Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Virtue..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119500
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 28-Feb-14 10:04 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119500, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Virtues, Courageous Priestess of the Jaguar"

Fri Feb 28 08:56:12 2014

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Haidaar perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:112

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..., Dalayr, 02-Mar-14 11:50 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..., Belendithas (Anonymous), 03-Mar-14 12:10 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..., Dalayr, 03-Mar-14 01:02 AM, #3
          Reply Go Scion or Village next time., Tesline, 03-Mar-14 09:53 AM, #5
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..., Welverin, 03-Mar-14 10:58 AM, #6
               Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..., Drogtar (Anonymous), 03-Mar-14 02:51 PM, #7
               Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..., Welverin, 03-Mar-14 03:59 PM, #8
               Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..., Dalayr, 03-Mar-14 11:30 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..., Drogtar (Anonymous), 03-Mar-14 04:54 AM, #4
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..., Keara (Anonymous), 07-Mar-14 11:21 PM, #10

DalayrSun 02-Mar-14 11:43 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2003
32 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119543, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 02-Mar-14 11:50 PM

It came down to my char, and maybe just my playstyle, not fitting in with Fortress. Throughout this char's life he saw hordes of Fortress go out hunting single foe... others asking for healing and pempering all the time as they chased a single foe, or just wanted nice equipment. And pretty much everyone in the Fortress was ok with that... seemingly including the IMMs. This also resulted in me trying to compensate at my end and taking on, or staying in fights, that I should not have. My PK record was probably like 5 - 50. I hardly ever retreated, Aristeaia (sp) was my favourite commune

A quick goodbye note.

Firstly, thanks for the empowerment and title Baerinika. They were one of the very few things I enjoyed with this char. Again, I always had to login at odd hours for me to interact with you a bit... guess I should just stay away from empowerment chars as none of the wizlist times match up to mine at all. outside of PK though I enjoyed the company of Keara, Belenthias (sp), Baelen, and Andira.

Fortress: Liked very few of you because of the reasons given above. Nothing personal of course, so won't name any names. You are probably just playing Fortress chars the way they should be played.

Enemies:
Halifa, Drogtar, Mirozah, Rahzeez, Oloice,.... forgetting a whole bunch... Haidaar actually respected you all more than her own cabal-mates... that really says it all. I hope you all saw that this char was different from most of the rest of the cabal. And I am sure you appreciated the additions to your PK ratio

Well, thanks for the fun all. Off to the next.

Belendithas (Anonymous)Mon 03-Mar-14 12:10 AM
Charter member
#119544, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your stay in the Fortress much. Personally I havent seen a lot of the Fortress hordes(unless you count 2-man teams against similar odds) out hunting just to get some kills. The times I group up with others we are in some kind of raid/retrieve/defend situation or out exploring/killing dragons.

Give it time and come back to try another. Perhaps it will be a better time for your playstyle but until then; Good Luck with whatever comes next.

DalayrMon 03-Mar-14 01:02 AM
32 posts
#119545, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #2

I count 2-man team going out to hunt a single foe as a horde yes. I am not referring to foe who indeed require more force... e.g. mummy etc.

Generally you were never part of such PK, that's why Haidaar liked you

TeslineMon 03-Mar-14 09:53 AM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#119549, "Go Scion or Village next time."
In response to Reply #3

You will get a lot of 1v1 1v2 1v3 1v4+. If you are skilled or just happen to be fighting enemies that are weak to your build you will also win the fights. I still feel bad I killed you linkdead as Dia. Don't know if I interacted with you as Ulfiy.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 10:58 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
#119550, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #3

You have an inflated sense of what a horde is..... Just sayin. I agree, there is a lack of self reliance sometimes in the fortress.... But given that a lot of newbies come to fort, I'd say thats a definite factor. As a leader who just deleted, I can say that I did see some things that made me shake my head, and in some cases, I participated in a good number of 2v1s. But I was also on the other side of those 2v1s quite a bit. For the record, 2v1 is not a horde, nor a gank. Even if its most likely going to kill you because you have someone like a muter, or trip/bash combo. It's part of the game.

Drogtar (Anonymous)Mon 03-Mar-14 02:51 PM
Charter member
#119555, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #6

2 vs 1 is fine. There was a period of about about 2-3 weeks during evening hours EST/CST that fort was typically rolling with a paladin or two, one or two healers, a warrior, maybe a bard or a conjie, and normally a gnome shifter or two for good measure. This has ended now, but was prevalent when Haidaar hit hero ranks so I am guessing made them fairly jaded early on.

I agree with you 2 vs 1 is not a horde by the way and I would say even 3 vs 1 is ok (although 2 vs 1 is actually more effective). When you get into the 4-8 range all after the same person, it starts getting a bit overwhelming.

WelverinMon 03-Mar-14 03:59 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
#119556, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #7

I agree, for the most part I don't play in the evenings so I didn't see that too much. Though I did hear of it. I was merely responding to his point that 2v1 isn't a gang. Now there are some 2v1 matchup that I for sure would avoid. A shaman with someone who can bash, for instance, I would generally avoid that one. Or muters with neuro if I don't have enough svp.

DalayrMon 03-Mar-14 11:30 PM
32 posts
#119604, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #6

Agreed, a bad choice of word on my part. Again, my char's philosophy was that Fortress folk, specially maran, should lead by example and if they need a buddy to come along to defeat a singular foe, this was not ok at all. As you said, maybe it is because a proportionately larger Fortress population is of newbies... i don't know. Also, I am sure part of it was just what went on while I was normally logging on rather than what was the norm.

I would suggest changing Cry to only be useable on your cabalmates that have not initiated an attack.. or some such mechanism. I witnessed significant "abuse" of that. I would have thought it is in spirit meant for aiding someone in need, rather than baiting and surprising a foe.

In any case, these are purely my feelings and as I said, it is probably just that the mentality is a bad fit for my own playstyle.

Drogtar (Anonymous)Mon 03-Mar-14 04:54 AM
Charter member
#119546, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #1

It was refreshing to get a solo fight with you at a time when a fight with fort usually meant a fight against five or six (there were a few others who tried to fight alone as well) and I went out of my way to post our last fight just to show there were some fort members during that period willing to mix it up alone. From what I saw, they times numbers were against fort, you hung in there as well.

However from my current, it doesn't seem like fort is able to mass now like they were a month or so ago. The pendulum doesn't seem to have really swung anywhere, it is just kinda spinning around in a circle.

Keara (Anonymous)Fri 07-Mar-14 11:21 PM
Charter member
#119721, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Haidaar the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #1

What a bummer, I really enjoyed talking to and running around with you, even if it was somewhat limited. Initially I thought you'd be a personality I wouldn't mesh with, but that changed very quickly. I seem to recall a big talk or two that we had about things, and I came away impressed. And I never found issue with your views of Maranhood vs what other people were doing.

And as I believe Welverin said, the 2-1 really does go both ways an awful lot. My playtimes allowed me to witness 2-3 Scions on at once on numerous occasions, and I've had 3 Scarabites whip on me at once. And I've seen the rise and fall of the Empire multiple times over this past bit. The pendulum is always moving, sometimes it just slows down a lot.

Good luck with your next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119500 Previous topic | Next topic