Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Rauvmice Auvryt'tar the Lady of the Apoca..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119412
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 17-Feb-14 05:55 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119412, "(AUTO) [None] Rauvmice Auvryt'tar the Lady of the Apocalypse, Anathema to the Empire"

Mon Feb 17 16:47:26 2014

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Rauvmice perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:anti-paladin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:87

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AUTO) [None] Rauvmice Auvryt'tar the Lady of the A..., Daevryn, 17-Feb-14 07:01 PM, #1
     Reply Ugh., Artificial, 17-Feb-14 11:15 PM, #2
          Reply I'm saying ugh too, TJHuron, 18-Feb-14 08:59 AM, #3
          Reply Amazes me, incognito, 22-Feb-14 05:16 PM, #4
               Reply Because having barrier available can be taken for grant..., KaguMaru, 22-Feb-14 06:25 PM, #5
                    Reply Realistically you're right., wareagle, 22-Feb-14 06:41 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: Because having barrier available can be taken for g..., incognito, 01-Mar-14 04:42 AM, #7

DaevrynMon 17-Feb-14 07:01 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119413, "RE: (AUTO) [None] Rauvmice Auvryt'tar the Lady of the A..."
In response to Reply #0

I gave you a decent role contest runner up prize and as far as I know you never logged on to find out. Sadface.

ArtificialMon 17-Feb-14 11:15 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#119415, "Ugh."
In response to Reply #1

I loved the role, loved Dest, but the char itself was just misery to play. I made some bad edge choices despite having a ton of imm exp. If I do another AP it wont be a drow.

TJHuronTue 18-Feb-14 08:59 AM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119417, "I'm saying ugh too"
In response to Reply #2

I think in all the years I've been playing CF I've gotten 3 honorable mentions in role contests and have entered more than I can count.

To win one and not even log in to see it just seems unthinkable to me.

incognitoSat 22-Feb-14 05:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119436, "Amazes me"
In response to Reply #2

To me, Drow is the optimum race.

Fire is easier to get charges but run into a tough foe with a chase trigger that you weren't already aware of and you can be screwed fast.

Drow's greater spell effectiveness, permasneak and ability to negate vuln and weak melee with charges, plus better edge selection, just makes them impossible to better IMHO.

If you know what you're doing you will potentially never die and if you have barrier readily available sub 40 you'll find it easy to charge up

KaguMaruSat 22-Feb-14 06:25 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#119437, "Because having barrier available can be taken for grant..."
In response to Reply #4

Excuse me, having barrier available sub 40 can be taken for granted.

I'm very much of the opinion that human/halfie is the best and drow is challenge mode on top of the inherent challenge mode of playing an A-P.

Yes I'd rather be a level 51 drow with 100 charges than a level 51 human with 100 charges, but not as much as I'd rather be a level 36 human with 10 charges than a level 36 drow with 10 charges. I'd probably take the human at level 51 if both chars suffered a single gank/badly times internet hiccup and lost the weapon.

wareagleSat 22-Feb-14 06:41 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119438, "Realistically you're right."
In response to Reply #5

But he's on an above average level in terms of the game PKwise, so if you're in that category you pick anything over human/half tbh.

But yes normally like you said you're better off with the human, not sure about halfies because of half vulns or whatever.

To play an AP the way he says you have to be more above average than other classes. So say you have to be a 60 percent above PKer as a warrior you'd have to be like 80 percent above PKer as an AP, because that weapon defines you.

Torak's been saying forever about felar being the best at hero. We still haven't seen one because the few guys that can do that have picked other races to dominate.

incognitoSat 01-Mar-14 04:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119527, "RE: Because having barrier available can be taken for g..."
In response to Reply #5

My point about barrier was not that it is required to play Drow ap sub 40. barrier makes it v easy.

You can do just fine without it if you are prepared to ambush rather than go toe to toe.

I know barrier is not a given. I've played one ap that used maybe 2 charges in his life and another that used limited sources only because I couldn't get my sleek black without expending several hours real time, over 100 gold, and risking death to mob and potentially PC.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119412 Previous topic | Next topic