Subject: "(CON LOSS) [SCION] Sindy the Suffering Heretic of the G..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119672
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 06-Mar-14 12:12 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119672, "(CON LOSS) [SCION] Sindy the Suffering Heretic of the Gaping Maw"

Wed Mar 5 23:05:52 2014

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Sindy perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:395

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Sindy the Suffering Heretic of t..., Corlx (Anonymous), 08-Mar-14 01:06 AM, #23
Reply Another one gone, Amatrysti (Anonymous), 06-Mar-14 04:45 PM, #11
Reply The Joys of Misery (very long), Sindy (Anonymous), 06-Mar-14 02:53 PM, #8
Reply I liked Sindy., Lyristeon, 06-Mar-14 03:42 PM, #10
Reply RE: The Joys of Misery (very long), Polymnia (Anonymous), 06-Mar-14 06:07 PM, #12
Reply I thought you did well, Ishuntal (Anonymous), 06-Mar-14 07:59 PM, #13
Reply Deception is antithesis to the Truth, Quarissa (Anonymous), 06-Mar-14 09:02 PM, #14
Reply This post is laughable, CD, 06-Mar-14 10:36 PM, #15
     Reply RE: This post is laughable, Vonzamir, 07-Mar-14 07:31 PM, #20
          Reply They're not around often, Quarissa (Anonymous), 08-Mar-14 12:39 AM, #22
Reply RE: The Joys of Misery (very long), Yegrut (Anonymous), 07-Mar-14 11:48 AM, #17
Reply RE: The Joys of Misery (very long), Jalrandar (Anonymous), 07-Mar-14 12:32 PM, #18
Reply Liked your chars, Exit, 07-Mar-14 12:49 PM, #19
Reply RE: The Joys of Misery (very long), Keara (Anonymous), 07-Mar-14 10:55 PM, #21
Reply RE: The Joys of Misery (very long), Phyrle (Anonymous), 08-Mar-14 02:33 AM, #24
Reply RE: The Joys of Misery (very long), Invoker (Anonymous), 08-Mar-14 05:06 AM, #25
Reply RE: The Joys of Misery (very long), Kwoalewei (Anonymous), 08-Mar-14 10:16 AM, #26
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Sindy the Suffering Heretic of t..., Amora, 06-Mar-14 01:24 PM, #7
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Sindy the Suffering Heretic of t..., Lordamir (Anonymous), 06-Mar-14 11:21 AM, #6
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Sindy the Suffering Heretic of t..., Marlannan (Anonymous), 06-Mar-14 09:40 AM, #5
Reply Funny., Tsunami, 06-Mar-14 09:24 AM, #4
Reply What's with the OOC hate?, Einrai (Anonymous), 06-Mar-14 02:20 AM, #2
Reply This is not solely in reference to Sindy, Akresius, 06-Mar-14 07:43 AM, #3
Reply +1 to Akresius, Sindy (Anonymous), 06-Mar-14 03:10 PM, #9
     Reply Did you have detect invis up?, Einrai (Anonymous), 07-Mar-14 12:38 AM, #16
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Sindy the Suffering Heretic of t..., Frijer (Anonymous), 06-Mar-14 01:35 AM, #1

Corlx (Anonymous)Sat 08-Mar-14 01:06 AM
Charter member
#119725, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Sindy the Suffering Heretic of t..."
In response to Reply #0

You were definitely intriguing. Making deals with Scion in General is like dealing with the devil, and you played the tortured soul very well. Always wondered when a conversation would go wrong and I would have a Nightwalker going for the throat. We'll played.

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Thu 06-Mar-14 04:45 PM
Charter member
#119689, "Another one gone"
In response to Reply #0

Damnit. You were cool and knew you couldn't have much left in you and that made me a bit sad. Quality opponents like you make the game so much fun and log ins less of a chore.

I wondered what ever the hell happened to Pam. We were pretty good together. Nkgeh was becoming another favorite of mine. I always remember those two chars were literally always on so I should've made the connection with Sindy's constant presence. The Red Bull HQ in Salzburg Austria must love you as a loyal customer.

Look forward to seeing what you bring next!

Sindy (Anonymous)Thu 06-Mar-14 02:53 PM
Charter member
#119686, "The Joys of Misery (very long)"
In response to Reply #0

Sindy, Sindy, Sindy….

I’m about to drop some opinionated views on this death thread. Disclaimer should read something to the effect of, if you liked Sindy or my stable of Characters over the decades please stop reading now. Now that’s out of the way let’s start at the beginning. This character had no role entered and I had a pretty poor description. I didn’t really have any preconceived ideas of how I was gonna play Sindy. Playing a healer who is evil is sort of an oxymoron. I basically flew blindly into this character, for that I got more and less than I expected. I tried to RP evil #### and I assume I got that across a few times.

Here are some of Sindy’s highlights. I was empowered at rank 8 from a lucky who command that happened to have the Imp visible. Flying by the seat of my pants after few exchanges and I was blessed. I’ll go into that relationship further down this thread. In the past I had played a healer who woke in the Empire to witness my cabal destroyed then a Scion cabal created. After a prayer sent up I was one of the first 5 PC inducted into Scion out of nowhere. I hated that character, Raspisuiz, and thought Scion healer was a pile of dog poo after I couldn’t even kill a man-at-arms alone for pitch black rings. A handle I still use to this day on Yahoo Chess. Oh how things change with experience. Sindy was a lot more deadly and competent alone than I had ever anticipated. I know a lot of people questioned the way I dressed and the weapons I chose to use but for my own experience it worked out perfectly as planned for being alone most of the time. No, I didn’t have a high HP but I had protections and a good mana pool. My melee output would be massacres often mangles and I delivered a fair share of *s. For example I could kill the Charcoal Dragon alone and I could and did solo raid every enemy cabal. This was a huge surprise to me personally. My play style is balls out and it is reflected in my PK ratio. I defended every single raid on the Chasm despite overwhelming odds and paid for it with my life on countless occasions. 99% of my enemies were respectful in almost every death and you all deserve a pat on the back for being good sports. Personally I never expected to come back to as much loot as I did on so many occasions. Not certain but I think I might have been the “second deadliest healer in thera” (Inside joke between friends I used to play with many years ago). I have to give kudos to the outlander healer whose PK count was double that of my own. More highlights include, but not limited to, induction into Scion, tons of Imm experience often out of the blue, titled, tattooed, and I’m not certain why but for some reason my beckon had a special echo. Thanks a bunch for all of that jazz.

Here are some of the lowlights. PLEASE SKIP THIS LONG PARAGRAPH IF YOU DON’T WANT TO HEAR MY RANT AND THIS IS GONNA BE A RANT. Scion sucked balls. I have a personal difference in opinion with the way the cabal is managed. There is no goal to the cabal, there is no presence within the cabal, there is no guidance as to the cabal direction, there are a ton of enemies and very few allies, there is absolutely no leadership IMM or PC, there is no cool hidden quest, there just wasn’t anything but abuse and suffering. There is not even a tome at the Archmage that lays out any kind of guideline for new inductees. All of this suckage, in my opinion, does not counterbalance basically a set of powers that are decent if you are not a mage class. It’s my understanding that Scions should be competent on their own, standout individuals who display outstanding RP but all I can say is ####ing ####. Why do they even have a cabal item? Why not just reward these certain players who have that with special spells and powers and call them golden gods. To those who just play this game for the fun of it, Scion in my opinion is ####. Countless people who wanted in the cabal I had no answers for. If you had questions about our purpose or our role, I made #### up. How someone like Mirozah gets overlooked for Advisor, how I got overlooked for Advisor, how Halifan got IMM exp for the stupid #### he got it for blows my mind. Breaking news, having applicants kill each other for the coveted spot is not an original idea. And I was around for the RP about not hunting Heralds and it was more of a “We don’t need to know the location of Heralds as they aren’t actively hunted” but it was phrased in a form of assery expected from Halifan. And Halifan killed Heralds! Yes this was probably the one guidance he ever related, but IMM exp for it I believe was just more popcorn in a large bowl for nothing out of the ordinary. I had to try and force him into inducting anyone. I understand being difficult to get into Scion is fair, but blowing off so many people with lame excuses or no excuse at all is just lame. Lordamir, Barakkus, and Ormee would have never been inducted if I had not gone to war with Halifan to get them inducted or simply tricked him. When I was inducted Eudessa was told one of us would be unindicted within the week because she had recommended me. And I had to relate to Halifan that I found Eudessa twice as more involved in the cabal as any other member at the time in hopes they wouldn’t uninduct Eudessa. Perhaps it was just co-incidence but Eudessa’s play time dropped considerably after that incident and didn’t pick back up until it was apparent it was a half-hearted threat. How the cabal goes as long as it has under just one leader is basically neglect and merely adds to this BS. A cabal should never be left in the dark as long as Scion has been. Being led by only one PC makes it a dice shoot for if your play times align and if that PC likes you or appreciates your RP. Add to this that the one leader is a shapeshifter who can’t talk in form and you spend most of your time attempting to talk to “they aren’t there” or going down a list of various forms you may or may not know they have to simply get a tell in “hey douchebag”. All of which simply add up to a huge #### you for so many players that simply a no you’re not good enough for Scion or here’s a nudge as to how to get inducted into Scion get left completely in an ignorant limbo of wasted RL hours. After playing Nkgeh I really thought Scion was in the ####ter. I would hold the Scepter at the Tree often for RL days with no attempts to retrieve, save a few attempts from Socapex and Halifan. And when Halifan stopped even trying for the Scepter I really felt bad for him. So I rolled Sindy hoping to revive Scion a little. I think to some extent I was able to do this, to a greater extent my opinion is I failed at this. To me Scion is still in the ####ter. END RANT.

A few goodbyes.

Lyristeon was very cool. I enjoyed being a part of the religion even though I know I offered very little of it back to warrant the blessings you provided. A person would think as much time as I dedicate to CF I would be more involved in my RP but I’m really just not into CF in that aspect. I do my share to get by RP wise but I’m really just in it for the excitement not the RP experience. I appreciate your effort toward my experience in a large way and hope I offered a small amount of entertainment in return.

Scions.

Lordamir was my favored Igniter. I wish you well and I have hopes you will leave the Cabal in better shape than I did. You were evil and competent. We spent a lot of time together gathering things, advancing, and talking. Our attacks on Galadon were by far the most fun I had as a Scion.

Eudessa is a good character and has a long path ahead of her. I respect your choices and your reasoning, even if I disagree with them. I can’t tell you how much I appreciated your recommendation. I wish I could have offered you more insight into the path you have chosen and I wish you well with your course.

Ormee seemed very deadly to me and likely the most deadly of all the other members combined. As fellow follower of the Imp, you annoyed me less than others as Sindy would say. I’m not crazy about your RP but I can see you put effort into it. If you are not made Chancellor I would be surprised, but not shocked.

Barakkus seemed less experienced to the cabal but a very good set of eyes to have around. After I rejected your pledge by accident I made it a point to get you inducted to sort of make up for my error. I didn’t want you to get discouraged and give up like so many would have with that echo of rejection and I was willing to be uninducted if that was the cost.

Halifan was a douchbag. Yes you were competent on your own, yes you had done it most of your life on your own, yes you were evil but in my opinion you were the worst cabal leader of any cabal in recent times. All of that aside, I really enjoyed our exchanges and was so relieved to see you awaken. I would laugh out loud at some of the things you would say to me and allow me to say to you. When Barakkus was inducted I let a lot of it go as I thought you received the point I was making and I noticed you had started to make an effort, all be a small one, to induct again. Urog was another deadbeat Leader of yours. As I was Shanta, and I will always remember you making me remove all my EQ and ask for forgiveness for trying to unseat you because I sent a note to the council and Z that included the word Empire in the note to line. Classic.

Allies and Enemies.

Oloice and Zomenth were my favorite two allies. Together the three of us would crush. We literally killed the demon in Mortorn so fast it didn’t even have a chance to let out a single gas blast. I was in awe at the amount of damage Oloice could dish out with Zomenth’s spells to compliment. I will miss our times together the most of this character experience.

Yeekur was cool too. You didn’t mind my off-putting attitude and together we burned some together. You were one of the few I didn’t try to make ash of, if not the only one.

Marlannan, Eralodiz, Corlix. All of you had the great RP I have come to expect from the Herald Troupe. I can’t tell you how much I laughed out loud about Marlannan’s tells and would often speak to you for no other reason than to hear what would be replied. Eralodiz, if I spelled that right, was always willing to help me out and I tried to banter back and forth with you whenever I could. Compliments to the Chef. And to Corlix. You have great RP and the world is at a loss now that Saersha and you can’t go back and forth at one another. You alone make me miss playing Herald.

Phyrle and Maslarn. All I can say is good luck. I doubt either of you will appreciate my RP toward you as much as I appreciated your presence in Thera. Keep trucking. CF is a difficult world to learn and even more difficult to appreciate through the rough times. The hard times are often the most memorable and offer the most return in lessons you will never forget throughout your career in CF. I hope you can endure and appreciate the world I have experienced over the years. Every time I spoke to you both I couldn’t help but get an internal monologue from Tropic Thunder, “Got any tips?”

All the enemies that got the gate to.

Damn that had to be annoying. Some of you were tougher than others. But getting beat on by a healer just has to be disheartening. Some of you got the best of me and I didn’t mind at all. Thanks for keeping it classy throughout the annoyance.

Vree has to be one of my most loathed and respected opponents. You make me miss playing a thief so damn much. I love your build, your willingness to mix it up, and your overall commitment and vibe. Well played sir, well played.

Alicade comes in third on this scale. The difference is between you two is I didn’t get any good RP from you. In my opinion you should be neutral at best. Your stance that ethos is secondary to alignment is just poor RP as far as I am concerned. That all being said, in fairness, I have never had a character that was a friend of yours so I probably miss what good aspects you display.

Caldysia ranks the highest on this scale minus the respect. I despise your character and I echo what I said in my goodbyes from Nkgeh. You were the bane of Sindy.

Amatrysti was my favorite opponent by far. I really enjoyed our fights alone in the woods. I would literally heal you during the fights just so the experience would last longer. I think I played Sindy very akin to the way I played Nkgeh and Pamalynn. It’s just my style. I appreciated your concern for my longevity in those regards, but I don’t exactly shoot for a good PK ratio. I just want the kills and the thrills. I couldn’t avoid death if I tried, sometimes I simply sigh at how easy it I make it look. I mean I burn con like it’s a fat sack of the chronic and when it’s gone I feel high and happy. Good luck your character.

Yegrut is categorized by me as one of the many interesting characters I have experienced in CF over the years. Where most other names will be lost to me over time, you as an enemy and an ally, I respect highly. Your RP effort will not be forgotten and I will always remember the name Yegrut (or maybe it was Tiggle). Rock on man, rock on.

Serra, Hexugar, Iebela, and Heras. Serra and I battled many a time. And I think I always ended up dead, often times repeatedly. It never bothered me and our EQ exchanges added just a little more to the experience. Thanks for being cool. Hexugar was not someone I enjoyed battling. I tried to taunt you to come into the Archmage because in my mind that was the only way I would ever best you or even challenge you. Toward the end I think you took it as disrespectful and I quit talking to you because I didn’t want to just be annoying. Iebela seemed like the catalyst to all the battle raids to the Chasm, little to no RP, but I’m fine with that. And Heras. We had several exchanges. That battle in Arial City where I got death blown, I was like wow. That was a surprise. Thanks for being classy. OH how did I forget Haans. Directly from my screen as we fought. That really did hurt.

Nizrili, Jalrandar, and Maligor. Good luck bros. Maybe Empire will be my next project. I doubt it but maybe.

Wootet, Kerci, and the frost giant, plus the rest of you rangers. I enjoyed the fights. I hope our talks benefited you Kerci, I think you’re one cool dude. I was willing to con die the other day at the Tree to get the fetish and if the huntress had not returned I likely would have. I had really just had enough of the character and I hope you all enjoyed my dying as much as I enjoyed the fray.

Quarissa, Thombury, and Koala Bear. I really never expected that Scarab would be my strongest allies coming up through the ranks. Nor did I expect you to turn on me as quickly. I think you are ridiculous Quarissa. That familiar is OP. Thombury was my favorite ally for the longest time and then came out the monkey wrench. Good luck with everything. Koala you are squishy and I just wanted to squeeze you til your head popped off. A side note. I find the Scarab temple overpopulated and ridiculous as well. Nosum on that cabal makes no sense to me if you can word out of it. The Scarab came out of no-where and it seems anyone with a pulse could be inducted.

As with all of my characters I take more from CF than I can ever give back, so I really do try to help out the rest of you when I can. Thanks to all of you for putting up with me. Rock on peeps. Rock on.

LyristeonThu 06-Mar-14 03:42 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119688, "I liked Sindy."
In response to Reply #8

I think you pulled off the misery 'doesn't' love company thing very well. I caught the angle really quick and thought it was a unique perspective. You may not have rp'd it much with words, but with me, as you now know, it's about the action. And you gave it your all which is the key to the tattoo. All in all, well done.

Polymnia (Anonymous)Thu 06-Mar-14 06:07 PM
Charter member
#119690, "RE: The Joys of Misery (very long)"
In response to Reply #8

>99% of my enemies were respectful in almost every death and you
>all deserve a pat on the back for being good sports.
>Personally I never expected to come back to as much loot as I
>did on so many occasions.

It is a shame you were not able to treat others the same way.
When we suckered you into that death I left the loot decision
up to the new player. She chose to only take a piece or two
and told me to leave the rest as she did not want to stoop to
your level. From someone who was recently fully looted by you
for no reason whatsoever, I was very impressed with her actions.

I hope you were too.

Ishuntal (Anonymous)Thu 06-Mar-14 07:59 PM
Charter member
#119691, "I thought you did well"
In response to Reply #8

I had no complaints about Sindy. You always gave a fight and were respectable as far as enemies go.

We didn't talk too much but the times we did were well RPd on your end.

Quarissa (Anonymous)Thu 06-Mar-14 09:02 PM
Charter member
#119693, "Deception is antithesis to the Truth"
In response to Reply #8

Since we can't see spheres it took a decree from Father to realize we are not allies. And I did my best to explain what's up. And my fam is not that op at hero, for example a devil can be far more dangerous.
And Scarab has 6 people, compared to any other cabal that's vero low. Impression of strength comes from the fact that we have six competent people. Well, for the most part, except for me.

Overall had a good run with you and against. You ran away convulsing more times that I care to remember.

CDThu 06-Mar-14 10:36 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119694, "This post is laughable"
In response to Reply #14

"impression of strengt comes from the fact we have 'six' competent people"

The whole temple is super strong. You'd be stupid or ignorant to think otherwise. The whole concept is that there is only like 1 scarab ever. Which isnt true as you state six.

VonzamirFri 07-Mar-14 07:31 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
#119711, "RE: This post is laughable"
In response to Reply #15

Back when the mud would peek at around 100 players I remember there usually being 1-3 Scarabs at any one time. In today's environment, I'd say six competent people is about three more than any other cabal has (FWIW I don't rate myself as competent).

Quarissa (Anonymous)Sat 08-Mar-14 12:39 AM
Charter member
#119723, "They're not around often"
In response to Reply #20

I'm on pretty much every night and most of the time I'm alone. Of course, if there are two or three of us it looks like we're dominating, but we're truly not. You can't raid scarab even with one of us on, and our raiding is usually limited to Fort. Sometimes Battle, but not very often. And lowbies retrieve at will thereafter since there's no lowbie scarab. Besides, all six are pretty much loners, even with others around I rarely group. The fort team is far worse for example.

P.S. It's fairly difficult to get into scarab, it's just the first wave of people, give it time, and I think there will only be few. Besides, I'd personally be much more afraid of three scions than three scarabites since we don't really have any PK powers and have to rely on class abilities.

P.P.S. Sorry for hijacking a death thread, I won't reply further here.

Yegrut (Anonymous)Fri 07-Mar-14 11:48 AM
Charter member
#119700, "RE: The Joys of Misery (very long)"
In response to Reply #8

Nkegh!

(Some things just mentally fell into place about Sindy lol)

The balls to the wall thing now makes alot more sense. Please come back to the Refuge, we need you again! Try Lightwalker, could use a balls to the wall sunwarden.

Either way, thanks for the props and GLWYN

Jalrandar (Anonymous)Fri 07-Mar-14 12:32 PM
Charter member
#119701, "RE: The Joys of Misery (very long)"
In response to Reply #8

I thought Sindy was a great character for Scion and did a lot to boost that cabal and will be greatly missed. However, the "coward coward coward" rp in my direction got really old really fast, although I get that it may have stemmed from the time I had connection issues.

In response to "there are a ton of enemies and very few allies"

I can think of a few times we fought when you had me at a two on one. The only time I can think of I had backup when we fought were the times fort was around and decided to go after you instead of me. Of course I've died to Fort/Scion when they decided I was a higher priority as well. If you have two or three scions on, they can usually domintate from what I have seen over the years.

ExitFri 07-Mar-14 12:49 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
121 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119702, "Liked your chars"
In response to Reply #8

I don't want to muck up your death thread, so I'll just say that we have very different perspectives when it came to Scion induction and there was a lot that you did not see behind the scenes. I'm sorry you felt like the Cabal stagnated under my reign, but rest assured it was not my intention to avoid inducting. I hope somewhere between me being a douchebag and me being the worst cabal leader of all time you managed to find some joy playing with me!

As I mentioned in my death thread, I liked Sindy in the end and you made the logins more interesting when you were on. The reason I made you (and others that you deemed worthy that I did not) jump through the hoops I did is because there should be some substance to a Scion, not 'despoil and Nightwalker on a stick' for every powergamer to latch on to. Sadly, I understand the realities of the limited playerbase and time investment to be different today than over the past 10 years.

I liked Nkgeh in the very beginning, when we would mess around with each other as frenemies. Later on in life it became more about the business of raiding and retrieving, and when Outlander had a brief resurgence things became hard for the two of us to do our own thing without six other Outlanders showing up. A few interactions soured me on you in the end, but you were definitely a good presence for Outlander when you were on.

Now as for Shanta, man talk about a blast from the past! Your coup attempt made for a memorable moment for me, and if you read Urog's role you'll see you even get a prime mention from it! That little roleplay session Urog had with Shanta is one of my favorite CF moments.

Keara (Anonymous)Fri 07-Mar-14 10:55 PM
Charter member
#119719, "RE: The Joys of Misery (very long)"
In response to Reply #8

I've talked more with other Scions than I did with you, but the interactions were solid enough.

First few times you gated, I was quite caught off guard. Then I recalled my healer days, and remembered...warrior. And teleport potions for the times where I was truly caught off guard.

Fun to play against you, good luck with your next.

Phyrle (Anonymous)Sat 08-Mar-14 02:33 AM
Charter member
#119728, "RE: The Joys of Misery (very long)"
In response to Reply #8

LOONG story short: I was introduced to Carrion Fields in 99 and 00 and played it with a passion. I played intermittently and sporadically until now, never quite heroing characters, though playing relatively dedicated ones nonethless. But Phryle was my first hero.

I just want to say I always come back to this because of the players. In fact, I almost expected to run into a characters like Sindy, characters that I remember from 10+ years ago. If I hadn't I would have definitely been discouraged.

Thanks for keeping me interested, because I'm strugging with my next reroll.

Invoker (Anonymous)Sat 08-Mar-14 05:06 AM
Charter member
#119731, "RE: The Joys of Misery (very long)"
In response to Reply #8

<-- good align invoker that often spoke to you.

Point 1,
395 hours since your warrior, OMG that is too much, try to reduce your playing time or CF will consume you. I think most players have gone through this before. 1996 was my worst year I played as much then as you do now and it came at a cost.

Point 2,
Your comments on scion pretty much confirm what I was thinking, I first rolled an evil invoker for scion after 8 years away from the game and found the whole thing to be a complete mess. Over 10 evil masters and scions and a failed application, it's just broken. Everyone is trying to be game of thrones, scheming is old and boring, team work is not anti-evil, team work is just smart.

Kwoalewei (Anonymous)Sat 08-Mar-14 10:16 AM
Charter member
#119732, "RE: The Joys of Misery (very long)"
In response to Reply #8

I enjoyed our interactions, especially early on. You laughing off my attempt to disrupt your mind when we "became enemies" was memorable-- that strategy didn't really ever work against you.

When I kick the bucket I'll elaborate further on how things went down from my end. Well done as a deadly healer.

AmoraThu 06-Mar-14 01:20 PM
Member since 28th Feb 2006
123 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119684, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Sindy the Suffering Heretic of t..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 06-Mar-14 01:24 PM

Enjoyed Sindy, come back again!

Lordamir (Anonymous)Thu 06-Mar-14 11:21 AM
Charter member
#119683, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Sindy the Suffering Heretic of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Seriously, con death? Well, I guess I should have seen it coming
I really liked our many interactions, travels, etc. We traveled together a lot, and surely, we would have done more great things together, but I guess I'll have to do them on my own now. I *really* liked the warrior-healer style shift you made and how you just got up again and went for the next. Good, really good job man, refreshing (and somewhat successful ) take on the class. I'll see you around

Marlannan (Anonymous)Thu 06-Mar-14 09:40 AM
Charter member
#119681, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Sindy the Suffering Heretic of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Count me in as one who liked this character, and our interactions. You always made things interesting.

TsunamiThu 06-Mar-14 09:24 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#119680, "Funny."
In response to Reply #0

I liked playing with you as Aethorcyn the gnome invoker. I don't have the stones to play mages through I'm afraid. I think it would have been great fun to continue with you though.

Einrai (Anonymous)Thu 06-Mar-14 02:20 AM
Charter member
#119677, "What's with the OOC hate?"
In response to Reply #0

Because I walked a fine line once or twice and placed a flag based on witness? Nothing that I haven't seen others do over the years in CF X(

My IC viewpoint was... difficult. Lots of counter-intuitive, illogical crap from you. Guess that means you roleplayed your religion well?

But it's not like I ever meant to ruin your game experience or something.

AkresiusThu 06-Mar-14 07:43 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119678, "This is not solely in reference to Sindy"
In response to Reply #2

But there is a subset of players who do not like it when a race/class/cabal combo plays in a way contrary to what they want, i.e: a healer who tries to kill people; a tribunal who flags at the drop of a hat; an imperial who tests imperial law and doesn't get caught.

From everything I saw of Sindy, I thought she did a decent job as a Scion Healer.

Sindy (Anonymous)Thu 06-Mar-14 03:10 PM
Charter member
#119687, "+1 to Akresius"
In response to Reply #2

Flagging someone for an attack that occurred long before you woke based on the witness of an enemy cabal to me is just abuse of your powers and I have no respect for it. I apologize for losing my cool when it happened but don't expect me to like you or respect your character any longer. I have logs of the incident and you even warranted Jalrandar and he didn't even attack me. He got warranted for being attacked. There were several instances where I feel the Tribunal abused their powers when I think the cabal design is simple. If you are a magistrate you enforce the letter of the law, despite personal views. And off duty warrants to me are just out of hand. Especially when I get warranted for crimes that happened when Magistrates aren't even awake. It's one thing to be warranted by an off-duty magistrate because of witnesses, which I disagree with, but to be warranted by you for something that happened while you were logged off. Give me a break.

Einrai (Anonymous)Fri 07-Mar-14 12:26 AM
Charter member
#119695, "Did you have detect invis up?"
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Fri 07-Mar-14 12:38 AM

Cause I most certainly was logged on when two people told me "I just witnessed Sindy attack Jalrandar, then Jalrandar attack Sindy". Both were orderly and noncriminal. I chose to believe them. It made sense because Imperial Law permits retaliation.

If all is as you say, then I ####ed up real bad, but it still wasn't intentional. I apologize. We can discuss it when I am done.

Anyway, I'll miss your character.

Frijer (Anonymous)Thu 06-Mar-14 01:35 AM
Charter member
#119675, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Sindy the Suffering Heretic of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Liked you as Frijer, though I went out of town for a couple of weeks and you leveled way past me. Don't know why you caught all the flak...

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119672 Previous topic | Next topic