Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Klibendon O'Deagon the Uncouth Scra..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119016
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 19-Jan-14 05:28 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119016, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Klibendon O'Deagon the Uncouth Scrapper, Smith of the Noldarian Forge, Drillmaster of Battle"

Sun Jan 19 16:20:12 2014

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Klibendon perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:531

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Awesome character, atanek, 27-Jan-14 12:10 AM, #30
Reply That's all Folks., Kalageadon, 19-Jan-14 06:31 PM, #1
     Reply Awesome job. GLWYN nt, Gilut Fargyth (Anonymous), 19-Jan-14 08:09 PM, #2
     Reply Got ya by 1 PK, ;) nt, Kalageadon, 20-Jan-14 12:59 AM, #10
          Reply Saw that. One day I will play a gnome warrior and it ..., polmier, 20-Jan-14 02:06 PM, #21
     Reply Classy player..., Voszoad (Anonymous), 19-Jan-14 08:19 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Classy player..., Kalageadon, 20-Jan-14 01:07 AM, #11
     Reply RE: That's all Folks., Nopilopil (Anonymous), 19-Jan-14 09:04 PM, #4
     Reply RE: That's all Folks., Kalageadon, 20-Jan-14 01:16 AM, #12
     Reply Hah., vargal, 19-Jan-14 09:40 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Hah., Kalageadon, 20-Jan-14 01:24 AM, #13
     Reply My favorite, Halifan (Anonymous), 19-Jan-14 10:31 PM, #6
     Reply RE: My favorite, Kalageadon, 20-Jan-14 12:58 AM, #9
     Reply RE: That's all Folks., Mirozah (Anonymous), 19-Jan-14 11:49 PM, #7
     Reply RE: That's all Folks., Kalageadon, 20-Jan-14 12:37 AM, #8
     Reply You were gone for a bit. Been a couple real tough gnom..., TMNS, 20-Jan-14 02:24 AM, #14
     Reply RE: That's all Folks., Hutto, 20-Jan-14 10:51 AM, #15
     Reply I did., Kalageadon, 20-Jan-14 11:07 AM, #16
     Reply Great job!, Crraya (Anonymous), 20-Jan-14 11:45 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Great job!, Kalageadon, 20-Jan-14 11:56 AM, #18
     Reply Really, really well done, Whiysdan, 20-Jan-14 01:05 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Really, really well done, Kalageadon, 20-Jan-14 03:14 PM, #22
     Reply Excellent job., Lyristeon, 20-Jan-14 02:01 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Excellent job., Kalageadon, 20-Jan-14 03:24 PM, #23
     Reply I liked a bit of gnome action, Twizoua (Anonymous), 21-Jan-14 01:30 AM, #24
     Reply RE: I liked a bit of gnome action, Kalageadon, 21-Jan-14 02:04 PM, #25
     Reply RE: That's all Folks., keriel (Anonymous), 21-Jan-14 10:14 PM, #26
     Reply RE: That's all Folks., Kalageadon, 22-Jan-14 07:01 AM, #27
          Reply Space does lag occasionally. NT, TMNS, 22-Jan-14 02:04 PM, #28
     Reply RE: That's all Folks., HammerSong, 26-Jan-14 09:08 PM, #29
          Reply RE: That's all Folks., Kalageadon, 27-Jan-14 07:08 AM, #31

atanekMon 27-Jan-14 12:10 AM
Member since 27th Jan 2014
17 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119148, "Awesome character"
In response to Reply #0

All I've really got to say about that.

KalageadonSun 19-Jan-14 06:31 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
#119019, "That's all Folks."
In response to Reply #0

First, to the Imms and Staff. Your efforts can never get enough praise. Truly the most fun, aggravating, addictive game that I've ever played. People always ask me, how do you play something without pictures and I respond by saying.. I don't see the words anymore, all I see is Warrior... Mage... Cleric... Great job to all the innovation, interaction and monumental effort you all put in.

Thror, I know that real life calls so I'm glad that I was awarded a little bit of your time and I hope I didn't let you down.

Destuvious, In my opinion, it's always something to bring a smile to your face when a "God" comes down and puts in their two cents. Keep on doing what you're doing.

Umiron, Saw you once over when I managed pretty crazy kill over at the Pit. Even if it wasn't intentional, it's nice to know you're being watched.

As a side note, to any Imms that were helping with my problem, Thank you all but I really just enjoyed the experience and it it meant worlds to me that you were keeping me apprised of such.

Secondly, I made Klibendon with a few goals and I accomplished every last one. I made Mageslayer. Became a Full Smith. Rose to be a Leader. And to see what it was like to play Gnome Battle Berserker.

Specs...
1) Whip and flail. These weapons defend so poorly that any time that I used them I got beaten badly. If I'd know how bad the defense was, I'd have likely gone with something else. Being able to eyejab someone or pull someone were the two skills I used the most and even then, the success rate of them were awful. I failed 5 eyejabs in a row against Hexugar in our last arena fight, then 2 attempts to strip. Maybe I just have awful RNG but seemed a little wonky. Also, I died more times to entwine than it allowed me to kill an enemy. I think back to a recent fight, I was at 3/4ths hp my enemy gushing, I entwine and three rounds later I ate so much melee damage I died. Most of these things could be offset if shield block worked better than using a weapon that parried well in my offhand but after quite a bit of experimentation I found that wasn't the case. Also, stripping, worked monumentally better when the enemy couldn't simply defend just as well with their offhand as their main hand. Ouch.

2) Hand to Hand. Always one of my favorite specs. I seemed to do very well with it but one thing that threw me off was that stun is a very short duration and has a sleep timer but spinebreaker essentially stuns the enemy but doesn't have a timer. I think it would be nice to make these skills similar, either both have a timer or both just stun the enemy.

Legacies.
1)Striking. Parting block/cutoff likely killed me more times that it sealed any kills. Like blocking an Orc who hits MASSACRES through resist without exploiting a vuln. Over all, a good legacy to use in PK which was my main goal.

2)Whispers. Loved the healing on this legacy but my god it was awful if you got bleeding and the like. 1 bleed effect, I could sustain hp and maybe even gain a little but 2 and I was slowly dying. Poison, stopped all healing and caused me to lose hp every hour. I could have sworn that in the past it was a % vs % tug of war. It may still be but when I could heal 400 hp an hour sleeping without poison and -20-30 hp with poison, something just didn't seem right.

3)Space. Good legacy, never had it before so it took some working with to understand some of the inns and outs. Good legacy.

4)Just kidding. There weren't four, no matter who says so.

I love the village and enjoy playing villagers but once several of my logs were posted on Dio's.. I found getting fights considerably harder so I found that I'd fight considerably tougher enemies and let myself take way more risks than a normal person would, this was especially true about when I was close to con death. I do have most of my pk wins logged. I didn't log deaths, for the most part. If anyone has any requests.

Also, fwiw, I did my best not to hunt non-magi, unless (hunted by battle). If it was a raid or something similar, all bets were off but even then Klibendon's sense of courage made it hard for him to gang anyone.

To all the players, Great experiences overall. Halifan, you get a special mention, if you'd not been during my Era, I'd still have a ton of Con. I think I tallied 30ish pk/assists involving you and most of that was before I became Drillmaster.

Mirozah, said what I wanted on your goodbye. Very smart, quick, and I enjoyed both you and Rydell.

Zhenyen, Wow, I liked our conversations and most of our fights except when I got that 24 or 29 hr long "old school" rot from your devil. Ouch. Stay classy, sinister and dark, it suits you.

The Orcish Horde. You all get lumped into one category. My lord were there a bunch of you. Klibendon felt that most of you were as you are because of magical taint and I'd fight as such. I lost a good deal of con to you all also. Not as much as to Halifan but still, a lot. Savage feeding, masochism to allow you to savage feed almost every round if you are taking hits and get good echo is horrid. Add into that, spinebreaker, that can be done over and over, and gallons of elf blood. I'm fairly sure that I caused a shortage many times for many orcs.

Keriel, I can't belive that I managed to kill you that one time that Tribunal had the head then died when my wings broke about 15 seconds later. Very competent enemy. Immolation is way OP against villagers. I did a count several times looking at 600-800 hp once it landed, even in the water... Awful. It would flat out kill from 100% hp if I didn't have the head and water.

Nop, I enjoyed that 1 fight that you offered me when I had like 7 levels below you. I asked over and over and over again but never got another. If it were me and I was given a tank, I'd run some people over and blow some stuff up. Just sayin.. and it makes the game more lively.

Crraya, Thanks for appointing me as Drillmaster. Loved the experience.

Gilut, Really liked that you always provided the info for me and kept me pushing to surpass you.

I'm not going to continue but there are so many more villagers and enemies that I interacted with that I couldn't possibly recall you all.

Night of 100 players. My god was that crazy. It doesn't show in Muhktur's log but I was robbed by Nightwalkers not long before showing up and didn't have any water. Two people provided me with water and that allowed me to fight my fight, hit and run and eventually win. Thanks. You know who you are. This was one of my highlights.

Now, with me going back to College, I don't know how much time I'll have to devote to this game but I'm going to keep trying.

As a final note, most of my life I ran around with 15ish 25ish hit dam and fairly bunk gear. I didn't loot much and was looted far more often but really just wanted to make a point that the gear doesn't make the pker, being aggressive and active does.

Gilut Fargyth (Anonymous)Sun 19-Jan-14 08:09 PM
Charter member
#119020, "Awesome job. GLWYN nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

KalageadonMon 20-Jan-14 12:59 AM
1049 posts
#119046, "Got ya by 1 PK, ;) nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

polmierMon 20-Jan-14 02:06 PM
Member since 21st Aug 2011
267 posts
#119063, "Saw that. One day I will play a gnome warrior and it ..."
In response to Reply #10

>nt

Voszoad (Anonymous)Sun 19-Jan-14 08:19 PM
Charter member
#119022, "Classy player..."
In response to Reply #1

Very classy player/character.. We started interacting after night of 100 players, and from what I seen and heard you were a stand-up villager.. Great job showing a gnome can kick some ass..

Crooooak!

KalageadonMon 20-Jan-14 01:07 AM
1049 posts
#119047, "RE: Classy player..."
In response to Reply #3

I had my ideas on targets for that battle and you weren't one of them. I learned how to fight shamans pretty well early on with Sovitos and Drogtar and half a dozen others, so I was really just hoping you'd manage to weaken some of my enemies rather than aim for you.

You were always spot on in RP. I was glad to have the few interactions that we did.

Nopilopil (Anonymous)Sun 19-Jan-14 09:04 PM
Charter member
#119029, "RE: That's all Folks."
In response to Reply #1

I know you wanted those fights, but just like you trying not to hunt non-mages, my main motivation is not hunting non-criminals. Especially one that had never committed a crime. But as you found, if you attacked someone I was with or made aggressive moves towards my group, I would not shy away. Really the only way you were going to get those fights you wanted was to be a criminal, which you did finally end up doing. Awesome character though. Can't even think about having a villager for over 500 hours. Crazy.

KalageadonMon 20-Jan-14 01:16 AM
1049 posts
#119048, "RE: That's all Folks."
In response to Reply #4

I can't count the times that you'd dodge or deflect my opening attack and just keep walking on by. That was very annoying.

It didn't make a lot of sense for me in an RP stand point that I had to break the law to fight you. Sure, manacles makes defending against you and your lieutenants super hard so from a mechanic stand point it works very well but I'd rather a person not commit a crime and give them the fight than make them commit the crime to have the fight. I have to give you applause in return for your hour because I've usually had trouble playing Tribunal that long. Btw, Pretty sure I never landed a kill on you.

vargalSun 19-Jan-14 09:40 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2004
384 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119033, "Hah."
In response to Reply #1

Seemed like you had plenty of success with eyejab from my perspective. You landed it easily enough every time against Xermn. Then I got ordered to go and fight you like I hadn't been just getting my ass kicked all over the place. Probably amongst the lamest experiences I've had on one hand, but on the other you were a joy to fight and die to. Everything around you sucked and was amazingly unfun but you were cool.

Great character. GLWYN man, I hope we're on the same side.

KalageadonMon 20-Jan-14 01:24 AM
1049 posts
#119049, "RE: Hah."
In response to Reply #5

Giants were considerably tougher than most people think they would be. Ya'll have big damage output capability. Pole spec giant vs gnome is some good defense so getting an eyejab and disarm is huge. Sorry about the circumstances, I'd rather you lived from an IC point of view. Glad you had a bit of fun though.

Halifan (Anonymous)Sun 19-Jan-14 10:31 PM
Charter member
#119037, "My favorite"
In response to Reply #1

Oh, Klibendon. You were my favorite Rager by far. Just the absolute best. Fighting you was always an exciting match, and I'd put our fights at 50/50 odds in that going into it I wouldn't know if I'd come out on top or have to flee. Towards the end, you may or may not notice I eased off a bit, and wouldn't try to actively hunt you unless there was retrieving/raiding business involved.

I remember the first few times I ran into you. I was already 51 and hitting my stride, and I see this random gnome Villager warrior and think to myself 'easy PK.' Then I'd swoop on down, fully ABS'ed up, and you would send me packing, fearing for my life. Awesome job at warrior Villager. Really spot on. I took the Unpredictable edge to fend off you and the elven warrior STSF guys, and that seems like it helped a bit in fleeing out if I had to.

You were gracious in battle, gracious in defeat, and frankly, I don't know many people that could handle death the way you did. Like I wrote in Gilut's thread, you Ragers seem to be taking this parity thing to a whole new level, which is great, but really makes life hard on you.

A few of my most memorable times with you:
- Fighting you and Grugdath underwater until Grugdath drowned
- Trying to zap you with some maledicts when you'd rest underwater, and usually get my ass handed to me in the process
- Dying to you in front of Lyristeon after smugly standing there
- Swooping down on you in the Abandoned Siege Camp before I knew anything about you, and getting my ass handed to me
- The last two deaths in the Pit when you came in to try and goade me into battle, was especially fun because you were effectively aiding and blocking an Outlander mage from retrieving at the same time

A part of Halifan was having you as an enemy and now it'll have to be replaced with.. well.. who knows who. If I was on at the time, my goal would have been to challenge your final battle in an area, no fleeing, flying, or hiding from either of us. I think with your tattoo and bloodthirst you would have come out on top and I was happy to have you win. Ah well. Roll up something fun quickly and come challenge (or help) me!

GLWYN.

KalageadonMon 20-Jan-14 12:58 AM
1049 posts
#119045, "RE: My favorite"
In response to Reply #6

If you're referring to the time on Eastern road.. I didn't get the PK, some shifter swooped in and got the final hit. That happened to me several times throughout life. I think maybe half a dozen for my life that someone else got the KB from 1 or 2 hits. It was really weird because that hasn't happened to me much throughout my CF career.

On a different note, an ABS Lion and later Yeti, with 1.5-2x my hp and a mob that can tank/lag is just awful to fight. If you add in that your wimpy was so high that I couldn't lag you enough to kill you.. and it doesn't get much more annoying. I kept kicking myself for not taking axe for the chance to disembowel. That raid where you got away from me 3 different ways, at the Big D, left me really annoyed.

One of those times where I died at the pit I was like.. damn tried to lag you right after you fled, then you came back, smash smash, dead. I had 200 hp left and you were convulsing, I was really hoping to get you there.

Mirozah (Anonymous)Sun 19-Jan-14 11:49 PM
Charter member
#119042, "RE: That's all Folks."
In response to Reply #1

Klib! Ugh!

I posted a reply in my death thread, I totally missed your message.

REALLY well done. GNOME warrior? Seriously? You were the one villager I just couldn't seem to get my way with.

I absolutely used everything I could against you. Your notions of honor, parity, and whatever other ploy I could use to try to kill you. Nothing worked, you just owned me when you had the head. Without the head, well. The tables turned.

Really well done, the jokes about gnome warriors have ended with you.

GLYWN. Hope we meet in the fields again.

KalageadonMon 20-Jan-14 12:37 AM
1049 posts
#119043, "RE: That's all Folks."
In response to Reply #7

I may try to post a few of our fights. I did have a lot of fun in them. You made a lot of folk that wouldn't typically be of a danger, very dangerous. I tended to not do as much exploring or let myself get too strung out when you were around because I never knew when you'd show up. I have a lot of respect for you in PK.

TMNSMon 20-Jan-14 02:24 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#119050, "You were gone for a bit. Been a couple real tough gnom..."
In response to Reply #7

They just need to be played by a solid player.

Jaguab had a Commander Gnome Polearm/HTH if I remember correctly. People thought he was Nepenthe.

Shapaa had a Gnome HTH/Spear(?) Defender that beat serious ass.

STSF makes gnomes completely viable. You just have to survive long enough for it to matter. Which, being vuln blunt and having ####ty warrior stats, isn't easy.

HuttoMon 20-Jan-14 10:51 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
234 posts
#119056, "RE: That's all Folks."
In response to Reply #1

>Most of these things could be offset if shield block
>worked better than using a weapon that parried well in my
>offhand but after quite a bit of experimentation I found that
>wasn't the case.

Did you try shields with a high armor value against the incoming attack and a material you had a decent armor use skill with?

Hutto, the Sleepy

KalageadonMon 20-Jan-14 11:07 AM
1049 posts
#119057, "I did."
In response to Reply #15

I used a variety of shields, only materials that I knew, and all armor block skills were perfect. In fact, I perfected every skill that I ever practiced and then moved on to exotics because I wanted something to defend and do damage, which began the rumor of my 4th legacy. Exotics were nice but most of the good ones were so darn heavy. In the end, I still carried a shield with me almost all the time because I'd use it to lower my number of attacks and it ended up being lighter than most decent swords.

Crraya (Anonymous)Mon 20-Jan-14 11:45 AM
Charter member
#119059, "Great job!"
In response to Reply #1

It's funny... when you first joined the village, Gilut and I had discussions about your merits and whether you'd stick it out.

Well you did, and did a fantastic job of it.

GLWYN

KalageadonMon 20-Jan-14 11:56 AM
1049 posts
#119060, "RE: Great job!"
In response to Reply #17

He told me about that conversation. I'm glad that I proved you wrong, in the end.

WhiysdanMon 20-Jan-14 01:05 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#119061, "Really, really well done"
In response to Reply #1

I watched this character a ton and really enjoyed it. Well done on all fronts.

KalageadonMon 20-Jan-14 03:14 PM
1049 posts
#119064, "RE: Really, really well done"
In response to Reply #19

Thanks for the title. When I got it, I was like.. This sounds like Whiysdan wrote it. I had a good chuckle the first time I read it and a few times there after. Then reading the PBF, I had a good laugh to see that you put the comment in there. I'm glad I was able to provide a little enjoyment to watch in action. A gnome warrior is a painful combination but it provided a good surprise to many would be attackers.

LyristeonMon 20-Jan-14 02:01 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119062, "Excellent job."
In response to Reply #1

You were a lot of fun to watch and the night of 100 players, you just rocked it. If you hadn't had the third legacy already, you would have gotten it then. Good luck with college and if you find it too easy, you have a home here.

KalageadonMon 20-Jan-14 03:24 PM
1049 posts
#119065, "RE: Excellent job."
In response to Reply #20

Well, I'm trying to finish up a BA so I can move on to bigger and better things, as it is long over due. One of these days though, I may try giving an applicant to the crew. I still smile every time I see items that I submitted to Rayihn for Arial city and have considered doing so a couple times. For now though, I may putz around with something that isn't as in depth.

Your random interactions with the players and all the strange things you do, I'm presuming santa zombie was at least partly your idea, are just awesome. BTW, I was the Tribunal Bard present for your homecoming not long ago. All those mobs inside that tree was insane.

Twizoua (Anonymous)Tue 21-Jan-14 01:30 AM
Charter member
#119069, "I liked a bit of gnome action"
In response to Reply #1

Didn't envision ever having to fight a gnome rager, that is the worst possible matchup. And hand spec to make it even worse. I think our score was about even in the end. Good job.

KalageadonTue 21-Jan-14 02:04 PM
1049 posts
#119074, "RE: I liked a bit of gnome action"
In response to Reply #24

Dagger gnome was a tough enemy for me. I geared mainly for saves and once you landed more than one dagger skill, I wasn't healing, so you were a painful matchup mechanically. I liked the little bit of RP between us and loved your sense of pride. I think I recall telling you once if you'd waited just a bit longer I'd been sleeping and you responded something like, that's not my style. That gave you huge props in my book. GLWYN.

keriel (Anonymous)Tue 21-Jan-14 10:14 PM
Charter member
#119076, "RE: That's all Folks."
In response to Reply #1

Was a pleasure interacting with you. Appreciated that you stuck to your guns and *only once* broke the law. I have to say you were a beast to fight even without the head. Once you got that third legacy it was nearly impossible to face you one one one so that took the wind out of my sail for a bit. Kudos on the kills you did get though

glwyn

KalageadonWed 22-Jan-14 07:01 AM
1049 posts
#119079, "RE: That's all Folks."
In response to Reply #26

I liked that you'd actually fight me early on but for the last couple hundred hours I didn't see you around very much. In most cases, Space didn't have much of an effect on 1 vs 1 combat unless someone did something crazy like spam a direction, which never happened more than 3 spaces or scan all. It doesn't lag for a round like people say, so usually they'd get hit a few times and flee or would begin fighting and not get hit by it again. I had plenty of times where people would get 2 or 3 attempts at something between rounds, FWIW. You got all of my invoker deaths, 9 I think. Meaning you tied with the former Emperor, Gharzal. I think in the end I could attribute "about" 3/4ths of my deaths (70/100) to 6 characters and you were one of them. Keep on doing the Evil thing, it works for you.

TMNSWed 22-Jan-14 02:04 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#119081, "Space does lag occasionally. NT"
In response to Reply #27

NT

HammerSongSun 26-Jan-14 09:08 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
#119146, "RE: That's all Folks."
In response to Reply #1

You know there is a great character when the first thing you do upon logging in is type "whois kliben"

This character was so consistent. True to the religion, you tackled any challenge head on. As immortals, we can't help but reward that. You also participated in quests and interactions, giving you more of a spotlight. Our interactions were meaningful and allowed me to have fun with the game.

Thanks for making my religion shine. Despite how little I show my presence, for certain characters it is very worthwhile.

Apologies I wasn't online to help see your death go out with some flare! Looking forward to the next.

KalageadonMon 27-Jan-14 07:08 AM
1049 posts
#119151, "RE: That's all Folks."
In response to Reply #29

During the night of 100 Players, I was so nervous about that big brawl. I think I mentioned somewhere else, I even forgot to restock myself a skin after some nightwalker theft. It was the last thing that I expected to finish, much less win. I was sure that I'd be targeted but I think I kinda flew under the radar as the squishy gnome. Thankfully I was able to pull it off and it was one of the crowning achievements of Klibendon to do so while you were there watching.

I've always enjoyed your religion. I love that it can be adapted to nearly any cabal. I'll admit that it is a little tougher to "be mean" to fellow cabal mates that need shaping, sometimes.

Thanks for the chance at your religion and for the brief stint as Drillmaster and I hope to see you again in the fields sometime.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #119016 Previous topic | Next topic