Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Risgran Tallhammer the Second Best..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119551
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 03-Mar-14 11:05 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119551, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Risgran Tallhammer the Second Best Drinker in Thera, Biggest Dwarf Around, Captain of the Brigade"

Mon Mar 3 09:58:46 2014

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Risgran perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:339

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply From what I saw, very well played character., Akresius, 12-Mar-14 11:45 AM, #69
Reply Thanks, Welverin, 12-Mar-14 05:24 PM, #70
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Risgran Tallhammer the Second ..., Corlx (Anonymous), 08-Mar-14 01:08 AM, #67
Reply (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Risgran Tallhammer the Second Best..., Ranzigon (Anonymous), 05-Mar-14 04:26 PM, #48
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Risgran Tallhammer the Second ..., Welverin, 05-Mar-14 06:51 PM, #51
Reply Underling?, Amatrysti (Anonymous), 05-Mar-14 06:58 PM, #53
     Reply RE: Underling?, Ranzigon (Anonymous), 06-Mar-14 02:08 PM, #65
Reply Wow, What a ride...., Welverin, 03-Mar-14 05:16 PM, #1
     Reply No mention of griefing me?, Artificial, 03-Mar-14 05:30 PM, #2
     Reply RE: No mention of griefing me?, Welverin, 03-Mar-14 05:53 PM, #3
     Reply No, it wasn't, it was you., Artificial, 03-Mar-14 06:24 PM, #4
          Reply Could have been., Welverin, 03-Mar-14 06:34 PM, #6
               Reply There was no rant, Artificial, 03-Mar-14 06:50 PM, #10
                    Reply RE: There was no rant, Welverin, 03-Mar-14 06:55 PM, #11
                         Reply Not taking sides here, Akresius, 03-Mar-14 07:14 PM, #16
                              Reply Sorry, I should have been more clear in my argument, Welverin, 03-Mar-14 07:35 PM, #19
     Reply Just having played a necro when Risgran was around., Daiyter. (Anonymous), 03-Mar-14 06:39 PM, #8
     Reply Honestly..., Welverin, 03-Mar-14 06:57 PM, #12
          Reply It was., Daiyter. (Anonymous), 03-Mar-14 07:34 PM, #18
               Reply Basically if everyone that could summon summoned my zo..., Vonzamir, 12-Mar-14 05:53 PM, #72
     Reply RE: No mention of griefing me?, Bemused, 03-Mar-14 06:57 PM, #13
     Reply Not really..., Welverin, 03-Mar-14 06:59 PM, #14
     Reply CF has a god of courage? (n/t), N b M, 03-Mar-14 07:17 PM, #17
     Reply Articial doesn't seem understand Whiysdan's religion., Tesline, 03-Mar-14 07:41 PM, #20
     Reply RE: No mention of griefing me?, Daevryn, 03-Mar-14 09:43 PM, #29
     Reply For what it's worth..., Eskelian, 03-Mar-14 10:40 PM, #34
          Reply RE: For what it's worth..., Welverin, 05-Mar-14 06:34 AM, #44
          Reply Except there wasn't any ooc, Artificial, 05-Mar-14 02:58 PM, #46
          Reply RE: Except there wasn't any ooc, Welverin, 05-Mar-14 06:47 PM, #50
          Reply I believe you., Eskelian, 06-Mar-14 08:52 AM, #64
          Reply Examine it in terms of profit and rational assessment, Vortex Magus, 07-Mar-14 08:56 PM, #66
               Reply I don't think they're so low., Eskelian, 12-Mar-14 05:40 AM, #68
                    Reply Really, this...., Welverin, 12-Mar-14 05:29 PM, #71
     Reply FWIW..., Twist, 03-Mar-14 10:02 PM, #30
          Reply RE: FWIW..., Bemused, 03-Mar-14 10:06 PM, #33
               Reply I played Tavlin. It was a couple years ago., Twist, 04-Mar-14 01:18 AM, #39
     Reply What the..., Tsunami, 03-Mar-14 06:31 PM, #5
     Reply RE: What the..., Welverin, 03-Mar-14 06:36 PM, #7
          Reply Ha, awesome., Tsunami, 03-Mar-14 06:40 PM, #9
     Reply Oh and on Call Lightning...., Welverin, 03-Mar-14 07:09 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Oh and on Call Lightning...., Daevryn, 03-Mar-14 07:42 PM, #21
          Reply RE: Oh and on Call Lightning...., Welverin, 03-Mar-14 07:49 PM, #22
               Reply Don't you hate it when they fix bugs, Bemused, 03-Mar-14 07:51 PM, #23
               Reply I can think of plenty of justifications, Welverin, 03-Mar-14 07:56 PM, #24
                    Reply Maybe this.., Tesline, 03-Mar-14 08:26 PM, #27
                         Reply RE: Maybe this.., Welverin, 03-Mar-14 08:29 PM, #28
               Reply RE: Oh and on Call Lightning...., Nythos (Anonymous), 04-Mar-14 12:53 PM, #42
                    Reply RE: Oh and on Call Lightning...., Welverin, 05-Mar-14 12:28 PM, #45
                         Reply You're crazy, Tsunami, 05-Mar-14 04:35 PM, #49
                              Reply RE: You're crazy, Welverin, 05-Mar-14 08:57 PM, #63
     Reply Hope you had fun. nt, Jalseram (Anonymous), 03-Mar-14 07:57 PM, #25
     Reply I wish things had gone differently for you, Welverin, 03-Mar-14 08:10 PM, #26
     Reply So long!, Worogha (Anonymous), 03-Mar-14 10:04 PM, #31
     Reply RE: So long!, Welverin, 05-Mar-14 07:59 PM, #60
     Reply RE: Wow, What a ride...., Jalrandar (Anonymous), 03-Mar-14 10:04 PM, #32
     Reply RE: Wow, What a ride...., Welverin, 05-Mar-14 07:58 PM, #59
     Reply R.I.P Captain., Belendithas (Anonymous), 03-Mar-14 11:07 PM, #35
     Reply RE: R.I.P Captain., Welverin, 05-Mar-14 07:56 PM, #57
     Reply I knew this was you after a fight with Dia., Tesline, 03-Mar-14 11:18 PM, #36
     Reply RE: I knew this was you after a fight with Dia., Welverin, 05-Mar-14 08:00 PM, #61
     Reply Cheers, Ranger at large (Anonymous), 04-Mar-14 12:23 AM, #37
     Reply Hee hee. No leeway to criminal goodies!, Einrai (Anonymous), 04-Mar-14 01:04 AM, #38
     Reply RE: Hee hee. No leeway to criminal goodies!, Welverin, 05-Mar-14 07:57 PM, #58
     Reply Fun fights..., Voszoad (Anonymous), 04-Mar-14 08:09 AM, #40
     Reply RE: Wow, What a ride...., Keara (Anonymous), 04-Mar-14 12:08 PM, #41
     Reply RE: Wow, What a ride...., Welverin, 05-Mar-14 08:01 PM, #62
     Reply RE: Wow, What a ride...., Whiysdan, 04-Mar-14 02:23 PM, #43
     Reply RE: Wow, What a ride...., Welverin, 05-Mar-14 07:38 PM, #56
     Reply You were a lot of fun., Deaerax (Anonymous), 05-Mar-14 03:24 PM, #47
     Reply RE: You were a lot of fun., Welverin, 05-Mar-14 07:35 PM, #
     Reply RE: You were a lot of fun., Welverin, 05-Mar-14 07:35 PM, #54
     Reply RE: Wow, What a ride...., Amatrysti (Anonymous), 05-Mar-14 06:57 PM, #52
          Reply RE: Wow, What a ride...., Welverin, 05-Mar-14 07:37 PM, #55

AkresiusWed 12-Mar-14 11:44 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119757, "From what I saw, very well played character."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 12-Mar-14 11:45 AM

Sad you deleted, but it was a good run. Someone in game had plans for you.

WelverinWed 12-Mar-14 05:24 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119758, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #69

Yeah, that was probably my only regret, not getting to finish that in game plan. To the planner, and you know who you are, sorry.

Corlx (Anonymous)Sat 08-Mar-14 01:08 AM
Charter member
#119726, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Risgran Tallhammer the Second ..."
In response to Reply #0

I honestly thought you were a dwarf! Wtf? Anyway, makes sense that I could out drink a human. Was nice having another drunken priest running around. Don't hesitate to stop by for a drink with your next!

Ranzigon (Anonymous)Wed 05-Mar-14 04:26 PM
Charter member
#119644, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Risgran Tallhammer the Second Best..."
In response to Reply #0

Well boo. I wanted to kill you. Always amused me the three on one maran tango and I would target you and you threw out the "ninja vanish!" TMNT grenade and poof were gone. I will say I was surprised how long I held out in those fights before having to evacuate myself, but it kinda rubbed me the wrong way that you always managed to escape and never returned while I would fight Graerokogar {sp"} and Amatrysti until my mana pool was completely sapped and I barely got away myself.

While I admit I don't completely know how you RP'd the character it just seemed odd that the captain would flee and leave two underlings to fight in his place without making a return.

Ah well. You saved your self. "Teh Demonsies wood haf taken yew eventually!"

GLWYN

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 06:51 PM
624 posts
#119651, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Risgran Tallhammer the Second ..."
In response to Reply #48

Thats funny, cause I can only think of a couple of times that I remember fighting you. In fact, I saw you with my current just the other day, and said, Oh, there he is, I wonder where he's been.

As to the fights. I tried with this one to not repeat Morin. I tried to know my limits. And shaman are still a bad matchup for Paladins, though a bit less so now.

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Wed 05-Mar-14 06:58 PM
Charter member
#119653, "Underling?"
In response to Reply #48

I wasn't his bloody underling!

Ranzigon (Anonymous)Thu 06-Mar-14 02:08 PM
Charter member
#119685, "RE: Underling?"
In response to Reply #53

hehehe Yew wuz, yew wuz!

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 05:16 PM
624 posts
#119559, "Wow, What a ride...."
In response to Reply #0

Man, this was awesome. Honestly I don't think I have it in me to take a character to Age Death. Some day maybe.

By far my most successful character in my own eyes. Got my virtues a bit early, Had what I think is a pretty successful PK record, and... In the end, I got a third virtue, which was a total surprise.

On the RC win. Man I was surprised there. Writing the role, it felt like something I could have a lot of fun with, but I never expected it to win. And the prizes, man I love it when the RC prizes are really geared to the Role in question. I ended up with +2 Max Con and a couple Con, the Marcher Edge, and I think Stone Armor Use. None of which was very OP, but all very very appropriate to my RC.

Got Maran about where I expect to now-a-days, around 110 hours or so. Got leadered when Dwybean stepped down, and man I wished that my plans had worked out. I had a whole thing planned out to try and teach folks how to play, but no one would step up and help out, and I know that i'm not good enough on my own to do that kind of thing. Ah well maybe I'll try again some day.

All in all, I was very happy with how this one turned out. I think I hit every spot I wanted, about the only thing I didn't come out with was the last bit of the "optimal set" for my play-style on a shiled pally, That seemed to always be tied up with Caldysias. Ah well.

Goodbyes:

First and foremost, Whiysdan, what can I say man, I am just addicted to playing your followers now. I probably should step out of my comfort zone and try someone else, but man... Every second with you is top notch. Thank you SO much for helping make this character so enjoyable.

Friends:

Deaer: Dang, I'm glad you got up into the ranks of staff hopefuls. Everything about you was awesome. You helped me step out of my over cautious shell and realize that I could still PK. I meant what I said in game when I said you helped me find my courage.

Amatrysti: Holy heck, you are one awesome healer. I know we had some bumps and scratches a couple of times, but you play a GREAT Baer healer. Something I've always wanted to try, but never gotten up the courage to. Awesomesause all the way.

Yuolud: Again, super happy you made it up to the staff. You were great to interact with and a great leader.

Viclannan: Not sure what happened to you, but I liked having you around, I got a newbie vibe from you, but it was fun having you around.

I know there were a LOT more, but right now my memory is mush.

Enemies:

Serra: Yes, you had to come first. I can't thank you enough, you taught me that how to not be a douche to my enemies. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but with our relationship, I really think it took me to a different level of RP. Thank you. I'm sorry that I missed that big deal you were planning.... Top notch, top notch

Hexugar: You grew on me. Early on I was a bit miffed. You dodged me, and dodged well, until you got to your legacies. I don't think I ever killed you, you for sure got me more than once. I learned very quickly where I could fight you and where I could not. I avoided those fights like the plague. After I wouldn't let you get me into those positions we pretty much hit a stalemate. I think there was at least a bit of respect there, there was definitely from my side. You are a beast for sure.

Vozoad: You were new to shamans I think, at least that's how it seamed. I was surprised how well I did against shamans with this one, I think having just played the Elf Shaman, I learned a bit more about how to deal with them as a paladin.

Jalrandar: Lots of fun fights, but it really became a lot like Hex, with the one incident where I over extended myself and you finally got me with Eye for an eye, I think we pretty much ended up with draws unless I could catch you fighting someone else. Man did I eat more than one UNSPEAKABLE from that darned prayer.

Quarissa: Fun to fight with you, as a note for most any one who plays a scarab from now on, you have quite possiblly the worst cabal for someone to attack against defenders. I think I can count on one hand how many times I went in after someone, only one of them ended with me "winning" but that was only sending someone running. My only critique would be you need a new line. "embrace the dark" got old after a while.

Kalam: You came to me late in life, after I got Temperance. You really didn't have much of a chance honestly after that. I never killed you, but for the most part you definitely weren't going to kill me.

I'm sure here too, that I'm forgetting some of you. It was a fun ~340 hours. See you in the fields.

ArtificialMon 03-Mar-14 05:30 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#119562, "No mention of griefing me?"
In response to Reply #1

You summoned Galfrin's army away, but when I offered to fight without it, you refused. That is pure griefing, and truly embarrassing rp for a follower of a god of courage.

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 05:49 PM
624 posts
#119563, "RE: No mention of griefing me?"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Mon 03-Mar-14 05:53 PM

Umm, You know why that happened? Please refer to your PBF, here let me copy the relevant comment:

Thu Nov 14 20:16:28 2013 by 'Akresius' at level 28 (110 hrs):
You have a great PK ratio, but do people see you as more than an arrogant scion murder necro? Tasked with issuing a challenge to his enemies without sounding like a pompous ass.

You came off as a pompus ooc jerk, and were treated accordingly.

And for the record, dude, that was a different character, get your trolling straight or STFU. I am about 85% sure, Risgran was rolled after you deleted that POC necro.

ArtificialMon 03-Mar-14 06:24 PM
1180 posts
#119564, "No, it wasn't, it was you."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Mon 03-Mar-14 06:24 PM

And we had never interacted before you summoned my mobs away, other than a single fight where you ran away in 1 round.

Lets pretend for a second I was ooc "lol brah let me pk u."

Does that make it okay for you to puss out of a fight after griefing me as a follower of a god of courage?

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 06:34 PM
624 posts
#119566, "Could have been."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Mon 03-Mar-14 06:34 PM

To be honest, I don't remember summoning your zombies on purpose, could have happened, could have been my tactic to try and weaken you first, which is viable. Then you opened your mouth...

Honestly, I play this game to have fun, After you started your rants, you made it unfun. I stopped interacting with you on any level accept the accidental. So yes, your ooc crap does make it ok for me to not fight you dufus. I had no desire to play with interact with you, much less play with you after that. You're own PBF comments from YOUR imm show you what the problem was, why do you dwell on it? Get over yourself, and go hijack someone elses death thread.

ArtificialMon 03-Mar-14 06:50 PM
1180 posts
#119570, "There was no rant"
In response to Reply #6

I don't log, but if you do, I invite you to post it.

There was no ooc. I simply said if you're going to summon away my weapons, you should be willing to fight me without them. You refused, claiming you wanted to make sure I "couldn't jump you."

Don't try to pretend it was anything other than your ####ty coward rp.

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 06:55 PM
624 posts
#119571, "RE: There was no rant"
In response to Reply #10

If it were, then why did YOUR imm log something about it in YOUR PBF? Stop being freakin delusional dude. A third party saw it, AND took the time to make the Comment in your PBF about it. I'm sure you think your crap doesn't stink, but I'm telling you, just like everyone else, it does. Now go away, and troll someone elses thread.

AkresiusMon 03-Mar-14 07:14 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119577, "Not taking sides here"
In response to Reply #11

But that comment was not made because of the scenario in question.

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 07:35 PM
624 posts
#119580, "Sorry, I should have been more clear in my argument"
In response to Reply #16

I couldn't say for sure if it was, but it does go to show a pattern. It is what it is at this point.

Daiyter. (Anonymous)Mon 03-Mar-14 06:39 PM
Charter member
#119568, "Just having played a necro when Risgran was around."
In response to Reply #2

I didn't have a single problem with him summoning my zombies away. Caldy? Every time he logged in was the first thing he did. There could of been other reasons he didn't fight..

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 06:57 PM
624 posts
#119573, "Honestly..."
In response to Reply #8

I can remember summoning your construct when you decided to camp inside the fortress after retrieving. I think I did that a couple of times, but it really took too much precious mana to summon zombies on a consistent basis. I remember that one time specifically, cause you told me to stop being an Ass, at least I think that was you.

Daiyter. (Anonymous)Mon 03-Mar-14 07:34 PM
Charter member
#119579, "It was."
In response to Reply #12

The reason people dislike that stuff is simply because it is annoying. It turns necromancers into too much work. Basically if everyone that could summon summoned my zombies/constructs. I'd of deleted. It is good RP for paladins but it hurts the old fun stick since I could only gather my amber easily with a full army.

VonzamirWed 12-Mar-14 05:53 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
#119760, " Basically if everyone that could summon summoned my zo..."
In response to Reply #18

Didn't you delete anyway?

BemusedMon 03-Mar-14 06:57 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#119574, "RE: No mention of griefing me?"
In response to Reply #2

In-PK summoning of zombies is fine by me. It's the out-of-PK summoners that I hate and think should be removed. And let's be honest; a midbie paladin has nothing on a midbie necro and I guess he knew that so avoided you.

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 06:59 PM
624 posts
#119575, "Not really..."
In response to Reply #13

I avoided him because of his nasty, crappy, RP. There were only a few that I truly think I avoided all that much.

N b MMon 03-Mar-14 07:17 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#119578, "CF has a god of courage? (n/t)"
In response to Reply #2

TeslineMon 03-Mar-14 07:41 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#119581, "Articial doesn't seem understand Whiysdan's religion."
In response to Reply #17

Whiysdan's sort of courage is the courage to be one's self. To accept your quirks no matter how strange they seem and further more to show it off. This is basic knowledge as it is in the helpfile. You could be a complete coward in the way of being terrified of combat and still hold true to his faith.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

DaevrynMon 03-Mar-14 09:43 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#119592, "RE: No mention of griefing me?"
In response to Reply #2

I hereby challenge Welverin to play a necromancer and Artificial to play a paladin.

EskelianMon 03-Mar-14 10:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
#119598, "For what it's worth..."
In response to Reply #29
Edited on Mon 03-Mar-14 10:40 PM

I have no idea why a Maran shield spec would ever turn down a fight from a necromancer unless it was in a graveyard.

Between the -60 or so saves just from class abilities, plus eyes of flames, uber tanking/dam redux and jaw break off angelswing and cure blindness and self-heals...I just never saw them as an issue...ever.

Plus this guy had an extra 2 con.

So yeah I'd probably think he was a chicken too if he wouldn't accept a challenge against a necro without zombies.

I really think that the way the paladin class is played in CF is...awful...and not in the spirit of what a paladin is supposed to be from every other fantasy context.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 06:34 AM
624 posts
#119636, "RE: For what it's worth..."
In response to Reply #34

For what its really worth, I didn't avoid necro's for the most part, even before I had Eyes(which would have been during this time) I even chased several into graveyards after eyes. I didn't accept the challenge because he was being a douche about it. As I said in previous posts, I play to have fun, if you make it unfun(via OOC crap) expect me to avoid any interaction with you.

ArtificialWed 05-Mar-14 02:58 PM
1180 posts
#119641, "Except there wasn't any ooc"
In response to Reply #44

You are just trying to use it as an excuse. The reason for the comment is that I rarely displayed any interest in anything except fighting and proving my worth in battle, so he wanted to be sure I could do more than just be a mindless killer.

I told you that if you're going to summon away my pets, you should be willing to fight me if I do not have any, and you just kept refusing, so I never spoke to you or fought again.

I also never called you out, or prayed to your imm, or outed you in my death thread. But good job trying to make me out to be the douchebag here when you clearly were.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 06:47 PM
624 posts
#119650, "RE: Except there wasn't any ooc"
In response to Reply #46

Whatever you want to think man. You came across as a pompus OOC ass, to the point I thought you were funnyone or Jerry for a while. The fact is, your RP was crap. Thats why I avoided you. period. But you can think whatever you want. I'm done with you as of now.

EskelianThu 06-Mar-14 08:52 AM
2023 posts
#119679, "I believe you."
In response to Reply #44

But even with that being true, Twist/Daevryn's comments seem to suggest it's an uphill battle which IMHO it really isn't. Other than being a CG Maran Conjie I can't possibly imagine a better setup for fighting necromancers than a shield spec paladin.

Even if he preps...so what? Short of a lucky PWK I don't see a necro ever beating me as a shield spec pally 1vs1, let alone as a Maran one with virtues.

Vortex MagusFri 07-Mar-14 08:56 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
#119716, "Examine it in terms of profit and rational assessment"
In response to Reply #34

What are the chances pally will kill prepped necromancer? Very low. Pally has no guaranteed kill situations, where necromancer has no out - the best I think you can hope for as a pally is to fight necro, spammin wrath, until defiance gets a bunch of lag progs in a row.

What are the chances necromancer can kill the pally? Decent. Blindness, sleep, forget, energy drain, scourge. Even with eyes, all you need to do is land blindness. Necromancer takes very little risk fighting pally, since pally has no half-decent way to finish him. And if he lands the right sequence of spells (admittedly, a good pally makes this somewhat difficult if he uses proper gear and tactics) then pally is in a lot of trouble.

Unless necro was planning on fighting blind and unprepped I'm not sure at all why any pally in his right mind would consider this a decent fight. Necro just needs right combo of spells to land and pally is in a lot of danger. Pally could land everything properly and I would still give necro a 99/100 chance of getting away... I would call this fight favoring necro every time in every situation.

EskelianWed 12-Mar-14 05:40 AM
2023 posts
#119756, "I don't think they're so low."
In response to Reply #66

A necromancer doesn't have as many protections as an invoker or transmuter against a paladin and they don't have the raw offensive powers that a devil conjurer has. With some timing you can make things dangerous for a necromancer very quickly. Consider that almost all lag attacks in the game, from cranial to pincer to etc are doing 2 rounds of lag...and people kill with them all the time. Permalag isn't necessary to kill someone - just a good defiance proc and some hard hitting wraths at the right time.

A necro on the other hand can't sleep me without blinding me which I can take an edge and saves to reduce chances of and cure myself...and any other recourse I can probably just flee/teleport since shield tanking is pretty godly and a necro can't do burst spell damage like an invoker or transmuter can.

Honestly the only time I think I ever died to a necromancer as a paladin was a lich who popped me with a PWK but I definitely killed a few.

WelverinWed 12-Mar-14 05:29 PM
624 posts
#119759, "Really, this...."
In response to Reply #68

I almost never feared a necro 1v1 as Risgran, especially after Eyes. Realistically, with edges, it is very hard for them to kill me pre-becomming, never had one become during this ones lifetime. Before, I struggled, yes, but I've come a ways since then. as for Artificials statement, I stand by why I avoided him after our initial interractions.

TwistMon 03-Mar-14 10:02 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#119594, "FWIW..."
In response to Reply #2

Having played both paladinguy and necroguy, I don't really see summoning zombies as griefing. It's a valid tactic, as much as driving you away from your zombies is for a warrior.

I also don't think it's a big deal for a paladin to decline a challenge from a guy who is obviously going to be prepped to the gills. "I will catch you with your guard down, fiend, and that will be the end of you."

In fact, I've used the fact that they were summoning my zombies against them in the past (specifically on one of Welverin's paladins). I knew he had to be summoning it to a room with a door (shortly after wording away from me) so I checked the areas near Voralian City. Sure enough, I found him in Tir-Talath. I don't think I killed him, but I sent him packing and he didn't try summoning my zombies for another hour.

There are a ton of ways to avoid having your zombies get summoned. Claiming that someone who summons them is "griefing" has never made a lot of sense to me.

BemusedMon 03-Mar-14 10:06 PM
665 posts
#119597, "RE: FWIW..."
In response to Reply #30

1) While not the case in this situation; bored hero summon/killing poor lowbie necro army is griefing in my book.

2) You've played a recent necro? Thought you were a serial warrior (wtf?) player nowadays.

TwistTue 04-Mar-14 01:18 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#119608, "I played Tavlin. It was a couple years ago."
In response to Reply #33

As for bored hero summon/killing poor lowbie necro army - meh. It's a thing that happens. I liken it to the hero healer that is helping out a lowbie cabalmate in PK. Sucks when it's against you, nice when it's helping you.

TsunamiMon 03-Mar-14 06:31 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#119565, "What the..."
In response to Reply #1

You were HUMAN?!

I must have seen you a bajiller times as one of my bajiller lowbies and always thought you were a dwarf. Funny how a dumb brain works sometimes. Don't know why the name says dwarf to me so loudly that it drowns out the big HUMAN right next to it.

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 06:36 PM
624 posts
#119567, "RE: What the..."
In response to Reply #5

That actually makes me happy. Cause I was going for Dwarf in a human suit. The role was all about it.

TsunamiMon 03-Mar-14 06:40 PM
1509 posts
#119569, "Ha, awesome."
In response to Reply #7

Thumbs up then I guess. Mission accomplish! Now I wish I had talked to you or something. Fort folk annoy me too much so I miss the interesting ones lately

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 07:09 PM
624 posts
#119576, "Oh and on Call Lightning...."
In response to Reply #1

Nerfing that for Paladins sucks. There is very little way for paladins to seal kills at Hero already. Taking that out of the game for just about every opponent sucked. Maybe you could tag it to the adrenaline timer? So at the very least, paladins would have a few hours to call it? I understand the frustration of the guy at the time who got the change implemented, but man it sucked having just about the only kill sealer in the bag taken away.

DaevrynMon 03-Mar-14 07:42 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#119582, "RE: Oh and on Call Lightning...."
In response to Reply #15

I have no idea what this is about.

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 07:49 PM
624 posts
#119583, "RE: Oh and on Call Lightning...."
In response to Reply #21

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=17&topic_id=20457&mesg_id=20457&page=3

This. Taking the ability to hit people with call lightning when you can't see them. So that means if I am Eyejabbed and you flee convulsing. If you flee/hide, flee/camo, dirt/flee, blind/flee(though this less to most extents) means I lost the chance to land the kill. This is HUGE for paladins. I didn't count how how many I missed after the change, but it was not an insignifcant amount. I know that at some level I've abused it in the past to know if someone was still around because of the echos, but making it last until the Adreniline timer expires would at least give the paladins back that opportunity to land a kill against someone that they can at least get to over extend just that much. I don't think this would be OP, at least not in my eyes, but it really did affect my play, expecially at hero.

BemusedMon 03-Mar-14 07:51 PM
665 posts
#119584, "Don't you hate it when they fix bugs"
In response to Reply #22

Bugs that we get accustomed to abusing. Curse them!

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 07:56 PM
624 posts
#119585, "I can think of plenty of justifications"
In response to Reply #23

To have call lightning hit when you can see esp paladins who are calling on a god to do it. One could go as far as to say that it should always hit because they are sending it from the heavens.

TeslineMon 03-Mar-14 08:26 PM
582 posts
#119588, "Maybe this.."
In response to Reply #24

They should switch call lightning for unerring smite. Seems more fitting for a paladin.

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 08:29 PM
624 posts
#119589, "RE: Maybe this.."
In response to Reply #27

Makes sense to me.

Nythos (Anonymous)Tue 04-Mar-14 12:53 PM
Charter member
#119617, "RE: Oh and on Call Lightning...."
In response to Reply #22

You are aware that this change was done to this skill as a whole, yes? So paladins, druids, rangera, and storm giants were all affected the same and this had nothing to do with paladins in particular. Few (if any?) abilities let you target an enemy you cannot see while not fightong them.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 12:28 PM
624 posts
#119637, "RE: Oh and on Call Lightning...."
In response to Reply #42

Yes I realize this, but on the whole, those other classes/races don't suffer nearly as much from lack of ability to seal kills, with the exception maybe of druids, but they at least have some lasting maladictions that can hit after a fight to drain their prey. Honestly, I would say that a good portion 25%+ of my kills as a paladin, and I've played a few, have come from call lightning as a whole. now that might be because I am horrible at chasing.... Or it might just be that I suck all together. But I think there are already plenty of ways to avoid call lightning without "fixing this".

TsunamiWed 05-Mar-14 04:35 PM
1509 posts
#119645, "You're crazy"
In response to Reply #45

Call lightning can be just as important, if not more, to a ranger trying to seal kills. Any combo that can't bearcharge/savageblow needs that sweet call lightning juice especially so.

Throw in low level PK (pre-bearcharge) and it's a necessity.

Anyway, I'm sure is a nice skill for paladins, but it is also so for rangers.

Maybe I just need to play something with a lagging option.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 08:57 PM
624 posts
#119666, "RE: You're crazy"
In response to Reply #49

I should probably play a few more rangers, but to be clear, rangers can still call lightning on other rangers in the wilds, rangers can call lightning on Hidden assassins in the wilds, rangers generally if they are doing it right and have call lightning aren't going to have a problem not seeing their target if they flee in the same manner that a paladin would. Granted blindness can play a factor here. But a bunch of ranger builds have more utility for keeping someone close in a fight. Let see, entangle, snare, waylay, savage blow, wasps... I could probably go on, but you get the point. Most paladin builds lack anything but chasing and call lightning for when a fight goes mobile. You could even argue that with Pathfinding Rangers have the leg up in chasing. I'm not saying it isn't a clutch skill for a ranger. But I am saying that it hurts them a LOT less than it hurts paladins.

Jalseram (Anonymous)Mon 03-Mar-14 07:57 PM
Charter member
#119586, "Hope you had fun. nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 08:10 PM
624 posts
#119587, "I wish things had gone differently for you"
In response to Reply #25

You were a benefit to the fortress for certain

Worogha (Anonymous)Mon 03-Mar-14 10:04 PM
Charter member
#119595, "So long!"
In response to Reply #1

I liked Risgran immensely, very fun character to be around. Good luck with the next.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 07:59 PM
624 posts
#119661, "RE: So long!"
In response to Reply #31

You were awesome too. The only regret I have on our interactions was that time I cried to you when you were fighting Dralthen on Eastern and stole your kill. I was cry happy that day or something.

Jalrandar (Anonymous)Mon 03-Mar-14 10:04 PM
Charter member
#119596, "RE: Wow, What a ride...."
In response to Reply #1

The one time I did get you, I don't think you noticed the prelate had hit healing curse and you were expecting Amatrysti to bail you out, so it really had more to do with how hurt you were when you finally bailed.

Eye for an eye is nice, but it is trickier than it looks and actually pretty hard most of the time to set up a big one.

Overall though, with your virtues I don't think you had a lot of answers for me but did a really good job of avoiding situations where I could trap you. Good fights overall.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 07:58 PM
624 posts
#119660, "RE: Wow, What a ride...."
In response to Reply #32

Yeah, shaman are still hard for me to fight without faith. But I think I did a lot better this time around just not dying to them. My previous paladins were shaman bait. You are runnin hard and doin a great job there, get that empire strong so when I come back I have people to fight.

Belendithas (Anonymous)Mon 03-Mar-14 11:07 PM
Charter member
#119601, "R.I.P Captain."
In response to Reply #1

Sad to see you go. Was a fun char to have around. How many times did you tell me to stay away because I was scaring off your prey?

Good luck with the next. Pretty sure I wont have to tell you to come back to the Fortress some day.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 07:56 PM
624 posts
#119658, "RE: R.I.P Captain."
In response to Reply #35

Heh, it was a lot, at that point it was really hard to get folks to stick around for even the first part of an engagment, For sure they weren't staying if I had someone with me... You were great to have around and a good asset to the fortress.

TeslineMon 03-Mar-14 11:18 PM
582 posts
#119602, "I knew this was you after a fight with Dia."
In response to Reply #1

BTW hated you as Dia and enjoyed you as Ulfiy. I thought you were a great Captain.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 08:00 PM
624 posts
#119662, "RE: I knew this was you after a fight with Dia."
In response to Reply #36

Thanks. Killing Dia was a surprise to me. Man I cringed everything I heard Ulify going into a fight.... but you sure bring it, and make things interesting.

Ranger at large (Anonymous)Tue 04-Mar-14 12:16 AM
Charter member
#119606, "Cheers"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 04-Mar-14 12:23 AM

Congrats on enjoyable character.
I think this is what the game should be about.

I knew nothing about you.

who pk
[Human] Biggest Dwarf, Captain

Hmm... This guy has race confusion role. Lets play along.
I hope you liked that flask I gave you.

Good luck with your next,

Deston

PS For the record...
Summoning/killing out-of-PK-range zombies/pets is BS.
In-PK pet summons should be limited to the area.

Old discussion on this:
http://forums.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?2,864382,864382

Einrai (Anonymous)Tue 04-Mar-14 01:04 AM
Charter member
#119607, "Hee hee. No leeway to criminal goodies!"
In response to Reply #1

It felt like being an ass, making you suffer with flags when we couldn't fight. Whether I was willing to hunt you down or not, bards really need people to fight back to do anything.

I'd wager it was annoying to both of us.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 07:57 PM
624 posts
#119659, "RE: Hee hee. No leeway to criminal goodies!"
In response to Reply #38

Yeah, it sure wat. This was probably my biggest regret as a character, that I was so lax with this part of the code. I should have done a lot better on that part, and it might have inspired others to act differently.

Voszoad (Anonymous)Tue 04-Mar-14 08:09 AM
Charter member
#119613, "Fun fights..."
In response to Reply #1

I was definitely new to the Shaman class and it probably showed at
times. It a class I never played in all my years and I wish I would
of played when rot was more potent. Nevertheless, it was fun facing
off with you and adding some flavor of chaos to the fort.

Great job with Risgran

Croooooaaaak!!!

Keara (Anonymous)Tue 04-Mar-14 12:08 PM
Charter member
#119616, "RE: Wow, What a ride...."
In response to Reply #1

Wonderful character, really enjoyed our interactions. Sorry if I had you the player shaking your head at my actions sometimes during pk's. But you were good about explaining what tactics should be used etc., so I appreciate that.

Good luck with the next one.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 08:01 PM
624 posts
#119663, "RE: Wow, What a ride...."
In response to Reply #41

You were fun, and I don't remember a lot of having to give directions in PK to you. Great presence.

WhiysdanTue 04-Mar-14 02:23 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#119622, "RE: Wow, What a ride...."
In response to Reply #1

Yup, great times. Congrats on a very well done character. I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 07:38 PM
624 posts
#119657, "RE: Wow, What a ride...."
In response to Reply #43

Man I love your RP, and the fun you bring. The hardest thing for me to get over is that I seem to keep bringing you back the same thing. So when I do come back, I promise to try something different.... But man, don't you ever go away.

Deaerax (Anonymous)Wed 05-Mar-14 03:24 PM
Charter member
#119642, "You were a lot of fun."
In response to Reply #1

I liked that you kept trying to talk with Deaer even as she turned into Troviallis. Thanks for the interactions. I hope whatever you roll up next is grand.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 07:35 PM
624 posts
#119654, "RE: You were a lot of fun."

I really wanted to try and go the opposite of so many of my Maran. They just saw the red aura and whamo. And Deaer had a HUGE impact on my character. I wasn't kidding when I said you helped me find my courage. It was really cool the way things went with you, added a lot of flavor.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 07:35 PM
624 posts
#119655, "RE: You were a lot of fun."
In response to Reply #47

I really wanted to try and go the opposite of so many of my Maran. They just saw the red aura and whamo. And Deaer had a HUGE impact on my character. I wasn't kidding when I said you helped me find my courage. It was really cool the way things went with you, added a lot of flavor.

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Wed 05-Mar-14 06:57 PM
Charter member
#119652, "RE: Wow, What a ride...."
In response to Reply #1

A lot of fun running around with you. Great char and seemed to be a heck of a back story. Well played! I admit, I didn't expect you to delete out of the blue like that. Was looking forward to mixing it up with you when I return from vacationing in Germany.

WelverinWed 05-Mar-14 07:37 PM
624 posts
#119656, "RE: Wow, What a ride...."
In response to Reply #52

It was just time. I was really happy with everything about this character for teh most part. I made a few mistakes, stole a few kills I shouldn't have(*Cough* worogha) but all in all It was in my eyes, the most succesful character I've had, in no small part to all my "underlings" HEH. It really was the people I interracted with that made the character that much more fun. with a few notable exceptions.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119551 Previous topic | Next topic