Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Life" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119259
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 01-Feb-14 11:28 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119259, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Life"

Sat Feb 1 22:20:51 2014

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Thaslal perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:185

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..., Vars (Anonymous), 03-Feb-14 05:45 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..., Grurk Muouk, 02-Feb-14 05:13 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..., Nythos (Anonymous), 02-Feb-14 05:25 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..., Grurk Muouk, 02-Feb-14 05:46 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..., Strienat, 02-Feb-14 06:14 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..., Eskelian, 04-Feb-14 07:23 AM, #10
Reply We didn't interact much.., Mendos, 05-Feb-14 08:13 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..., Strienat, 02-Feb-14 04:52 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..., Grurk Muouk, 02-Feb-14 05:27 PM, #6
Reply What happened?, Voszoad (Anonymous), 02-Feb-14 10:04 AM, #1
     Reply RE: What happened?, Grurk Muouk, 02-Feb-14 05:19 PM, #4

Vars (Anonymous)Mon 03-Feb-14 05:45 AM
Charter member
#119284, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for all your help on my newb.

Good luck with your next character

Grurk MuoukSun 02-Feb-14 05:13 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119270, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..."
In response to Reply #0

Never quite fully got into Strienat's religion, probably because I just didn't understand it well enough. Given this is pretty much what a priest should be about (I feel), it sapped the fun for me not having the interaction, although Strienat seemed to be around a lot. Also, Strienat: You talk about your version of Chaos kinda being about not making anyone fit into a mold, yet you insisted I address you as Ancient Strienat, or the like, instead of just 'Strienat' or 'my friend'. Little confusing to IC to Thaslal, even to me OOC.

Also, I tried to be as anti-reaver (even anti- harbinger when they were being bloodthirsty a$$hats) as I could without attacking anyone outright. Resulted in some cool friction. I had hoped not being a vanilla warden pushover would help me get Sunwarden. Either it didn't get noticed, or didn't work. =)

Fair amount of hours, but really was pretty short lived, so not many goodbyes I can think of. If you want to post, I will reply.

Nythos (Anonymous)Sun 02-Feb-14 05:25 PM
Charter member
#119273, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..."
In response to Reply #3

Glad to see you still around as I've always enjoyed your characters.

To be clear about my questionin g you over the cb - I never felt you were in the wrong, bit I like forcing characters to defend their beliefs rather than allowing characters to follow cabal dogma blindly. I enjoyed the debate it caused among the cabal and what it reveals about each character. Hopefully get to see you again soon!

Grurk MuoukSun 02-Feb-14 05:46 PM
538 posts
#119275, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..."
In response to Reply #5

IC, Thaslal was annoyed- HOW DARE YOU SAY TRIBS ARE NOT THE ENEMY (sorta), hehe. Least that's how to tried to RP it out. Was cool conversation. It's always cool with avatars actually interact a bit with the cabal, so thanks for that.

StrienatSun 02-Feb-14 06:14 PM
Member since 23rd Dec 2013
76 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119276, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..."
In response to Reply #3

*** You talk about your version of Chaos kinda being about not making anyone fit into a mold, yet you insisted I address you as Ancient Strienat, or the like, instead of just 'Strienat' or 'my friend'. Little confusing to IC to Thaslal, even to me OOC. ***

This was a hard thing to try to tell you because of exactly what you are talking about. I did not want to have you fit into a mold, you are completely right, but at the same time I also felt that "my friend", eventhough it was respectful by your standards, was not fully respectful to a god. As I said when I mentioned it to you, I understand why you did it but felt it would be better otherwise.

Also, about the skill thing. I had watched you sit for awhile spamming abilities and there were things going on that you could not hear about, so I poked at you to get out into the thick. Unfortunately, what happened was people logged out right after and it suddenly looked like there was nothing going on. Downsides of Organia.

Once again, as I said below, you were doing a great job and I was really looking forward to seeing you go further. Thank you for trying out my religion and all that, wished you could have stuck around longer.

EskelianTue 04-Feb-14 07:23 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
#119302, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..."
In response to Reply #3

Good to see you still kicking around homie .

Now I wish I'd have interacted with this char more!

GLWYN.

MendosWed 05-Feb-14 08:13 AM
Member since 16th Oct 2013
180 posts
#119307, "We didn't interact much.."
In response to Reply #3

But Thaslal looked solid and on a completely unrelated note, welcome back to CF.

StrienatSun 02-Feb-14 04:52 PM
Member since 23rd Dec 2013
76 posts
#119269, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..."
In response to Reply #0

I hate to see this. You were doing well and made it very hard to choose between you and Nalaya for Sunwarden. You seemed to have picked up the religion well and I was hoping to look at giving you my tattoo soon.

The only thing I would say about your play style and performance would be as a good healer in Outlander, you need to be slightly better at not holding grudges against your fellow Outlanders, at least neutrals and goods. As a Warden you are there to teach and aid, not hold grudges.

Once again, I am highly disappointed to see this, I hope you enjoyed yourself and I wish you had stuck it out, I had some plans for you. Hope you enjoy your next.

Grurk MuoukSun 02-Feb-14 05:27 PM
538 posts
#119274, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thaslal the Affirmation of Li..."
In response to Reply #2

Posted some thoughts above, but guess I was doing better than I thought.

After you did that echo when I was spamming word/teleport in Organia, I left, thinking you wanted to interact... and you did nothing/ignored me - thought pretty much you were annoyed with me for whatever reason, pretty much downhill from there.

And yes, I tend to try and perfect spells and prayers especially word and teleport, not having word perfected already had killed me once (Vree in the palace). Being a support class can be frustrating enough without having your crap fail when you need it most. =)

Voszoad (Anonymous)Sun 02-Feb-14 10:04 AM
Charter member
#119261, "What happened?"
In response to Reply #0

You spoiled my payback to you I was planning. You seemed to be having
fun and a competent healer to say the least. I'm sure the wardens are
going to miss you.

Crooooaaaak!

Grurk MuoukSun 02-Feb-14 05:19 PM
538 posts
#119271, "RE: What happened?"
In response to Reply #1

Figured something was coming, was actually looking forward to the hero level shenanigans between us, could have been cool. =)

I sat behind my screen and laughed my ass off when I worded you those two times when you were doing those vile things at the grove... and your CB reactions were priceless... hehe, like Toad a lot actually, great character.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119259 Previous topic | Next topic