from immotaltion once we separated, but I could never take you down, even though I got close a few times. Was hoping to see you more with my current, but think we did get one fight in. Sorry if I gave more of a conversational than evil vibe with most of my chars toward you, but I think we did have one really good interaction with Kraldinor and at least one with Drogtar. Hope you play another mort.

Saersha (Anonymous)Fri 07-Mar-14 07:47 PM
Charter member
#119712, "RE: Fun run"
In response to Reply #1

At first I thought you were a new comer, then I thought you were a veteran, but.. wait... hrmmm. Returning player makes total sense.

I always enjoyed seeing you around, even if you wouldn't drink. I even started to remember that you didn't drink too. How many times did I offer, I wonder.

Corlx (Anonymous)Sat 08-Mar-14 01:04 AM
Charter member
#119724, "RE: Fun run"
In response to Reply #3

Not as many times as I did. Corlx likes a challenge, can't believe I never got you drunk. Only other character I interacted with that I never managed(or remembered) was Mirozah, and he thought I was poisoning my drinks. Anyways, what little time we adventured was fun, and given enough time, I woulda worn ya down.

Keara (Anonymous)Fri 07-Mar-14 10:52 PM
Charter member
#119718, "RE: Fun run"
In response to Reply #1

The first few times we interacted, I knew more than you. Then all of a sudden it was even, or you knew more.

Really did enjoy re-showing (?) you some areas, and you were a pleasure to talk to about religions and whatnot.

Good luck with your next

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119696 Previous topic | Next topic