Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Dwybaen Lockhartt the Calamus of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119215
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 30-Jan-14 11:48 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119215, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Dwybaen Lockhartt the Calamus of the Phoenix, Elder Maran"

Thu Jan 30 22:40:27 2014

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Dwybaen perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:502

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Dwybaen Lockhartt the Calamus..., Valanthiriel, Chakra of Love. (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 07:02 PM, #25
Reply Was fun knowing/facing you from both sides., Rydell/Mirozah (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 04:16 PM, #14
Reply RE: Was fun knowing/facing you from both sides., Dwybaen (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 06:23 PM, #19
     Reply Pushing the Envelope., Rydell/Mirozah (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 08:44 PM, #27
Reply Goodbyes Allies and Friends, Dwybaen the Dusty (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 10:40 AM, #5
Reply Damn didn't expect this to happen was just gettin used ..., Ulfiy9859 (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 02:58 PM, #12
Reply RE: Damn didn't expect this to happen was just gettin u..., Dwybaen (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 06:24 PM, #20
Reply And another one gone., Belendithas (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 03:16 PM, #13
Reply RE: And another one gone., Dwybaen (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 06:27 PM, #21
Reply Goodbye my long lived companion, Deaerax (Anonymous), 01-Feb-14 01:37 AM, #29
     Reply It was a long, crazy ride., Dwybaen (Anonymous), 01-Feb-14 09:57 AM, #31
Reply Goodbyes Enemies, Dwybaen the Dusty (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 10:34 AM, #4
Reply Good enemy to have, Halifan (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 01:50 PM, #8
Reply RE: Good enemy to have, Dwybaen (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 02:33 PM, #10
     Reply Greater enlivens, Halifan (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 06:19 PM, #17
Reply Fire hurts, Counithi (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 02:11 PM, #9
Reply Burninated n/t, Dwybaen (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 02:35 PM, #11
Reply Glad you had fun., Israh (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 04:40 PM, #15
Reply RE: Glad you had fun., Dwybaen (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 06:34 PM, #22
Reply Dude I was on your side o_O, Kazzru (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 04:49 PM, #16
Reply RE: Dude I was on your side o_O, Dwybaen (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 06:22 PM, #18
Reply Goodbye Birdy..., Voszoad (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 07:23 PM, #26
Reply RE: Goodbye Birdy..., Dwybaen (Anonymous), 01-Feb-14 09:58 AM, #32
Reply That pownix was da bomb, Quarissa (Anonymous), 01-Feb-14 12:42 AM, #28
Reply RE: That pownix was da bomb, Dwybaen (Anonymous), 01-Feb-14 10:00 AM, #33
Reply Think I was a complainer, Accolon/Nabor/Saguntius (Anonymous), 01-Feb-14 06:03 AM, #30
Reply RE: Think I was a complainer, Dwybaen (Anonymous), 01-Feb-14 10:04 AM, #34
     Reply Pshhh, KaguMaru, 01-Feb-14 02:14 PM, #36
Reply You didn't think the phoenix was good?, Lusciat (Anonymous), 01-Feb-14 02:11 PM, #35
Reply Goodbyes Enemies, Akresius, 03-Feb-14 09:49 AM, #37
Reply RE: Goodbyes Enemies, Ranzigon (Anonymous), 03-Feb-14 06:28 PM, #38
Reply RE: Goodbyes Enemies, Merf, 17-Feb-14 07:26 PM, #39
Reply You were tough., Lusciat (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 02:37 AM, #3
Reply RE: You were tough., Dwybaen (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 06:41 PM, #23
Reply Heh. You sure pissed all over Tribunal law., Einrai (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 01:23 AM, #2
Reply RE: Heh. You sure pissed all over Tribunal law., Dwybaen (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 10:43 AM, #6
     Reply Lol I know right?, Einrai (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 11:55 AM, #7
Reply Well done., Risgran (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 12:27 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Well done., Dwybaen (Anonymous), 31-Jan-14 06:43 PM, #24

Valanthiriel, Chakra of Love. (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 07:02 PM
Charter member
#119243, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Dwybaen Lockhartt the Calamus..."
In response to Reply #0

Kinda sad that you forgot all about me :C But I had fun nonetheless watching you grow into just who you are. You and Deaer allowed me a very interesting form of RP being a "Chakra of Love" I wanted nothing more than to see it flourish. Being on both sides I would say this char was very well done and a joy to see in the realms. I feared for another Oshui when I saw you coming up but you made your own. And I respected that, good luck to you. And shake it up with a stab at balance or the dark side

Rydell/Mirozah (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 04:16 PM
Charter member
#119232, "Was fun knowing/facing you from both sides."
In response to Reply #0

Was really interesting to get to know you as Rydell, help you gear up, find your rods, push you to face the darkness blah blah..

And then come in as Mirozah and try to melt your face.

A great character, well deserved accolades. Well done!!

Good Luck with your next, I'm sure we will see each other (on one side or another) again.

Rydell & Mirozah

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 06:23 PM
Charter member
#119237, "RE: Was fun knowing/facing you from both sides."
In response to Reply #14

Well done. Wow. I've been a serial goodie my entire career and find it very hard to RP really creepy evil. Maybe I need to push the envelope and try.

Rydell/Mirozah (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 08:44 PM
Charter member
#119245, "Pushing the Envelope."
In response to Reply #19

Well.

After Rydell I was kind of 'loved' out. I left Fortress on an upswing, so making a Maran was out of the question, and I wanted to make a PK character...

It's been a long, long time since I had a scion (think like - SHADOW), and they were down in the dumps, so I went that direction. Glad I did, I had a ton of fun. I'm sure you would too! Being the underdog is kinda fun sometimes.

I typically don't play evil because it really eats at me to be that much of *unt, but it worked out. I wound up having some very good RP interactions with Forties that I didn't really get to see as Rydell. I was surprised and disappointed in many instances. My next character (likely) will be a Fortie, and I'll want to 'fix' all the problems I saw from the other side.

Try out the other side, you'll see what I mean. GLWYN and See you in the fields!

Dwybaen the Dusty (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 10:40 AM
Charter member
#119221, "Goodbyes Allies and Friends"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks to all my friends and allies that steered this character. I normally am a shifter player who just gets up to the final forms and plays around a bit. Somewhere in the mid-ranks I started RP'ing with Deaer and it became my goal to possibly get a quest form and lots of imm exp, possibly a leader position. Fort was sort of on a downswing so I saw an opportunity and struck while the iron was hot.

Deaer- Great RP, fun story. You were 'out there' with the vampire thing but I like it and rolled with it. Glad you were there to help steer me in that direction or else I might have just been another flyto/murder noname. Really did move me to try more things and look where it got me. So thanks. Congrats on moving up, hope you are enjoying yourself.

Yuolud- Great player, Great friend, glad you were around too. You really motivated me.

Baerinika-Thanks for all the blessings. Made this character one of my most memorable. And I've been around a while.

Rydell-If you are out there somewhere. Thanks for helping me find my rods. In the end it was Deaer that suggested my final place. What a pain in the ass that was.

Andira-Rarely saw you but you are old and Dusty like me.

Trenloch- Awesome warrior. Always bailing my butt out of bad fights. Which I had plenty.

Hard to remember everyone so if you want post a message below and I'll respond. Too much typing on the enemy board!! Hehe.

Thanks again all, and I'll be back.

Ulfiy9859 (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 02:58 PM
Charter member
#119230, "Damn didn't expect this to happen was just gettin used ..."
In response to Reply #5

Anyways GLWYN was hopin to actually get to have a fight wit ya involved. Did ya get that damned orc ya wanted before ya died?

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 06:24 PM
Charter member
#119238, "RE: Damn didn't expect this to happen was just gettin u..."
In response to Reply #12

>Anyways GLWYN was hopin to actually get to have a fight wit
>ya involved. Did ya get that damned orc ya wanted before ya
>died?
Nope. Didn't find him. Jalrandar hit me with wasting disease and I think that's why I fell out of the sky on the way back to the Fort.

Belendithas (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 03:16 PM
Charter member
#119231, "And another one gone."
In response to Reply #5

Didnt get to see you fight a lot but I knew that you would bring it to our enemies everytime you came online. And with you and all those healers about, I really wanted something like gate or fly. Darn all this running.

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 06:27 PM
Charter member
#119239, "RE: And another one gone."
In response to Reply #13

Yeah I'm pretty much ruined for walking around Thera. What a pain that is gonna be.

Deaerax (Anonymous)Sat 01-Feb-14 01:37 AM
Charter member
#119248, "Goodbye my long lived companion"
In response to Reply #5

I know this was a long time coming... But I want you to know I do not think I would have gotten started on this path without you. It is amazing what a few simple words can inspire. I still blame Rydell for that. "I choose you." Thanks for hanging on for the ride and rolling with it. I really hope you had fun with it as much as I did.

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Sat 01-Feb-14 09:57 AM
Charter member
#119252, "It was a long, crazy ride."
In response to Reply #29

Thanks a lot for everything. Definitely helped to have a healer at my disposal. Also helped that you were a lot of fun to hang out with. The RP was unique and obviously I had to kind of play it by ear near the end there but I think it worked out perfectly for everyone.

Good luck up there.

Dwybaen the Dusty (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 10:34 AM
Charter member
#119220, "Goodbyes Enemies"
In response to Reply #0

This has been a long time coming. Im not one to delete so I was trying to burn through the last of my con while still staying true to my character. Lost steam before the holidays and this is probably the second longest-played character I've ever had. Not used to maintaining that sort of longevity.

That being said I have a few things to say to the haters and complainers then I think I'll do something fun for this goodbye.

First off. I have NEVER had a character in my entire CF life, that was told how he should act by more people in game. If I'd have taken the popular opinion (of my enemies mostly) I was playing the most god-awful Maran in the history of Maran. To some of you I was suppose to be a Paladin. To some of you I was supposed to be a Healer Scribe. To some of you I was just supposed to rush into the Vanquisher against 5 of you and die...well just because that's what Maran do right?? Unbelievable really. The funny thing is, the biggest complainers were the same people that play a character and flame out after two or three bad deaths. Or hit about 43 and stall. Delete, rinse, repeat. My advice to you is don't let the actions of others control or affect your emotions. For gods sake...play YOUR character. And don't try to be the CF police for crying out loud.

My second mini-rant is to those who think I was a god-awful PK'er and didn't deserve a quest form. Firstly, Phoenix was not an iWin button. Secondly, I RP'ed the crap out of this character. I was a big presence for hours on end in Fort. I wrote fairly decent roles and did not just spam spells and power rank. I am NOT a great PK'er, I'll admit that. But wouldn't you rather a guy like me who is mediocre at PK but has all those other facets get a bonus that makes him more fun to play with. As opposed to someone who is already lethal and then they get something that makes them even more lethal. To the point you have to gather an army to bring them down? Just my two cents. My numbers are not overly impressive and yes I con-died. But that means I PLAYED, and DIED, and RP'ed, and all that stuff this game is known for.

/endrant.

So for my goodbyes I think its going to be fun to try and remember who all my aliases for flyto/murder are associated with and try to remember a one-line about each one..so let me open up my client and see how many aliases I programmed over the 502 hours of this character. Lol.

Acc- Accolon...you were hot on my list only because I liked how eyes of flame would just jump you when I flew to you. I know I was relentless on your ass but uhmm...hello. You were evil!

Ach- Ackhchch Shaman? Scion Shaman. You were short lived and pre-Phoenix I think. Shamans were a learning curve and fighting a lot of you has made me want to try one really bad.

Adi- Adili- Oh how tasty thieves were to the Phoenix. If I caught you out of the shadows you were all meat. Except for Gedunthos..but we'll get to him. You almost fell there on the road yesterday, battle chaos and Hexugar being such a badass saved you.

Amda-Can't believe I didn't trample the crap out of you in the guild those two times. Just enough of a pause for you to walk out. And when I saw your form flying I knew it would just be futile to chase you unless I caught you hurt or out of form. hehe

amk-Amkichi you were short lived too at least from my perspective..I caught you on the lake that one time. Vulture Rhino was very good against conjies. There weren't too many that scared me especially after I found ABS

Ank-Ankhran! Horrible to fight you. As that whip got stronger I mandated the Fortress to get it from your hands. You know why? Because it hurt me the MOST!! I got muddled, befuddled, and malaise EVERY time I fought you. And with malaise it was literally about a 5-10 hour malaise where I couldn't even walk, look, where, or anything. It was horrible. When Voralia and I finally got you I was on that whip like white on rice. I don't think it was bunk that you got it. I think the progs on it needed to be toned down. Hehe

Blev-Blevien you were relatively new and pissed off that you died a few times to Fort. Knocking on the Maran, that's gonna get you targeted. And if I see you I'm gonna jump you. That's just the way I am.

Buj-Bujoch you taught me a lot in the first few encounters we had. I essentially learned about gearing for the LOSS of stats from you. Thanks. But don't bitch me a blue streak when I take opportunistic kills when you are running back to your village and I swoop down and finish the job. Your mouth was obnoxious and it wasn't just me who thought that.

chai-Chaille - one of the less scary shaman of the new revamp. Each one of you was a test case. You were a good hider so it was tough to keep up with you enough to land a kill.

coun- Counithi- one of the crop of felar Imperials that came up right after I got the Phoenix. Wanted so bad to catch each and every one of you alone with the flaming bite for some *****SCORCHES***** Unfortunately you all were very adept at staying together at Centurions and slipping in and out of the shadows. Think I caught you once....but most of the time that was during the Gharzal and Merf phase where I died to a group of 4-6 quite often.

crr- Crraya- good assassin. Nice and dodgy. Fast to run back to the Village after an impale. Don't think I ever caught you. Let alone most other villagers. Tough against mages.

dalt-Daltheis-good RP, fun shaman to fight. Always a comment or two after the fact. Again was always really tough to keep you guys around long enough.

dam-Damolo your RP when you found me sleeping in Hamsah and I woke up and you mentioned something disgusting I won't repeat here. Pretty much put you at the top of my 'douches I want to kill' list. Once you got that staff, you were impossible. Good player...that bit of RP really annoyed me though.

deev-Deevak I learned not to mess with rangers in their home terrain fighting you. Damn did I die quick when you were in your element. Out of it, wasn't so bad.

dral-Dralthen hidey hidey hidey. Only caught you at the Maran that once.

dras-Drasic one of the evil shifters that felt my wrath in the early 40's. If you are evil, I don't necessarily WANT you to get to full power do I? Same thing happened to me which is why my con was barely over 10 when I hit Hero.

drond-Drond maybe caught you out of the shadows once. Think you got me tied up once. But not sure if you actually got me dead. Can't remember.

erg-Ergoth Bards were tricky. Most of time not horribly scary but you were very good at having a few key friends nearby. I think it was during our time fighting that I had an epiphany. Empire Gangs are so awful because you have a decent SPREAD of professions. If you have one from every sect, you pretty much have everything covered. Someone to trip, someone to maledict, someone to dispel, etc. You take all the best of each class and your gang is ridiculous. Fort gang isn't so scary because they might all be Pally's with one ranger and a shifter. We are all just spamming kill while the Imperials capitalize on all the lagging and command denial available. Heh. Maybe? Make sense? I dunno.

eum-Eumridae another hidey hider. Think I caught you once.

feg-Fegul Good Orc...but Phoenix with flaming bite burns your thick hide. You weren't as scary as Ruk or Yegtheg but you were tricky.

fin-Finley I know being a fat slob was your RP but man you were awful to fight. Never stuck around unless you were behind Merf and others. Annoyed the crap out of me.

Yeg-Yegtheg Badass Orc. Appreciated you not raping my corpse when you and Soviatos got me. Good foe, very knowledgable Orc.

gar-Gharzal Decent Mummy. Huge complainer. Once you started forgetting me at Centurions I had to catch you elsewhere.

ged-Gedunthos-awful awful awful thief to fight. You know your stuff. Know when to trip, when to flee..gutshot was horrible. Very hard to pin down and after you were Emperor even tougher. Felt bad about our little full loot back and forth there but it didn't last and I appreciate that. Your ranting to me was fun though.

grl-Gralgdar-Another Orc I think. Orcs were fun to hunt. Except for Ruk and Yeg.

grok-Groakus Think I caught you once and it was a quick teleport and then nothing. Like most of my 'assaults'

grug-Grugdath? Can't remember that one.

hal-Halifan. I had an alias for every one of your forms. Even the ferret. That one time I caught your ferret doing the wardance actually made me lol. You were a very competent foe. Much better at flyto/murder shifter than me. Really glad you got a quest form too. Glad it was also the yeti which is sort of vulnerable to fire right? First time I hit the yeti and dispelled a resist heat I was like Oh yeah! heh. But your lion on the ground was way too much for me. Only way I could kill you was in the air possibly...and Im pretty sure toe to toe, yeti would have gone down. But it was fun when you were on. You were an evil ####head...but that's ok if its RP. I've seen you comment on here and you don't seem to be a ####head in real life. Keep up the good work.

Hex-Hexugar You were right. in my PK list you were my last option. I work my way up from the weakest to the strongest and you in particular...dagger users overall...were AWFUL for me. Learned that with uhmm..oh I'm sure his name will come up down the list here. Can't remember.

houd-Houden Can't remember who this was.

hurr-Hurros felar ranger. Caught you once with phoenix. Was always so nice to see the flaming bite rip into a felar. Think you caught me in your element once too...Caves?? Anyways..like I said. Rangers in their terrain are strong. Makes me want one.

icil-Icilio Strong warrior. Didn't have many chances at you unless you were running out of Galadon after messing with the Spire.

ish-Cant for the life of me remember this name

israh-Israh fun fights but again...shamans were a stalemate until I got phoenix and could dispel in form. Then it evened out but still couldn't seal kills very well.

jal-Jalrandar Not sure if it was my movement or your wasting disease that did me in. Fell out of the skies after our tangle last night. So you can claim the last kill on me. Wanted so bad to keep you in a fight long enough to dispel and rip into that frosty flesh with flaming bite.

jan-Jaunka? No idea.

jeha-Remember this guy but not the entire name.

kazz-Kazzru Another on my list of thieves to murder whenever they stepped out of the shadows. You should just thank the gods I couldn't see hidden.

ker-Keriel Hardly ever found you outside the cities. Didn't stop me a couple times but most of the time I weighed the options.

kwo-Kwoaleia Learned over time trannies weren't overly scary. Except for Mirozah. Once I would engage you would earthbind and I would dispel. Once I was ripping into you with all CAPS, you were out of there. I really wished Rhino trampling was MORE like actual TRAMPLING.

lorm-Lormas. Don't think I ever got to use that one.

lot-Lotaris Ballsy Healer.

luc-Lucosa Don't think I ever found you either.

lusc-Lusciat No hard feelings at all Lusciat. I was totally in the other room eating soup. You must have logged in right there? No complaints though, that's my own fault. After hearing the biznitching from people who went AFK in their GUILD and got killed by me I have no pity for you if you walk away from your computer. That includes myself. As far as the items I had every intention of finding you quickly and killing you but you were also a good hider from birds.

mal-Maligor rarely could find you. Only time I did was when you were running from Nalaya. Whatever you were doing in that hidey hole. It was a good hidey hole.

merf-Most cowardly Emperor ever. Maybe your RP, maybe not. Very annoying.

miro-Mirozah- VERY competent trannie. Avoid at all costs. Hehe

miya-Mhiyarz Transmuter...not as scary as Mirozah
morr-Morrow Oh the fun we had.
mreii-Mreii Another felar I wanted to burn with my flames. Fun times.

myv=Myven Another thief that felt the flames

nab=Nabor You got targeted a lot. You were there during the height of Fort so yes you were the only evil in our radar a lot of times. Believe me..I've been there.

nald-Naldigar If I caught you prepped...your entwining just made the RHino hit you harder. But it was always a gamble. Most of the time I was JUST depleted enough to make it hard to bring you down. And it was definitely easy for you to make it difficult on me.

narg-Nargel. Another evil shifter I caught in various places. Sorry dude, I know shifters and if you are way out of the way, out of form resting in the woods. You are probably dead meat.

nig-Nighden Another AP. Not much to remember

niz-Nizili? Bad timing on your part in Veran. Most of the time Empire Warriors were high on my list of plausible successes. Except Dagger users. Screw you dagger users.

nyst-Horrible Awful Ranger. Awful Awful Awful. And I mean that in the best way possible. Actually I mean you were awful to run into. Anywhere.

olo-Oloice Don't know what was happening that day when I couldn't fly to you. But it started happening with others too. Evasive maneuvers or something. You were the KING of it.

ozz-Ozzriwdyr You were the one that taught me how bad dagger users could be. Thanks to you I avoided them at all costs unless I knew they were on the run. Also, you were trying to steal my girl. Which didn't make you high on my list.

pras-Prashanth Another felar...Lots of felars out there when I have flaming bite to burn the fur.

qint-Qintaris...didn't get many chances at you.

quar-Quarissa Enjoyed our couple interactions. That familiar is sick. I got away last night but the vomiting and such did me in. Its a bit much.

raj-Raijik Old enemy..lots of fun chasing you around.

ranz-Ranzigon Another shaman. Fun to fight you when you came to the Fort. Again...tough to keep a shaman around.

raz-Rahzeez Another warrior I avoided. You knew your game. Last night I TOTALLY assumed since you were on the orb was in the Palace. Had 2 deaths left and basically made up my mind I was killing the Vanquisher no mater what. If you got me , oh well. When I got it and the orb didn't come back I was like..well that was dumb!

ruk-Ruk. Far more insidious and dark than Yegtheg. Knew your stuff and capitalized on it. The giant pile of corpses near the Inn was classic. Classic Orc player.

sed-Sehdara You were going out as I was coming in. Caught you once that was like the highlight of my day. hehe

sin-Sintaero Another assassin that I constantly scanned the lands for.

soca-Socapex Never found you out and about.

sov-Soviatos My old nemesis. Lost a lot of con to you and that malice. I'm positive they toned it down because when you first got it, it was horrific. This was also before I got Phoenix so dispelling you was not an option. Especially since some of the time you had Yeg with you.

sag-Saguntius. Felar AP?

ter-Terris. Caught you afk in your guild. Sorry man but I don't stop to check if you are moving before I kill you. Go AFK somewhere else. And don't complain about it after.

tor-Toroch Necro, short lived.

var-Varesh Short lived thief...lots of complaining if I'm not mistaken.

vick-Vick Another thief that complained a lot when I caught them out of the shadows.

vos-Nightreaver Good shaman, solid tactics. Rarely caught you in the open.

xerm-Xerm felar warrior Empire...can't remember if I ever tangled much with you. Maybe a little.

zhen-Zhenyen. Horrifically strong Conjie. Knew your stuff. Think I gave yuou a run maybe once or twice at the Watcher with the Rhino..but normally I avoided you like the plague. Which I usually ended up with a ridiculously long plague after fighting your devils.

zrig-Zrigor. Nothing personal. Frost giant flesh and flaming bite. I wanted so bad to drop you right in Market Square.

So that's it for enemies that I can remember. That was a lot more typing than I anticipated. Small Goodbye for friends coming up.

Halifan (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 01:50 PM
Charter member
#119225, "Good enemy to have"
In response to Reply #4

Oh, Dwybaen. You were something special to me. I think we hardly ever talked, really, but then we didn't have to. You were the only character I actually feared because I couldn't just fly away. I had to be on my game when you were on, make sure I was prepared for a drop-by, and figure out how to hunt, raid, retrieve, scout, and gather wands while avoiding you.

I ranked up 42 - 50 during your heyday, when your phoenix and the Fortress would roll deep with 2+ healers, elf STSF warriors, and a massive gang of Forties. At the time it was really just me and Zhen, and he hardly showed, so really it was just me. Logging in I expected the Scepter to be in the Fortress. It was brutal and very aggravating, but I masochistically fought through it and ended up becoming a better PK'er for it. Once I found my wands, and hit my stride, with your indirect help I was able to start mopping the floor up with Fortress.

Killing you a few times was a highlight each time. I wish we had more opportunities to tangle during the more recent times when things were a bit more even keel.

Overall, I'm glad you existed, because I doubt I'd have become the mettled character I am without you. You even made it into my role.

As an aside, mechanics question - knowing the phoenix can rake, is there a reason you never did 'flyto;rake' to capitalize on the lag + one full round of combat?

Oh, and as for the yeti, you're incorrect about it being vuln to heat. It's actually resistant to it. Your form just hits pretty hard and the few times you caught me with it I wasn't prepped.

Great long-lived character and thanks for the memories.

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 02:33 PM
Charter member
#119227, "RE: Good enemy to have"
In response to Reply #8

Really glad you felt that way. I felt the same way when you were on. Had to be completely prepped up before I flew out of anywhere.

You were much more adept at hanging out of form and earthbinding, etc, than I was. I was never confident enough to come out of form because every time I did and tried to do anything other than word, I got jacked.

As far as lagging goes...I am completely clueless as far as rounds/lag/etc etc. As I said before..I'm an awful PK'er. This char was one of my first where I actually would have some semblance of strategy like...dispel..then if they cast a spell I'd shift rhino and impale...etc. I am learning but its a very slow process. Most of the time it just looks like scrolling text until I see someone is dead. Most of the time its me.

It honestly was a tossup when I would hastily program an alias to chase someone whether or not I would hit with murder or rake. Now I know which one to pick.

I did once have a genius move where I lagged someone raking them while I took out the Vanquisher...but I think I always went to Rhino because I ASSUMED rhino trampling is the bomb, and someone everyone would always get away from me. Infuriating.

Question for you. Which greater enliven did you find the most useful. I noticed you used Instinct a lot and I was always Bestial or Unstable.

Just curious

Halifan (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 06:19 PM
Charter member
#119235, "Greater enlivens"
In response to Reply #10

I use instinct and unstable because of the unpredictability factor. Outside of # of attacks per round and choosing when to shift, there really isn't that much I can do to avoid becoming very predictable in battle. It's not a huge difference, but you might find those enlivens will kick in and surprise both you and your foe. Unstable, as you may or may not realize, works great on things that have natural weapon resist, like giants, minotaurs, rhinocerii, black sanctuary, etc.

Bestial, while nice for straight + damage, ends up becoming far too predictable for an enemy to determine when they should bow out of the fight.

Sometimes I'll put up relentlessness because I have a suspicion hitroll does more for shifters than is advertised.

Ferocity of the tiger is ok for mitigating stat reduction, but that's usually better to cover with gear and use your enliven to do something special.

Also on bestial, whether this is intentional or overlooked, the yeti form gets no benefit at all from it, so I pretty much gave up on it after getting that form (Lyristeon check your emails!).

As for your comment about rake, if it's the traditional rake that many forms get, you should know that it lags you for two rounds and your opponent for one round, and can be used to initiate combat. With that skill on a form that can flyto, you could have probably landed more kills by preventing foes from fleeing immediately and getting a full round of attacks in.

Counithi (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 02:11 PM
Charter member
#119226, "Fire hurts"
In response to Reply #4

That phoenix was horrible. Getting my resist fire dispelled straight away and then eating an OBLIT and I was outta there. You were on the top of my list of people to avoid.

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 02:35 PM
Charter member
#119228, "Burninated n/t"
In response to Reply #9

n/t

Israh (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 04:40 PM
Charter member
#119233, "Glad you had fun."
In response to Reply #4

You certainly earned the quest form as far as I am concerned.
Always out there mixing it up and often willing to talk.

I agree with your assessment about our fights being stalemates,
but I enjoyed them all the same because I had to be wary whenever
you were on, seeing you chasing me on the retreat from someone else, etc.

For the record:
Kazzru was a thief acolyte, I remember, because I rather liked him.
And your alias Ish was probably for Ishtugar, fire giant Empire, my last comedian.
He was actually better suited for fighting your forms having dagger and flails, even though my skills failed half the time.

I look forward to your next character. Hopefully we will be enemies!

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 06:34 PM
Charter member
#119240, "RE: Glad you had fun."
In response to Reply #15

Yeah I remembered Ishtugar after I got all
Done. You were pre revamp so it was simple shaman skills. Once revamp went in and I was getting Malice from soviatos every login I was pretty much going to give up fighting shamans. I think it would be really good for me to play one because it's sort of a slow play PK where I could get a feel for combat rounds and such.

Glad you enjoyed our interactions.

Kazzru (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 04:49 PM
Charter member
#119234, "Dude I was on your side o_O"
In response to Reply #4

nt

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 06:22 PM
Charter member
#119236, "RE: Dude I was on your side o_O"
In response to Reply #16

Hahah. I was thinking that when I typed it but couldn't remember. I THINK I just had a flyto for you which means I must have had a reason for that. Hehe.

Voszoad (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 07:23 PM
Charter member
#119244, "Goodbye Birdy..."
In response to Reply #4

Fun enemy to have lurking above. When you logged on I knew I had to be ready any second for you. Awesome job with the quest form and from what I saw could be deadly in right situation. Great character all around.

Crooooooaaaak!

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Sat 01-Feb-14 09:58 AM
Charter member
#119253, "RE: Goodbye Birdy..."
In response to Reply #26

Yeah, it could be awful under the right circumstances.

Quarissa (Anonymous)Sat 01-Feb-14 12:42 AM
Charter member
#119247, "That pownix was da bomb"
In response to Reply #4

I usually dismiss shifters, but had to be extra careful after I met the dispelling phoenix. That thing hits harder than my familiar! Run! You would be glad to know I was barely alive after our fights. Even village zerkers were a walk in the park compared to sudden flyto, take half the hp dropin from a phoenix. Being 7 ranks below does not help either. GLWYN! Roll a Scarabite. We are the learn to PK the hardest way possible crowd.

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Sat 01-Feb-14 10:00 AM
Charter member
#119254, "RE: That pownix was da bomb"
In response to Reply #28

You don't know how bad I wanted to drop you in Arkham those times. Everyone in Fort was all like...watch out! The Voice is awake. And I was like...well once I dispel her. Its gonna be a different story. Transmuters and Conjies were really easy for the Phoenix..except for Zhenyen. But Scion despoil is just ridiculous. I think that needs to be abolished. Hehe.

Your familiar though with the emetic poison is really awful to deal with. That's why the second time I flew to you I hit it first.

Fun times. Maybe I'll make a Scarab. Who knows.

Accolon/Nabor/Saguntius (Anonymous)Sat 01-Feb-14 05:59 AM
Charter member
#119250, "Think I was a complainer"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sat 01-Feb-14 06:03 AM

Who told you you couldn't PK. I learned this game playing hero range evils when Oshui was at the height of his power so had a tendency to compare you to him perhaps somewhat unfairly. But to be honest - to foil Dwybaen all I needed to do was go into the Galadon sewers, or that cave one step off the northern road. You were tough in combat, as tough as a fully prepped Nabor but most of the time it seemed like outside of direct combat all you had was flyto and it made you very predictable.

Then you got the phoenix. Saguntius was at one point my toughest A-P on record but after one round with that thing - never again. I don't think I've ever decided to just flat out never fight someone like that quest form induced me to. With vulture/rhino you were a difficult challenge, with the phoenix I would have just been throwing away gear/sleeks/con. And like I mentioned, you were really not that difficult to avoid fighting if I didn't want to fight you.

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Sat 01-Feb-14 10:04 AM
Charter member
#119255, "RE: Think I was a complainer"
In response to Reply #30

You were exactly right. I wasn't really about searching you out if you went in the Underdark or the sewers because I wanted to be able to flyto/murder. It wasn't that I COULDN'T find you. It was that I figured you were down in a hole somewhere and therefore not causing too much trouble.

I heard all the stories about Oshui too, fighting out of form, etc etc etc. I definitely couldn't hang like that.

Its alright to be a complainer...I think the people telling me how to play a Maran were more annoying than the complainers. It was my JOB to make it difficult for you. And yeah after I killed Saguntius that one time I TRIED not to jump you repeatedly but if you ended up beneath me..I had to try. Hehe.

Thanks for being an enemy!

KaguMaruSat 01-Feb-14 02:14 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119258, "Pshhh"
In response to Reply #34

You were trying to find me. I distinctly remember Dwybaen tells you 'I was out looking for you in the darkest reaches and you were right outside my door'

Sorry if I'm coming over negative, you had a decent attitude I am just not impressed by flyto/murder.

Lusciat (Anonymous)Sat 01-Feb-14 02:11 PM
Charter member
#119257, "You didn't think the phoenix was good?"
In response to Reply #4

The one time we fought I had up protection, resist heat/cold and stoneskin and I still couldn't tank it...and I couldn't put out enough damage to even cause you any problems.

Maybe it wasn't an iWin button (I'm not sure what the distinction is) but I can't imagine what I could have done against it solo.

You were classy though, I didn't log in there but I saw you out of form on where and enlarged and ran up for the cranial/bash. I actually didn't figure you'd go AFK in a spot like that right out in the open .

I did dodge you by teleporting around for the rest of the session though, I knew there wasn't much I could do to you in a stand up fight other than run away.

AkresiusMon 03-Feb-14 09:49 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119285, "Goodbyes Enemies"
In response to Reply #4

As Daltheis, I had fun fighting you, too. After our run-ins at the Vanquisher in the 30s where I came out on top, I really didn't have much success against you later in life. I am very happy that you stuck it out to CON-DEATH.

As for your rant, I think you make very accurate points. Despite the criticism, the fact that you played as your role dictated within the constraints of your cabal dogma AND HAD A GOOD TIME doing so is a testament to a successful character.

Good luck on your next.

Ranzigon (Anonymous)Mon 03-Feb-14 06:27 PM
Charter member
#119297, "RE: Goodbyes Enemies"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Mon 03-Feb-14 06:28 PM

Darn! I wanted to fight you again. You never had a problem keeping me in place. We would both just dispel the snot out of each other and the fight pretty much insta fizzled out you'd fly off I'd run off to get my communes back up and that was that. I had found a few places I wanted to lure you into, but I guess I won't get the chance. Think if havoc and a few more select communes would have landed you wouldn't have done much too me with the rhino, but that's the bane of the "demon priest's" life. Nothing ever works as intended and some of my communes take 20% of my mana pool in one rip. Still think I could have got you.... or it could have gone wrong and I would have to take my own skull again. Such is life in the fields. Well played sir!

GLWYN

MerfMon 17-Feb-14 07:26 PM
Member since 05th Sep 2013
2 posts
#119414, "RE: Goodbyes Enemies"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Mon 17-Feb-14 07:26 PM

merf-Most cowardly Emperor ever. Maybe your RP, maybe not. Very annoying.

Not nearly as "cowardly" as you and the few fair weather players that was in fort. Dying to a guy named Merf, after 4 fortress members raiding tried ganking me down, you find me and die....

Lusciat (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 02:37 AM
Charter member
#119218, "You were tough."
In response to Reply #0

I felt extremely lucky to have caught you like that. Sorry about the things I took, I felt bad about that but I also felt like I needed to hook some of our people up with better gear when I had the chance.

GLWYN.

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 06:41 PM
Charter member
#119241, "RE: You were tough."
In response to Reply #3

No need to feel bad. Although I was gunning for you after that. And I probably would have taken some things I didn't need. Hehe.

Einrai (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 01:23 AM
Charter member
#119217, "Heh. You sure pissed all over Tribunal law."
In response to Reply #0

After Yuolud heroimmed, my good relations with Fort flew out the window alarmingly fast anyway.

Surprised you con-died. Your power must have been greatly exaggerated.

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 10:43 AM
Charter member
#119222, "RE: Heh. You sure pissed all over Tribunal law."
In response to Reply #2

I am not a great PK'er. and the Phoenix was not an iWin button by any means.

I also am NEVER careful with con so I probably heroed with teens and then had to quest for a little bit more. Heh. I tend to see that as a sign I'm willing to take risks and die if need be. Isnt that what a Maran path Destruction should do?

I had no need for the Law. Caught a lot of flack for busting guilds open and to that I say...'I'm not a Paladin, am I?' See nothing wrong with Chaotic Good Maran busting down guildguard to get at evil inside.

Einrai (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 11:55 AM
Charter member
#119224, "Lol I know right?"
In response to Reply #6

Meant as a honest comment, not criticism.

Risgran (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 12:27 AM
Charter member
#119216, "Well done."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, well done. I wasn't going to be on tonight, but I'm glad I got to say goodbye in person. I knew you through more than one character. You grew very well into Dwybean. I hope you had fun and come back with something else.

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jan-14 06:43 PM
Charter member
#119242, "RE: Well done."
In response to Reply #1

Glad you got to be the Captain. When I came back from holidays I knew I wanted to step down. Ton of new names and I didn't want to hold onto a leader position with other young people ready to take it over. Hope you enjoy it!!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119215 Previous topic | Next topic