Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Aaqren Stonebender the Legend of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119460
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 26-Feb-14 06:15 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119460, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Aaqren Stonebender the Legend of the Battlefield"

Wed Feb 26 17:07:10 2014

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Aaqren perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:288

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thoughts, Aaqren (Anonymous), 26-Feb-14 06:58 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Thoughts, Ishuntal (Anonymous), 26-Feb-14 08:46 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Thoughts, Quixotic, 27-Feb-14 07:39 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Thoughts, Crraya (Anonymous), 26-Feb-14 09:17 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Thoughts, Quixotic, 27-Feb-14 07:33 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Thoughts, Yegrut (Anonymous), 27-Feb-14 10:10 AM, #4
     Reply I actually would go into areas where I knew you were at, Quixotic, 27-Feb-14 07:25 PM, #8
     Reply Tell me.., Klibendon (Anonymous), 27-Feb-14 02:33 PM, #5
     Reply I saw him blow it all on booze and hookers. Swear. nt, Ishuntal (Anonymous), 27-Feb-14 05:51 PM, #6
     Reply I deleted with it in the bank., Quixotic, 27-Feb-14 07:18 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Thoughts, Daevryn, 27-Feb-14 09:46 PM, #11

Aaqren (Anonymous)Wed 26-Feb-14 06:58 PM
Charter member
#119461, "Thoughts"
In response to Reply #0

I had a lot of fun with this character. Daevryn's religion kept me formulating new goals, which I feel is essential for a long-lived character, and my enemies were as civil in defeat and victory as I could have hoped. Logins at the end had become unfun as I was the only villager on against the GSB (Greater Scion Battalion, which includes Orcs, Scions, Scarabs, and Nexus).

My build was an experiment in that I had never played a dwarf scout or a mace spec. Dwarf scouts are great against mages, but I could not make them work against Oloice, and for the last umpteen logins, my only matchup was one I was not going to win. 70 damroll and Fires/whispers was not enough for me to match that classy orc, although I'm sure some other dwarf scout will do better against him. I did well enough against non-Striking warriors (+17 str +12 dex gear helps), but Striking on even a gnome is a great deal better than Fires on a dwarf.

I achieved everything I had hoped to other than earn a leadership spot, but I suspected that I maintained my normal login schedule I would age die about 3 real life years before our current mortal leadership. Crraya and Hexugar are both far more effective in PK than Aaqren, so I didn't have an IC gripe beyond their availability.

Thanks for the role awards. They were absolutely worthless against Oloice, but they might have been useful against a mage. I wouldn't say they are as good as a shapeshifter form or special conjurer pets, but they fit my character's role well.

Thanks to you all

Attachment #1, ( file)
Attachment #2, ( file)

Ishuntal (Anonymous)Wed 26-Feb-14 08:46 PM
Charter member
#119463, "RE: Thoughts"
In response to Reply #1

Our chars kind of grew up together. I remember it being Christmas night or thereabouts and we were ranking up in Velkyn Oloth and I kept dying to the guards. That sucked!

Orcs are hard for most villagers. It's part of the reason why they fight Villagers in the first place, so I wouldn't take that too hard.

Well done with Aaqren. I'm sure getting Daevryn's tattoo was neat. It's certainly an accomplishment in my eyes as you don't see many with it. Good luck with your next.

QuixoticThu 27-Feb-14 07:39 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119479, "RE: Thoughts"
In response to Reply #2

That was a blast--we were tearing up the guards in Arangird that night.

As for orcs, I've been playing the game long enough to know that some things you just aren't going to have an answer to. Oloice was the major reason I took the legacies I did--I had hoped fires/whispers would give me some counter to orc offense and spinebreaker, but it wasn't nearly enough.

(Originally I was going to model myself as the dwarf version of Taerg, but at hero it was very rare to fight a mage, and Oloice and nexus warriors pushed me to rethink my legacy choices.)

Crraya (Anonymous)Wed 26-Feb-14 09:17 PM
Charter member
#119464, "RE: Thoughts"
In response to Reply #1

I loved running around with you when our times matched up, and I'm sorry I haven't been able to log in as often I did a month ago... but I'm still on just about every day for at least an hour or so.

Either way - I thought you were a good villager... and fighting Oloice just isn't fun for most of us. At least he doesn't taunt us as relentlessly as Ruk did!

GLWYN

QuixoticThu 27-Feb-14 07:33 PM
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119478, "RE: Thoughts"
In response to Reply #3

As a player I can't complain about your login times. We all have different login schedules, and not everyone goes the obsessive-compulsive route with 200 hours in a 1 month period that some of us are prone to do. I'm that way--if I get into something, I might do something like read the 5 Game of Thrones novels in a 2 week period when I should have deleted Aaqren and created something new.

As a character, however, Aaqren was pissy that he didn't see his fearless leader awake to battle and bleed with the rest of the village, and as he wanted a leadership position, he would have preferred for you and Hex to have spent much more time bleeding.

Kick some ass, and we'll see you in the fields.

Yegrut (Anonymous)Thu 27-Feb-14 10:10 AM
Charter member
#119472, "RE: Thoughts"
In response to Reply #1

We never interacted much but I did keep a wary eye on you over the years and believe if not for your obvious hatred of magic could have been cool. You were my very first PK with this character and I felt bad but I did warn you to stay away At any rate It always made me feel good that I never had to fight you again and I was able to just watch ye from a distance (you wouldnt know how many times I was right there duoed next to you)

QuixoticThu 27-Feb-14 07:25 PM
837 posts
#119477, "I actually would go into areas where I knew you were at"
In response to Reply #4

looking to see if you would engage Aaqren. I enjoyed Yegrut, aside from dying to your quickened assassin friends, and I appreciated your willingness to converse even though Aaqren was obviously hostile.

Klibendon (Anonymous)Thu 27-Feb-14 02:33 PM
Charter member
#119473, "Tell me.."
In response to Reply #1

Did you put the money I gave you to good use, or did you waste it? I saved that stuff up from countless magi for the purpose we discussed and I'm just hoping you didn't leave it in the bank when you deleted.

Ishuntal (Anonymous)Thu 27-Feb-14 05:51 PM
Charter member
#119474, "I saw him blow it all on booze and hookers. Swear. nt"
In response to Reply #5

NT

QuixoticThu 27-Feb-14 07:18 PM
837 posts
#119475, "I deleted with it in the bank."
In response to Reply #5

I prayed about ten times over two weeks for a battle imm, then I talked to Hexugar about it, and he shat all over the idea. As I didn't carry more than ten gold at a time, I believe Aaqren had about 1200 in the bank when he deleted.

DaevrynThu 27-Feb-14 09:46 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119481, "RE: Thoughts"
In response to Reply #1

I hope you had fun. The thing that really won me over about Aaqren is that whenever I randomly peeked in on you, you were always putting a lot of effort into RP.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119460 Previous topic | Next topic