Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Haustr ColdHearth the Long Arm of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119339
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 08-Feb-14 08:40 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119339, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Haustr ColdHearth the Long Arm of the Law, Provost Magistrate"

Sat Feb 8 19:33:43 2014

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Haustr perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:306

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Probably should have just deleted in January, Twist, 08-Feb-14 09:00 PM, #2
Reply RE: Probably should have just deleted in January, Umiron, 08-Feb-14 10:56 PM, #3
Reply RE: Probably should have just deleted in January, Twist, 15-Feb-14 12:37 AM, #14
Reply RE: Probably should have just deleted in January, Dheneb (Anonymous), 08-Feb-14 11:04 PM, #4
Reply RE: Probably should have just deleted in January, Twist, 15-Feb-14 12:38 AM, #15
     Reply Cosign , kolb, 15-Feb-14 11:43 AM, #23
     Reply RE: Probably should have just deleted in January, stlucian1992, 15-Feb-14 03:30 PM, #24
Reply It was fun fighting you the past few days..., Crraya (Anonymous), 08-Feb-14 11:38 PM, #5
Reply I wouldn't say "saving my butt", Twist, 15-Feb-14 12:39 AM, #16
Reply I was surprised at how i was able to retrieve against y..., CD - Cavani (Anonymous), 09-Feb-14 12:52 AM, #6
Reply Not sure why you'd be surprised..., Twist, 15-Feb-14 12:40 AM, #17
     Reply It's harder than you think., CD, 15-Feb-14 08:35 PM, #25
          Reply Voszoad, kolb, 15-Feb-14 09:08 PM, #26
          Reply RE: Voszoad, CD, 15-Feb-14 10:07 PM, #27
          Reply Defensive, Twist, 15-Feb-14 10:35 PM, #28
Reply I liked Haustr a lot, Einrai (Anonymous), 09-Feb-14 08:09 AM, #7
Reply It figures....., Voszoad (Anonymous), 09-Feb-14 08:43 AM, #8
Reply Great fights, Halifan (Anonymous), 09-Feb-14 10:52 AM, #9
Reply RE: Great fights, Twist, 15-Feb-14 12:49 AM, #18
Reply Enjoyed Haustr, Dwunot (Anonymous), 10-Feb-14 08:36 AM, #10
Reply RE: Enjoyed Haustr, Twist, 15-Feb-14 12:51 AM, #19
Reply Thanks!, Skjolfe (Anonymous), 11-Feb-14 02:11 AM, #11
Reply RE: Thanks!, Twist, 15-Feb-14 12:52 AM, #20
Reply RE: Probably should have just deleted in January, Faenral (Anonymous), 12-Feb-14 05:55 AM, #12
Reply I was dismayed when you went Fort, Twist, 15-Feb-14 12:53 AM, #21
Reply I had a lot of fun with you., Mirozah (Anonymous), 14-Feb-14 02:37 PM, #13
     Reply I think you might be mis-remembering, Twist, 15-Feb-14 12:59 AM, #22
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Haustr ColdHearth the Long Arm..., Marlukan (Anonymous), 08-Feb-14 08:49 PM, #1

TwistSat 08-Feb-14 09:00 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119341, "Probably should have just deleted in January"
In response to Reply #0

I met my goals with this one. One was to be Provost. The other was to be less whiny about losing gear. That second one took a while but watching Halifan sac Humansunder after he got me and managing to hold my tongue - I consider that a victory.

Unfortunately, I'd lost interest in the character about a week before Nopilopil stepped down. I thought/hoped that if I got Provost, my interest would return. It did for a little bit, but I didn't think it was fair that I was playing 1-2 hours a day while there were other worthwhile candidates (Keriel, Alicade, Einrai) who were putting in more time than me.

I oculd have stepped down, but that wouldn't have fixed the fact that the char had gotten stale for me. Even playing those 1-2 hours a day was job-like. Had been for a month. I kept telling myself things like "So much time spent perfecting skills! Great set of EQ! Who deletes with manacles, entwine, the ability to see everyone in your pk range, and lieutenants that follow you wherever you go?"

Me, apparently.

On a side note - if you ever heard Haustr complaining about the gods (I did some earlier today, even), it was always IC. If someone gets the PBF you can read the role and see why. I tried to throw hints at his past without roleplaying AT people.

Also, for Kjolbin - My annoyance with you over the complaints about you was also completely IC. Haustr just wanted to do his job, and even if you weren't in the WRONG (you weren't), the simple fact that he was being pestered about it made it enough for him to yell at you a bit. Think "angry police chief" in the Lethal Weapon-style movies. Your claim that I knew those guys OOC is just silly. I didn't even do anything to you (couldn't, really, as Justiciar, other than yell) - Justiciar can't induct.

So, goodbyes:

Umiron: Thanks for the shot at Provost. I was surprised nobody had actively told you that they wanted it aside from me. If Haustr's role had allowed him to approach gods (from a religious angle) I'd have definitely come to visit you at your shrine and maybe seek your tattoo.

Other Imms: Thanks for everything, those who read my role entries and stuff.

Allies:

Alicade - We made a hell of a team. Unfortunately my waning interest made it so we saw less and less of each other.

Keriel - I feel worst about you. You should probably have gotten Provost.

Einrai - You're a super-competent ally and it was fun watching you school the ragers when I was a lowbie.

Nopilopil - Thanks for everything, the inductions and promotions and stuff.

Oloice - Man, when I made the decision "Yeah, let's help low-level orc who looks like he's got no friends." I didn't think I'd be helping the future Chieftain and gaining a rock-solid ally. I mean. Orc! But the whole "Respecting strength" thing really worked out. Helping you get Chieftain didn't hurt, either. Keep rocking.

Other Tribs - I'm sorry I'm not enumerating you all here, but the above folks are the ones I hung around with the most.

Enemies:

Lots of you. Standouts:

Halifan - nice job on that last kill. You were a pain.
Foedett - glad I didn't sac all your traps. Sorely tempted to though.
Mirozah - I went and grabbed a helm of freedom purely due to you. Once I had it, you weren't really terribly scary anymore. I knew I was unlikely to kill you alone, but the same went the other way, especially once I had Justiciar powers.
Voszoad - a pleasure fighting you. Shamans didn't really have much they could do to Haustr, most of the time, so I figured it must be frustrating for you, but you never let it show. Nice work.

Plenty of other enemies, allies, semi-friends, and so on, but this is getting long as-is. One final thing is about Trib powers.

I think the fact that I had Maelstrom of the Veils as a legacy made a lot of people (esp. Outlanders) assume I could see camo/chameleon outside Protected areas. I couldn't. Provost and Justiciar's vigilance allows for detect invis and detect hidden outside protected (not sure about vindi, but I assume so). Justiciar's vigilance also allowed me to see sneaking people arrive and leave. So no more worrying about Mirozah being duoed and following me, waiting until I was hurt.

Justi an Provost vigilance DOES show them camo/chameleoned people on who if they are in a protected city.

So yeah, good times, thanks everyone!

UmironSat 08-Feb-14 10:56 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119342, "RE: Probably should have just deleted in January"
In response to Reply #2

Haustr was another one of those reliable Tribunals who a guy could rely on to make it happen. He was also probably one of the more deathful Justiciars I can remember, though you didn't strike me as too aggressive so much as just brutally effective when it came to raiding/retrieving and defending yourself. I didn't actually watch first hand all that much though.

Based on his role, I had a fairly persistent, nagging suspicion that Haustr might have eventually done something unexpected or that would otherwise shake things up, but evidently that wasn't the case.

Anyways, nicely done as usual.

TwistSat 15-Feb-14 12:37 AM
3431 posts
#119386, "RE: Probably should have just deleted in January"
In response to Reply #3

>Haustr was another one of those reliable Tribunals who a guy
>could rely on to make it happen. He was also probably one of
>the more deathful Justiciars I can remember, though you didn't
>strike me as too aggressive so much as just brutally effective
>when it came to raiding/retrieving and defending yourself. I
>didn't actually watch first hand all that much though.
>
>Based on his role, I had a fairly persistent, nagging
>suspicion that Haustr might have eventually done something
>unexpected or that would otherwise shake things up, but
>evidently that wasn't the case.

I was tempted, the night I deleted. I knew I was going to delete, so I thought maybe if the opportunity presented itself to do something really stupid that would ruin his Tribunal career, that it might be interesting.

But then I decided it would take too long to play out, and I was wanting to delete pretty quick-like.

Dheneb (Anonymous)Sat 08-Feb-14 11:04 PM
Charter member
#119343, "RE: Probably should have just deleted in January"
In response to Reply #2

Your next character will be evil and you will return to the Spire. That is all.

TwistSat 15-Feb-14 12:38 AM
3431 posts
#119387, "RE: Probably should have just deleted in January"
In response to Reply #4

Heh, no.

It'll be a long while until I play Trib again, I think.

kolbSat 15-Feb-14 11:43 AM
Member since 16th Jul 2007
76 posts
#119395, "Cosign "
In response to Reply #15

Long lived tribs will take something out of you.

stlucian1992Sat 15-Feb-14 03:30 PM
Member since 22nd Dec 2006
170 posts
#119396, "RE: Probably should have just deleted in January"
In response to Reply #15

Bring your loving to the nexus!

Crraya (Anonymous)Sat 08-Feb-14 11:38 PM
Charter member
#119344, "It was fun fighting you the past few days..."
In response to Reply #2

... though the Orc saving your butt the other night was a pain.

GLWLN

TwistSat 15-Feb-14 12:39 AM
3431 posts
#119388, "I wouldn't say "saving my butt""
In response to Reply #5

I was long gone from any intention to fight you - just stringing you along, letting my guards beat on you, hoping Oloice would come along and be able to finish.

But yeah, fighting you was ow.

CD - Cavani (Anonymous)Sun 09-Feb-14 12:52 AM
Charter member
#119345, "I was surprised at how i was able to retrieve against y..."
In response to Reply #2

nt

TwistSat 15-Feb-14 12:40 AM
3431 posts
#119389, "Not sure why you'd be surprised..."
In response to Reply #6

Running in, spamming damage until you were too badly hurt, then wording wasn't really something that Bulette and a guy with 87% lash were going to stop.

CDSat 15-Feb-14 08:35 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
#119398, "It's harder than you think."
In response to Reply #17

You come off defensive.

I was surprised at the close calls and how I could do it with my path combination. That was the point of my post. sicken allowed me to always do damage, even when i couldnt get attack. Not sure how far disorient went. And i had huge dam redux with my paths which really helped for 4xlieutenants. Most people would die in such situations.

Tell me, how often did vozoad or another shaman relentlessly retrieve against you two solo? Add in Keriel at times as well.

kolbSat 15-Feb-14 09:08 PM
Member since 16th Jul 2007
76 posts
#119399, "Voszoad"
In response to Reply #25

He like Cavani was one who always came to retrieve no matter the odds. Though after you retrieved that time, I made sure to always have a means of cursing someone and Voszoad caught the brunt of that. Cursed and entwined against my dam redux and 4 lieutenants, now that was sick.

CDSat 15-Feb-14 10:07 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
#119400, "RE: Voszoad"
In response to Reply #26

Well, i also had resist physical. And enhanced resist physical until, ironically, Twist jumped on the questionable(as he claimed - yet did not at all refrain from) ruling of assaulting me with his imperial in Galadon with unprompted.

But yes, having curse might have helped you out. I think i retrieved 3 times before deleting as I was just bored and dying to Ankrahns whip which seemed to prog everything in the first 2 rounds.

TwistSat 15-Feb-14 10:35 PM
3431 posts
#119401, "Defensive"
In response to Reply #25

Meh, not so much defensive. I just thought your original post seemed rather self-congratulatory. Maybe I was over-interpreting.

There were some close calls, that's for sure. My point was just that we didn't really have much in the way of lagging options, and since you weren't ever WANTED, manacles+entwine wasn't an option.

Props on the dedication to retrieve though.

As to Voszoad (I can't think of any other shamen), he tried probably harder than you. But he was also WANTED frequently, so usually he'd already eaten one death trying, then returned and kept at it until he retrieved. Or, if we got lucky and cursed him and entwined him, and he ate a second death (or first if he wasn't already WANTED), there were times when he'd go elsewhere and bide his time.

Einrai (Anonymous)Sun 09-Feb-14 08:09 AM
Charter member
#119347, "I liked Haustr a lot"
In response to Reply #2

Will echo Umiron on the PK part, and as for RP, you sported some nice attention to detail, which is a rare quality. Essentially there were a lot of little things that made working with Haustr an enjoyable experience.

I admit I was a little jealous of your Tribunal career, but your quality as an ally far outweighed that.

Thanks for the praise; coming from Twist, that's invaluable.

Voszoad (Anonymous)Sun 09-Feb-14 08:43 AM
Charter member
#119348, "It figures....."
In response to Reply #2

Talk about coming full circle and bad karma. Here I was again facing another Twist character in Tribunal. Not that it's a bad thing! I really liked Haustr and yes it was frustrating because I felt like I was fighting a brick wall. Needless to say it was fun and I enjoyed our banter back and forth. Awesome build and I figured it you had maelstrom at point when you came looking for me at the fort. Also... I so loathe eyejab now. However, used right, I can see how valuable it is for retrieving against some classes. Awesome character all around.

Crooooaaak!

Halifan (Anonymous)Sun 09-Feb-14 10:52 AM
Charter member
#119350, "Great fights"
In response to Reply #2

Great char, very 'by the book' and knew his stuff when it came to PK. If someone would have told me when I rolled Halifan that my hardest fights by far would be with Tribunals, I would never have believed it.

You did seem fairly conservative in that you would stay within the cities 99% of the time, but I suppose that's the life of a Tribunal. You usually had my number when we fought, you knew how to prep, when to run, where to hide, and how to whittle me down far better than I you.

Our last fight was supremely rewarding to me, and sacrificing your sword was a bit regretful after the fact for me but is a testament to the fear I had in facing you. In all of Halifan's life, you are the only character to have a weapon or item actively destroyed. In general, I knew you would be a tough fight whenever you were on, and you were.

Glad you're still rolling up great characters. How about another Tavlin?

TwistSat 15-Feb-14 12:49 AM
3431 posts
#119390, "RE: Great fights"
In response to Reply #9

>Great char, very 'by the book' and knew his stuff when it
>came to PK. If someone would have told me when I rolled
>Halifan that my hardest fights by far would be with Tribunals,
>I would never have believed it.

You had a lot of tricks up your sleeve, but a lot of them were the same tricks I'd used as Tavlin and others (dispelling passdoor in the locked room, for instance). I'd not have been able to deal with them if not for Nopilopil (and later Alicade) loading me up with orbs of travel and such, though!

>You did seem fairly conservative in that you would stay within
>the cities 99% of the time, but I suppose that's the life of a
>Tribunal. You usually had my number when we fought, you knew
>how to prep, when to run, where to hide, and how to whittle me
>down far better than I you.

Well, keep in mind that on Eastern Road, any Trib warrior is essentially an uncaballed warrior (until you get Vindicator or Provost, that is). Justiciar Badge grants damage reduction, but only in a protected area. Guards don't follow you outside the city, no manacles or anything...

So yeah, I tried to only fight you in cities or when the odds were with me.

>Our last fight was supremely rewarding to me, and sacrificing
>your sword was a bit regretful after the fact for me but is a
>testament to the fear I had in facing you. In all of
>Halifan's life, you are the only character to have a weapon or
>item actively destroyed. In general, I knew you would be a
>tough fight whenever you were on, and you were.

If I hadn't already been giving serious thought to deletion, I likely would have played it much safer during that fight. I had two teleport potions in my inventory, but I kept trying to call the conscription on you. Nice kill though! As for the saccing? Meh. I've been in those same shoes. Sometimes I've sacced the item, sometimes not. Definitely nothing for you to feel bad about though.

>Glad you're still rolling up great characters. How about
>another Tavlin?

I'll get right on that. Scion here I come. Perma? Gorpu?

Dwunot (Anonymous)Mon 10-Feb-14 08:36 AM
Charter member
#119357, "Enjoyed Haustr"
In response to Reply #2

I think I got paid 7 coppers for going after you in Galadon the only time I got you. If I thought Twist was playing Haustr, I probably would have charged 9.

Glad you remained open to my silly RP even after that, cause I really wanted no part of fighting you ever again. I believe you were one of the first people I inducted into the Silverwood kingdom too, mostly in an effort to try and make you not want to kill me.

TwistSat 15-Feb-14 12:51 AM
3431 posts
#119391, "RE: Enjoyed Haustr"
In response to Reply #10

>I think I got paid 7 coppers for going after you in Galadon
>the only time I got you. If I thought Twist was playing
>Haustr, I probably would have charged 9.
>
>Glad you remained open to my silly RP even after that, cause I
>really wanted no part of fighting you ever again. I believe
>you were one of the first people I inducted into the
>Silverwood kingdom too, mostly in an effort to try and make
>you not want to kill me.

After my attempt(s) at revenge and the failure I was seeing there, Haustr decided maybe this silly goblin wasn't such a bad guy after all.

Skjolfe (Anonymous)Tue 11-Feb-14 02:11 AM
Charter member
#119364, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #2

I would like to thank you for the quite enjoyable induction interview.

Though, right when you spoke to me was about 5 minutes after my wife expected me to log off...

And I knew that my luck in having you talk to me right away couldn't be turned down. So through my laptop crashing and taking over the family-room computer through the official website flash client...and waiting for you to deal with criminals...

Well, my wife didn't appreciate the next two hours, but I did.

So just wanted to make sure you knew I was/am grateful you decided to stick it out as long as you did.

TwistSat 15-Feb-14 12:52 AM
3431 posts
#119392, "RE: Thanks!"
In response to Reply #11

>I would like to thank you for the quite enjoyable induction
>interview.
>
>Though, right when you spoke to me was about 5 minutes after
>my wife expected me to log off...
>
>And I knew that my luck in having you talk to me right away
>couldn't be turned down. So through my laptop crashing and
>taking over the family-room computer through the official
>website flash client...and waiting for you to deal with
>criminals...
>
>Well, my wife didn't appreciate the next two hours, but I
>did.
>
>So just wanted to make sure you knew I was/am grateful you
>decided to stick it out as long as you did.

Dude I felt bad when I finished the interview and inducted/showed you around an you're like "Ok, need to go now, should have been gone a long time ago."

Never pledge right before logging off!

Faenral (Anonymous)Wed 12-Feb-14 05:55 AM
Charter member
#119371, "RE: Probably should have just deleted in January"
In response to Reply #2

Gotta say, you were pretty awesome. Definitely one of the characters that kept me going for a long time.

Never would have suspected you were Twist though.

Good luck with your next.

TwistSat 15-Feb-14 12:53 AM
3431 posts
#119393, "I was dismayed when you went Fort"
In response to Reply #12

...for one I was like "really? Fort needs another healer?!"

But mostly I was like "Whogonnahealmyouternow?"

Thanks for continuing to do so, despite the fact that it probably got you in a bit of trouble a few times.

Mirozah (Anonymous)Fri 14-Feb-14 02:37 PM
Charter member
#119383, "I had a lot of fun with you."
In response to Reply #2

Especially when I taunted you with your own armor, making you do things to get it back I think I killed you 2-3 times.

Even with the Helm, I really think I had your number.. Just those damn guards + manacles + other Tribs made it hard for me to take big risks. A missed cranial here, or a failed soften there really made the difference in our fights. Everything would have to go perfect for one of us to seal the deal.

I wish we had one more chance to duke it out mano e mano. Def one of my more favorite tribs.

I TOLD you that you were going to be Justicar.

GLWYN.

TwistSat 15-Feb-14 12:59 AM
3431 posts
#119394, "I think you might be mis-remembering"
In response to Reply #13

>Even with the Helm, I really think I had your number.. Just
>those damn guards + manacles + other Tribs made it hard for me
>to take big risks. A missed cranial here, or a failed soften
>there really made the difference in our fights. Everything
>would have to go perfect for one of us to seal the deal.

You use the phrase "had your number" way too much. Once I had any amount of save vs. paralysis, any fights we had ended with you or me running away. Generally I was running if it was more than just you (rake plus minor neuro still hurts). Mostly you were running after trying a couple neuros and not landing a violent.

Also, I wasn't a mace spec.

Save vs. para was a big thing, but also you would continue to try to sneak around while flat, and that just doesn't work against a Justiciar.

You telling me something to the effect of "My magic is far too strong to be affected by those." with respect to violet roots was funny, considering I fogged you out with some about 3 days later.

>I TOLD you that you were going to be Justicar.

You told me I was going to be Provost. While I was Justiciar. Still though, you were correct.

Marlukan (Anonymous)Sat 08-Feb-14 08:49 PM
Charter member
#119340, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Haustr ColdHearth the Long Arm..."
In response to Reply #0

Darnit, why did you have to go and do this! I figured something was up, but this is not good to see. You had the Tribunal doing fairly well there. Now its two provosts I barely got to know! Good luck with whatever you do.

Marlukan

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119339 Previous topic | Next topic