Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Kailin the Knight of the Apocaly..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118947
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 17-Jan-14 03:32 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118947, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Kailin the Knight of the Apocalypse, Black Servant"

Fri Jan 17 14:25:41 2014

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Kailin perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:anti-paladin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:109

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I hope you liked your temp title., Akresius, 23-Jan-14 01:32 PM, #13
Reply Ahh I thought that was from the imm who went vis over m..., KaguMaru, 23-Jan-14 01:52 PM, #14
Reply Sorry you're gone., Grodrik (Anonymous), 18-Jan-14 12:04 PM, #8
Reply It's not multikilling if they come at you again, KaguMaru, 18-Jan-14 12:22 PM, #9
     Reply I didn't grab your weapon the second time., Grodrik (Anonymous), 18-Jan-14 08:52 PM, #11
          Reply Because it had already been sac'd the first time..., KaguMaru, 19-Jan-14 05:47 AM, #12
Reply You are a little too risky in my opinion.Semi-long post, robdarken_, 18-Jan-14 07:52 AM, #7
Reply This is a great post.nt, Vonzamir, 18-Jan-14 05:54 PM, #10
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Kailin the Knight of the Apo..., Taygete (Anonymous), 17-Jan-14 09:48 PM, #4
Reply You were the scariest thing I fought until Ghrandang, KaguMaru, 18-Jan-14 05:33 AM, #6
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Kailin the Knight of the Apo..., Daevryn, 17-Jan-14 07:50 PM, #3
Reply I think we just have wildly different login times, KaguMaru, 18-Jan-14 05:32 AM, #5
Reply had a feeling..., someone (Anonymous), 17-Jan-14 04:36 PM, #1
     Reply Trying to figure out who you are, KaguMaru, 17-Jan-14 05:48 PM, #2

AkresiusThu 23-Jan-14 01:32 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119097, "I hope you liked your temp title."
In response to Reply #0

I was looking at your PK ratio one day and you were like 14-1 or something. I looked the next day and you had eaten five or so deaths. :-P

KaguMaruThu 23-Jan-14 01:52 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119098, "Ahh I thought that was from the imm who went vis over m..."
In response to Reply #13

It inspired me to post all the logs from that day at any rate. Also by my count I was 19-0 before death #1. I'd had a mob death from an aggro mob someone had lured to a usually entirely safe area which thre 3 demos at me when I was in the teens.

Alas it wasn't just an off day, it was the beginning of the end. I apparently have a problem with recognising when I still have a lot to lose.

Grodrik (Anonymous)Sat 18-Jan-14 12:04 PM
Charter member
#118993, "Sorry you're gone."
In response to Reply #0

I was trying to not attack you the second time but I wasn't going to run from you either. I would have liked to see how many charges I was worth though. GLWYN.

KaguMaruSat 18-Jan-14 12:22 PM
805 posts
#118994, "It's not multikilling if they come at you again"
In response to Reply #8

You don't HAVE to sac the weapon though, particularly if you beat the living snot out of them

Grodrik (Anonymous)Sat 18-Jan-14 08:52 PM
Charter member
#118997, "I didn't grab your weapon the second time."
In response to Reply #9

I did grab the darkened platemail though.

KaguMaruSun 19-Jan-14 05:47 AM
805 posts
#119001, "Because it had already been sac'd the first time..."
In response to Reply #11

Sure you didn't sac any of the other weapons like some people do. I'd probably have deleted on the spot in that event instead of attacking someone else at 50% health then deleting.

robdarken_Sat 18-Jan-14 07:52 AM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
374 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#118987, "You are a little too risky in my opinion.Semi-long post"
In response to Reply #0

It's clear you try hard based on how much you prep etc. But honestly unless your goal is to be a lowbie killing a-p, you are just way too risky about forcing fights that can screw you fast early on. Maybe it's just my preference speaking here, but if a fight boils down to a chance greater than like 20% of you dying to bash, a random melee round, pincer, whatever... I just would skip that fight, and a lot of lowbie fights are like that. People die fast at lowbie, and the odds can change wildly, so taking chances can net you a lot of success (especially if you are geared better than your opponents assume), but eventually it's bound to screw you. After you got that set I'd have stopped gambling and instead gone for surgical kills that will for sure improve your set or just offer risk-free edgepoints.

There is of course nothing wrong with dying. You wind up with the same character you had before -gear/whatever. But dying too much can stop you from snowballing, and most of the work as an a-p seems to me to be keeping your head on 100% of the time until you hit snowball territory, that point being where I always seem to just barely fall short on my own a-ps, as I let pk-greed overtake me and screw me at crucial points, all the while prior to dying telling myself "you really need to just get out."

Additionally, there is nothing wrong with rushing three people ranking if you are prepped, but in my experience playing multiple orcs and a-ps who made a living off of this in the mid ranks (orcs are kind of like low-midbie a-ps hahah), if they have even the vaguest idea you are coming and have any way to lag you, skip it. If they are coming FOR YOU, really skip it.

You mentioned being interested in a necro. I say go for it, just don't aim for becoming a lich or whatever right away. It's an awesome class anyway, forget the destination for a while and enjoy the ride.

I really liked necro pk 11-40. And once you get wraithform, the class shield spell, and the first wraithform edge (which is worth it in my opinion), you can get into a lot of tough fights pretty safely without actually even prepping.

VonzamirSat 18-Jan-14 05:54 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
#118995, "This is a great post.nt"
In response to Reply #7

nt

Taygete (Anonymous)Fri 17-Jan-14 09:48 PM
Charter member
#118982, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Kailin the Knight of the Apo..."
In response to Reply #0

We had a hilarious fight going in Hamsah. Thought I was gonna die, then thought you were going to die like three times, then I ended up dead. Shapeshifters are fairly one dimensional though. Did you log that?

Off Topic: The spiderhands spell is illogical to have on a shifter.

GLWYN

KaguMaruSat 18-Jan-14 05:33 AM
805 posts
#118986, "You were the scariest thing I fought until Ghrandang"
In response to Reply #4

That giant crab is one hell of a lowbie form. Started logging after that fight though, so I don't have it.

DaevrynFri 17-Jan-14 07:50 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#118979, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Kailin the Knight of the Apo..."
In response to Reply #0

Man, you started so strong and then something went wrong.

Sorry I kept missing you as Daevryn. You were the one person I had left on my list that I really needed to catch up with.

KaguMaruSat 18-Jan-14 05:32 AM
805 posts
#118985, "I think we just have wildly different login times"
In response to Reply #3

Been wanting to give Daevryn follower another shot ever since Madoc.

Is it Kosher to send OOC notes to arrange a time for interaction?

someone (Anonymous)Fri 17-Jan-14 04:35 PM
Charter member
#118957, "had a feeling..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 17-Jan-14 04:36 PM

you were going to flame out. Don't want to out my character but really enjoyed interacting with you, and our early interactions went a long way toward helping me flesh out my own character and role.

From a nuts and bolts standpoint level 36 a-p really walks the razor's edge of deadly but frail (DBF), and you end up with a lot of pretty dangerous folks in range. Unlike most other DBF combos, however, you don't really have the option of racing to hero because it becomes tougher to get kills. Instead, you have to go kill all the other DBF guys while they are still F.

Actually executing that and not making a mistake along the way is incredibly difficult and requires a lot of patience, strategy, and luck. It looked like you were having fun going balls to the wall but that's almost always going to end in tears for an a-p trying to build charges.

Looking forward to your next incarnation.

KaguMaruFri 17-Jan-14 05:48 PM
805 posts
#118965, "Trying to figure out who you are"
In response to Reply #1

Most of my early interactions were confined to bash;g all.coins corpse or c lig;g all.coins corpse.

I got intoxicated by my early kill streak and started taking less care than I should have. Then once the deaths started coming I reacted poorly and ran into more. Not a new thing with my chars.

I will say though this one was particularly balls to the wall.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118947 Previous topic | Next topic