Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nkgeh the Legend of the Battlefi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119115
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 24-Jan-14 05:09 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119115, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nkgeh the Legend of the Battlefield"

Fri Jan 24 04:04:26 2014

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Nkgeh perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:319

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Dead again..., Nkgeh (Anonymous), 24-Jan-14 07:24 PM, #10
Reply Probably my favorite non-flame-y goodbye in a while., TMNS, 24-Jan-14 07:50 PM, #11
Reply RE: Dead again..., TheBluestThumb, 24-Jan-14 08:28 PM, #12
Reply Was a big fan., Kwoalewei (Anonymous), 24-Jan-14 08:33 PM, #13
Reply There was passion behind it., Mendos, 24-Jan-14 08:45 PM, #14
Reply RE: Dead again..., Lyristeon, 24-Jan-14 09:18 PM, #15
Reply One last thing that you may or may not know. Lyr eats b..., Drogtar (Anonymous), 24-Jan-14 09:38 PM, #17
Reply I've been to that tavern!, Artificial, 25-Jan-14 12:13 AM, #20
Reply I had no idea you were around this long., Lusciat (Anonymous), 25-Jan-14 12:05 AM, #19
Reply RE: Dead again..., ByrnDork (Anonymous), 25-Jan-14 05:15 PM, #22
Reply RE: Dead again..., Haidaar (Anonymous), 28-Jan-14 03:24 AM, #23
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nkgeh the Legend of the Batt..., Amatrysti (Anonymous), 24-Jan-14 04:54 PM, #9
Reply I was torn on you., Mendos, 24-Jan-14 02:16 PM, #8
Reply RE: I was torn on you., Ekaerok (Anonymous), 03-Feb-14 10:03 AM, #24
Reply Noooooooo!!!!, Tiggle (Anonymous), 24-Jan-14 12:00 PM, #6
Reply A huge loss...., Yegrut (Anonymous), 24-Jan-14 12:05 PM, #7
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nkgeh the Legend of the Batt..., Keara (Anonymous), 24-Jan-14 10:18 AM, #5
Reply 319 Hours. No Title? No Last Name? What's up? I thought..., Mirozah (Anonymous), 24-Jan-14 10:04 AM, #4
Reply RE: 319 Hours. No Title? No Last Name? What's up? I tho..., Bemused, 24-Jan-14 09:37 PM, #16
     Reply It's Chris Warren dude :) , TMNS, 24-Jan-14 10:06 PM, #18
     Reply ..., Warren, 25-Jan-14 12:20 PM, #21
Reply Now who is going to catch my plagues now?, Voszoad (Anonymous), 24-Jan-14 08:43 AM, #3
Reply My favorite enemy, without a doubt., Einrai (Anonymous), 24-Jan-14 07:11 AM, #2
Reply nooooooo, Zimo (Anonymous), 24-Jan-14 05:51 AM, #1

Nkgeh (Anonymous)Fri 24-Jan-14 07:24 PM
Charter member
#119128, "Dead again..."
In response to Reply #0

That was a fun experiment there. I really enjoyed the character combo all the way around. Had a lot of great friends. Had a lot of bad moments. Had a lot more better ones.

Highlights included.

Inducted into a cabal early. Foedett does a good job of bringing in new blood when he's around and can take as much credit for the expansion of the Outlanders as any other.

Interaction with all the Outlander Immortals. All of these were really good interactions. There is a visible presence of Immortals around the Tree. Which is very comforting and fun. Each one spoke with me and in doing so I had RP opportunities granted at any time.

Solid number of players around me. I really enjoy exploring and gathering as much as I do hunting. I do try and share what knowledge I have with others. I try to help people out because I enjoy the game and knowing CF helps others enjoy it too. Slayed a few ancient dragons without having invokers. And even slayed the Kuo-toa King and the demon from Mortorn and collected every single piece of eq I wanted over time with Nkgeh.

First competitive warrior. I play a lot. I take breaks and I play the same characters over and over usually to really understand them. Third warrior back to back to back. Imperial with no friends. Then two wood-elf Outlanders. You might like, recognize one of like, the others. Nkgeh was able to toe to toe with anyone. Never had a warrior like that.

My main goal in creating my last four Characters was because I hate that Bulette. I rolled the necro that incubated in four days to kill him. I rolled all my warriors to kill him. And Nkgeh killed him. And I became to understand with guards he's absolutely sick. With an invoker he's even more sick. His skill set is absurd. His ratio of damn reduction to damage output is in my opinion light-years away from say a crocodile.

I took on the dynamic duo of the Fortress and won. Killing the warrior and making the paladin word. These fights went back and forth, but I'll take my wins and losses. I wish I had killed that paladin, but I could never make him stay long enough without leaving the warrior. I detested your weakness Paladin, so consider that a compliment in the most backhanded way possible.

I solo'd all my enemies inners. And I did so often. Keeping the items at the Tree feeds the younger Outlander spirit. It brings the fight to the woods, without having to hunt people down. A more controlled pk environment. I was able to hold items sometimes for long long periods of time. And I was able to defend to some degree against those that would retrieve or raid.

Low-lights.

My one conversation with Mendos where I flipped out. Probably one of the worst instances of my OOC over-reaction. You didn't deserve my speaking to you in such a way, and I completely understand your torn feelings. I'm not proud of my actions in this specific case.

And with all due respect. Feeling overlooked and jaded. I personally felt like I did enough to deserve some sort of attention other than nothing. I've been playing a long time. And I suppose I should understand that no one is entitled to anything. But I felt I gave a big opportunity to the Immortals to grant me a quest, not just out right grant me con. I asked for a quest to find herbs. From every Immortal in Outlander. I spoke about it early, with plenty of time to prepare such, and I got nothing. Speaking to the Avatars would merely be like talking to the most polite but inept concierge on earth. Always referred to the Greenhoof for answers. Spoke one time of the quest with them but never again did we speak of it in more than a sentence, though we spoke of other things several times after I was told they would try and get back with me. I get down to a 4 con, and blow up on Mendos. And then Tengi gets an interaction from the Imp that I considered absurd in what I assume was a single prayer? #### I was mad. All the way around. Speaking with the Imp in the tree and at the ruins was fun but it was well past the point of my blowup on Mendos and I didn't expect anything more at that point. I liked the character a lot and was just getting into the stride of understand the skill-set and the character in general. It would have been nice if it lasted longer. Deep breath. Sorry if you don't like that or understand that, but that's how I feel as a player. Woah woah, I said with all due respect ... its in the Geneva Convention, look it up ...

There were a few that got away. If you don't know who you are then I obviously didn't try hard enough. Oh well, there's always the next dry-erase plan.

I'll post good-byes shortly.

Lastly. I want to thank everyone. For a character that hit like a little girl, I tried push it to the limit. Friend, foe, mortal, and immortal for their contribution to this Character's existence. I've played POS for days alone and it's just no fun without the human-experience.

Rock on.

TMNSFri 24-Jan-14 07:50 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119129, "Probably my favorite non-flame-y goodbye in a while."
In response to Reply #10

You were able to keep it short and simple. Hit the salient points, highlighted the good and the bad, talked about perceived imbalances without throwing out accusations and flames, AND threw in a Talledega Nights reference.

+1000 Internets

TheBluestThumbFri 24-Jan-14 08:28 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
#119130, "RE: Dead again..."
In response to Reply #10

I liked you as Gawlar...you definitely seemed to get tougher as you heroed and I was looking forward to a hero range fight against you- sadly it was never meant to be.

Good job on this one.

Kwoalewei (Anonymous)Fri 24-Jan-14 08:33 PM
Charter member
#119131, "Was a big fan."
In response to Reply #10

I really enjoyed the few battles we had alongside each other. You were one that seemed to know what you wanted at any given moment and often dashed right in and made it happen.

There were a few battles with the Tribunals, etc. I think we'd have handled a lot better with a short breath to formulate a plan before storming into chaos, but style is style. You kept things interesting.

I was hoping you'd be kicking around for years to come but such is the way of the leaves. The Cult awaits your next incarnation.

MendosFri 24-Jan-14 08:39 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2013
180 posts
#119132, "There was passion behind it."
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Fri 24-Jan-14 08:45 PM

And passion comes from really investing yourself in something. That doesn't mean it is acceptable to break role, but I wasn't going to hold a grudge against you. I knew you were frustrated as a player and you were striving hard for that quest. Everyone has been there in CF as a player. It is a competitive game. Sometimes in the game I find myself just having to set the keyboard down to go outside for a jog, or to hit the gym.

I wanted to set you straight without causing any unnecessary drama and I am glad that after a little initial awkwardness, our dynamic went back to normal and even improved.

The most difficult thing from my perspective (RE: "Polite Concierge") was that heroimms literally are not involved in that part of the game at all. Most mortals who have never been up there probably vastly overestimate their involvement. It's why in our initial conversation I suggested you send a note to Immortal in as IC terms as possible.

I do think you learned a great deal, especially toward the end. I did really enjoy our talks. I was glad you managed to bring those frustrations back under control and play the character out to the end. There would have been unnecessary regrets, drama and a stain upon the character had it played out any differently.

LyristeonFri 24-Jan-14 09:18 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119133, "RE: Dead again..."
In response to Reply #10

I will keep this brief. All in all you were a decent character with one major flaw. You asked EVERYBODY for a con quest. You gave no good Thar-Eris promoting reason for a con quest. While I won't go into great detail about it, the reason you gave me for wanting a con quest wasn't good enough and the reason I showed up after that prayer from Tengi was to stop the requesting and praying for it. That was the only reason I showed up after Tengi prayed. It was time to move on. That was the general consensus, not a single imm's thought process.

Now, for the good. This was a solid character. But, came across more as a support character than a lead character. I am one of those imm's who doesn't pay attention to who is playing who. I may not know who you are, but to me it seemed like this character might be the one that gets you over the hump to the truly quality player. If you log, spend some time reading what you did right and wrong and give it the next step in your progression.

One last thing that you may or may not know. Lyr eats babies for fun at a Tavern in Dis.

Drogtar (Anonymous)Fri 24-Jan-14 09:38 PM
Charter member
#119135, "One last thing that you may or may not know. Lyr eats b..."
In response to Reply #15

I figured the imp as more of an Abyss kinda guy.

ArtificialSat 25-Jan-14 12:13 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#119138, "I've been to that tavern!"
In response to Reply #15

Good food, low prices, maybe not-so-great company.

Unfortunately the bridge across the river is out.

Really lowered my recommendation on tripadvisor.

Lusciat (Anonymous)Sat 25-Jan-14 12:05 AM
Charter member
#119137, "I had no idea you were around this long."
In response to Reply #10

I was looking forward to clashing with you, though I knew it'd be an uphill fight for my build. You seemed really respectful towards me, which I was grateful for and appreciated, given you were a pretty well feared guy.

GLWYN.

ByrnDork (Anonymous)Sat 25-Jan-14 05:06 PM
Charter member
#119142, "RE: Dead again..."
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Sat 25-Jan-14 05:15 PM

We had some great fights, and whilst I was mostly beating you up as the valley elf and earlier-ngkeh, you certainly had my number later.

I knew you were around a lot but holy cow, 350 hours and con death, I thought the valley elf was only about a fortnight ago!

Also I resent you calling me ByrnDork. It's ByrnNerd!

Haidaar (Anonymous)Tue 28-Jan-14 03:24 AM
Charter member
#119164, "RE: Dead again..."
In response to Reply #10

Really enjoyed our long talk accompanied by two fights. Respected you a lot for your boldness and skills. Will be missed.

Hope you enjoy the next even more.

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Fri 24-Jan-14 04:54 PM
Charter member
#119126, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nkgeh the Legend of the Batt..."
In response to Reply #0

Good talks! Glad to kill Qintaris with you.

MendosFri 24-Jan-14 02:14 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2013
180 posts
#119125, "I was torn on you."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 24-Jan-14 02:16 PM

As a heroimm I have a really narrow and limited perception of events so I can only really see and get involved with a very limited portion of the game.

I enjoyed our talks. I could see the frustration and the eagerness for a con quest. That incident was less than awesome but I think it was a heat of the moment thing.

Based on the feedback from players, you should be proud of this character, and you should also be proud of con dying. All in all I see huge player potential and I think if you can focus on playing the game for you whilst roleplaying and PKing to the hilt, you will find the rewards come to you.

Ekaerok (Anonymous)Mon 03-Feb-14 10:03 AM
Charter member
#119286, "RE: I was torn on you."
In response to Reply #8

I have to echo Mendos to a degree, I have a very narrow and limited perception of events. That being said, if anyone ever wants to extend the life of a character I don't see why they shouldn't at least try it. I had no clue whether the Elder Ancients would give you a con quest, but you can never succeed if you don't try.

Tiggle (Anonymous)Fri 24-Jan-14 12:00 PM
Charter member
#119123, "Noooooooo!!!!"
In response to Reply #0

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Yegrut (Anonymous)Fri 24-Jan-14 12:05 PM
Charter member
#119124, "A huge loss...."
In response to Reply #6

This is a huge loss for the Tree but I knew it was coming (just not this quick). You were a beast from what I saw and my only gripe was you kept running into fights swords a swinging without taking a moment to plan things out Seeing you get killed always made me sad because I knew your con must be low but that recklessness also paid off with some pretty awesome wins for you so kudos. I hope you come back to the Tree because we had an awesome thing going with our little 3-man team (4 if you include tiggle lol). GLWYN

Keara (Anonymous)Fri 24-Jan-14 10:18 AM
Charter member
#119122, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Nkgeh the Legend of the Batt..."
In response to Reply #0

Had a great deal of fun talking to you over the past few weeks. Especially with everything else happening IC. Wish I could have done more to help that one situation out, but it was still good dynamic RP between a few chars, even if I didn't totally get it.

Enjoyed the character, hope you're playing another soon.

Mirozah (Anonymous)Fri 24-Jan-14 10:04 AM
Charter member
#119120, "319 Hours. No Title? No Last Name? What's up? I thought..."
In response to Reply #0

Catching you with Tengi was one of my favorite fights. EVER. You were not afraid to bring it and mix it up a little bit.

I had your number, clearly, but I think you were just coming into your own when I had gotten you (a few times).

You seemed like you really enjoyed your character, and I really enjoyed interacting with you. So well done! Congrats and GLWYN!

BemusedFri 24-Jan-14 09:37 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#119134, "RE: 319 Hours. No Title? No Last Name? What's up? I tho..."
In response to Reply #4

>I had your number, clearly, but I think you were just coming
>into your own when I had gotten you (a few times).

Using someone else's farewell to toot your own horn. Priceless. You realise writing crap like that just makes people think you are a ####, right?

TMNSFri 24-Jan-14 10:06 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#119136, "It's Chris Warren dude :) "
In response to Reply #16

At least he doesn't have wall of thorns and a summon/gank!

WarrenSat 25-Jan-14 12:20 PM
Member since 17th Dec 2012
396 posts
#119139, "..."
In response to Reply #16

What I meant to say:

I got a few early pk's on you when you sucked. A shame I didn't get to fight you when you didn't suck as you would have rocked me.

That's all.

Voszoad (Anonymous)Fri 24-Jan-14 08:43 AM
Charter member
#119119, "Now who is going to catch my plagues now?"
In response to Reply #0

Awesome character..It was pretty fun running around with you and just
causing mayhem or what not. A real beast at times from what I could
see. Really going to miss your character and i'm pretty sure others
from the tree will too. Your presence overall helped with a power shift
with Outlanders and that is commendable.

Good Luck with whatever you got cooking next..

Crooooaaak!!

Einrai (Anonymous)Fri 24-Jan-14 07:11 AM
Charter member
#119118, "My favorite enemy, without a doubt."
In response to Reply #0

It was interesting to see you evolve from a weakling I smacked around long ago to the beast you were today.

Dug the love-hate relationship too. My favorite exchange:

Nkgeh tells you 'How's the slick one doing?'
You tell Nkgeh 'Slick? I'm not sure what's that supposed to mean, but I'm working some reports and papers.'
You tell Nkgeh 'That probably sounds incredibly boring but I haven't found time for it long since.'
Nkgeh tells you 'Yes. Paperwork. Binds of the slavery.'
Nkgeh tells you 'Forget the paperwork and come let me subvert you.'

Yeah, who do you think I am, some ####ing Jake Sally?

Zimo (Anonymous)Fri 24-Jan-14 05:51 AM
Charter member
#119117, "nooooooo"
In response to Reply #0

oooooo.

You'll be missed. By me, at least. Come back soon.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119115 Previous topic | Next topic